Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Fruits Basket

Old January 24th, 2006, 7:28 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Re: Fruits Basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonzo
When Tohru doesn't get it, in the anime, you have to watch the reactions of Kyo and Yuki - priceless! Actually, It took me a minute to get it as well .
Yeah, I remember. I miss the anime. Wish I still had it. I think I'll go buy it sometime. I've been meaning to, but there's still that small fact of the matter that I really want that Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors) boxset.
Quote:
Oh no! I'm sure I've guessed what happens, but please don't tell - not that you would right? .
Nah, I wouldn't say since I don't want this topic to get closed, but out of curiosity, what do you think is going to happen? I'm not going to say if you're close to it or not, nor will I say if you're right or not. I'm just highly curious.

Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2006, 8:31 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81
Nah, I wouldn't say since I don't want this topic to get closed, but out of curiosity, what do you think is going to happen? I'm not going to say if you're close to it or not, nor will I say if you're right or not. I'm just highly curious.
Well, I'm thinking that there could be a point where Kyo either reaches the end of his tether with Kagura and goes beserk, telling her that he doesn't love her in the process, or he somehow manages to shut her out... I'm not sure.

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 24th, 2006, 9:29 pm
First Year

I love Fruits Basket! Kyo is so awsome. I love Kyo x Tohru. Kyo and Anime Shigure are my favorite characters (I'm not sure if I like manga Shigure so much) I HATE AKITO!!!!! IT is such a cruel person. Especially for what he said to Kyo in Vol. 11.
Spoiler: show
Kyo realizes he loves Tohru and Akito plays mindgames with him trying to convince him that Tohru is an evil monster and that he doesn't love her. Then Akito taunts him about being locked away for the rest of his life if he doesn't beat Yuki. Also, in the manga I heard Yuki says he thinks of Tohru as a mother figure rather than a love interest. I was wicked happy when I heard that!

Old January 24th, 2006, 10:03 pm
I trusted Severus Snape

Kyo/Kagura is featured in in Book 12, but since so many haven't had the chance to read it yet, I think it should really still be considered a spoiler.

Inky's Favorite moments#3: "I have gone on vacation. Please don't try to find me. Love, Shigure"

Old January 24th, 2006, 10:05 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwolf
Kyo/Kagura is featured in in Book 12, but since so many haven't had the chance to read it yet, I think it should really still be considered a spoiler.
Oh... Better put that in spoiler tags then Inky!

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 25th, 2006, 12:50 am
I trusted Severus Snape

Well, it's not like I gave any details.

Inky's Favorite Moments #4: "Miss Hanajima, if you're not going to run, just go home!"

Old January 25th, 2006, 12:54 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

I really have to think about favorite moments. Man I wish I still had the anime to watch. OH! I found it amusing how Tohru responded after finding out how old Momiji was.

Oh, another thing, I loved the ep where Yuki's stalkers (yes, I call them that) went to Hanajima's house and left, thinking they were cursed by her brother whose name I can't recall right off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwolf
Inky's Favorite Moments #4: "Miss Hanajima, if you're not going to run, just go home!"
That was funny. I like how casual she was, just sitting around playing cards. That's the ep/chapter where we're introduced to Haru, isn't it?

Old January 25th, 2006, 1:06 am
Third Year

hahaha I love how that eventualy the teacher is playing cards with Hana and the others and at the begining of the race when hana just falls down me and my friends talk about that alot when they make us run in gym

Old January 25th, 2006, 1:44 am
Third Year

Yea! Back in action!
I'm still on the lookout for a way to get into the pages so i can attack Akito. What happened on vacation needs to be paid back!!!

Old January 25th, 2006, 3:25 am
Second Year

Today I again watched first ten minutes of the firs episode, and I do this often. Well I suppose I'll do it again till I buy DVD. I looked for manga but I could't find volume 1. There are others but there is no the first one. Can someone tell me what happens in first volume so I can buy second. Thanks anyway.

Old January 25th, 2006, 7:46 am
First Year

Oh, Fruits Basket. So many mysteries waiting to be unfolded. Once you tell a spoiler, the spoilers are HUGE. I've just seen a peek of the latest chapter in Japan and OMG!!111!!!!1!!!!! Amidst all the angst somebody gets kissy kissy with somebody but I'm not telling who. Unless you ask (nicely). ;D

Old January 25th, 2006, 10:10 am
Sixth Year

Well, I was true to my word and bought the anime today. I think it's pretty cool, but there were a few things I didn't like. The slumber party was kinda silly, as if Uo and Hana are that stupid that they wouldn't notice the guys disappearing, then animals standing where they were. I mean Uo bumped straight into Kyo! Second of all, I thought it was better when Hana was just psychic, but instead she has "electricity powers"? The voices weren't as I expected them to be [apart from Hana] but of course that wouldn't stop me from liking it.

Oh, and I got volume 10 of the manga. Out of the two, I have to say I like the manga better. It just seems to explain more, but of course I haven't seen the whole of the anime yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP_Ginny
what book are you reading? Sounds like you're in about book 3 or 4
I'm up to volume 10.
Quote:
Haru says "He was my first love, you know... Yuki." He doesn't mean romantic love, does he?!
I always assumed it was romantic. One scene when he was fighting with Kyo he said "Don't think you can just sit pretty, Yuki. Today you will be mine!" He could have meant today would be the day he finally beat him, or he could have meant it in another way. Either way, Haru's definitely a favourite of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonzo
Haru is awesome - the part in the anime where he proves to the president that his natural colour really is both black and white was hilarious
Yeah, I thought that part was funny too, at first I was like "Did he just...? Ok yes, he did." then came the hysterical laughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxChica
Kyo realizes he loves Tohru and Akito plays mindgames with him trying to convince him that Tohru is an evil monster and that he doesn't love her. Then Akito taunts him about being locked away for the rest of his life if he doesn't beat Yuki. Also, in the manga I heard Yuki says he thinks of Tohru as a mother figure rather than a love interest. I was wicked happy when I heard that!
OMG! That post totally made my day lol.
I love Kyo/Tohru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81
That was funny. I like how casual she was, just sitting around playing cards. That's the ep/chapter where we're introduced to Haru, isn't it?
Yeah, Hana's just like "Yes, I can see it clearly now... Royal Flush!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup
Oh, another thing, I loved the ep where Yuki's stalkers (yes, I call them that) went to Hanajima's house and left, thinking they were cursed by her brother whose name I can't recall right off.
Well, they pretty much are stalkers. Was it Megumi?

I found out today that there's an anime/manga shop nearby, but at the moment, they only have Fruits in Japanese and Chinese. It's good, though, otherwise I would have spent my money on that and wouldn't have been able to get the box set . And also, I found out that we don't have 13 as I thought we had, I had mistaken it for volume 12 .

Oh, and this thread has made me slightly confused, can someone tell me if
Shigure and Ayame are together if it's just a little joke they have.

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."
Old January 25th, 2006, 1:41 pm
First Year

@AmeliaPotter: no, that's not a spoiler. xD those people are natural flirts. shigure has his own pairing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaPotter
I always assumed it was romantic. One scene when he was fighting with Kyo he said "Don't think you can just sit pretty, Yuki. Today you will be mine!" He could have meant today would be the day he finally beat him, or he could have meant it in another way. Either way, Haru's definitely a favourite of mine.
Yuki is and will always be Haru's first love. but that dialogue in the anime kind of messed up what's happening in the manga. at that time Haru's actually
seeing someone else. another cursed Sohma, naturally. and she is HOT.

but if you're already at vol 10 then i guess you'd know already? XD

i notice that so many people seem to hate Akito. he's one of the most misunderstood characters in the series. especially when you get to know the backstory. one of the MAJOR SPOILERS about Akito is.. well. hightlight at risk, but i tell you, this is HUGE.
He is SHE.

and for those who might want to see Akito happy.
she's getting paired with shigure.

Last edited by meethz; January 25th, 2006 at 1:50 pm.
Old January 25th, 2006, 2:23 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by meethz
@AmeliaPotter: no, that's not a spoiler. xD those people are natural flirts. shigure has his own pairing..
I didn't think so, but I thought I'd better put it in spoiler text just in case, I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read that far yet.

Quote:
Yuki is and will always be Haru's first love. but that dialogue in the anime kind of messed up what's happening in the manga. at that time Haru's actually
seeing someone else. another cursed Sohma, naturally. and she is HOT.

but if you're already at vol 10 then i guess you'd know already? XD
Ah, I'm assuming you mean Rin? Didn't she break up with him, though?

Quote:
i notice that so many people seem to hate Akito. he's one of the most misunderstood characters in the series. especially when you get to know the backstory. one of the MAJOR SPOILERS about Akito is.. well. hightlight at risk, but i tell you, this is HUGE.
He is SHE.
Yeah, I was looking up all the character profiles on this site and it said that. I was kinda shocked, but it's a good twist.
It also said he won't live past thirty, or something like that.
I keep thinking he's the rooster, because everytime I see him he has a bird perched on him or there's a bird nearby, but reading his profile proved me wrong.

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."
Old January 25th, 2006, 3:51 pm
First Year

Quote:
Ah, I'm assuming you mean Rin? Didn't she break up with him, though?
Not for long! xD

Quote:
[Yeah, I was looking up all the character profiles on this site and it said that. I was kinda shocked, but it's a good twist.
It also said he won't live past thirty, or something like that.
I keep thinking he's the rooster, because everytime I see him he has a bird perched on him or there's a bird nearby, but reading his profile proved me wrong
Actually, me too! That theory circulated among fans before
Kureno
showed up. But technically,
the rooster/bird no longer exists, since Kureno unknowingly broke the curse.
The same thing goes for
Momiji.

Old January 25th, 2006, 4:11 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Actually, me too! That theory circulated among fans before
Kureno
showed up. But technically,
the rooster/bird no longer exists, since Kureno unknowingly broke the curse.
The same thing goes for
Momiji.
Yeah, I was looking at a site that told me about the rooster.
Ooh, broke the curse? Cool, I can't wait to read that part!

That reminds me, Momiji sounds like a girl in the anime! I know he looks like one and wears the girl's uniform, but I thought he'd still sound like a guy.

Old January 25th, 2006, 5:20 pm
First Year

Quote:
That reminds me, Momiji sounds like a girl in the anime! I know he looks like one and wears the girl's uniform, but I thought he'd still sound like a guy.
Really? Which anime did you see, the japanese or the dubbed one? I thought it sounded ok in the original. As for the uniform, remember the 'beauteous vision' of Momiji wearing a boy's uniform in the anime? (it was in the same episode as Haru's appearance, me thinks) Well. It's going to come true! xD

Old January 25th, 2006, 5:40 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Really? Which anime did you see, the japanese or the dubbed one? I thought it sounded ok in the original. As for the uniform, remember the 'beauteous vision' of Momiji wearing a boy's uniform in the anime? (it was in the same episode as Haru's appearance, me thinks) Well. It's going to come true! xD
Anyone else notice that characters have their own theme-music? I love the Kyo-Yuki/Kyo-Haru fight music, and Momiji's too. Momiji always seems to have teddy bears on the screen behind him too...

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 25th, 2006, 5:43 pm
First Year

momiji's theme song is so damn catchy it gets on my nerves if i listen to it for too long. but i loove ayame's and the kyo-yuki fight music! it's hilarious. xD

Old January 25th, 2006, 7:24 pm
I trusted Severus Snape

You guys, maybe you didn't read my earlier post, but posting spoilers is what got the first edition of this thread closed. Nothing beyond Episode 12, not even in spoiler tags.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime