Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Dancing With the Stars Season 10

Old March 10th, 2010, 1:34 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post
I'm not going to be watching either. I would like to see how well Evan Lysacek does, but he's paired with Anna T. and she's never been in the finals.

I hope they don't see lack of viewers as being caused by SH leaving.
Ah. Same here. But from what I've seen in terms of who is going to be on this year, I don't think there will be as many viewers.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:01 pm
Second Year

thank GOD Samantha Harris isn't coming back! She was horrible. haha.
And I still can't believe that Kate Gosselin is going to be on there! its crazy! But I'm excited to see Evan Lysacek; He's so cute.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

POTTERMORE SORTED
Old March 16th, 2010, 2:33 am
Registered Animagus

Lacey is doing a series of interviews with the contestants on E!

Old March 19th, 2010, 2:07 pm
Sixth Year

I'm so disappointed about the pros that are missing. As long as Derek, Mark, and Cheryl are still around, I'll watch them but the others I'm just not that interested in. Although I'm excited to see how Evan Lysacek does. Although now that one Olympian has lost (Natalie last season) I guess the pressure to win isn't quite as bad.

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old March 23rd, 2010, 6:29 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Well I watched it and thought it was fun for a first night. I thought Brooke did all right as the new co-host.

I'll just comment on Evan at this point, since I'm rooting for him. He did well with the V Waltz but I'm really worried for him in the Latin dances. I guess we'll see how much work he'll have to do in that regard after next week. Though come to think of it... I bet he could do a killer Paso...

Old March 23rd, 2010, 11:36 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by boushh View Post
Well I watched it and thought it was fun for a first night. I thought Brooke did all right as the new co-host.

I'll just comment on Evan at this point, since I'm rooting for him. He did well with the V Waltz but I'm really worried for him in the Latin dances. I guess we'll see how much work he'll have to do in that regard after next week. Though come to think of it... I bet he could do a killer Paso...
I'm would like to see Evan do a Paso. Yes, that would fit him well. I heard Len was worse than usual last night. I'm still not watching, although as soon as ABC puts up the individual dances, I'll watch a couple of the stars on youtube.

Old March 24th, 2010, 3:11 am
Second Year

I'm really glad Evan Lysacek is on there this season. He's real cute.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

POTTERMORE SORTED
Old March 24th, 2010, 9:24 am
Sixth Year

I caved and watched most of it. I didn't see the last few dancers, but I saw enough.

Len started the night off being relatively considerate, but he got pretty rude by the end of the night.

I'll just comment on a few of the dances that I remember:

Cheryl and Chad: Chad's got rhythm but at this point, I don't think he has Emmit's potential. We'll see how he does in the future. He could go far, but he'll have to improve a lot to win.

Buzz and Ashley: Oh, poor poor Buzz. The man is 80, what is he doing on this show? He'll survive for a couple of weeks because he's adorable but hopefully we don't lose better dancers to him. That was really bad, he wasn't even on beat.

Nicole and Derek: Their dance was beautiful. Unfortunately for them, Len never likes Derek's choreography. He told Nicole that she didn't have any musicality or technique while Bruno and Carrie Ann raved about her beautiful lines and flow. She got two 9's in week one! How often does that happen?? She will go far.

Evan and Anna T: That was a great V Waltz. I agree with what others have said, I'm not sure how he'll on on the latin dances. The Waltz seems to have been right up his alley no matter what he says about spinning in the opposite direction and having to dance with someone instead of alone. The Latin dances will be entirely different from anything he's ever done.

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old March 27th, 2010, 7:01 pm
Registered Animagus

I just watched the few that interested me.

Chelsie, of course. I thought Jake did very well, and Chelsie should have given him more difficult choreo.

Shannen and Mark. Boy was she nervous. She's gotten pretty plump, too. Fantastic choreo from Mark. She did pretty well with it, considering.

Evan and Anna T. My favorite waltz music since Benji and Donyelle danced to it in sytycd's Magic Season 2. I would have expected smoother moves and transitions from Evan since he's a figure skater, but I guess that can work against him, too. He doesn't have that glide to carry him along.

Old March 27th, 2010, 7:30 pm
Second Year

There's no doubt that he's a great skater, but I've never been a fan of Evan Lysacek's skating (just personal taste), so I'm not the biggest fan of his dancing either.

I'm still surprised that Kate Gosselin has gone from Jon & Kate Plus Eight to Dancing with the Stars.

Proud supporter of: HWRKDJCKQ. I have yet to figure out what that means.
Old March 28th, 2010, 7:02 am
Fifth Year

Was I the only one who enjoyed Erin & Maksim enough to comment on it? Because I thought it was delightful, and cast my votes for them as well as for Nicole&Derek and for Evan&Anna.

Edyta made me angry, though; during the interview and studio clips, I was thinking she & Aidan would be great together. I thought I saw a lot of potential for a super sizzling hot performance, but then she pulled that goofy trick of using her star as a prop for the pro to dance around!

"You don't ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance--You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and *continues* to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go."
~Danielle Koepke~
~~~ ~~~
Old March 28th, 2010, 8:33 pm
Registered Animagus

I watched part of the backstage interviews with Brooke. She needs to get over that annoying habit of interrupting the dancers before they've finished answering her question.

Old March 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Registered Animagus

I tried to watch it tonight. I really did. But Kate G? Come on. And why invite octogenarians on the show only to trash them when they can't keep up? I think Buzz did better than Kate.

Brook did okay tonight from the little I saw, and she knows how to wear an evening dress, unlike SH.

Old March 30th, 2010, 5:49 am
Curse Breaker

I think it was a wash and Buzz has considerable audience sympathy. Kate does not. Scherzinger seems to have proven herself a frontrunner in these early stages, but I thought it was a bit early in the day for two tens.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old March 30th, 2010, 3:51 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
I think it was a wash and Buzz has considerable audience sympathy. Kate does not.
TB said at the beginning of the show that if the eliminations were based only on last week's votes, there would have been a major upset. That says to me that the bottom of the leaderboard got more than enough votes to stay. Those sympathy votes took away from somebody who everyone thought was safe; not necessarily the front runner.

Quote:
Scherzinger seems to have proven herself a frontrunner in these early stages, but I thought it was a bit early in the day for two tens.
Agreed. Last season was quite far gone before anyone got tens.

Old March 30th, 2010, 4:57 pm
Curse Breaker

There have been times when tens made an early appearance, but the only performer that sticks out in my head as an early ten deserver is Kristy Yamaguchi (I hope I spelled that correctly).

Old March 30th, 2010, 5:34 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

I agree that the judges should be a bit kinder to Buzz.

I was also bugged by the attitudes of some of the "celeb" contestants. They need to trust in their partners, especially those that have been on the show for a while. They not only know what they are doing in their professional lives, but also what it takes to teach people for this show.

Also, I never realized that the people coming on the show get to request their partners. That was news to me.

Old March 30th, 2010, 6:46 pm
Curse Breaker

Sometimes they can request, sometimes the producers have their own ideas--I think this time, it was a request that matched their intuition, so they honored it.

Old March 31st, 2010, 1:12 am
Registered Animagus

As we speak (or I type), Lacey and Dmitry are choreographing the pro numbers for Monday and Tuesday.

Old March 31st, 2010, 2:32 pm
Fifth Year

Cool. I miss Lacey a little and Dmitry a lot!

And I was surprised by a couple comments by Derek & Nicole: they don't choose the music, either. I hadn't been aware of that. I'd been complaining about the pros choosing bad music, but what they're doing is choreo to whatever the producers throw at them? Who knew? Is this old information, and only people who started watching late in the game (like, in Season 7) were clueless?

"You don't ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance--You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and *continues* to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go."
~Danielle Koepke~
~~~ ~~~

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives