Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Glee

Old October 10th, 2009, 9:06 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Re: Glee

I didn't know they expanded the rules. I was volunteering for a womens group who helped women in domestic abuse situations file for divorce a few years ago, and at that time there was no ruling for it. It was one of the things the lawyer volunteers were fighting for. Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it.

Who would have thought that Glee would bring up such a heavy discussion.

I love that they're still showing Emma in her plastic gloves. I wonder if she buys them by the case.

Old October 10th, 2009, 10:58 pm
Curse Breaker

Um, actually given the fractious relationships in the show, it's not all that far-fetched. Still, it's more fun to think about the musical numbers and the politics of high school and high school administration than possibly doomed marriages.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old October 11th, 2009, 1:56 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrowGhoul View Post
How is she going to hide the fact that she has Quinn's baby? Quinn is talking about maternity clothes (and everyone already knows anyway), so it will be obvious that she, at least, is pregnant.
I'm not sure how this will play out. Eventually, I think Quinn will ending up keeping the baby, but perhaps they planned to have Quinn say she had a miscarriage and somehow get the bably to Terri without Will noticing. Good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
I do think that Will and Terri won't last, that he will find out she's faking. And how in the world has he not seen or touched her naked belly????
It's probably "not good for the baby".

Just a few questions that I have:

A lot of people support Will/Emma because they feel that Terri doesn't deserve him (not limiting this support to this thread but to Glee fans everywhere), but technically what they are doing is bordering on adultery (which is mentioned earlier in this thread). If we had seen this situation from a completely objective view, what would be the general concensus about what is right and what is wrong?

Do you think that Will should have been held responsible for what Terri did when he truly didn't know what was going on?

Terri has been giving all of these things to Quinn for the baby. But she seems rather clueless about medical things and the like, she even asked Quinn if the baby "was coming now". Could she be harming the baby without even knowing it?

Twins on a Train
Working With the Weasleys
No Chance
Runaway

Proud member of OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Old October 11th, 2009, 2:28 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Finn and his ardor-calming memory.
Thanks.

Quote:
(I thought I'd try to get off the heavy divorce topic)
Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
Um, actually given the fractious relationships in the show, it's not all that far-fetched. Still, it's more fun to think about the musical numbers and the politics of high school and high school administration than possibly doomed marriages.
It's a "wild and whacky" show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchsmart View Post
I'm not sure how this will play out. Eventually, I think Quinn will ending up keeping the baby, but perhaps they planned to have Quinn say she had a miscarriage and somehow get the bably to Terri without Will noticing. Good luck with that.
I think she'll decide to keep the baby.

Quote:
It's probably "not good for the baby".
He's just as clueless as Finn.

Quote:
A lot of people support Will/Emma because they feel that Terri doesn't deserve him (not limiting this support to this thread but to Glee fans everywhere), but technically what they are doing is bordering on adultery (which is mentioned earlier in this thread). If we had seen this situation from a completely objective view, what would be the general concensus about what is right and what is wrong?
If this were a daytime soaper, I think it would be seen as the prelude to an adulterous affair. On Glee, I guess we have to look at it as just one more quirky relationship.

Quote:
Do you think that Will should have been held responsible for what Terri did when he truly didn't know what was going on?
No, he shouldn't have been. You can be held responsible for what your child does, but not for what another adult does.

Quote:
Terri has been giving all of these things to Quinn for the baby. But she seems rather clueless about medical things and the like, she even asked Quinn if the baby "was coming now". Could she be harming the baby without even knowing it?
So far, I think the only thing she's given Quinn is pre-natal vitamins. She's refused to help with medical bills or buy her maternity clothes. What the heck, she can just let out the seams on her cheerleader uniform.

At least Terri gave her folic acid and not Sudafed.

Last edited by Desraelda; October 11th, 2009 at 2:41 am.
Old October 11th, 2009, 5:02 am
Curse Breaker

For the explaination on the Terri problem vs. the hypothetical Will/Emma pairing. A lot of mismatched fictional spouses (husbands AND wives) mistreat their partners not out of malicious intent, but because they don't know any better or are frustrated or have some sort of condition (either from the way they were raised) or genetics that they just can't help. It would be different if Terri were JUST compulsive, manic, or taqctless--or if she were just compulsive, manic AND tactless. In either case, she would feel real love for Will, and would just be prevented by circumstances beyond her control from expressing it properly. She would be seem a bit overbearing, but worthwhile and her situation would provoke sympathy, even if she ended up playing the villain. However, that's not what we have here. It seems that Terri considers Will an object or possession instead of a partner. He's there to serve her needs, to raise her status, to cater to her. That should be fulfilling enough for him. In that context, fighting for him is rather like a child fighting to keep a favorite toy or control a pet. It's not a partnership, it's not healthy, and it's not a worthwhile basis for a marriage. In the end, both she and Will will be and are victimized by her own egocentrism. It's better for both of them to end the marriage than to be miserable.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old October 11th, 2009, 3:00 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post

No, he shouldn't have been. You can be held responsible for what your child does, but not for what another adult does.
It was not because of what Terri did. It was because he set a bad example for his students, and put too much pressure on them to perform. As a high school teacher, he should have been aware of the changes in his students and questioned the source. Teachers are given training to spot things like chemical abuse. He failed to recognize it.

2nd place, Nicest Member; 1st place, Hogsmeade Member of the Year

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old October 12th, 2009, 1:21 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Teachers are given training to spot things like chemical abuse. He failed to recognize it.
I don't mean to argue here, but I just finished all my courses for a teaching certificate and I was not given any particular training in how to spot chemical abuse. I think that Will was just seeing what he wanted to see instead of what was really happening. The guys at least seemed just alert and spurred on by the competition. The girls however, looked totally frantic and really strange, so there was definitely something to notice there. However, as I said before, I think Will was just seeing what he wanted to see. I think that the setup he had was definitely one that should have spurred on healthy competition. None of the kids went looking for artificial perkiness at the outset as result of the competition - it was offered to them.

Old October 12th, 2009, 1:25 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell View Post
I don't mean to argue here, but I just finished all my courses for a teaching certificate and I was not given any particular training in how to spot chemical abuse. I think that Will was just seeing what he wanted to see instead of what was really happening. The guys at least seemed just alert and spurred on by the competition. The girls however, looked totally frantic and really strange, so there was definitely something to notice there. However, as I said before, I think Will was just seeing what he wanted to see. I think that the setup he had was definitely one that should have spurred on healthy competition. None of the kids went looking for artificial perkiness at the outset as result of the competition - it was offered to them.
Really? My sister is a teacher and she has had training, as have all of the teachers in my kids' school.

I agree with you, though, Will saw what he wanted to see. I just argue the point that he was being punished for what his wife did.

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old October 12th, 2009, 3:08 am

Quote:
It was not because of what Terri did. It was because he set a bad example for his students, and put too much pressure on them to perform. As a high school teacher, he should have been aware of the changes in his students and questioned the source.
Oh the irony of having Sue step in and be the responsible coach because Will is putting the kids under too much pressure. Love it.

As for the Emma/Will/Terri thing - in almost any working situation you'll find innocent flirtations. It's all a matter if you act on them or not. At the end of the day Will is psyched to go home to his psycho wife and have a family with her.

But I think he's going to be pretty devistated when he learns the truth about the preggers situation.

Old October 12th, 2009, 3:10 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Oh the irony of having Sue step in and be the responsible coach because Will is putting the kids under too much pressure. Love it.
She is definitely one of the most amusing characters on the show. I can't wait to watch what she does next.

Old October 12th, 2009, 3:21 am
Sixth Year

You have to feel sorry for Will. He keeps trying all these different ways to make Glee club work, but they keep failing him.

Twins on a Train
Working With the Weasleys
No Chance
Runaway

Proud member of OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)

Last edited by witchsmart; October 12th, 2009 at 3:32 am.
Old October 12th, 2009, 3:30 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I wonder when he will figure out that it is going to take more than reviving his glory days with 90's music.

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old October 13th, 2009, 7:37 pm

Quote:
I wonder when he will figure out that it is going to take more than reviving his glory days with 90's music.
At least he's past the disco.

Old October 14th, 2009, 4:18 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

This episode was great. We didn't get a lot of songs this time, but Sue's journal and Finn's voice-over were hysterical. I also loved the boys' mash-up and Finn's crazy dancing.

I think Emma saying yes to the engagement is a huge mistake and totally unfair to Ken. He really seems to like her, but she's just saying yes for lack of a better option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I really liked both smash ups of the songs. Those were very well done. I wonder who will win and get to choose the musical number for sectionals? I hope that comes out next week.
I thought both of those mash-ups were out the window when Will discovered they were dosing when they created those.
Quote:
Are we sure she's given up the job-behind-a-desk plan or is she just tabling it for now under extreme pressure
Good question. I think she's only backing off now because she's afraid of pushing things and Will finding out about the fake pregnancy.
Quote:
It seems that Terri considers Will an object or possession instead of a partner. He's there to serve her needs, to raise her status, to cater to her. That should be fulfilling enough for him. In that context, fighting for him is rather like a child fighting to keep a favorite toy or control a pet. It's not a partnership, it's not healthy, and it's not a worthwhile basis for a marriage. In the end, both she and Will will be and are victimized by her own egocentrism. It's better for both of them to end the marriage than to be miserable.
Agreed. I don't think Terri actually loves Will, just the idea of someone to cater to her every whim.

Old October 15th, 2009, 3:05 am
Registered Animagus

Best Ep yet. Sue was in top form, Will is breaking out. They were so good together. Terri's sister, Kendra was so smarmy. Loved it all, especially Will standing up to Terri and Sue. But Sue was the absolute best tonight. Hilarious.

The music was outstanding. When Rachel and Finn started singing No Air, all I could think of was Katee and Joshua on sytycd doing a lyrical hip-hop to that music. And then Keep Holding On was Benji and Donyelle's first waltz. All choked up.

I loved every musical number tonight. They were all fantastic.

Correction: It wasn't Benji and Donyelle's waltz. It was Danny and Lacey who danced to Keep Holding On.

Old October 15th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Third Year

I loved the Keep Holding On segment. I wanted to cry. It was so sweet, and touching. It gave me goosebumps. That was definetly my favorite Glee moment.

Well, that and "And that's how Sue "c"'s it!"

Deathly Hallows Part 2 almost made me a Snape-fan. . .almost. But then I re-read Deathly Hallows and I came back to my senses and the world was the way it's supposed to be.
Old October 15th, 2009, 2:20 pm
Sixth Year

I loved last night's ep. The whole showdown between Will and Sue was epic and well played out. I also liked Will's confrontation with Terri, though I think the doctor who did the ultrasound shouldn't be going along with this fake pregnancy thing.

All of the songs they used in this ep were awesome, especially No Air and Keep Holding On.

I can't wait to see what happens next week.

Old October 15th, 2009, 4:13 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krums_Girl View Post
I loved the Keep Holding On segment. I wanted to cry. It was so sweet, and touching. It gave me goosebumps. That was definetly my favorite Glee moment.
It was so sweet! I really like Quinn, I wish she hadn't lied to Finn.

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old October 15th, 2009, 4:24 pm

Quote:
I really like Quinn, I wish she hadn't lied to Finn.
Seriously, I was feeling bad for her by the end of the episode. It's hard to remember that she's stringing Finn along.

I can't believe Will hasn't grabbed her Terri's belly yet. When is that throwdown going to happen? But we did get foreshadowing of it when they were at the OB's and she said 'no matter what happens remember that we love each other' or whatever it was.

Sue was awesome in this episode.

And is is me or did they use a different filming style this time? It seemed to be more faux documentary style than it has been in the past with shaky camera shots.

Old October 15th, 2009, 4:29 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Seriously, I was feeling bad for her by the end of the episode. It's hard to remember that she's stringing Finn along.

I can't believe Will hasn't grabbed her Terri's belly yet. When is that throwdown going to happen? But we did get foreshadowing of it when they were at the OB's and she said 'no matter what happens remember that we love each other' or whatever it was.

Sue was awesome in this episode.

And is is me or did they use a different filming style this time? It seemed to be more faux documentary style than it has been in the past with shaky camera shots.
I thought that was just my faulty internet connection!

The fighting voiceovers was hilarious.

I don't know if Terri's line was so much foreshadowing, or a desperate attempt to keep his love after the truth comes out. I agree, it is incredible that he hasn't figured it out already. Most husbands at the very least lift the shirt a bit to talk to the belly.

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives