Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

House M.D.

Old December 8th, 2006, 10:04 pm
First Year

Re: House M.D.

I like this show. Its prettey cool. It also has a good suspensful climax in each episode.

Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2006, 11:26 pm
Second Year

The tritter guy, is freaking me out. The lunch he had with him and Chase was just disturbing.... Can't wait to next weeks episode.

Potty lurves Loony!
-----------------------------
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest
treasure - Luna Lovegood-

Last edited by obbesivelunafan; December 23rd, 2006 at 7:26 pm.
Old December 9th, 2006, 12:19 pm
oooooh spaaaaarkly...

They have just started showing House M.D. here. I think it is really interesting, and I like Hugh Laurie.

I am the Amazing Pixie Queen! Meet the members of my family and the Royal Court: Brian is my adopted son and Abby my daughter in law.Rell, Hes, Nadia, Heike, Audrey, Mave, Kaz, Donks, Bethany, Maryssa, Lisa and Giulia are my lovely pixie sisters!KitKat and Josh are my pixie brothers.Bill is the King . Matty is my Nephew and Kim8 is my Niece. Celest is my Godmother. Elaina and Evie are the princesses, Chris is the Royal advisor, Poofy is the Court Lawyer, Drew is the Grand Duke, Rusty is the royal fashion advisor & Julie is the Royal Doctor.
Kim (Kimagine) is my Royal Sister the Amazon Queen.
Old December 19th, 2006, 11:28 pm
First Year

I hate the new story line w/tritter. I know it's good for the show...but it just bothers me how House is going nuts ans Wilson and the duckies are getting hurt. I haven't seen to many episodes (i always have something going on tuesdays when it's on ) and i can never find the re-runs. PLAY HOUSE MORE OFTEN!

http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewuser.php?uid=43403
Old December 19th, 2006, 11:38 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by obbesivelunafan View Post
The tritter guy, is freking me out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRat View Post
I hate the new story line w/tritter.
Ahhh...I love David Morse, he's such a great character actor! He told Foreman the same thing that House always says: "Everyone lies."
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRat View Post
PLAY HOUSE MORE OFTEN!
Here's a site that give 'dry' transcripts, accurate dialogue/occurances of aired episodes.

Old December 19th, 2006, 11:48 pm
Second Year

Is it just me or is David Morse hot? I hate Tritter but I have like David Morse since I first saw the Green Mile. He is no match for Hugh Laurie though!

I really hope House can get help for the pain he has with out using the drugs. You know I was watching Sherlock Holmes Mysteries the other day and I suddenly remembered that Holmes was an Opium addict. Perhaps House is the Holmes of the medical world?

Here's to the strong, thanks to the brave, Don't give up hope, some people change. Against all odds, against the grain, Love finds a way, some people change. --Montgomery Gentry

DIATSSISE
Old December 20th, 2006, 3:25 am
First Year

I know this is horrible, but I hope Tritter gets cancer. I'm aware of how horrible it is to say that...maybe no cancer...hit by a truck?

Last Week: In Music

...we're trying to speak clearly...
...but our voices get drowned out...
...by the over excessive braying...
...and the always open mouth...

Hogwarts, A History - My Wizard Rock Band
Old December 20th, 2006, 3:34 am
Second Year

that would be great lol

this is baby E signing off
Old December 20th, 2006, 4:18 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgie101 View Post
Is it just me or is David Morse hot? I hate Tritter but I have like David Morse since I first saw the Green Mile. He is no match for Hugh Laurie though!

I really hope House can get help for the pain he has with out using the drugs. You know I was watching Sherlock Holmes Mysteries the other day and I suddenly remembered that Holmes was an Opium addict. Perhaps House is the Holmes of the medical world?
He is ^_^ That was actually what the creator of the show was referencing when making the show. Hence Wilson (Watson), and House living at 221B Baker Street...not sure if he still does, but at one point he was living there

Old December 20th, 2006, 4:36 am
Second Year

Ha! I didn't catch the Baker Street reference! wow how cool is that? Oh and it was my husband that "reminded me" about the opium.

Here's to the strong, thanks to the brave, Don't give up hope, some people change. Against all odds, against the grain, Love finds a way, some people change. --Montgomery Gentry

DIATSSISE
Old December 20th, 2006, 9:52 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgie101 View Post
Ha! I didn't catch the Baker Street reference! wow how cool is that? Oh and it was my husband that "reminded me" about the opium.
Actually, there was one "adventure" in an opium den. Holmes' drug of choice was heroin (a seven percent solution). Dr Watson tried to wean him off from it all during the series.

ETA: You're right kingwidgit it was cocaine, I got to thinking about it, after I turned the computer off, I knew it wasn't opium but I did think it was heroin. All three (including Morphine) are bad for addicts. I don't know what the addictive part of Vicodin is.

Last edited by BublGumPnkHar; December 20th, 2006 at 8:38 pm.
Old December 20th, 2006, 7:59 pm
Secret Keeper

Holmes was an 'occasional user' of cocaine and morphine, but in later books, Watson was able to get Holmes to stop using altogether. We'll see if Wilson is as lucky.
Quote:
"For years I had gradually weaned him from that drug mania which had threatened once to check his remarkable career. Now I knew that under ordinary conditions he no longer craved for this artificial stimulus, but I was well aware that the fiend was not dead, but sleeping."
We've seen House use Vicodin for pain, use IV Morphine, seen Cuddy give him a placebo that worked, and House used a coctail of drugs {including LSD} to treat a severe migraine he'd induced on himself to try to disprove another doctor's claim of a miracle drug for headaches.

House and Holmes also share a similarity of music. Holmes played violin, and House plays piano/keyboard. Other shared habits: House is always withholding some form of information, lying to the police, housebreak/burglary {he stole Wilson's pad and wrote himself a script, he broke into Stacey's therapists office file cabinet to read Stacey's file, he opened one of Chase's paychecks} although B & E is mainly a habit House employs for hard to solve medical cases.

I guess Cameron is supposed to be "The Woman" {Irene Adler}, the only female to truly break through Holmes's reserve, while Wilson apparently has a reputation for cheating, and Watson was known as a ladies' man.

Old December 20th, 2006, 8:04 pm
Mouse

I never noticed the Sherlock Holmes references. That's really cool.

Old December 21st, 2006, 2:42 pm
First Year

I was checking out the House M.D official site and they had a poll on whether House was an addict. They results were quite even, with a slightly higher percentage of people voting that House was not an addict. This is huge theme in House but I believe presented in a very subtle way. We can tell when people are addicts, but I didn't know how much House depended on Vicodin, till he was off them, but then how do you a define an addict, House says he is addicted to Vicodin, but he doesn't have a problem, and in a way he's right, since he is able to cure most of the patients and the Vicdoin doesn't affect his judgement. Another thing people are overlooking in the Tritter storyline is does House need the drugs. House is in pain and needs the drugs, yet Tritter says anything House can do on the drugs he can do on them (which he has proven he can). So this bring is back to the original question, is House an addict?

Last edited by Aston_Martin; December 21st, 2006 at 2:45 pm.
Old December 21st, 2006, 6:43 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DottedEyes View Post
I know this is horrible, but I hope Tritter gets cancer. I'm aware of how horrible it is to say that...maybe no cancer...hit by a truck?
lol i am hoping for the same thing!! I just hate him!! he is like driving me crazy, did anyone see the last epsiode when he was like at the end "merry christmas" urghh!!!! i hate him

I WISH THEY PLAY IT MORE ThAN ONCE PER WEEK

Old December 21st, 2006, 8:24 pm
First Year

I wish Tritter would just leave. Usually I love how House is; even if sometimes he can be kinda horrible. But the way he treated Cuddy was awful. I felt so bad for her.

only 300x300 px allowed
Old December 22nd, 2006, 8:57 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston_Martin View Post
House says he is addicted to Vicodin, but he doesn't have a problem, and in a way he's right, since he is able to cure most of the patients and the Vicdoin doesn't affect his judgement.
Yes. It's called 'functioning' within an addiction. House has pain, there's no denying that, he also had withdrawal symptoms from the Vicodin, so severe that he couldn't function without jeopardizing his ability to treat his patients.

He can hold down a job, and be quiet successful, yet like a functioning alcholic drinks too much, House takes too many pills. His profession and personal relationships suffer as a result.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 11:37 pm
First Year

Wow, didn't know about funtioning with an addiction. House takes these pills to get through pain, not to get high,so he really never takes too much. I believe that House doesn't want to go back to the pain his leg was in before the ketamine treatment. Now that the treatment has worn off, House doesn't want to lose the feeling he once had, even if it means taking more pills and jeopardising his life.

Old December 23rd, 2006, 6:57 am
Second Year

Tritter is getting even more on my nerves when I didnt even think it was possible. My hope is that he suffers an unfortunate fate like contracting some ailment and then having to turn to House and Wilson even after all he's put them through. Of course thats just my wishful thinking but I would enjoy it so much for House to have a field day if Tritter had to rely so much on House. When Tritter made that "everybody lies" comment to Forman i think it was just to repeat a House phrase since its not something i thought was in character and was more forced through the writers parts. I do remember that tag that House was 'Sherlock Holmes with a stethoscope' and it the affinity to drugs wasn't enough their addiction to puzzles are even more significant.

Although off topic and goes deeper into the drug addiction Aston_Martin, morphine is still used for medicinal purposes and in the past cocaine was believed to have medicinal characteristics. House of course is in real physical pain, but bc of the nature of almost all drugs he has become more reliant on them over tiem so he isnt exactly using them right. I do remember once when Holmes asked Watson for a puzzle so he wouldn't need to take another shot of cocaine though .

Old December 23rd, 2006, 4:52 pm
Sixth Year

Tritter is just nothing but A bully: A cop abusing the Law and using it to hurt for his own pleasure!

WILSON BETRAYED HOUSE!!!!!! WHY WILSON, WHY?

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives