Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

General Anime Q&A Thread

Old August 26th, 2009, 8:35 am
She Who Walks Behind

General Anime Q&A Thread

There are zillions of anime around and making threads for each of them is for sure over the top.

This thread is there to ask simple questions about anime.
Questions like:
  • I saw this anime many years ago and I don't remember the title. Help please?
  • How many episodes are there in Inuyasha?
If you happen to stumble over this forum, being clueless about the whole anime business you might also ask yourself:
  • What IS anime and what is the difference to manga?
  • My daughter says she likes shonen ai. What is that?
Simply a thread about anime related things, where own threads would be a waste of space.

The End of the Dream.
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:40 pm
Registered Animagus

Re: General Anime Q&A Thread

I saw the first episode of an anime at a con earlier this year but cant remember what it's called. There was a boy moving into a flat for college and there's this 'weird' woman who lives next door. The city is surrounded by a giant wall or something and this woman is part of some organisation that is guarding something and there's this other group of 'baddies' after what she's got. One of the people in her group turned out to be evil and attacked her. She runs away and runs into her new neighbour. This 'bad guy' finds them and throws the boy onto the railway tracks.

If that sounds familiar to anyone, please tell me, it's driving me crazy.

Old August 27th, 2009, 4:22 am
She Who Walks Behind

I thought about it and I can't come up with any anime that fits your description.

The only anime I know where a guy, moved into a flat and has a neighbour who keeps secrets and about an organisation, is Chobits. But the other things you mention doesn't fit in there.

The End of the Dream.
Old September 19th, 2009, 7:52 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
I saw the first episode of an anime at a con earlier this year but cant remember what it's called. There was a boy moving into a flat for college and there's this 'weird' woman who lives next door. The city is surrounded by a giant wall or something and this woman is part of some organisation that is guarding something and there's this other group of 'baddies' after what she's got. One of the people in her group turned out to be evil and attacked her. She runs away and runs into her new neighbour. This 'bad guy' finds them and throws the boy onto the railway tracks.

Now that's going to drive me crazy too. I know I've heard of that, but I can't remember the name.

Old March 10th, 2010, 2:07 pm
First Year

Does anyone know this anime?

all i know is there's two teenagers they always with this ghost dogs, fighting monsters, and always attack with somekind of magic box. sorry thats all i know if you guys know this thanks a bunch in the future.

Old March 17th, 2010, 8:37 am
She Who Walks Behind

Re: Does anyone know this anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangerpola View Post
all i know is there's two teenagers they always with this ghost dogs, fighting monsters, and always attack with somekind of magic box. sorry thats all i know if you guys know this thanks a bunch in the future.
This doesn´t ring a bell here so far. Is it more a whole series or a movie? And do you remember when it came out?

The End of the Dream.
Old December 8th, 2010, 8:27 am
Banned

I have a question: does Dream Theater's music video for Forsaken count as anime?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7oH6Ku27Us

It was produced by Gonzo.

Last edited by APolaris; December 8th, 2010 at 8:30 am.
Old December 30th, 2011, 2:17 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post

Ok, I know this is a really late response . But (unless you've already found it after these few years), I believe the anime you're looking for is Darker Than Black...

Last edited by JohanT; December 30th, 2011 at 2:23 pm.
Old May 30th, 2012, 8:30 am
First Year

Question: Revival/bumping an old thread (if there is an old thread), is that more favorable than creating a new thread? Ah, never mind ... it seems my topic doesn't exist ...

Anyone interested in discussing Pandora Hearts, 1/2 Prince, Full Metal Alchemist, or just rearing to go with discussion of a specific anime? Cause I so do enjoy my anime ... but sadly seems the section is relatively ... lagging in activity, ;________; I so love anime. Hm.

Old May 30th, 2012, 8:35 am
She Who Walks Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8 View Post
Question: Revival/bumping an old thread (if there is an old thread), is that more favorable than creating a new thread? Ah, never mind ... it seems my topic doesn't exist ...

Anyone interested in discussing Pandora Hearts, 1/2 Prince, Full Metal Alchemist, or just rearing to go with discussion of a specific anime? Cause I so do enjoy my anime ... but sadly seems the section is relatively ... lagging in activity, ;________; I so love anime. Hm.
Always bump an old thread. Dupe threads will be closed and merged with the old one anyway.

There must be a Full Metal Alchemist thread. I'd be very surprised if not.

As for the others, either create a new thread for each of them or use general threads like Anime Recommendations etc to discuss them.

Ha there Fullmetal Alchemist

The End of the Dream.
Old May 30th, 2012, 4:58 pm
First Year

I hadn't searched for Full Metal Alchemist yet, I actually had only searched for Pandora Hearts anime with no results - as for the latter listed interests, there's little point reviving a dead thread if no one will discuss it with me, xD I'd rather just leave continuing to lie where its at for the time being.

Anyway, thankye very much, Tenshi.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime