Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Bleach: The Manga and Anime

Old March 5th, 2007, 4:35 am
Second Year

Re: Bleach: The Manga and Anime

It was Kare Kano (the popsicle stick reference)...that was the worst episode ever. I don't know how they got away with it...good series though.

But back to Bleach...

I've haven't been able to see past. Ep. 95 for a while - should be able to soon (I know the Bounto filler arc ends soon). Do we ever get to see either Rukia's bankai...?

Last edited by GredandFeorge; March 5th, 2007 at 4:40 am. Reason: I'm a baka...
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2007, 5:31 am
Second Year

(They can get away with it because they're Studio Gainax )

We haven't seen Rukia's bankai yet. (At least, not to my knowledge...)

the icons above were made by graphicalrum
Old March 5th, 2007, 5:33 am
Seventh Year

Thanks Gred

The filler is over. there's been about 6 episodes of main plotline. The nice thing about the filler is that they pretty seamlessly integrate the filler stuff into the main plot line.

Old March 5th, 2007, 12:02 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDJ View Post
Thanks Gred

The filler is over. there's been about 6 episodes of main plotline. The nice thing about the filler is that they pretty seamlessly integrate the filler stuff into the main plot line.
The bad thing was that it lasted so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneha
We haven't seen Rukia's bankai yet. (At least, not to my knowledge...)
You're right. We haven't...yet.

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:26 pm
Fifth Year

I love Bleach manga and anime (although not as much). The fillers really dragged the series down but now it's back on track especially when they showed the Vaizards. Ulquiorra is awesome.

As for the manga., Kubo has a penchant of surprising his readers and I might say that the last 2 current chapters were really good.

Old March 6th, 2007, 1:31 am
Fourth Year

we've seen her shikai for sure, which btw is damn sexy... but she obviously has to have a bankai, cause she could've been a taichou but byakuya prevented her from it to protect her

Old March 6th, 2007, 7:08 am
Seventh Year

Well its just strange since some people have really powerful shikais and others have really lame ones. Like having your sword turn into a spear? Bah... Lame. Even Renji's isn't that powerful compared to alot of other people's. And he's near captain level.

Old March 6th, 2007, 2:14 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Well its just strange since some people have really powerful shikais and others have really lame ones. Like having your sword turn into a spear? Bah... Lame. Even Renji's isn't that powerful compared to alot of other people's. And he's near captain level.
Well, it just corresponds to their power level. I think Renji has great potential, but he needs to hone his skill, and master his Bankai too.
Spoiler: show
Don't forget about the limit release though...

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old March 6th, 2007, 2:42 pm
She Who Walks Behind

Quote:
Like Isshin said. The size and form of a zanpakutou doesn't reflect the power of a shinigami, otherwise some would have to run around with one big as a house.

Some have man high swords and some one a few inch big one and are equally strong.

The End of the Dream.
Old March 6th, 2007, 2:49 pm
Fourth Year

stop putting spoiler tags its tempting me!!!! renji is technically at taichou level seeing as he's got his bankai... but all the current taichous pwn him so he doesnt have much of a chance

Old March 6th, 2007, 8:23 pm
Seventh Year

Yeah but still, when whats his name used his shikai to turn into spear...it was just a small difference than again say Rukia's or even with Renji's Swords. I do think that yes someone can be far more powerful a mere sword would show, but that power extends to all forms of sword. So Spearguy's spear really didn't increase in power.

Old March 6th, 2007, 11:04 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Yeah but still, when whats his name used his shikai to turn into spear...it was just a small difference than again say Rukia's or even with Renji's Swords. I do think that yes someone can be far more powerful a mere sword would show, but that power extends to all forms of sword. So Spearguy's spear really didn't increase in power.
Shikai does correspond to the power level of the user. So yeah, up until now Ikkaku isn't that powerful, but we have to remember that he's had time to train since Ichigo last beat him. That goes for all of Ichigo's defeated opponents, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrics hollow
stop putting spoiler tags its tempting me!!!! renji is technically at taichou level seeing as he's got his bankai... but all the current taichous pwn him so he doesnt have much of a chance
Hah. Well you know what'll solve the problem? Read the manga!

In some ways I think Renji is at Captain level but also in some ways I don't. He's too hot-headed for one thing, and he still needs to master his Bankai properly.

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old March 7th, 2007, 12:15 am
Seventh Year

Bah its a powerlevel no jutsu problem in bleach. At any other point in the history of the bleach universe, shinigami increase in power slowly over hundreds of years. But only now are people able to become captain level in less than a month...

Old March 7th, 2007, 9:42 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Bah its a powerlevel no jutsu problem in bleach. At any other point in the history of the bleach universe, shinigami increase in power slowly over hundreds of years. But only now are people able to become captain level in less than a month...
exactly... it happens all the time...

also we cannot judge ikakkus strength against ichigo, cause well we ALL know that ichigo is over powered beyond anyones dreams... i also think that ikakku just doesnt know the full potential of his shikai, all he sees is a spear and thats all he uses it as (a basic spear that is) there has to be some other bonus in it that he just hasnt uncovered

Old March 7th, 2007, 10:37 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrics hollow View Post
we've seen her shikai for sure, which btw is damn sexy... but she obviously has to have a bankai, cause she could've been a taichou but byakuya prevented her from it to protect her
Most likely the reason we haven't seen Rukia's bankai yet is because she still doesn't have all of her shinigami powers back. She's recovered most of them though, so hopefully we'll get to see them soon

the icons above were made by graphicalrum
Old March 8th, 2007, 11:01 am
Seventh Year

So watching Ikkaku's fight against the arrancar...I have to call it Bull Poop. There's no way he's that powerful in such a short amount of time, or worse that he's always had that power. It goes completely against the fight he had with Ichigo. Its obviously another power level no jutsu problem.

Yeah I just rewatched the fight between Ichigo and Ikkaku and they're completely different. Ikkaku got owned without Ichigo really being at all powerful.

And another issue I have: Why are shinigami suddenly able to walk in mid air? I thought that wasn't possible which is why the flying device was so valuable. But now magically shinigami are able to walkin midair like it was nothing.

Last edited by TheRealDJ; March 8th, 2007 at 12:18 pm.
Old March 8th, 2007, 11:42 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
So watching Ikkaku's fight against the arrancar...I have to call it Bull Poop. There's no way he's that powerful in such a short amount of time, or worse that he's always had that power. It goes completely against the fight he had with Ichigo. Its obviously another power level no jutsu problem.

Yeah I just rewatched the fight between Ichigo and Ikkaku and they're completely different. Ikkaku got owned without Ichigo really being at all powerful.

And another issue I have: Why are shinigami suddenly able to walk in mid air? I thought that wasn't possible which is why the flying device was so valuable. But not magically shinigami are able to walkin midair like it was nothing.
For your first point, think how much Ichigo has changed since his fight with Ikkaku... He gained Bankai, and (in the anime) had that huge Bounto saga - ample time to gain power and skill. He did get stronger, way stronger. By that same logic it would be wrong to say that Ikkaku hadn't had ample time to improve himself; remember, he has Zaraki as his captain - not exactly a weakling trainer...

Dunno about your second point, that's a discrepancy that I've been wondering about myself.

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old March 8th, 2007, 12:19 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonzo View Post
For your first point, think how much Ichigo has changed since his fight with Ikkaku... He gained Bankai, and (in the anime) had that huge Bounto saga - ample time to gain power and skill. He did get stronger, way stronger. By that same logic it would be wrong to say that Ikkaku hadn't had ample time to improve himself; remember, he has Zaraki as his captain - not exactly a weakling trainer...

Dunno about your second point, that's a discrepancy that I've been wondering about myself.
Well except that Ichigo is supposed to be a vaizard(or the equivalent of a vaizard) so he's naturally supposed to be far more powerful or be able to grow far more quickly in power.

Old March 8th, 2007, 12:25 pm
She Who Walks Behind

Ikkaku also had Ken-chan's disturbing love for fighting. I'm really not fond of his Bankai, from the way it works.

And I got the release of Rukia's. It's not the strongest, but the most beautiful ice-type one.

About the flying. That's like in Dragonball someone started and a few episodes later all were able to fly for unknown reasons.

The End of the Dream.
Old March 8th, 2007, 12:40 pm
Seventh Year

Well with dragonball, I sort of just figured it was being able to expel spiritual energy below you, sort of acting as a rocket. So you needed to be at a certain level of power to do it. But yeah it was pretty quick that everyone started flying in DBZ.

But in Bleach they seemed to make it pretty clear that you needed special devices to fly, no matter your power level as a shinigami.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime