Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Diner Dash

Old February 10th, 2008, 4:02 pm
First Year

Diner Dash

I downloaded it recently, and I can't get past the second restaurant. I think it's rather impossible to be that fast. So how far did you all go? Anyone finished it?

STUDY (1+NO) = FAIL (1+NO) and dividing by (1+no):
STUDY=FAIL
thank you very much!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2008, 1:01 am
Fifth Year

Re: Diner Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_mind View Post
I downloaded it recently, and I can't get past the second restaurant. I think it's rather impossible to be that fast. So how far did you all go? Anyone finished it?
I finished the whole thing. Diner Dash 2 as well. I really like this game.

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Old February 11th, 2008, 1:49 pm
First Year

I played DD on both my own computer and on my mother's computer, and I figured something out. Your success greatly depends on your mouse. On my computer I finished nearly all restaurants.
Now my mother's mouse was much slower, and less glid-y on her mousepad, and I ended up doing horribly on her PC.
So maybe it's that.

Johnny Depp
is...

Harry Potter

Old February 13th, 2008, 1:21 am
Third Year

I've beat 1,2 and 4 all the way through, I'm proud and ashamed to say ^__^;;

My mum, sister, aunts, and family friends have all taken a liking to the series so that's pretty much why we have all the DD's except 3 -- we can't find that one anywhere (might have to buy it online)! As I had the first one on my phone a year before everyone else started playing I had a bit of a headstart in figuring the strategies out (and more time cursing the terribly slow old men and the annoying business women ) We'll probably have to buy another '4' though, because playfirst is so greedy and only allows you to install it to 3-5 computers >_<

I love the customer-types in 4 though. Not only do you see the occasional mixed family (old people with young ladies, just a dad and a child, or two mums with babies), I love the annoying cellphone-addict teens and the hungrymen. The animation and sounds they make are hilarious xD ("MMMM...")

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_mind
What level are you on? It gets alot easier when you have the podium, but until then its more of finding a balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbylikesme
I played DD on both my own computer and on my mother's computer, and I figured something out. Your success greatly depends on your mouse. On my computer I finished nearly all restaurants.
Now my mother's mouse was much slower, and less glid-y on her mousepad, and I ended up doing horribly on her PC.
So maybe it's that.
Yeah, having a mouse helps tremendously -- but I'm fairly good with a touchpad (had to give up my wireless mouse twice to my mum and the second time I just let her keep it).

After awhile I suggest stopping and trying some other games to get a perspective. Diner Dash seemed a whole lot easier after I tried playing 'Fashion Fits' for example (at least the customers in DD are semi-patient, and can be bribed with drinks and bread!)

You've got to make the effort, and love every moment of it
Old February 13th, 2008, 3:53 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sllagnire View Post
I finished the whole thing. Diner Dash 2 as well. I really like this game.
That's so cool. I like it too. It just sometimes makes me so nervous when I get stuck in a difficult level!

Quote:
So maybe it's that
Oh yeah, that's an important point. I was haorrible with the touch-pad. So I tried the mouse, and that's what got me to the second restaurant. Maybe if I change the mousepad, I could get better...

Quote:
What level are you on? It gets alot easier when you have the podium, but until then its more of finding a balance.
I don't clearly remember which level.. The one with the $10,000 goal. I got the podium yeah, but I don't have time to stay at the podium. These businesswomen are so nervous, and if they don't get their food, they leave and I lose

Quote:
After awhile I suggest stopping and trying some other games to get a perspective. Diner Dash seemed a whole lot easier after I tried playing 'Fashion Fits' for example (at least the customers in DD are semi-patient, and can be bribed with drinks and bread!)
I finished the trial version of cake mania... It was a LOT easier than diner dash. what do you recommend other than fashion fits?

STUDY=FAIL
thank you very much!!!!!
Old February 14th, 2008, 5:19 am
Third Year

Quote:
I don't clearly remember which level.. The one with the $10,000 goal. I got the podium yeah, but I don't have time to stay at the podium. These businesswomen are so nervous, and if they don't get their food, they leave and I lose
Okie, I just replayed that level and I believe it's the last one before moving to restaurant 3. There are a lot of customers, so your first impulse is to fill up all the seats and get them in and out and try to make chains in between all that. But because there are so many customers it's important to slow it down.

Someone complained on another forum that this strategy 'spoils the game' so I'm gonna stick spoilers around it, just in case you or anyone else wants to figure a way yourselves :3

Spoiler: show
When I first started playing I thought the podium was useless cause it took so much time to stand there but that's the key to passing this and future hard levels. SO that being said, this is how I would go to beat it:

-At the beginning of the level, go to the podium and stand there. Don't move at all, even when it fills up - it will start again without you moving.

-Wait til the line fills up to the door. People will still be coming in, you just can't see them. When the line has a full set or a decent amount of hearts, pick about 3-4 sets of people alike in speed - like all business women or all old people, or 2 girl groups first and after a short delay 2 sets of business women, so they'll all be done with their menus at the same time (I try to save the old people for last because their so slow). Try to match colors as best as you can.

-After that, just pick up the menus, pick up the food, pick up the checks, and pick up the dishes at the same time. When you're not doing that, stand at the podium - I can't stress that enough, because your first sets' hearts will be at a good level - new customers however didn't get that build up at the beginning of the level so this is your time to fill up theirs.

-Unless they are about to leave, if the food arrives or everyone's done with their meals at the tables and your in the middle of building up the heart at the podium, stay there 'til it's filled - the people at the tablse can wait :3

This method has gotten me through all 3 games quite well (we-ell.. with 4 you've gotta be a bit more strategic because of the customer types and occasional restrictions, but it still helped!) so I totally recommend it.

Quote:
I finished the trial version of cake mania... It was a LOT easier than diner dash. what do you recommend other than fashion fits?
Oh yeah, cake mania is a classic. I can't really remember the names, but at playfirst.com there's a good hotel game and sub-shop game that are fun. And while these next 2 don't involve serving customers, there's plenty of dashing in Nanny Mania and Babysitting Mania - trying to pick up the messes, wash clothes, check emails, and cook meals before the time limit. Those do get repetitive fairly quickly though ^^; (and made me mad at how LAZY those families are. Even the parents, who do nothing but watch tv, take baths, tread mud on the floors and eat >_<)

You've got to make the effort, and love every moment of it
Old February 29th, 2008, 6:20 pm
First Year

Brilliant strategy, Lil_G135! Thank you so much for helping, it worked! Now I'm working on another msn game called Insaniquarium.. It's quite easy but it got really boring after a while..
So what games are you playing these days?

STUDY=FAIL
thank you very much!!!!!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games