Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Fruits Basket

Old January 23rd, 2006, 10:52 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Fruits Basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaPotter
Shigure [on the phone to Hatori]: It'd be great if you could come over and take a look at Tohru's injury today... If you can spare the time, that is...
Hatori: ...I should be able to drop by later tonight...
Shigure: Hmm? You agreed to it just like that? My, aren't you helpful... Or could it be that...
You've secretly got the hots for Tohru?! I've hit the nail on the head, haven't I? Haven't I? Oooh... are you so unnerved it's gotten you tongue-tied?!
Hatori: I am so unnerved by your utter stupidity that words fail me completely...

Gotta love that Shiggy!
That line was priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81
You know, I still haven't started officially "collecting" the manga yet? I will, eventually. Seems that the later volumes are starting to get a bit redundant, but still enjoyable. Probably because, there's hardly any Momiji-kun!! lol Oh wait, it's like that in the earlier volumes too! I always choose the wrong characters to get attached to.

So, are we officially on Volume 13 for the American release of it?
Gotta love Momiji! Who's in the forest calling? The birds and the bees sing Mo-mi-ji

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2006, 1:32 am
I trusted Severus Snape

Gotta love almost all of them, in fact. Ayame became my favorite, over time.

Oh, my mistake, Volume 12 is out. Not 13 yet, though.

I think I will start posting My Favorite Moments from the Anime with each post.

Favorite Moment #1: "Oh, by the way--curses take effect in three days."

By the way, does everyone know about the easter eggs on Discs 1 and 3 of the US DVD release?

Last edited by Inkwolf; January 24th, 2006 at 1:36 am.
Old January 24th, 2006, 1:36 am
Sixth Year

Favourite moment #1 - Kyo coming crashing through the roof

#2 - all the times Shigure's house gets smashed, and in particular, when he tells Yuki, Kyo and Tohru that the main house will no longer foot the bill

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 24th, 2006, 2:47 am
Third Year

Ooh, ooh, I love the anime! My friend is obsessed with the manga, so even though she has all the ones that are out, I'm only up to eight.

Quote:
Shigure [on the phone to Hatori]: It'd be great if you could come over and take a look at Tohru's injury today... If you can spare the time, that is...
Hatori: ...I should be able to drop by later tonight...
Shigure: Hmm? You agreed to it just like that? My, aren't you helpful... Or could it be that...
You've secretly got the hots for Tohru?! I've hit the nail on the head, haven't I? Haven't I? Oooh... are you so unnerved it's gotten you tongue-tied?!
Hatori: I am so unnerved by your utter stupidity that words fail me completely...
O I love Shigure and Hatori! They totally make up for the final member of their trio!

I admit, the New Years episode and the episode where Momiji tells the story of her mother had me going close to tears - the second one really made me appreciate Momiji more ^_^

You've got to make the effort, and love every moment of it
Old January 24th, 2006, 4:47 am
Second Year

This is going to sound little bit odd...I love Fruit basket but I never saw series or read manga. I found out about it from Anime Insider and I fell in love.
After that I went on the internet and watched some clips. I can't wait to buy it and watch and read.

Only characters that I know are Tohru, Yuki, Kyo and that bad guy, that head of family (is he really bad?). And I love that scene when Tohru nock of that bad guy when he threatens Yuki.

Old January 24th, 2006, 4:49 am
First Year

Yay! I was looking for a Furuba thread! ^_^
I am only on Vol.3 of the Manga, but I'm absolutely hooked! I also read the 1st Angelic Layer, but i like Fruits Basket way better.
Why can't I be Tohru Honda?!?!
Yuki
Kyo (oh, and, in my opinion, Kyo looks better in black and white than in color)
I'm anticipating the anime. I borrowed them from my friend (love you Emily! )
But i have a feeling that I will favor the manga. Books are always better than the film!
**In LoVe WiTh YuKi AnD KyO sOhMa**
They are the compilation of the perfect guy. So sweet. So sincere. So incredibly adorable.
Ok, I'll stop ranting now...

I'll pick you up, Won't let you fall
I'll build your trust, And it won't hurt at all
Your only drug, Will let you down
I'm through now So take me and blow me away
Art Of Breaking
-Thousand Foot Krutch
Old January 24th, 2006, 11:26 am
Sixth Year

No please gush away, especially if it involves Kyo .

spiritedaway, you have to watch the anime - no question about it!

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 24th, 2006, 11:38 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonzo
No please gush away, especially if it involves Kyo .
Speaking of Kyo, I found another really cute scene with him being protective of Tohru. Shigure is talking about how wonderful Tohru is, and, in true Shigure style, calls her his "blushing bride" . Then Kyo walks into the room and says: "How'd you like to get hitched to the ceiling instead?" I think Kyo would have to be my favourite character of all, I really hope he finds happiness [away from Kagura - she's scary ], no matter who it's with .

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:00 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Speaking of Kyo, I found another really cute scene with him being protective of Tohru. Shigure is talking about how wonderful Tohru is, and, in true Shigure style, calls her his "blushing bride" . Then Kyo walks into the room and says: "How'd you like to get hitched to the ceiling instead?" I think Kyo would have to be my favourite character of all, I really hope he finds happiness [away from Kagura - she's scary ], no matter who it's with .
Definitely . I love it when he goes to all the trouble of making leek soup for Tohru when she's sick, and the way that he defends her, and also manically denies having any kind of feelings for her... I also love it whenever Kyo gets annoyed with Momiji and starts twisting his fists into his temples: "Waaaaah! Kyo's picking on me! Waaaaah!"

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:15 pm
First Year

Kyo is so cute when it comes to Tohru. Heh. The things he does makes his feelings even more obvious.
Like when he first meets Tohru and he accidentally hit her with the table, he was finding it so hard to talk to her and apologize. Ahwww... *** cuteness.

Old January 24th, 2006, 1:28 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Definitely . I love it when he goes to all the trouble of making leek soup for Tohru when she's sick, and the way that he defends her, and also manically denies having any kind of feelings for her... I also love it whenever Kyo gets annoyed with Momiji and starts twisting his fists into his temples: "Waaaaah! Kyo's picking on me! Waaaaah!"
Haha, that reminds me of this one thing in the manga, Momiji says what Kyo was obviously thinking. He was warning her [can't remember why] and Momiji just interrupts and says "Because I don't want you to get hurt! That's what he really wants to say!"

I wonder how crushed Kyo would be if she and Yuki got together... It would be so upsetting if Kyo went back inside his shell again, he's just starting to be more confident.

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."
Old January 24th, 2006, 1:31 pm
I trusted Severus Snape

Inky's Favorite Moments #2:

Shigire and Ayame 'flirting' with each other in bad French! "Par Avion!" "Ou est le pain?" (Airmail! Where is the bread?)

Old January 24th, 2006, 1:41 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwolf

Shigire and Ayame 'flirting' with each other in bad French! "Par Avion!" "Ou est le pain?" (Airmail! Where is the bread?)
I haven't read/watched that one yet. Ooh, I'm just flicking through volume 8 now, Uotani kicks Kyo's desk over purely because she's hungry . And Shigure keeps using "The one-touch Ritsu neutraliser" whenever he starts to freak out.

Old January 24th, 2006, 2:04 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
I haven't read/watched that one yet. Ooh, I'm just flicking through volume 8 now, Uotani kicks Kyo's desk over purely because she's hungry . And Shigure keeps using "The one-touch Ritsu neutraliser" whenever he starts to freak out.
The one-touch Ritsu neutraliser was funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwolf

Their flirting was weird... All the innuendo about being kept up all night .

Quote:
I wonder how crushed Kyo would be if she and Yuki got together... It would be so upsetting if Kyo went back inside his shell again, he's just starting to be more confident.
Now there's a problem... It makes me wonder whether Kyo and Kagura will get together or not - certainly in the anime he doesn't seem to show any return feelings. Now for Tohru, however, that's a different matter, all the other characters pick up on his affection for her. It would seem a little wrong to have either Kyo or Yuki left out - maybe Tohru won't get together with either...

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr

Last edited by Alfonzo; January 24th, 2006 at 2:08 pm.
Old January 24th, 2006, 3:30 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Now there's a problem... It makes me wonder whether Kyo and Kagura will get together or not - certainly in the anime he doesn't seem to show any return feelings. Now for Tohru, however, that's a different matter, all the other characters pick up on his affection for her. It would seem a little wrong to have either Kyo or Yuki left out - maybe Tohru won't get together with either...
I very much doubt that Kyo and Kagura will get together, I mean one day he tried to run away from school because it was Valentines Day and he wanted to make sure he was nowhere near Kagura. It would be a very one-sided relationship. I think you might be right about Tohru not ending up with either, they both obviously like her, but she doesn't seem to think of them in that way [well, at the stage I'm at in the manga, someone further ahead than me might disagree]. Oh well .

Ooh, that reminds me, what's everyone's thoughts about Haru? I think he's really funny, but of course, very aggressive when he snaps and turns into 'Black Haru'. I laugh everytime Kyo calls him "cowboy" lol.

Old January 24th, 2006, 5:17 pm
First Year

Quote:
I very much doubt that Kyo and Kagura will get together, I mean one day he tried to run away from school because it was Valentines Day and he wanted to make sure he was nowhere near Kagura. It would be a very one-sided relationship. I think you might be right about Tohru not ending up with either, they both obviously like her, but she doesn't seem to think of them in that way [well, at the stage I'm at in the manga, someone further ahead than me might disagree]. Oh well .

Ooh, that reminds me, what's everyone's thoughts about Haru? I think he's really funny, but of course, very aggressive when he snaps and turns into 'Black Haru'. I laugh everytime Kyo calls him "cowboy" lol.
what book are you reading? Sounds like you're in about book 3 or 4... I'm reading 3 right now. and HATSUHARU!!! He's gorgeous, isn't he? The ear rings are what got me...
but what about this innuendo?: Haru says "He was my first love, you know... Yuki." He doesn't mean romantic love, does he?!

But i think i have to say that Yuki is my favorite, even though i really like Kyo, as well... it's so hard to decide... must be how Tohru feels (if she does feel that way about them... But Yuki is my type of guy... Quiet, but sincere. And his smile! The way he always gets "that smile" around Tohru. I think Haru said this: "I was surprised today too. When Yuki was standing next to you, he had this serene smile. He never smiled like that when he was at the main house." page 64 of book 3.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yuki's smile.jpg (15.7 KB, 13 views)

I'll pick you up, Won't let you fall
I'll build your trust, And it won't hurt at all
Your only drug, Will let you down
I'm through now So take me and blow me away
Art Of Breaking
-Thousand Foot Krutch

Last edited by JP_Ginny; January 24th, 2006 at 5:37 pm.
Old January 24th, 2006, 5:45 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

This topic is driving me nuts, you know!! So much I want to say, but can't because they're spoilers!!! ><

A couple of you asked some questions I want to answer, but I don't think I can. ^^

Old January 24th, 2006, 5:53 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Yeah I agree. It sucks for Kagura though if they don't get together - Kyo is all she ever talks about when you see her...

Quote:
Haru is awesome - the part in the anime where he proves to the president that his natural colour really is both black and white was hilarious .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP_Ginny
but what about this innuendo?: Haru says "He was my first love, you know... Yuki." He doesn't mean romantic love, does he?
I wondered about that too... Not entirely sure there .

Quote:
This topic is driving me nuts, you know!! So much I want to say, but can't because they're spoilers!!! ><

A couple of you asked some questions I want to answer, but I don't think I can. ^^
Y'know, I'm totally gutted about that, because I've seen all of the anime episodes, so I kinda know what happens, but there's so much more in the manga that it is missed out of the anime, and I haven't read any yet! Grr...

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 24th, 2006, 6:57 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Haru is awesome - the part in the anime where he proves to the president that his natural colour really is both black and white was hilarious .
I love how clueless Tohru was and how she couldn't figure out how Haru proved that it was his natural hair color. I don't recall for either the manga or the anime, but did Momiji figure it out too? I'm pretty sure he was with Tohru and the others as well.
Quote:
Y'know, I'm totally gutted about that, because I've seen all of the anime episodes, so I kinda know what happens, but there's so much more in the manga that it is missed out of the anime, and I haven't read any yet! Grr...
The things asked about in this thread, that I know the answer to is in reference to the Kyo x Kagura. Too bad I have a tough time remembering volumes and what happened in each one to know if I'm spoiling or not which is why I just don't say much of anything. ^^

Old January 24th, 2006, 7:16 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
I love how clueless Tohru was and how she couldn't figure out how Haru proved that it was his natural hair color. I don't recall for either the manga or the anime, but did Momiji figure it out too? I'm pretty sure he was with Tohru and the others as well.
When Tohru doesn't get it, in the anime, you have to watch the reactions of Kyo and Yuki - priceless! Actually, It took me a minute to get it as well .
Quote:
The things asked about in this thread, that I know the answer to is in reference to the Kyo x Kagura. Too bad I have a tough time remembering volumes and what happened in each one to know if I'm spoiling or not which is why I just don't say much of anything. ^^
Oh no! I'm sure I've guessed what happens, but please don't tell - not that you would right? .

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime