Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Resident Evil

Old January 22nd, 2009, 2:21 am
Banned

Resident Evil

Are there any Resident Evil fans here? What do you think of the series overall? Which game in the series is your favorite and least favorite, leaving out the Outbreak games? Are you looking forward to Resident Evil 5 this March?

Overall this is one of the best video game series I have played. I've been hooked since I played Resident Evil 2 10 years ago. Some people do not like the puzzle aspect of the games and do not like the static cameras from the series (sans the Outbreak games and Resident Evil 4). I personally enjoy the static camera from the games before RE4 and I enjoy the puzzles. What I like the most about the games is the storyline. Of course it is far-fetched but I find that it is quite well-written. When I played the games for the first time, I was eagerly waiting for the next pre-rendered cutscenes that advanced the story even further. I was initially upset at the lack of pre-rendered cutscenes in RE4 but the game grew on me.

My favorite in the series is Resident Evil 2. It's the first Resident Evil game I completed. I wish Capcom would remake the game like they did with the first game in the series. My least favorite will have to be RE3.

I am excited that RE5 will be here soon. I played the demo on the 360 and even in standard definition the graphics are outstanding. One feature that I like is that you can set the controls to those of RE4. Since my right hand is deformed I am quite happy the developers decided to do that. Another great feature is that when you are with your partner, Sheva Alomar, and you are injured, she can heal you on the spot and you can do the same to her. When you are running low on ammunition, she can give you some and you can do the same for her. You can give her other items like herbs.

March can't come soon enough.

Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2009, 6:24 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Re: Resident Evil

My favorite would be either 0 or 4 and of course the first one was a great, new experience in gaming. I've played all of them except for the Outbreak ones.

I can't wait for 5. From the trailers I've seen, it looks great. I'm interested in seeing how Sheva will work both as an AI and in the two player mode.

Old February 5th, 2009, 6:45 pm
Banned

You can download the demo, snapegirl. It know it is available for the XBOX 360 and I think it's available for the PS3 now. The demo is pretty good if you can ignore the horrible controls. For some reason you still cannot shoot while running.

Last edited by NumberEight; February 5th, 2009 at 6:47 pm.
Old March 19th, 2009, 1:10 am
Dr Mrs The Monarch

I got RE 5 yesterday. I think the split screen in co-op mode is a bit weird and small. Besides that, I'm really enjoying it. Anyone else played it yet?

Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:02 pm
First Year

I LOVE The Resident Evil games!
I think my favourite right now is RE3 - Nemesis. Jill is, imo, one of the best characters
Hahah, is it weird for me to think that Leon is hot? For a video game character, he's not bad...

My patronus is a wolf
Old August 2nd, 2009, 3:45 am
Lycanthrope

I thought 5 was cool too - graphics were kick. But I still liked 4 better...