Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

God of War

Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:27 am
Zonko's Employee

God of War

I haven't played too many video games but I can safely say that I've always enjoyed games that has good storylines. Playing and following the story makes the experience not only interesting, but the game itself begins to unfold like a movie. The one game that had really caught my attention was "God of War". This is for anyone who has a certain appeal to Greek mythology and non-stop action and mysteries.

The storyline is one of the best: Kratos, a Spartan warrior, whose thirst for blood through endless battles and wars for the glory of his land, was quenched once he was almost about to be defeated by the Barbarian leader. Kratos then called out to the god of war, Ares, and had submitted himself to the god's mercy if he was allowed to live and defeat the Barbarians. Ares made Kratos his servant and chained his arms with a a pair of blades called the Blades of Chaos. From then on, Kratos not only defeated the massive Barbarian army but also became one of the greatest warriors in all of Greece - almost invincible. But something happened (won't let out any spoilers there ) which made Kratos swear vengeance against the same entity that had saved his life and bound it into servitude - the god of war, Ares.

I'm just skimming through the surface here. There is much much more to it. Plus, the numerous weapons, powers, upgrades and the non-stop action are immensely challenging. The weapons acquired from the Greek gods, the vast variety of enemies - Cerebrus, Medusa, Cyclops to name a few - make it educational and a whole lot of fun!

Oh and it's got one of the highest ratings ever given to a game - 9 or 9 point something by every prominent game reviewer. But the ratings are nothing if you don't play the game and experience it yourself.

God of War 2 came out February 2007 and it's as good as the first one - better IMO. And God of War 3 (which I think will be the last one has an indefinite release date - can't wait for it!). Won't give out any of the plot here because its story is tightly woven with the first one.

But for those of you who've played it, or are playing it and are fans of this amazing game, discuss away and enjoy!

Dance Pretty
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2007, 4:46 pm
Fifth Year

Re: God of War

God of War is great. I like Greek mythology, and this game incorporates a lot of information along with great gameplay. I can't wait for God of War 3 to drop. I'm glad David Jaffe's moving on from the franchise though, so he can work on other things. Calling All Cars was a good idea, but it's only fun if a lot of people are playing.

Old November 4th, 2007, 6:36 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowPoofBall
God of War is great. I like Greek mythology, and this game incorporates a lot of information along with great gameplay. I can't wait for God of War 3 to drop. I'm glad David Jaffe's moving on from the franchise though, so he can work on other things. Calling All Cars was a good idea, but it's only fun if a lot of people are playing.
Definitely. Aside from that, I heard that Jaffe wrote a script for the God of War film, although he hasn't decided on a director.

Dance Pretty
Old November 9th, 2007, 3:45 am
Fourth Year

I played GW I and I just got the GW II (PS2 is something new to me since I was always a Nintendo player, but I got a PS2 this year while I decide which console I will get in the new generation). I can't wait to play it, since the reviews are so great. However I'm a kind of gamer that finish one game before playing a new one, and I'm playing Shadow of Rome now.

Old November 11th, 2007, 6:21 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybobbie
I played GW I and I just got the GW II (PS2 is something new to me since I was always a Nintendo player, but I got a PS2 this year while I decide which console I will get in the new generation). I can't wait to play it, since the reviews are so great. However I'm a kind of gamer that finish one game before playing a new one, and I'm playing Shadow of Rome now.
God of War 2 is as good as the first one The weapons you get are better and the challenges are simply amazing. Let me know how you like it when you start playing it.

Dance Pretty
Old November 11th, 2007, 8:59 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA View Post
God of War 2 is as good as the first one The weapons you get are better and the challenges are simply amazing. Let me know how you like it when you start playing it.
I will PotionA!! I loved the first so I bet that I will love the second. The problem is that I'm working too much latelly so I can;t find enough time to play!! But I'm sure that I will come to the game soon, since I've spent almost all this weekend playing

Old November 28th, 2007, 4:13 pm
Banned

You can't help but think of 300 and Leonidas when you play God Of War, at least I can't. But yeah, these games are so awesome. The mythology of the game draws you in so well. Not to mention, the monsters/challenges are top notch. Thinking of God of War makes me all tingly inside....

Old December 7th, 2007, 12:15 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou
You can't help but think of 300 and Leonidas when you play God Of War, at least I can't. But yeah, these games are so awesome. The mythology of the game draws you in so well. Not to mention, the monsters/challenges are top notch. Thinking of God of War makes me all tingly inside....
It does have that significant factor with Kratos and Leonidas both being Spartans and all, and fighting for the glory of their land. But Kratos, unlike Leonidas, is a one-man army, and he is capable of kicking some colossal backsides single-handedly And the monsters are absolutely incredible - Euryale is the most repulsive creature I've seen so far in video games and the makers did a marvelous job at making the mythical villains and demons as horrifying as possible.

Dance Pretty
Old July 31st, 2008, 4:53 pm
First Year

I've never played God of War, but it sounds sweet . Plus, I'm a total Greek mythology geek.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games