Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Dancing With the Stars Season 10

Old September 28th, 2010, 3:26 pm
Secret Keeper

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
I'm still a Lacey fan, even when she tweaks people in the costume department and they retaliate.
Haha, yeah...the "like you were engulged in a giant feather duster" comment or whatever Len said was hilarious, and also spot on

Or you talking about something else that I'm oblivious to?

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; September 28th, 2010 at 3:30 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2010, 3:56 pm
Curse Breaker

No, that was it. Generally, the costumes are very flattering unless they're going for a huge joke (like Cho was last week) or somebody in the costume department feels slighted or disrespected.

I honestly don't know who will be going home tonight since for my money there were two solid performances out of 11 and Jen Grey should be safe for a few more weeks because of her lead on the scorecards. I know that's not how it works when we get to the top 5, but for at least a few more weeks it should remain true. I'm thinking that Michael was set up for the axe because he got SUCH a low score, but Mike "Situation", Margaret, Michael B., and even Brandy had real trouble this week. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I refuse to even discuss Bristol since she shouldn't be there in the first place.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:52 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
I'm rather miffed that the Hoff got booted the first week. He was the most entertaining of the four terrible dancers they have.
I agree. He was definitely entertaining in his horribleness. I was really surprised he was the first to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Bristol Palin's score was B.S..was an average dance (6's, IMO) at best, no way it deserved a higher score then that of the 2 athletes

P.S. I think it's funny how they even acknowlege that Palin has "no experience in entertainment" (so tell me, why the hell is she there?)
My thoughts exactly! Her "dancing" is not that good, people! What are the judges thinking with those scores? She got 8s? Hello! Jennifer Grey got 8s!

And I loved the repeated comments about how she's not a star.

Speaking of Jennifer Grey getting 8s--when you compare what she did to the others who received similar or close scores, I feel she should have gotten 9s. It's like the judges are just keeping the top score at an 8 right now because it's only the second week. That's what bothers me the most about the scoring--they are not at all consistent or fair. If someone is terrible, but they do well for them, then they get better scores. If someone is great, but they don't do as well as they could have, they get terrible scores.

Old September 29th, 2010, 1:05 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
I agree. He was definitely entertaining in his horribleness. I was really surprised he was the first to go.

My thoughts exactly! Her "dancing" is not that good, people! What are the judges thinking with those scores? She got 8s? Hello! Jennifer Grey got 8s!

And I loved the repeated comments about how she's not a star.

Speaking of Jennifer Grey getting 8s--when you compare what she did to the others who received similar or close scores, I feel she should have gotten 9s. It's like the judges are just keeping the top score at an 8 right now because it's only the second week. That's what bothers me the most about the scoring--they are not at all consistent or fair. If someone is terrible, but they do well for them, then they get better scores. If someone is great, but they don't do as well as they could have, they get terrible scores.
Yea it's like the vote for people in terms of popularity -- and not in terms of how good they dance and stuff.

What's the point of this show (not to be mean or anything) if they're (the general public and such) not even putting any real stock into the dancing itself?

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old September 29th, 2010, 8:43 pm
Curse Breaker

Well, Emmit winning and Jerry getting as far as he did were more popularity contests than dancing talent--so, there's precedent. Let's not forget Marie Osmond or Shawn Johnson (who NEVER should have won) in that discussion. Still, it would be nice to see the top three be the three most talented dancers of the group for once.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:48 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

FYI There is a season 11 thread now peeps, thanks to lcbaseball22

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives