Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Wolf's Rain

Old July 24th, 2009, 1:34 am
First Year

Wolf's Rain

By far one of the best anime's I have ever seen. The story of four (or five if you count the hybrid wolfdog, Blue) wolves trying to reach Paradise--a place only wolves can find on Earth in a time when the world is pretty much ending.

Has anyone else seen this anime? What did you think of it? Who is your favourite character and why?

As for me, I honestly have to say I like Toboe the most--he's so cute and innocent; just a child. That and I like Blue for her strength of will and attitude. xD

So yeah, thoughts?

GRYFFINDOR
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2009, 6:53 am
Third Year

Re: Wolf's Rain

I don't remember it as well as I use to, but I did enjoy the series back when it was playing on Adult Swim. Very different, with interesting characters and I always loved the ending theme

While fitting, I remember the last 4 episodes had me crying like a baby (well, the first 2 of the last four... I was just hollow by the last 2). I didn't hate the ending, but I wasn't really satisfied with it either.

My favorite character was actually a human - I loved Hub =) Toboe was probably my favorite wolf though.

I'm going to have to go out and rewatch it again one of these days...

You've got to make the effort, and love every moment of it
Old July 27th, 2009, 5:10 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_G135 View Post
I don't remember it as well as I use to, but I did enjoy the series back when it was playing on Adult Swim. Very different, with interesting characters and I always loved the ending theme

While fitting, I remember the last 4 episodes had me crying like a baby (well, the first 2 of the last four... I was just hollow by the last 2). I didn't hate the ending, but I wasn't really satisfied with it either.

My favorite character was actually a human - I loved Hub =) Toboe was probably my favorite wolf though.

I'm going to have to go out and rewatch it again one of these days...
xD Yes, Hub was awesome. I felt so bad for him at the end when he had to watch Cher... D: That was horrible.

I totally agree, though... the last four episodes were oddly fitting, but they were so depressing. I was not really satisfied with it. :\

GRYFFINDOR
Old November 19th, 2009, 7:49 pm
First Year

I really enjoyed watching Wolf's Rain. The animation was really nice imo, the plot was interesting, the characters were great. Wolves in general are great and the anime is something different, not stereotype at all. I really liked the idea of only wolves being able to find Paradise. There were many sad moments but I think they fit the story well. The ending wasn't really a happy ending, but it wasn't a bad ending either. It's kind of complicated imo.
Spoiler: show
They all died, and the world ended. But it didn't end forever, they made the beginning of a new world possible, and I guess when they died they found Paradise. It's still really tragic how it all ended (or began?) though.

Old September 19th, 2011, 4:03 am
Second Year

I haven't thought about this show in forever. It was pretty good but it's not one of my favorites.

Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Power will leave you heartless, Drugs will leave you senseless, Alcohol leaves you breathless, Money will leave you joyless, Suicide will leave you lifeless, Jesus won't leave you REGARDLESS.
Old December 4th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Sixth Year

I love this series, my favourite characters are the same as yours, echo1034- Toboe and Blue. I like Toboe because he was so positive despite his hardships and he acted as the glue that brought everyone together. I liked Blue because she was such a striking character and so torn between two different worlds, I really felt for her struggle. She was also refreshing as a female character that didn't easily fit into many of the stereotypes you see in anime.

I loved the animation and the music (Yoko Kanno <3 ) but wish there was something extra at the end, especially for the characters who we were not sure whether they could get into paradise or not.

Old December 5th, 2011, 2:19 am
First Year

I really like the anime, and I especially love the soundtrack! <3

I can't decide on one favourite character; I like Hubb very much, he's a very realistic character, if I can say it like that. I totally can imagine that there are actually guys like that somewhere, which is not always the case with fictional charcters.

From the wolves, I like Toboe, Tsume and Hige...I never came to like Kiba very much, he rather annoys me most of the time. I guess if I have to decide on one favourite of them, I would pick Hige; he always remembered me of my first dog xDD

And I definetely like Blue very much. But also Quent, he was an interesting character as well.

The ending was...well, heartbreaking .___.
But I liked it, after I overcame the first shock xD

Old December 12th, 2012, 5:26 pm
First Year

One of my friends let me borrow the box set of the show and I fell in love with it! I think Hige was my favorite character, because, if I remember correctly, he sort of provided the comic relief for the show, which I haven't seen the in long time but would love to see again. I remember the ending sort of put me in the mind of how the Dark Tower series ended.

Old December 14th, 2012, 10:13 am
First Year

The animation was really great, and the characters worked well for me. - Not only the wolves, but also the other ones, especially Hubb and Quent somehow won my heart

The soundtrack is indeed great and touching an everything.

And the ending is just omg-all-this-feelings ._.'

But I agree, this anime is outstanding in some way.
Oh, and I haven't decided on a favourite character yet - I guess I would pick Blue and Hige. Together <3

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime