Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Your Favorite Video Game Moments?

Old November 25th, 2008, 12:52 am
First Year

Your Favorite Video Game Moments?

I am sure there is a part of a game that sticks out in your mind as simply being awesome, for whatever reason. You know the moment when you have to pause the game, or just simply gaze into the television in awe, or maybe its just the accomplishment of beating a game. Anyways I want to know what it is.

Here's what I want to know:
What game was it?
What part of the game made you feel that way and why?

Here are my top 3 as of right now.

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Exploring Hyrule Field for the first time, the music that is always such a huge part of any Zelda game, the feeling of the massive exploration that lies ahead, watching the sun set in the distance, and the graphics. I remember at the time thinking it was the most amazing thing I've seen in a video game, and obviously it still holds a place in that line of thought.

2. Assassin's Creed - Riding on a horse when entering Damascus for the first time, standing on the cliff overlooking the city and being able to see the whole city laid out in front of you. It kind of gave me the same feeling as Ocarina of Time did, but not quite on the same level.

Spoiler: show
Also the part when Lucy holds up her hand showing you that she is also an Assassin, simply awesome!

3. Legend of Zelda - The satasfaction of beating Ganon was awesome. Such an awesome game at the time, and still is. It was the first game I ever beat and I remember how it seemed to take forever. Now it can be easily beatable in a few hours time, or faster. (Google Zelda speed runs)

Anyways please share. And please if it is a new game and you think it might give something away, use the spoiler function, so as to not ruin it for someone who might be currently playing the game.

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2008, 5:46 am
First Year

Re: Your Favorite Video Game Moments?

Mine would have be while I was playing BioShock, which is my favorite video game of all time.

The moment that your character, Jack Ryan, realizes that he was "manufactured" by Frank Fontaine as a way of killing Andrew Ryan, your biological father was awesome. I had no idea who my character was supposed to be, but when I found out, I was floored. I'll never think of the words "would you kindly?" the same way again. Amazing story line!

Also, and this probably pretty cheesy, but the first time that I played Mario Kart on my SNES was amazing. I love that game, and every new once since. Whoever thought of that game was a genius.

Old December 12th, 2008, 3:05 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalFukar View Post
I3. Legend of Zelda - The satasfaction of beating Ganon was awesome. Such an awesome game at the time, and still is. It was the first game I ever beat and I remember how it seemed to take forever. Now it can be easily beatable in a few hours time, or faster. (Google Zelda speed runs)
I figured out the speed runs and how to beat it in one try without dying when I was a kid. Way before the internet. Those were really awesome moments for me. Now I have it downloaded on the Wii and I still play it often.

Some others:
In OoT: When you play the song for the Goron King and he dances. I would do that over and over cause it was silly.

In a Link to the Past: Hitting the chickens with your sword until the swarm you.

In Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: The moment you realize who Revan really is.

In F.E.A.R. every freaky dream like scene with Alma. Totally creepy.

In the first Resident Evil: seeing the zombie for the first time and when the dogs burst through the windows in the hallway.

Old December 17th, 2008, 9:26 am
Fourth Year

Metal Gear Solid 4.
The microwave corridor. I think I might even have been crying by the end of it. And I'm a manly man. I never cry.

Also, Metal Gear Solid 3.
The death of The Boss. Wasn't so bad until they paused the cutscene to make you, the player, pull the trigger and end her life. Think I might have cried then, too.

Final Fantasy VII.
Nibelheim. First, when Sephiroth slaughters everyone and burns the town to the ground. That gave me nightmares as a kid. Then, later on, when you go back to that town, and it's rebuilt, and nobody remembers anything wrong. That was REALLY jarring. Especially since the only way to find out about it is to look really closely at the letters in Tifa's house.
And then also the one everyone knows.
The death of Aeris. I think it's safe to say that marked the beginning of a new era.

Basically, the best video game moments are the ones that wouldn't be possible in any other format. Scenes where interaction strengthens the story.

Old December 17th, 2008, 8:00 pm
First Year

every zelda when that music starts its just the best also love the kingdom hearts games

Old December 26th, 2008, 4:31 am
Qvack...

SoulofRebirth pretty much laid mine out! Notably the Metal Gear and Final Fantasy ones. Amazing moments.

However, there are one or two others I adore.

Resident Evil Zero-
when Rebecca grants Billy his freedom, it's always a great moment for me. Bit sentimental, but it showed that the producers didn't have to follow that romantic line in order to make the characters work together.

Metal Gear Solid-
Gray Fox attempting to sacrifice himself for Snake, who despite the gruffness, cannot kill his friend, knowing that in past times, such an action proved too hard to live with.

THE DUCK.

Old January 4th, 2009, 5:46 am
Second Year

What game was it? It was Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

What part of the game made you feel that way and why? Well me and my brother were taking turns trying to beat Ganon. We had been at it for like a week. It was my brother's turn and we were so sick of it, but I wouldnt let him stop. So when he did beat Ganon, we sat there for like 5 minutes staring at the screen. Then of course we flipped out and cheered.

Donít you ask me if its love my dear
Love donít really mean a thing round here
The fake scenes the plastic-made dreams
Say you donít want it, say you donít want it
{One Night Only}

Old April 1st, 2009, 2:12 am
First Year

I can think of a few.

in Portal when you first get the portal gun, I was making one in the ceiling and one in the ground and just having a great time!

in Oblivion: the Shivering isles
when you first get to the city and you meet sheogorath, and the golden saints and all that stuff. I walked around the city happily for a while

in Fallout 3 when you first look at the wastelands......depressing and neat at the same time!

In Half-life 2: Episode 2
(not really a spoiler but can't be too carefull) the end of it. I sort of knew something was going to happen but...wow...what a cliffhanger...

Old April 1st, 2009, 6:08 pm
Suteki da ne

My favourite moment in a game is
Final Fantasy X,

when Yuna and co cast off their beliefs in front of Lady Yunalesca, and she tries to kill them

If you change your mind
Old April 20th, 2009, 2:43 am
Third Year

The Suikoden Series always has very powerful moments for me;

Suikoden
The death of Odessa and then Gremio, man they just smashed me in the face and then when Mathiu got attacked, I didn't even think that guy was a traitor.

Suikoden II
Defeating Luca Blight and then Jowy and Riou facing off in the end with Nanami coming back, pretty powerful stuff there.

Suikoden V
The deaths of Arshtat and Ferid gets me everytime and then Georg's involvement, he's amazing and then Sialeeds, possibly one of the best female gaming characters ever.

Obviously there are others but right now those really stick out for me with their twisting plots and jumps.

Old May 18th, 2009, 7:46 pm
First Year

In Zelda: Twilight Princess:
When Midna returns to the Twilight Realm and breaks The Mirror... oh, will we ever see her again?

Old July 7th, 2009, 6:24 pm
Sixth Year

Mass Effect - The opening is fantastic. Here's a link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1fdV37gCB4). The bit I'm talking about is the first two minutes. The reason I like it is because it sets up Shephard's personality very well, what with that purposeful no-nonsense walk and that intense stare at the end, and introduces you to a character that is, quite simply, mesmerizing. And it does so in a way that is incredibly cinematic. You get the sense that, ok, this character isn't messing around, and this game isn't messing around either. It's private giggle stuff.

Flight Simulator X - This game is tougher than FS2004, and so are the landings. So, for me, any nice, smooth landing is a favorite moment, because you're so focused on doing it right that getting it right is a great achievment, and that sense of satisfaction never gets old. It's when you've touched down softly, slowed it down in time, and the engines fade to a murmur...man, it's just...bingo. Add in some of the tougher approaches, such as Paro, and it just gets better and better.

Old August 25th, 2009, 3:50 am
Second Year

The multiple plot twists in Bioshock, there were a few audible OH MY GOD!'s

"Where Dwell The Brave at Heart"
Old August 25th, 2009, 6:01 am
Fourth Year

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic-
When you realize that you are Darth Revan, captured and reprogrammed by the Jedi with a new identity.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Finally beating the Water Temple. After I made it past that hurdle, the entire rest of the game seemed to just fall in place. Plus, the Fire Arrows were great.

Chrono Trigger: Fighting Lavos the first time and freaking out when it destroys your entire team in a single blow.

Proud Member of Gryffindor
The Marauders: The Beginning of the End
Feedback

"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others."
--Aristotle
Old August 25th, 2009, 6:29 am
Lycanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonZephyr View Post
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic-
When you realize that you are Darth Revan, captured and reprogrammed by the Jedi with a new identity.
That KOTOR moment was definitely one of the most awesome - right up there with playing Metroid for the first time and finding out Sam
was female

I have a lot, but I recall off hand:

-halo, the final run
-eternal darkness, Luther - uggh.
-half-life/2 - gravity gun - sweet
-Rogue Squadron - see walker fall
-Res Evil 4 - first run v. Krauser
-God of War -
Kratos' death

-Battlefront - way too many scenes to call
-Gears of War - Zee Brumaks!
-Zelda games - again tons of things, I love the whacky stuff. Some of the battles are very cool.
-Fallout - too many to call.

Last edited by wickedwickedboy; August 25th, 2009 at 6:33 am.
Old September 8th, 2009, 3:53 am
First Year

Kingdom Hearts
When Sora pierces his chest with the keyblade to free Kairi's heart. <3

Plenty of great scenes in the other KH games but KH1 is the one that holds the dearest memories to me <33

Old September 19th, 2009, 1:36 am
Sixth Year

The beginning songs in both Kingdom Hearts games I love Utada Hikaru's songs in these

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old October 1st, 2009, 7:46 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Any time Ricardo Diaz, OG Loc, and Macca from GTA appear in a cut-scene.

Old October 4th, 2009, 1:07 am
Fourth Year

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - the cutscene after you play the Song of Healing to the guy living in the music box house in Ikana Canyon. The Gibdo mask falls off him and he returns to normal and hugs his daughter.

Proud Member of Gryffindor
The Marauders: The Beginning of the End
Feedback

"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others."
--Aristotle
Old October 4th, 2009, 2:09 am
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonZephyr View Post
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - the cutscene after you play the Song of Healing to the guy living in the music box house in Ikana Canyon. The Gibdo mask falls off him and he returns to normal and hugs his daughter.
I absolutely love that part. It's my favorite Zelda song, as well.

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games