Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Pokemon Red - Diamond

Old November 2nd, 2007, 2:06 am
First Year

Re: Pokemon Red - Diamond

I played these avidly a while ago. My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Silver. That was when I took tennis lessons, my tennis teacher said he'd by me a video game if I could manage to return twn balls in a row with a backhand (god I suck at backhands). I did it, and he got me Silver . I got stuck on Pearl though, I can't get past that stupid ghost gym, cos I got a Torterra and that stupid first pokemon that the leader has is fire and ghost...

Old November 4th, 2007, 1:27 am
Fourth Year

So, those of you frequenting this thread that has played the earlier Pokemon games AND Diamond or Pearl, what is there in the new Pokemon games that made you go "AWESOME!"? What is there for me to look foward to when I finally get the game? I'd like to know personal opinions rather than official reviews. What is back in Pearl and Diamond from the previous games?

<3

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old November 4th, 2007, 2:29 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffiegrrl View Post
So, those of you frequenting this thread that has played the earlier Pokemon games AND Diamond or Pearl, what is there in the new Pokemon games that made you go "AWESOME!"? What is there for me to look foward to when I finally get the game? I'd like to know personal opinions rather than official reviews. What is back in Pearl and Diamond from the previous games?

<3
The Underground -- for one thing -- I have a blast digging up hidden treasure and jewels down there!! Also, seeing the new Pokémon, the graphics (although, they could have been better, but meh -- they're better than nothing ), the improved battling system, facing off against new gym trainers, exploring a new land. Getting to face off against a new Elite 4, going onto Wi-fi to trade with other trainers around the globe, and much, much more .

You still get to battle in Battle Tower, the HM's are pretty much the same, only Dive isn't in this game, sadly . Also, after beating the game -- you can unlock Pal Park, which lets you trade up to 6 Pokémon a day from any of your GBA Pokémon games (I wish that they would let me trade more though -- since I have a ball recatching my Pokémon in Pal Park ).

I like the new control setup in D/P -- using the stylus for battles and that kind of thing gets to be rather fluid and natural after a little while. It only took me some time to get used to the new control set up.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old November 4th, 2007, 2:24 pm
Seventh Year

Actually, that's reminded of something: How do you actually get to the Underround?

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...
Old November 4th, 2007, 2:49 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
The Underground -- for one thing -- I have a blast digging up hidden treasure and jewels down there!! Also, seeing the new Pokémon, the graphics (although, they could have been better, but meh -- they're better than nothing ), the improved battling system, facing off against new gym trainers, exploring a new land. Getting to face off against a new Elite 4, going onto Wi-fi to trade with other trainers around the globe, and much, much more .

You still get to battle in Battle Tower, the HM's are pretty much the same, only Dive isn't in this game, sadly . Also, after beating the game -- you can unlock Pal Park, which lets you trade up to 6 Pokémon a day from any of your GBA Pokémon games (I wish that they would let me trade more though -- since I have a ball recatching my Pokémon in Pal Park ).

I like the new control setup in D/P -- using the stylus for battles and that kind of thing gets to be rather fluid and natural after a little while. It only took me some time to get used to the new control set up.
I've heard the Underground is a blast. I'm glad to hear that the change of controls is easy to get used to; when I saw Nintendo DS's set up, I was like -- Woah, where did those extra buttons come from? .

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old November 4th, 2007, 5:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
Actually, that's reminded of something: How do you actually get to the Underround?
Here's a link with some information on how to get the Explore kit and use it to go to the Underground: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/underground.shtml

Basically you can dig almost anywhere in D/P, with the exceptions of inside of buildings and on hard pieces of earth.

Hope that this helps you out .

Quote:
I've heard the Underground is a blast. I'm glad to hear that the change of controls is easy to get used to; when I saw Nintendo DS's set up, I was like -- Woah, where did those extra buttons come from? .
I felt the same way at first too , it just takes a little time to get used to the new setup.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old November 6th, 2007, 11:03 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
I love using the stylus too. It was weird at first but now I can't go on my DS without it. Whenever I try and play Red or Silver on the Game Boy Color, I just want to get out the stylus and start jabbing the screen

I don't like the Battle Tower much though. It seems rather dull compared to the Battle Frontier in Emerald (I still haven't got any of the gold symbols in that yet...I've got all the silver one's though)

70% obsessed with HP How obsessed are you?
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley View Post
I love using the stylus too. It was weird at first but now I can't go on my DS without it. Whenever I try and play Red or Silver on the Game Boy Color, I just want to get out the stylus and start jabbing the screen

I don't like the Battle Tower much though. It seems rather dull compared to the Battle Frontier in Emerald (I still haven't got any of the gold symbols in that yet...I've got all the silver one's though)
Nice . I don't like it as well either, Emerald's battle frontier was refreshing. I still haven't beaten Pike Queen Lucy yet -- her Milotic is a pain to get past.

Old November 7th, 2007, 12:34 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Nice . I don't like it as well either, Emerald's battle frontier was refreshing. I still haven't beaten Pike Queen Lucy yet -- her Milotic is a pain to get past.
Well fortunately I don't have Emerald so I haven't been spoiled by the battle frontier.

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old November 7th, 2007, 9:59 pm
Seventh Year

Let's just say that you're missing out on a bit then!

I haven't beaten the E4 yet, so i haven't had a chnce to try out the battle tower yet.

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...
Old November 7th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
Let's just say that you're missing out on a bit then!

I haven't beaten the E4 yet, so i haven't had a chnce to try out the battle tower yet.
Good luck with that -- it took me sometime to beat them. But once you finally do, it's worth it. Being able to go Battle Frontier is fun in itself .

Old November 7th, 2007, 10:03 pm
Fourth Year

... I've played, and beat every single pokemon game there is ^^;;
I've been playing Diamond obsessively for the past little while.. I'm trying to train up a super eevee team from level 1.. =D

When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:04 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
She was the first one I beaten actually haha. I can't remember what I used because it was such a long time ago. I think I beaten Milotic with Gardevior. I Calm Minded up a bit while she kept using Mirror Coat and then I used Thunderbolt...I think it was a 2HKO I can't really remember...

Quote:
Well fortunately I don't have Emerald so I haven't been spoiled by the battle frontier.
Emerald's good just for the cloning glitch hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroi_shi View Post
I've been playing Diamond obsessively for the past little while..
I have been too. I have about 190 hours on Diamond I honestly don't know what I do on there.

70% obsessed with HP How obsessed are you?
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley View Post
She was the first one I beaten actually haha. I can't remember what I used because it was such a long time ago. I think I beaten Milotic with Gardevior. I Calm Minded up a bit while she kept using Mirror Coat and then I used Thunderbolt...I think it was a 2HKO I can't really remember...

Emerald's good just for the cloning glitch hehe

I have been too. I have about 190 hours on Diamond I honestly don't know what I do on there.

Wow, thanks -- I'll have to do that next time I come up against her .

Yea it is, I used that glitch quite a few times. It comes in handy when it's done right.

Old November 9th, 2007, 12:17 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Wow, thanks -- I'll have to do that next time I come up against her .

Yea it is, I used that glitch quite a few times. It comes in handy when it's done right.
Oh there is a cloning glitch in Emerald? Awesome. I love pokemon game glitches. I would every once in a while have a 100% legitimate RED game, but then would go right back to Missingno. and Item duplication.

I wasn't really bent on getting Emerald because I had just gotten Sapphire; and I usually don't buy the "special edition" of each series (Yellow being the only exception). Also I wasn't too impressed with the Pokemon animations in Emerald, they looked a bit shotty.

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old November 9th, 2007, 2:53 am

Quote:
Oh there is a cloning glitch in Emerald? Awesome. I love pokemon game glitches. I would every once in a while have a 100% legitimate RED game, but then would go right back to Missingno. and Item duplication.

I wasn't really bent on getting Emerald because I had just gotten Sapphire; and I usually don't buy the "special edition" of each series (Yellow being the only exception). Also I wasn't too impressed with the Pokemon animations in Emerald, they looked a bit shotty.
Yep, kind of risky but it's worth it, since in Diamond and Pearl you can't trade back Pokémon that you trade to those games .

Information on how to clone in Emerald

Be careful though, if you don't do it right, you can lose the Pokémon that your trying to clone. I had it happen to me once -- lost a shiny Hypno -- thank god I had a duplicate of it when it was a Drowzee.

I know, they could have done a better job on animating them... but the Battle Frontier kind of makes up for that weak spot - it's one the best parts of the game and a challenge to boot.

Old November 9th, 2007, 12:28 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Yep, kind of risky but it's worth it, since in Diamond and Pearl you can't trade back Pokémon that you trade to those games .

Information on how to clone in Emerald

Be careful though, if you don't do it right, you can lose the Pokémon that your trying to clone. I had it happen to me once -- lost a shiny Hypno -- thank god I had a duplicate of it when it was a Drowzee.

I know, they could have done a better job on animating them... but the Battle Frontier kind of makes up for that weak spot - it's one the best parts of the game and a challenge to boot.
Ooh -- shiny Hypno. ;_;.

The only shiny I own (besides Gyrados that anyone can get in Gold&Silver) is a Shiny Butterfree in Gold, and I managed to get it in the bug catching contest! Woo, I was on my last ball too...

In my Sapphire game, I have NEVER gotten a shiny yet...The only time I saw one was when I restarted the game and was chasing the Poochyena off of Prof. Birch, and would you know that one pokemon you can't catch, that Poochyena was a shiny. ;o;

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old November 9th, 2007, 5:26 pm

Quote:
Ooh -- shiny Hypno. ;_;.

The only shiny I own (besides Gyrados that anyone can get in Gold&Silver) is a Shiny Butterfree in Gold, and I managed to get it in the bug catching contest! Woo, I was on my last ball too...

In my Sapphire game, I have NEVER gotten a shiny yet...The only time I saw one was when I restarted the game and was chasing the Poochyena off of Prof. Birch, and would you know that one pokemon you can't catch, that Poochyena was a shiny. ;o;
Nice -- lucky catch, I had a similar catch on my Silver version, caught a Entei in a Pokéball without weakening it, or using any status type move on it .

Oh, that had to stink -- since it seems to be harder to get shinies in the newer games.

Old November 9th, 2007, 7:01 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Nice -- lucky catch, I had a similar catch on my Silver version, caught a Entei in a Pokéball without weakening it, or using any status type move on it .

Oh, that had to stink -- since it seems to be harder to get shinies in the newer games.
Exactly -- Although I think the shiny ratio is the same (1 out of every 8192 wild pokemon encountered... ;_; ), It still has been forever since that Poochyena incident and no shiny's yet. I haven't even contracted Pokerus in my Sapphire yet.

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old November 9th, 2007, 8:08 pm

Quote:
Exactly -- Although I think the shiny ratio is the same (1 out of every 8192 wild pokemon encountered... ;_; ), It still has been forever since that Poochyena incident and no shiny's yet. I haven't even contracted Pokerus in my Sapphire yet.
Same here, been trying to get a shiny Vulpix on my Emerald version and I'm having no luck whatsoever either . The only shiny that I got on that version was a Shiny Rayquaza, via soft-reset. It took me around 70 soft-resets or so just to run into him . But it was worth the wait.

Hmm -- I never got it in that game myself, but I did get it from a Pokémon via wi-fi on Diamond version.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games