Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

House M.D.

Old September 7th, 2006, 3:57 am
Mouse

House M.D.

We used to have a House thread but I can't find it. If anyone does let me know and I'll merge this into it.

Did anyone catch the season premiere last night? What did you think of the new improved House?

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2006, 4:05 am
Registered Animagus

Re: House M.D.

I missed it. I thought it was on at 9pm and it wasn't. I was really looking forward to it since House had been shot at the end of last season. I had read some stories about Hugh Laurie being tired of the cane and then in House's delirium, his leg had been cured. Did that happen?

Old September 7th, 2006, 4:06 am
Mouse

I missed the Season Finale because my stupid Tivo died. I was hoping they'd replay it but if they did I missed that too.

Yeah it's hilarious. He's running and skateboarding like a thirteen year old.

Not the best episode they've ever done but it was solid and good fun.

Old September 7th, 2006, 4:07 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

I don't think I like the new House so much. I like my House much more sarcastic than that! In the season finale, I was glad to see him learning that his actions impact people's lives. But I hope he finds a balance this season--a well-adjusted House would ruin the show!

What did you think of Wilson and Cuddy? Their interactions with House were pretty far removed from previous seasons. And Cameron rejecting him? Pretty smart--I guess I underestimated her.

Old September 7th, 2006, 4:09 am
Mouse

Oh man I was so nervous they were going to do that whole stupid romance thing again. SO glad they didn't.

I read in Entertainment Weekly (which I only buy once a year to plan my fall tv watching) that he was still going to be bitter and miserable so I think the euphoria will wear off and soon.

Did you catch the previews for next week?

Old September 7th, 2006, 4:12 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
I missed the Season Finale because my stupid Tivo died. I was hoping they'd replay it but if they did I missed that too.

Yeah it's hilarious. He's running and skateboarding like a thirteen year old.

Not the best episode they've ever done but it was solid and good fun.
Sounds great ... I'll catch it on the rerun. Too bad you missed the Finale last year. It was so good ... if a bit gross.

Old September 7th, 2006, 4:14 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Yeah, what's up with the floating kid on the previews? Didn't seem like the usual House ep to me.

I read somewhere that House will be under investigation this season for misusing Vicadin, or his prescription pad. I guess that's what the closing scene was all about.

Old September 7th, 2006, 4:26 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer

What did you think of Wilson and Cuddy? Their interactions with House were pretty far removed from previous seasons. And Cameron rejecting him? Pretty smart--I guess I underestimated her.
Can't tell where Wilson's coming from, but I thought Cuddy's reaction was the same...she's always tended to give in to House if he's insistent, and what she did was giving in, but instead of giving permission she just gave the injection to the patient. I think neither one knows how to react to the changes in House.

Cameron didn't so much reject him as she seemed to lose interest a bit....but then again, House called her on that one again here -- on their first and only date, he told her she was probably attracted to him because he was damaged and injured and she had taken him on as her new charity case (she married her first husband after he was diagnosed with fatal cancer). Now that he seems so healthy and pain free, the attraction is less. So, Cameron may not be that smart after all.....but if this makes her think about her motives, she'll do OK.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old September 7th, 2006, 6:13 pm
Sixth Year

Maybe it was his own pain, that made him cause "others pain". But even if he can get around better this year, we find out he is not pain-free. I don't think that was just a ploy to try to get his ex-roomie to write him a prescription.

I don't think the benevolent House will last. I agree with Jessica - the euphoria will not last too long, he is already feeling some pain again (he has been overdoing it a bit ).

Sneaky opening, too. After last season's finale, I wasn't absolutely sure to whom the eyes belonged. (Until they showed the "characters" interacting with him.)

Old September 7th, 2006, 9:04 pm
First Year

I only saw a few episodes last season, like after American Idol, and I really liked those. I shall be a loyal watcher this season, lol. I thought it was a good episode, it was funny watching him skateboard, and I liked how he found out what was wrong and how to fix it, then the woman (sorry, don't know names, :-/ ) told him off then tried it out and it ended up working.

*looks over last sentence* so that didn't make much sense, but oh well.

Old September 7th, 2006, 9:29 pm
Third Year

I saw it and did enjoy it. I loved when House was throwing things while that guy was cleaning. Anyway, they always make the episodes seem crazier than they are on the commercials, but I'm really intrigued about next week's.

Old September 7th, 2006, 9:50 pm
BANNED... No really they are...

Quote:
I read in Entertainment Weekly (which I only buy once a year to plan my fall tv watching) that he was still going to be bitter and miserable so I think the euphoria will wear off and soon.
I hope so. It just wouldn't be House if he was happy all the time. I love that show!

ALL HAIL THE PIXIE QUEEN TINKIE!!
Mave, RN.
Winner of Happiest Hoggie Award (2011).
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:57 am
Third Year

I just got into House last season but I only saw a couple of episodes but I saw the premere and thought it was pretty good. He cracks me up. But next episode looks pretty good. It's funny that he is skateboarding and I was laughing hard when he was throwing the grapes at the janitor.

Old September 9th, 2006, 6:18 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
We used to have a House thread but I can't find it.
Yep, I looked and it appears to have disappeared.
I'm bemoaning my fate here. The UK isn't showing the new season yet.

Everyone has a photographic memory ... some, like me, just don't have any film
Old September 9th, 2006, 6:25 pm
Sixth Year

I thought for sure that he was hallucinating for a long time. The season finale had a lot of hallucinating and dreaming that he was doing. The very end had him rushed on the stretcher from the wounds. So I expected them to continue with it, but they didn't.

Spoiler: show
They moved straight into him already recovered for months, etc, so I assumed some of his weird behaviour was him still in coma. It was funny to see him somewhat cheerful and pleasant for once

Though you know his leg will become worse and he'll get crusty again which is the way I like House!

Though I like the addition of House still relying on Vicodin

Bring it.

[image courtesy of ArryGrotter]

Old September 9th, 2006, 6:33 pm
Third Year

When I was watching it with my boyfriend he pointed out that House was probably doing all that running and excercise to get high. Poor House is an addict. This looks like its going be a pretty good season.

Old September 9th, 2006, 7:39 pm
Fifth Year

I was sooo ******, I missed the season premiere. I did hear about it though.. not the plot so much which I don't want to hear about as it'll spoil it for me whenever I catch the repeat episode...

"Well uhhhhh" - Arsene Wenger
Old September 11th, 2006, 11:31 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnK
I was sooo ******, I missed the season premiere. I did hear about it though.. not the plot so much which I don't want to hear about as it'll spoil it for me whenever I catch the repeat episode...
At least you get to see the repeat, I'm going to have to wait for ages before I can see it ... or may be not

Everyone has a photographic memory ... some, like me, just don't have any film
Old September 11th, 2006, 3:34 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
We used to have a House thread but I can't find it. If anyone does let me know and I'll merge this into it.

Did anyone catch the season premiere last night? What did you think of the new improved House?
I did, it was good. I thought that he was better with the patients and that's always a good thing .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old September 11th, 2006, 4:44 pm
First Year

I think it's going to be an interesting season. He is such a fiend. I love the way he pushes buttons and examines reactions as though he is outside the human race. I do miss a bit of the nasty comments, but I trust they will come back. He reminds me of Snape. That's why I am so addicted to the show. House ROCKS!
He is gonna be sooo mad at Cuddy when that guy comes back.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives