Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Glee

Old September 28th, 2009, 3:39 am
Second Year

Re: Glee

I have only seen the pilot, and I liked it very much, especially the kids, the teacher not so much, and the actress that plays his wife, she´s in a lot of shows so not so excited about that, but eveything together seems to be very fun, I´m looking foward to see the hold season

Old September 28th, 2009, 5:01 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

I finally watched this week's episode. It was good but not as great as Acafellas. I did love the football team's dance and the scene with Kurt and his dad was wonderful. I was so happy when his dad said the exact opposite of what we expected him to say.

Old September 29th, 2009, 10:08 pm
Fifth Year

I hope this is on Hulu, I wanted to try watching this...

Old September 30th, 2009, 12:36 am
Sixth Year

I really like Glee and the songs that they do, and the comedy is great! On the latest epidose the scene with Kurt and the football team was hilarious, even if it wasn't realistic.

I really think that Rachel is becoming a bit of a drama queen. She takes every little thing so personally, and I think that she needs to learn that she's not the only person in the spotlight, IMHO.

I'm very interested to see how the storyline with Quinn's baby and the teacher's wife goes, imagine how awkward that would be for the child learning about its parents if Quinn went through with it!
"Hey so you know how your mom and dad are Will and Terri Schuester? Well actually they're not your parents, your "mom" just got you from your real mom Quinn because her husband believed that she was pregnant already even though she really wasn't but she didn't want to tell him that and your real mom was only a teenager and she couldn't deal with the pressure a baby would cause on her teen life even though her boyfriend Finn would have been very supportive of you both even though he's not the father either because your mom cheated on him with his best friend except he doesn't know it so he thinks that you're his son even though you're really not. Got all that?"

Twins on a Train
Working With the Weasleys
No Chance
Runaway

Proud member of OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Old September 30th, 2009, 6:31 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

I just watched last weeks episode, and thought it was great. The show keeps getting stronger and stronger. Aside from how Sue C's it, there weren't a lot of laughs until the end. But when the football team started dancing I was laughing out loud. My husband in the other room yelled out 'nothing can be that funny.' But it totally was. From the game to the end was all just perfect.

I agree with what everyone has said previously - there is no way they can keep the baby charade up. And getting pregnant in a hot tub, 'we were wearing swim suits' is one of the oldest myths out there. And was Quinn wearing a cheerleader bathing suit?

We'll see where it goes with other football player (can't remember his name) and Quinn. It will be interesting to see which couple they break up by the end of the season - because you know they're not both going to make it through.

Oh, how could I forget the principal's secret. I love how Will said 'What does she have on you?'

Oh and the guidence counselor and Football coach (I'm terrible with names today!) they're almost making a cute couple...

Old October 1st, 2009, 3:05 am
Registered Animagus

Another winning episode. Nothing laugh out loud like last week, but some absolutely fabulous singing ... Rachel and April, April and Will, Rachel and Finn (who can sing but moves like an elephant stomping ants).

I was quite impressed with the guidance counselor tonight. She was pretty sure of herself and tough on Will.

Old October 1st, 2009, 5:09 am
Sixth Year

I really enjoyed tonights episode. The singing was fantastic and (hopefully) Rachel finally came back down to Earth from her trip into "the spotlight". And I loved April's character, drunk and sober.

The series seems rather choppy to me though. Perhaps it's because there hasn't really been much linking the episodes (aside from the baby plotline), but I just feel like every episode is completely new and unrrelated to the previous ones, IMHO.

Oh and the preview:
Spoiler: show
With the gym coach proposing to the guidance counselor. I have a feeling that she is going to say yes, because quite honestly it would be too boring if she didn't, and that way she can duck out of it at the last minute in future episodes.

Twins on a Train
No Chance
Runaway

Old October 1st, 2009, 6:08 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
And was Quinn wearing a cheerleader bathing suit?
It's so ridiculous how the cheerios are constantly wearing their uniforms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post
Another winning episode. Nothing laugh out loud like last week, but some absolutely fabulous singing ... Rachel and April, April and Will, Rachel and Finn
The songs were absolutely amazing! Loved the one with April and Rachel. Kristen Chenoweth has such a phenominally beautiful voice. And the last one the Glee club did sounded like a real show choir song for the first time. It was great! Totally different feel to the songs on this episode, but I loved them still.

I couldn't believe how sneaky and underhanded Finn was when he was trying to get Rachel to rejoin Glee. But I'm glad she finally seemed to realize she was being a ridiculous diva. There weren't a ton of laugh out loud moments, but when Kurt called the counselor Bambi! That was hilarious!

Old October 1st, 2009, 1:40 pm
Sixth Year

I loved this episode. Not a lot of funny moments, but the songs were spectacular. I hope Kristin Chenowith stays around. I had heard that she'll be in a few episodes, and I hope it's true. I loved hearing April and Will sing as well as Finn and Rachel and April and Rachel doing that duet. That was cool because both have strong voices. All in all, this was a great ep. I just wish there had been more funny moments, but that's okay. Maybe there'll be some good ones next week.

I also agree that Emma (the guidance counselor) should say yes to the coach because then it'll heighten more drama. I think Will likes Emma a lot more than his own wife.

Old October 1st, 2009, 3:07 pm
Second Year

Last night was the first time I saw the show; after two of my friends recommended it and I saw this thread, I just decided to ditch America's Next Top Model last night to watch Glee, and boy, I am so happy with my decision! I was bouncing with my excitement when they said that Kristen Chenoweth was guest starring because I loved her from Wicked. And although Rachel bugged me a little bit (I thought she was a bit cocky) she did remind me of Idina Menzel when she was singing the first song with April. That "duet" between them reminded me a lot of Wicked! I'm a little confused about the plot with the baby (I seriously have no idea who is pregnant; I just know somebody is) but I'm sure it's just because I haven't watched the previous episodes; I'm hoping that it will fall more into place as the show goes on and I continue watching it.

Old October 1st, 2009, 3:59 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanduhrae View Post
Last night was the first time I saw the show; after two of my friends recommended it and I saw this thread, I just decided to ditch America's Next Top Model last night to watch Glee, and boy, I am so happy with my decision! I was bouncing with my excitement when they said that Kristen Chenoweth was guest starring because I loved her from Wicked. And although Rachel bugged me a little bit (I thought she was a bit cocky) she did remind me of Idina Menzel when she was singing the first song with April. That "duet" between them reminded me a lot of Wicked! I'm a little confused about the plot with the baby (I seriously have no idea who is pregnant; I just know somebody is) but I'm sure it's just because I haven't watched the previous episodes; I'm hoping that it will fall more into place as the show goes on and I continue watching it.
So glad you found this show. We're all loving it.

Will's wife (don't know her name, don't care) told him she was pregnant and then found out she wasn't. She knows if he finds out, their shaky marriage goes into the dumpster. Quinn, the cheerleader, is pregnant, and Will's wife wants her baby to pass off as hers and Will's. Quinn, who is the president of the school's celibacy club, fooled her boyfriend, Finn, into thinking the baby was his, but the father is really Puck, the guy with the flat Mohawk.

Confusing enough?

I agree with everyone that the guidance counselor should accept the coach's marriage proposal. It'll make things very interesting.

I also wish the cheerleaders would quit wearing their uniforms. I almost didn't recognize them in the final act with the blue shirts.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 2:49 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Will's wife (don't know her name, don't care) told him she was pregnant and then found out she wasn't. She knows if he finds out, their shaky marriage goes into the dumpster. Quinn, the cheerleader, is pregnant, and Will's wife wants her baby to pass off as hers and Will's. Quinn, who is the president of the school's celibacy club, fooled her boyfriend, Finn, into thinking the baby was his, but the father is really Puck, the guy with the flat Mohawk.
His name is Puck?

Twins on a Train
No Chance
Runaway

Old October 3rd, 2009, 3:19 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchsmart View Post
His name is Puck?
I was going to make the same exact comment! I heard it, and it nearly sounded like something else, so I was scratching my head a bit.

I liked that they finally showed them rehearsing a song from one of the older episodes, it helped with the continuity issues.

I am annoyed that they're not moving this baby plot along with- I want it over and done with, and not to be some season ender cliff-hanger.

April was pure brilliance - fantastic singing voice, and funny too. For a minute or two I was thinking she was Amy Poehler with a voice.

Loved seeing drunk Kurt, and Emma going to the ER for 4 decontamination showers.

Old October 3rd, 2009, 4:26 am

Quote:
Puck? Quinn and Finn. The names of the "cool kids" are so hilarious! I think one of the cheerleaders in the glee club is named Santana or something like that.

Old October 3rd, 2009, 2:02 pm
Registered Animagus

Here's the cast and character list from IMDB. Puck's last name is Puckerman. Darn, now I have to remember Will's wife's name.

Dianna Agron Quinn Fabray
Chris Colfer... Kurt Hummel
Jessalyn Gilsig... Terri Schuester
Jane Lynch... Sue Sylvester
Jayma Mays... Emma Pillsbury
Kevin McHale... Artie Abrams
Lea Michele... Rachel Berry
Cory Monteith... Finn Hudson
Matthew Morrison... Will Schuester
Amber Riley... Mercedes Jones
Mark Salling... Noah Puckerman/ ...
Jenna Ushkowitz... Tina Cohen-Chang
Heather Elizabeth Morris... Brittany
Naya Rivera... Santana Lopez
Dijon Talton... Matt Rutherford
Patrick Gallagher... Ken Tanaka
Iqbal Theba... Principal Figgins
Harry Shum Jr.... Mike Chang

Old October 4th, 2009, 1:59 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
April was pure brilliance - fantastic singing voice, and funny too. For a minute or two I was thinking she was Amy Poehler with a voice.
Me too!

Twins on a Train
No Chance
Runaway

Old October 4th, 2009, 5:11 pm
Registered Animagus

Fox Movie Channel had a segment on Glee and how it got started. They showed some of the auditions.

Lea (Rachel) got into an accident on the way there, which totaled her car. Fortunately, she was okay, but she showed up at the audition still picking glass out of her hair. She did the audition anyway and she was great.

Finn's audition consisted of a tape with him using pencils and cans as drums to show he had rhythm and him singing. He didn't want them to know he couldn't dance. We noticed anyway. But he is a drummer.

It was a good glimpse into the background of the show.

Old October 5th, 2009, 5:12 am

Quote:
Finn's audition consisted of a tape with him using pencils and cans as drums to show he had rhythm and him singing. He didn't want them to know he couldn't dance. We noticed anyway. But he is a drummer.
Yeah, he's an awkward dancer, but it's cute that Finn's not great at something.

Old October 5th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
Yeah, he's an awkward dancer, but it's cute that Finn's not great at something.
And somehow it makes him all the more charming!

Old October 6th, 2009, 12:51 am
Third Year

I love Finn

He's right up there with Scorpius Malfoy and Harry Potter

Deathly Hallows Part 2 almost made me a Snape-fan. . .almost. But then I re-read Deathly Hallows and I came back to my senses and the world was the way it's supposed to be.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives