Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Harry Potter Theme Park v.2

Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:17 pm
First Year

Re: Harry Potter Theme Park v.2

I'm so excited! I'm going to Harry Potter World over spring break! I can't wait!

Peace. Love. Harry Potter.
<3

Proud Member of Gryffindor!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:45 pm
Registered Animagus

I am going in two weeks. I hope it is great.

Old February 4th, 2011, 12:53 am
Third Year

72 days until I go for Spring Break! I told all my students I'm going and they are all jealous.

"We spent time here, we made friends here. Thatís a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, itís bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after weíre gone. Maybe weíll see our kids go here.
Thatís the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long youíre away from it, thereís always a way back."
Old February 4th, 2011, 12:58 am
Second Year

I have yet to go. If I had it my way, I would just live there forever

Anyway, random story. I was sitting in the office today at my place of employment and I saw a Gryffindor-esque scarf out of the corner of my eye. I picked it up and saw a "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" tag on one of the ends and I became inexplicably excited. I have no idea to whom the scarf belongs; not many people use that office. I need to find this mystery owner and become his/her best friend.

Old February 4th, 2011, 1:15 am
Second Year

Awwww... It seems a lot of people keep going! I know quite a few people who have been (actually, whom I educated about the park when it was being built!) and I still can't go, and probably won't for a long time (at least it gives me time to raise money for the awesome souvenirs ) lol...

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is now officially open! We can finally enter the world we always dreamed about!

"Of course it's been happening in your head Harry, but why on Earth should that mean it's not real?" Albus Dumbledore

"Do not pity the dead Harry, pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love" Albus Dumbledore

"After all, to the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure" Albus Dumbledore

Love Dumbledore's wise quotes, he's definitely got his priorities straight and his heart in the right place.
Old February 4th, 2011, 1:45 am
Registered Animagus

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/4144

New rumor! Gringotts and Diagon Alley to be built in 2013!

Old February 4th, 2011, 2:57 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post

Hope it's true!! I remember being so surprised when I heard that they were doing a HP theme park and were doing Hogsmeade and not Diagon Alley. Imagine going into Weasley Wizard Wheezes? Eeylops? Florean Fortescue's? Flourish & Blotts? Madam Malkin's? And that Gringotts ride sounds like it would be perfect.

I know not to get excited over rumors, but man...that sounds amazing!

"We spent time here, we made friends here. Thatís a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, itís bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after weíre gone. Maybe weíll see our kids go here.
Thatís the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long youíre away from it, thereís always a way back."
Old February 4th, 2011, 7:30 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post

They got it from the same article I posted in this very thread yesterday.

I'm not to thrilled about live shows. I'm not a fan of them at most amusement parks because they usually just ain't that good. Most amusement parks, including Universal, cannot afford to put up a triple AAA show, like you would see on say Broadway, or in Vegas becuase people are essentially seeing it for free. And an expensive live show just won't increase the ticket sales to *** parks enough to justify it.

However, even if I aint a huge fan for live shows, I posted on the mugglenet story my idea for a good live show.

Thought I like the Tri Wizard concept for a live show. I think the stage should be treated as a giant classroom. Where the audience is treated as muggles going to their first Hogwarts lecture. I think the class should be either Defense against the dark arts or Care of magical creatures. During *** class the professor would lecture and perform magic. Maybe add in some audience participation. Then for a climax have something go wrong where some spell goes haywire or a creature gets loose or both.

Anyways that my live show suggestion....

Old February 11th, 2011, 3:14 am
Second Year

Hello you guys! Okay, so it's been a while since I've posted in here, and I've got a bit to say - regarding a certain, err, expansion if you will Two industry- in-the-know people I happen to know over another website, who really know their stuff, have confirmed that, indeed, the plans have been drawn up and are awaiting approval by J.K. Rowling. One major addition - one minor. That is all that is currently know. Now I will halt this by saying while these two were extremely reliable the first time around (when WWoHP was being built), this is still speculation. On that note - let the magic begin once more

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is now officially open! We can finally enter the world we always dreamed about!

"Of course it's been happening in your head Harry, but why on Earth should that mean it's not real?" Albus Dumbledore

"Do not pity the dead Harry, pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love" Albus Dumbledore

"After all, to the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure" Albus Dumbledore

Love Dumbledore's wise quotes, he's definitely got his priorities straight and his heart in the right place.
Old February 18th, 2011, 8:36 pm
Registered Animagus

Well i am going on Sunday and will be unplugged until Wednesday. I hope it is awesome.

I don't buy stuff but i might buy some HP playing cards if they have them. That sounds cool.

Old February 18th, 2011, 9:10 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
Well i am going on Sunday and will be unplugged until Wednesday. I hope it is awesome.

I don't buy stuff but i might buy some HP playing cards if they have them. That sounds cool.
Well the thing about this place is, there is a certain rarity to items that have a characters face on them. I don't think there are HP playing cards in the WWoHP. What is there is stuff you would probably see (albeit the stuff that DOES have characters on) if you were actually in Hogsmeade. So snitches, sneakoscopes, rememberalls, and of course, magic wands in Ollivanders. Take some extra money anyway - you might just find you'll want to buy something.
And I promise you, the WWoHP is a masterpiece. You will truly feel as if you have entered Harry's world...

Old February 19th, 2011, 12:41 am
First Year

I"m so excited to go to The park I'm going in April during my spring break and I'm so excited please message me with the best things to do there i would really love to hear what i should do not do but ill porbably do everything

The Next Dark Lord
Wizarding World of Harry Potter 4-12-11
ďI drink a lot of Diet Coke and belch."- Helena Bonham Carter
MUDBLOOD
Old February 20th, 2011, 1:07 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellatrixRiddle View Post
I"m so excited to go to The park I'm going in April during my spring break and I'm so excited please message me with the best things to do there i would really love to hear what i should do not do but ill porbably do everything
Did you get my message? And once again, have a truely magical time, say hello to the Hogwarts Express Conductor for me :P

Old February 20th, 2011, 1:29 am
Third Year

Quote:
You will LOVE it there! I was so excited when I went and want to keep going again and again! Don't forget to buy a frozen butterbeer!

Old February 21st, 2011, 1:35 am
Second Year

Quote:
It might be busy again during spring break. I would definitely not to go to WWOHP the first thing in the morning.
the lines my be too long. I know the feeling though the first time you go. When you are on the I-4 highway first coming to park, you will see Hogwarts in the distance and once you get out of the car you will be wanting to go straight to it. If you can resist and enjoy other parts of the park before I would do that, but if you can;t, I won;t blame ya .

Other then that. The most advise I could give is do window shopping in the daytime. But wait till dark to go back to Hogsmeade and do your real shopping then. The WWOHP will be less busy and it looks awesome at night!

BTW, if folks that went to WWOHP and loved it are seeing this post. Please got to about.com and vote for WWOHP at best new attraction!

Here's the link

Old February 21st, 2011, 1:52 am
Second Year

If you have early admission, go then. It will still be busy, but you won't have to wait in line to enter the shops. (Exception of Ollivanders)

Old February 23rd, 2011, 2:56 pm
Second Year

Can you buy Harry Potter cotumes at the Theme Park ?

When I'll go to the park I want to buy a Gryffindor uniform and the neckties of the other houses. Are there stores that sell the costumes ?

Last edited by SusanBones; February 24th, 2011 at 4:38 am.
Old February 26th, 2011, 3:21 pm
Registered Animagus

So this was awesome. I want to go again sometime. The new ride was actually pretty good. I went there first thing and the lines were very long. It took us like an hour or so to get on the ride which really isn't that bad. Probably because the line wasn't worked in at that moment. Then we wandered around the town and saw the singing students with the frogs. We went into some of the stores and i bought my playing cards. I always do that, buy playing cards.

Then we went and ate at the three broomsticks which was completely awesome. If you look up at the ceiling in the main room of the three broomsticks you can see like shadows of different creatures doing things. There was a house elf and some owls flying and a broom sweeping itself. That was pretty good. I also had a butter beer which was very very sweet. If you don't like extremely sweet things i wouldn't do it. I could only drink half of it and i thought i was going to go into a sugar comma.

Then we went back out and went on the dueling dragons which is always worth it. The line was very short for it. There is a great place to take pictures of the castle on the exit from this ride. Then we went on the Hippogriff ride which i had never been on before. That is a very tame ride but still fun.

After this we were going to move on to other parts of the park but i wanted to go on the new ride again so we went through the single person line and pretty much just walked onto the ride so after that we decided we should go on it again before we leave the section. So i went on the new ride three times over all.

We tried to go back again at night and they weren't letting any people in. I was extremely annoyed by that. Something about there were too many people back there already. I took some pictures from outside at night but that was about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogki View Post
Did you get my message? And once again, have a truely magical time, say hello to the Hogwarts Express Conductor for me :P
I so took a picture with the guy. He was really into taking pictures.

PS. I don't know if i just had HP on the brain but on the flight back our flight attendant really reminded me of Neville. Not exactly but there was something Neville like about him.

Old February 28th, 2011, 4:24 am
Banned

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter... A Photo Tour

Wizarding World Photo Tour

I have the privilege of living close to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. So I have a few pics to share, with some of my thoughts on the area. The pictures are scattered around my Flickr page, but I'm presenting them in one location for everyone to see. Plus, they look much better against a black background.

Hogsmeade: Please Respect The Spell Limits by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Triwizard Spirit Rally: Beauxbatons Academy by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Hogwarts Castle: Wall of Talking Portraits by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

First Years This Way, Please!!! by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Last edited by SRisonS; March 4th, 2011 at 4:26 pm.
Old February 28th, 2011, 5:22 pm
Second Year

Guys!! Please tell me if you can purchase Hogwarts uniforms ? Or any kind of clothes, like the costume of Sirius Black in OOTP, I'm kinda interested in having his costume also.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies