Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Dancing With the Stars Season 10

Old April 29th, 2010, 6:30 pm
Registered Animagus

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 10

Chelsie and Lacey will be dancing on next week's results show.

Lacey is taking singing lessons for a hush-hush project. Benji is already singing with his own band and writing songs for it.

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2010, 2:36 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
originally posted by jordmundt6
The accumulated obstacles were sure to tell on Evan sometime. I think his gold medal has him a solid fanbase, but if starts just not being able to perform, it would be better that he leaves earlier than it looked like he should have than if he ends up stumbling and wincing through the finale.
As Len said, everyone comes up against a dance that just doesn't fit them. This could've been Evan's. Hopefully he will be able to recover and will dance better next week. Before this week, Evan and Nicole were miles ahead of everyone else. Erin might continue to improve and give us a solid final three. I don't think the others will be able to make it that far, they're just not as good.

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old April 30th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Curse Breaker

I think Pam's giving a good showing and either Pam or Erin (if she gets more comfortable) would make a solid entrance into the final three. If Evan doesn't recover though, this could get very messy very quickly.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old May 4th, 2010, 4:48 am
Registered Animagus

Very good show tonight. Chad's waltz was elegantly done. Nicole deserved better than 9's and I don't think Evan deserved all 10's. He looked stiff and unnatural, like he was acting a part.

Team Gaga blew away Team Madonna.

Pam and Erin really don't impress me. Neicy is fun and she tries.

Old May 4th, 2010, 6:01 am
Curse Breaker

Pam struggled a bit, but I thought her score was low considering the way they were gift-wrapping them tonight (and then admitting this bizarre sliding scale they have going..)

Old May 4th, 2010, 7:00 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post
Very good show tonight. Chad's waltz was elegantly done. Nicole deserved better than 9's and I don't think Evan deserved all 10's. He looked stiff and unnatural, like he was acting a part.

Team Gaga blew away Team Madonna.

Pam and Erin really don't impress me. Neicy is fun and she tries.
Well I watched the show tonight.

I've never really seen that Argentine Tango before but I think it's kinda supposed to look that way. I dunno, Tango always looks "stiff and unnatural" to me anyways but I thought this was one was neat...very impressive dance from Evan if you ask me. I agree about Nicole though, she deserved at least a few 10's. Neicy needs to go home...I'm surprised she's made it this far. The other 2 girls were just alright

Really enjoyed the Cha Cha Challenge, that was cool. It was fun to try and see if I could spot any moves that are part of the routine our class is doing. And yeah, Team Gaga blew away Team Madonna. I think the song was a major factor. Though I don't like Lady Gaga, the song they chose had a great beat and allowed for a high energy dance...really fun to watch. And aside from the energy they simply performed their routine better too. I thought Nicole was amazing for not having done Cha Cha before...the way she moved was just

Definitely think Nicole and Evan are the best dancers, should come down to those 2

This is how I'd rank 'em based on what I saw tonight

1. Evan
2. Nicole
3. Chad
4. Erin
5. Pamela
6. Niecy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
Pam struggled a bit, but I thought her score was low considering the way they were gift-wrapping them tonight (and then admitting this bizarre sliding scale they have going..)
Huh...what do you mean?

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; May 4th, 2010 at 7:11 am.
Old May 4th, 2010, 5:03 pm
Curse Breaker

Sherzinger is their "most talented dancer on the show...EVER" they claim (and yet they nitpick her so that her score looks like Erin's or Chad's when she outperforms them). Pam struggled no more than Chad did but chad got praised and got a higher score--sorry don't get that. And Niecey got a high individual score (for her) and competitive with everyone else (which just isn't right).

Evan and Nicole are the top 2 (although deciding between them on a good night is murder because they generally are equals). As for the rest of it. Very bottom is Niecey. Above her are Chad and Erin. I'd say that Erin and Pam are about equivalent with Erin trending up faster and with greater improvement than Pam, but Chad is and should be second from the bottom (which means a red light). And yet--his scores don't reflect this, and he has the NFL voting bias (though I'd have thought his histrionics on the field would alienate more fans than they would win).

Old May 4th, 2010, 6:13 pm
Third Year

Hmm. I guess I'm the only one who disagreed with the results of the team challenge. Pam's solo dance was terrible, Derick did all the work for Nicole's, and I think Team Gaga was off sync way more than Team Madonna, who gave three solid solos to Gaga's one and a half. IMO
I think Evan definitely had the best dance of the night. What a great tango!
I don't agree that Nicole is the best dancer they've ever had.
Pam's was nice.
I'm surprised they scored Chad so well, I was a bit bored by his dance.
Erin's was good. I think I'd rather see her in the top 3 then Pam or Chad.
Even though Niecy is still the worst, I think she improved greatly and gave a really nice performance. If she goes home tonight I will be sad.

Chamber of Secrets
Always

Avatar by samelthecamel, found here
Old May 4th, 2010, 6:34 pm
Registered Animagus

No, Nicole is definitely not the best dancer they've ever had. Have they already forgotten Kristi Yamaguchi? What about Brooke? She's right there in front of them. Not saying that Nicole isn't good. She is. But there have certainly been others at least equal if not better.

Old May 4th, 2010, 7:07 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:

Evan and Nicole are the top 2 (although deciding between them on a good night is murder because they generally are equals). As for the rest of it. Very bottom is Niecey. Above her are Chad and Erin. I'd say that Erin and Pam are about equivalent with Erin trending up faster and with greater improvement than Pam, but Chad is and should be second from the bottom (which means a red light). And yet--his scores don't reflect this, and he has the NFL voting bias (though I'd have thought his histrionics on the field would alienate more fans than they would win).
Ah, well I haven't seen the inbetween shows. I saw last night and I saw a couple of the early ones...and in those I thought Chad was towards the top. Perhaps I should look up his weeks 3, 4, 5, etc dances NFL voting bias though? I don't know about that...

I suppose personally I'm giving Chad the benefit of doubt over Erin and Pamela because he's having to lead and I know how hard that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_a_human View Post
Hmm. I guess I'm the only one who disagreed with the results of the team challenge. Pam's solo dance was terrible, Derick did all the work for Nicole's, and I think Team Gaga was off sync way more than Team Madonna, who gave three solid solos to Gaga's one and a half. IMO
Well I do agree Pam's solo dance was pretty bad...that was the one weak link in Team Gaga's performance. Other then that I can't agree.

Team Madonna did an easier routine and was simply un-impressive as a whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post
No, Nicole is definitely not the best dancer they've ever had. Have they already forgotten Kristi Yamaguchi? What about Brooke? She's right there in front of them. Not saying that Nicole isn't good. She is. But there have certainly been others at least equal if not better.
And were they just referring to the female stars? I thought Apollo and Helio were pretty damn good...then again I suppose they were carried a good deal by Julianne who's def one of the best female dancers I've seen. Now that she's gone I'd have to say Cheryl is the top female pro.

What I wouldn't give to dance with one of those two. With someone as good as Julianne or Cheryl leading would be almost effortless...

To clarify, I don't mean the guy wouldn't have to do anything...the job of leading is still very involved no matter who you're partner is, but it wouldn't be a tug-o-war to get her to go where you want Ok, the girls in my class aren't THAT bad...but I've danced with some who were. I've also danced with some really good follows and it was awesome. As a friend of mine put it "like making love on the dance floor"

Speaking of, just wanna throw out that I thought Apollo and Julianne had the best chemistry of any couple thusfar (and I have watched most of the seasons...at least until Julianne left) Watching those two dance was magical. It looked like they should have got together, but they repeatedly said it was more of a brother-sister thing going on. Yeah, well I guess Benji and Lacey look pretty magical together too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svVHVBBYfU (beautiful song and West Coast dance)

Last edited by lcbaseball22; May 4th, 2010 at 8:11 pm.
Old May 4th, 2010, 8:22 pm
Curse Breaker

Apollo and Drew are probably the standard bearers for the men over the seasons and Kristi is the female performer who leaps out for me. Nicole is probably the strongest dancer they've had week to week this season--but as I said generally on a good night for both, it's a coin flip between the Olympian and the pop star.

Old May 4th, 2010, 8:44 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I am infrequent watcher of the show, but I did see it last night. I loved Team Madonna's performance and thought it should have scored much higher than Team Gaga. The choreography was great. I'm not a fan of Erin outside the show, but she's a good dancer and I really liked her, Niece and Evan together in the team performance. Was it just me or did it look like Pam flubbed her choreography in her solo section of the team dance?

I thought Evan did the best last night and Niece really improved a lot. I think based on that, Pam should go home, but you know...

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old May 4th, 2010, 8:53 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Apollo and Drew are probably the standard bearers for the men over the seasons and Kristi is the female performer who leaps out for me. Nicole is probably the strongest dancer they've had week to week this season--but as I said generally on a good night for both, it's a coin flip between the Olympian and the pop star.
Hmm, I can't recall if I ever saw Drew. I don't think I started watching until 3rd season. Just looked up his scores though...wow yeah very impressive! Something I wonder is if the judging has got tougher over the years however. Has anyone noticed if this is the case? I can't really make a call there cause I wasn't scrutinizing them as much myself in the earlier seasons. Anyways, this season...yeah probably a coin flip between Nicole and Evan. BTW, what was this I heard about Evan "falling on his head" the show before? Did he literally fall or was that just figurative? I saw he scored just straight 7's on the Samba. Speaking of that's a dance I really wanna learn, it looks like a lot of fun

Last edited by lcbaseball22; May 4th, 2010 at 8:56 pm.
Old May 4th, 2010, 9:26 pm
Curse Breaker

He was trying to do a move and actually fell backward on his head and neck and wound up with a "mild concussion" (tm Steve Young circa 1998). It was in practice.

Old May 5th, 2010, 4:34 am
Registered Animagus

This was not my favorite results show. I didn't like Train at all. I do always enjoy seeing Lacey dance with Dmitry when she's not dancing with Benji. I missed Chelsie standing in for Pam with Damian. Wish I had seen that. I think Damian is pretty good.

Old May 5th, 2010, 7:26 am
Secret Keeper

I didn't watch but I heard the result. I'm baffled how Pam was sent home over Niecy, especially considering Pam was on the winning team last night for the Cha Cha Challenge which boosted her score more. Didn't she have at least a couple point lead over Niecy? I know they said Niecy did her best yet last night but she should have been gone a while ago it seems. The viewers must really love her...sympathy vote?

Quote:
He was trying to do a move and actually fell backward on his head and neck and wound up with a "mild concussion" (tm Steve Young circa 1998). It was in practice.
Oooh, ouch! Well hopefully that doesn't happen again

Last edited by lcbaseball22; May 5th, 2010 at 7:34 am.
Old May 5th, 2010, 9:55 am
Sixth Year

I may be in the minority, but I don't think Evan's dance deserved all 10s. I'm a big fan of his and I'm happy he's doing well but there was something weird about the way his dance looked. I think it's his ridiculously long legs. There were some sections where he looked more comical than serious. That being said, he must not have made any technical errors and he had the attitude down so well!
I can't believe Nicole didn't get a 10. But I guess there were too many mistakes. It's because her choreo is so much more difficult than everyone else's (excepting Evan).
Erin's quickstep was good. I was shocked that Niecy got a 9. Her quickstep was her best dance I'd say but not worth a 9. Crazy. Chad's waltz was smooth but I still think he looks stiff out there.
Team Gaga was much better than Team Madonna technically but I enjoyed Madonna's performance better. It was fun! Chad's solo section in the cha cha was great though. I definitely saw improvement there. Nicole was good but that's normal. I was impressed with Evan's solo, I wasn't sure how he would handle the cha-cha after the samba. Niecy's was still lacking a little I think and Erin's was great.

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old May 5th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Third Year

I'm not really surprised that Pam went home. At least it wasn't Erin! I think people don't like Pam Anderson outside the show, and lets face it, personal opinions do come into play. Damian should feel good, getting halfway in his first season.
I don't think Niecy's getting a sympathy vote. That's not why I'm voting for her anyway. She has a great personality and I think she's really improving.
Train! One of my very favorite bands. They are so good live (I should know, I've seen them in concert twice!)

Chamber of Secrets
Always

Avatar by samelthecamel, found here
Old May 5th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

dweaslelqueen: I agree that it's Evan's limbs that make some of the dances look a bit odd sometimes. He's just so lanky. Still love him though. I voted for him.

I'm a bit surprised that Pam went home, but I suppose I shouldn't be. The others have been more entertaining overall, and I can see them appealing more to the main demo of the show.

lcbaseball22: Just wanted to say I've enjoyed reading your comments in this thread. I wish I could take classes too.

Old May 5th, 2010, 8:20 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_a_human View Post
I'm not really surprised that Pam went home. At least it wasn't Erin! I think people don't like Pam Anderson outside the show, and lets face it, personal opinions do come into play.
Yeah, that's a good point...I don't think she's all too popular anymore I'm also glad that Erin wasn't sent home. I never noticed the scores (I wish they would show the standings at the end of the show)...was she in danger of being eliminated? I haven't seen a whole lot of her dancing but I like her. I watch a lot of sports, she's got great personality as a sideline reporter...and she's beautiful too, doesn't hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boushh View Post

lcbaseball22: Just wanted to say I've enjoyed reading your comments in this thread. I wish I could take classes too.
Thanks, I thought maybe they were annoying You should sign up for a class if you can. Doesn't have to be through a school, dance studios usually have group lessons that are relatively inexpensive

I'm having a lot of fun with it...makes me wish I had got into dancing long ago. I used to scoff at it and like many guys think it was gay/unmanly. On the contrary, what's more manly/straight then dancing with women...and being able to take charge and lead strongly, yet gently? As my instructor would say, the dance floor is one of the last places in today's society (or in America at least) where the men are still in control () and a man can really be a man...a gentleman that is. And it's really nice knowing I'm able to show girls a good time.

Last edited by lcbaseball22; May 5th, 2010 at 10:08 pm.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives