Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Grand Theft Auto

Old November 13th, 2007, 10:17 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Grand Theft Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEWEASLEYS04 View Post
That would be cool! It seems like it has been awhile since they came out with a new game.
There is a new one coming out in April (when it's supposed to come out in October... ) called Grand Theft Auto IV. By the looks of the trailers, it's set in Liberty City (or certainly somewhere in the state where the city is based). It's coming out on the Xbox and PS3.

And while we're talking about help on missions, i need help with one. It's the mission "Farewell, My Love..." in the Badlands. I just keep being left in the dust. Any tips?

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...
Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2007, 6:27 pm
Fourth Year

I have a question. I'm playing GTA San Andreas and as I posted before I'm at the begining, finished Sweet missions and I'm starting Ryder and ** missions (one of each). My question is, how can I improove my driving and motorcycle skills? I'm driving around a lot (yesterday I spent almost one hour driving around just to get to know the place well) in both transports to see if I can make the bar go up a bit, but nothing till now. Do I have to finish some mission before the skill start to rise?

Old November 14th, 2007, 7:18 pm
Seventh Year

Nope, you definatly just have to just drive around to make it rise. However, once you get to San Fierro, the driving school opens up, and that can give you a large boost to the skill.

However, if you have the PC version of the game, you can mod it so that, for example, driving skill goes up 200 points per 10 seconds, say. Points aren't shown in the game, but i think it takes around a 1000 to fill up the bar totally.

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Old November 14th, 2007, 7:28 pm
Fourth Year

Thank you jammi567!! I'm playing the PS2 version of the game! I'll keep driving to see if I improove it a bit. I think I still have a lot of missions before I can go to San Fierro!

Old November 14th, 2007, 7:49 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
And while we're talking about help on missions, i need help with one. It's the mission "Farewell, My Love..." in the Badlands. I just keep being left in the dust. Any tips?
Ooo I just passed this one it is the race right? What I did first was take my time just to get to know the coarse because it is a really windey course and when you go through the farm there are a series of jumps and traps, I just veer off to the left and go around the barns...anyways, I would just going slow down and get to know the course first. When I did this I ended up winning. I think it is more about control than speed, if you slow down a bit and make the turns you will be fine. It is tempting to go fast because it is a race, but really I didn't go that fast at all and just made each turn and kept control and I was fine.

It seemed like a long race though I think my time was over 3 minutes. I hope that helps .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybobbie View Post
I think I still have a lot of missions before I can go to San Fierro!
Thats where I am now and I am still stuck . I got better control of the model plane in the mission for Zero, but it still seems hard to take out all the delivery trucks

And I can't take out the preacher in the limo I got the jeep, but the limo is almost impossible to take out. Ahhh, I took a break because I got frustrated .

Last edited by LoveWeasleys; November 14th, 2007 at 7:51 pm.
Old November 18th, 2007, 3:18 am
First Year

the only thing that made me feel sorry is the 'hot coffee'mod.which is sick.....

Old November 18th, 2007, 10:13 am
Seventh Year

Why do you think Rockstar tried (unsucessfully) to block it? I have to admit, we don't really needto be shown what actually goes on the bedroom, the noices conferm that!

Old November 18th, 2007, 7:55 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
And I can't take out the preacher in the limo I got the jeep, but the limo is almost impossible to take out. Ahhh, I took a break because I got frustrated .
Sometimes it's good to take a break from a mission and try later. I did that with that one with the motorcycle that I had to kill Freddy. I finally got him this weekend!! Hope that by now you manage to take care of the limo!
Now I'm stuck in another mission Again is one mission for ** that I have to kill some guys in a moving train while chasing it with a motorcicle !! The good thing is that I managed to finish all Ryder missions and I'm also making some good cash with cab driving and as an intermediary, taking the girls to work (I hope that this is family friendly enough)! I'm saving to buy a new house!!

Old November 26th, 2007, 5:28 am
First Year

use money cheat to solve the problems!!!!!!

Old November 26th, 2007, 12:42 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray243 View Post
I don;t know how to use cheats. I never used them before. I also need to know if any of you has some hint for me because I'm for ages now in the Big Smokey mission "Wrong side of the Tracks" where you have to chase a train with a motorbike. The problem is that ** is terrible with his machine gun, I can't use mine, since it fires only strait so I guess I can only drive. I do it ok but aproaching the end there's still one guy left and I always fail the mission!! If you have some estrategy that I can use at this part, I will be so happy!!

Old November 26th, 2007, 1:29 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
I did that with that one with the motorcycle that I had to kill Freddy. I finally got him this weekend!!
Yay! Congrats! That was a hard mission for me too.

Quote:
Hope that by now you manage to take care of the limo!
I still haven't picked the game up yet. I might try later today though.

Quote:
Now I'm stuck in another mission Again is one mission for ** that I have to kill some guys in a moving train while chasing it with a motorcicle !!
Oooo I love this mission!!! I would come play it for you if I could

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray243 View Post
Thats what I used to buy all my property.

Quote:
I don;t know how to use cheats. I never used them before. I also need to know if any of you has some hint for me because I'm for ages now in the Big Smokey mission "Wrong side of the Tracks" where you have to chase a train with a motorbike. The problem is that ** is terrible with his machine gun, I can't use mine, since it fires only strait so I guess I can only drive. I do it ok but aproaching the end there's still one guy left and I always fail the mission!! If you have some estrategy that I can use at this part, I will be so happy!!
I can't remember any exact strategy that I used. In fact, there is another mission some time after this one that is almost exactly the same, but you are the one shooting and it was pretty hard. Maybe I will start over on another game and try to get to this mission so I can help you, because I am still frusterated with my limo mission

Old November 26th, 2007, 2:44 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Yay! Congrats! That was a hard mission for me too.
Thank you Bethany, I was so happy when I got this one and the car race, that also took me a while!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEWEASLEYS04
I still haven't picked the game up yet. I might try later today though.
Quote:
Oooo I love this mission!!! I would come play it for you if I could
I'm playing it only on weekends, but not that much. I always start trying this mission, but after a while I go doing something else on the game or I just change to a different one. This weekend was a bit complicated with some family problems and I didn't have the chance to play even my Wii that just arrived from US!!

Quote:
Thats what I used to buy all my property.
I always try to do things without using cheating codes at first, but sometimes it's just stupid to not do it. I will try to find out in that Gamefaqs site that I mentioned to you.

Quote:
I can't remember any exact strategy that I used. In fact, there is another mission some time after this one that is almost exactly the same, but you are the one shooting and it was pretty hard. Maybe I will start over on another game and try to get to this mission so I can help you, because I am still frusterated with my limo mission
I would love some help but at the same time just don't want you to go all over the game again!!
I looked for some info in that site for you mission - It's the Jizzy one, right?

This is what I got from the site:
Strategy 1: (by Robert CarrGrand)
You need to take them both out and get the girl back to Jizzy. Follow the two cars and use your Tec-9 you got earlier to perform drive-bys on the two cars. Take the protection out first to make it easier to get to the limo. When the protection car catches fire, move out of the way and let it explode, and then start shooting at the limo. You'll get two stars after you shoot the protection so take out the limo quickly and when it explodes CJ will call Jizzy. Jizzy tells you to either keep the car or dump it.

Strategy 2: (by glenster)
Finally, Jizzy calls to have C.J. kill a whore's sugar daddy who wants to take
her off the street. He's a horny preacher who gets into a Stretch with her and drives off with an armed guard nearby in an SUV. You can either use drive-bies or get ahead of them and fire a Rocket Launcher back at them. If you use rock- ets, don't disturb them as you pass or they drive off fast; Rusk likes to shoot S from the SE corner of the Big Pointy building--on the block E of the block with "AL" of "FINANCIAL."

Strategy 3: (by by RARusk) / (looks like it's the best one)
Now you need to take out the limo and his protection. You can chase and drive-by them but the Broadway is not a good vehicle to do this. You can do it but there are better ways to handle this.

If you approached the blip from the west, turn left at the next intersection. Then turn right and stop at the southeast corner of the Big Pointy Building. Get out and look south. The limo should be turning your way. Arm the Heat-Seeking Rocket Launcher and lock in on the limo. When locked in, launch a couple of rockets to take out the limo. After that, the other vehicle stops and the occupants come out to confront you. Kill them to complete the task.

Hope it helps!!

Old November 26th, 2007, 3:09 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Thanks that does help a ton! I tried to rocket them, but didn't get them so now that I know that can be done, I will try again I hope I get it!

Also, I never thought of shooting the cars ( ) I was just trying to run them off the road which wasn't working very well. Thanks so much!

Old November 26th, 2007, 3:54 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Thanks that does help a ton! I tried to rocket them, but didn't get them so now that I know that can be done, I will try again I hope I get it!

Also, I never thought of shooting the cars ( ) I was just trying to run them off the road which wasn't working very well. Thanks so much!
Great that it helps! I thought while reading the 3rd one, that going to a place ahead of them and them shooting the limo with the rocket launcher as it aproaches is a good strategy. Also, looks easier when you are hand to hand shooting the guys of the other car. Just a reminder though, I think it's good if you get a protection vest first, just to give you extra protection.

Old November 26th, 2007, 4:25 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Great that it helps! I thought while reading the 3rd one, that going to a place ahead of them and them shooting the limo with the rocket launcher as it aproaches is a good strategy. Also, looks easier when you are hand to hand shooting the guys of the other car. Just a reminder though, I think it's good if you get a protection vest first, just to give you extra protection.
I passed it!!! The bullet proof vest was a must and I had two stars at the time too, so I had cops and the two guys shooting at me at the same time . YAY!

Also, passing it opened two new missions which is exciting because I still can't pass the remote control airplane mission for Zero.

Old November 26th, 2007, 5:26 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
I passed it!!! The bullet proof vest was a must and I had two stars at the time too, so I had cops and the two guys shooting at me at the same time . YAY!

Also, passing it opened two new missions which is exciting because I still can't pass the remote control airplane mission for Zero.
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!! Congratulations!!! I so happy for you!!! I will try to find some help for the plane one later - today I'm a bit late on my work, but as soon as I have time I'll do it.

Old November 27th, 2007, 12:40 am
First Year

Grand Theft Auto III is the best console game ever made.
(Starcraft is the best PC game)

Old November 27th, 2007, 12:56 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Now I am stuck at the mission where you have to kill Ryder in the boat . You are supposed to be able to do a drive by in the boat but mine won't work. I tried every button while I was steering the boat and nothing worked...

Old November 27th, 2007, 1:59 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Now I am stuck at the mission where you have to kill Ryder in the boat . You are supposed to be able to do a drive by in the boat but mine won't work. I tried every button while I was steering the boat and nothing worked...
As you well know I'm not there yet (prety far from it actually ) but as I said, the help that I find in Gamefaqs can be useful, so I looked for the mission that you're on and got some help. Since I don't know if you want to keep trying first, I will post it as a spoiler:

Spoiler: show
After killing T-Bone, Ryder will jump off the pier and try to swim away. The game prompts you to jump in after him. But all you need to do is go up to the railing, switch to your Sniper Rifle, and kill Ryder long before he can get to the nearby boats to successfully end the mission.
Note: If you have any Rocket Launcher ammo left over from "Outrider" (Loco Syndicate) you can also blow up the boats and Ryder.

Good luck!! I'll try my carma mission again!!

Old November 27th, 2007, 3:14 am
Hogwarts Graduate

OOo that is a great idea!!! I would love to try and finish it the way by doing a boat drive by thing, but my gun won't work, so I am happy to see that it can be done another way!

I tried going to that gamfacts site and got horribly lost . But I will try again to navigate, that I way I won't spoil the missions for you because you aren't there yet, but thanks again for the tips

*goes to try now*

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games