Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Glee

Old September 11th, 2009, 3:55 am
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Re: Glee

I don't have a TV right now, so I'm watching everything online on hulu. There aren't any clips of upcoming episodes. I guess I'm going to have to be surprised!

Oh and
Spoiler: show
I can't wait to see the cheerios on the glee club and what that does for the dynamic, and I wonder who the other 3 spots will be taken by. Football guys I'm guessing.

Old September 11th, 2009, 4:01 am
Registered Animagus

I'm liking it and I'll continue to watch. The singing and dancing are very entertaining. The characters are pretty quirky, too.

Old September 12th, 2009, 3:25 am

Alright, it's a day after I watched the show and I'm still thinking about the teacher. He's pretty hot isn't he? At least during the Gold Digger song. Maybe I'll go watch that again.

Old September 12th, 2009, 4:10 pm
Third Year

I adore Glee. It has become one of my favourite shows already. The songs are great. I was really impressed with Gold Digger. Kanye would be proud.

Vincent Van Gogh: Hold my hand, Doctor. Try to see what I see. We're so lucky we're still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It's not dark and black, without character. The black is in fact deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blue and through the blueness and the blackness, the wind swirling through the air. And then shining, burning, bursting through through the stars. And you see how they throw their light. Everywhere we look, complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes.

The Doctor: I've seen many things, my friend, but you're right. Nothing... quite as wonderful as the things you see.
Old September 12th, 2009, 11:45 pm
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
Ms. Gilsig is being paid recurring money to play a shrill nonsensical shrew that on most shows would appear in the pilot and then disappear (break-up, divorce, infidelity, mental committment, Acme safe on the head, etc.).
Is Ms. Gilsig the wife? If so, I despise her character. I was really expecting Will to realize they were all wrong for each other and dump her in the pilot. Nearly every character is a total one-dimensional stereotype, but her's just grates on me. I can't stand her. And her sister is ten times worse!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vita View Post
I disliked how the characters were so stereotyped.
They are all stereotypes, but I feel like that's how they're supposed to be. It slightly bothers me, but it also works in this universe. There are a couple of characters who are slightly more developed. I love the main teacher and the main boy in the club. I'm also interested in the guidance couselor. The PE teacher's speech to her was sadly true, and it was surprising that she listened. I'm interested to see how that plays out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackAttack View Post
I liked their "Push It" dance and how the principal was dancing to it.
That was ridiculously hilarious!!! I was laughing so hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
He's pretty hot isn't he? At least during the Gold Digger song. Maybe I'll go watch that again.
That was a great scene! I live for the musical scenes in this show. And he his kinda cute in an unconventional way.

Old September 14th, 2009, 3:33 pm
Sixth Year

I love this show so much. It's awesome. I love the musical sequences, especially "Push It" and "Gold Digger." I'm not a fan of Kanye West, but I think the cast did a good job on that song. I also love the evil cheerleader coach. She's so mean. I just want to jump through the TV and smack her. The principal is hilarious, too, as are some of the Glee kids. I am now an official Gleek.

Old September 14th, 2009, 5:15 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
Is Ms. Gilsig the wife? If so, I despise her character. I was really expecting Will to realize they were all wrong for each other and dump her in the pilot.
Knew she wasn't preggers. I'm glad she at least cared enough about him to keep the apartment, but she didn't care enough to tell him there was no baby. Don't like her at all, but we have to have someone to rank on.

Old September 14th, 2009, 8:39 pm
Sixth Year

LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's real nice to see a GOOD new show on tv!

It's funny and just overall has a good script, and I love the music.

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart

Last edited by potterposse; September 14th, 2009 at 9:00 pm.
Old September 15th, 2009, 3:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post
Don't like her at all, but we have to have someone to rank on.
True. She is kind of the villain of the show, when you think about it. The cheer coach is too funny to really hate.

Old September 17th, 2009, 4:31 am
Registered Animagus

Good show tonight. Loved the Acafellas. Will was great and Coach was a big surprise.

And Mercy ... Woo-Hoo.

Breakin' the windshield was too funny.

Looks like that one cheerleader is going over to the Glee side.

I'm lovin' this show.

Old September 17th, 2009, 1:24 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Good show tonight. Loved the Acafellas. Will was great and Coach was a big surprise.

And Mercy ... Woo-Hoo.

Breakin' the windshield was too funny.

Looks like that one cheerleader is going over to the Glee side.

I'm lovin' this show.

Acafellas was great.

I loved the episide tonight.

Old September 17th, 2009, 1:32 pm
Sixth Year

Yes, Acafellas was awesome. I also despise the wife. And next week it looks like she's going to fake the whole thing, which is stupid. She should just come out and tell Will what's going on.

The music was awesome in this one, especially the number Vocal Adrenaline did as well as the number Mercedes did.

I'm sad Acafellas didn't last very long, but it was still cool and even cooler that Josh Groban was featured. I thought it was hilarious when he gave Sandy that restraining order.

All in all, this show is awesome. I can't wait to see what they do next week.

Old September 17th, 2009, 3:24 pm

Quote:
Knew she wasn't preggers. I'm glad she at least cared enough about him to keep the apartment, but she didn't care enough to tell him there was no baby. Don't like her at all, but we have to have someone to rank on.
You are totally right, every show needs a good enemy. Horrible wife to dedicated teacher, it's a good set up. We'll see how long it plays out and where it goes. I think she's going to fake a miscarriage.

I showed the pilot to my husband last night (thank you Hulu) and he started laughing when they showed that the school was McKinley High. I asked why and he said it was the name of the high school in Freeks and Geeks. Don't know if it is intentional, but a good connection none the less.

Haven't seen last night's episode yet. I'm without TV this month, and I think I might buy it on iTunes if it doesn't show online soon.

ETA:
Just watched it. This one was much better than the last one. I think they're getting into a good rhythm. (no pun intended!)

Favorite parts: the shop teacher with the 'thumbs up' cake not able to use the fork to eat it. A Capella hip hop - the mom and dad selling all 17 copies of the CD.

And the songs! I just love this show.

Last edited by HMN; September 17th, 2009 at 4:23 pm.
Old September 17th, 2009, 6:29 pm
First Year

I must say, that I wasn't really a fan of "Acafellas." Don't get me wrong, I love Glee. But this show just felt like it was missing something, for me. Was I the only one who didn't know any of the songs that they used?

I must say that the final scene with Kurt was very well done, and very emotional. Very well handled, as well.

Old September 19th, 2009, 2:32 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadofQuantum View Post
I must say, that I wasn't really a fan of "Acafellas." Don't get me wrong, I love Glee. But this show just felt like it was missing something, for me. Was I the only one who didn't know any of the songs that they used?

I must say that the final scene with Kurt was very well done, and very emotional. Very well handled, as well.
Totally agree about Kurt. It was a great way to counter balance all the confidence that everyone was gaining.

I laughed at a lot of the songs because they're early 90's songs. This is How We Do It, Poison and I Want to Sex You Up in particular. Which are all (presumably) chosen my Mr. Shuester and would be about the time he was in HS or College. Right? Found a fan site that has iTunes links to the songs: http://gleefansite.com/

And that is one of the things I am loving about the show - they're taking a really wide range of music and adding it to each episode. Bringing old songs to a younger generation and newer songs to their parents. I think it's pretty brilliant.

Last edited by HMN; September 19th, 2009 at 2:37 am.
Old September 19th, 2009, 7:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
I laughed at a lot of the songs because they're early 90's songs. This is How We Do It, Poison and I Want to Sex You Up in particular. Which are all (presumably) chosen my Mr. Shuester and would be about the time he was in HS or College. Right?
I ADORE those old 90s songs they keep using. Last week it was Push It, this week Poison! That was probaly my favorite number from this week because it was just so hilarious that they actually did a Bel Biv Devoe song! And Howard singing, "Never trust a big butt and a smile" They take songs that while they were popular back then, now sound pretty ridiculous, and they perform them like they're the coolest songs in the world. I love that!

Mercedes' song was also one of my favorite parts. I was happy to see her highlighted--love her voice. And you could really feel her pain. She did a great job.

They also got some great guest stars on this episode. Josh Groban was funny, and I Victor Garber! I hope to see a lot more of him on future episodes!

This is quickly becoming my favorite show. So much humor, but also so much heart.

Old September 24th, 2009, 2:24 pm
Sixth Year

Pretty awesome episode:

Spoiler: show
Kurt is awesome, the whole Beyonce and Football team thing was just epic. I liked Sue's Character in this one; epsecially with the news thing.I love the fact she will wear her "nice" jogging suit for TV. (And that's how Sue, "C's" it!" ).

The whole Quinn pregnancy thing was a pretty good twist for the relationship. I already guessed it wasn't Finn's kid though, but the future conflict will make it interesting to watch.

The wife: She seriously needs to come clean, I'm not a huge fan of her character either.

Oh and lastly, the principal's secret....

Old September 24th, 2009, 2:36 pm
Sixth Year

This episode was very good. I loved the football team's dance to "Single Ladies" and how Kurt was able to kick the ball and make a goal. I also really liked the fact that his dad knew he was gay since the age of three and is willing to accept his son in spite of this fact. I think a lot of parents need to do this with their kids and see that just because their kids are different, they are still their kids. That's what I loved about Kurt's dad.

I also loved Sue's segments on the news and the principal's secret. Those were good.

As for Rachel, I'm not really fond of her anymore. She needs to know that she can't get her way all the time. I'm actually glad Will didn't give in to her and still wanted to work with Tina. I think Tina has just as much potential as Rachel and that both are good. I really hope things work out for the club, and it looks as though things will with the addition of the football members. I did love Rachel's rendition of "Taking Chances." That was good for her.

Quinn's pregnancy is a good plot twist, and I know it isn't Finn's kid. I'm glad Finn stood up for her though and is willing to be a good father. But Will's wife wants Quinn's baby, and that can't be a good thing. The wife needs to come clean and tell Will what's going on.

I can't wait to see Kristin Chenowith star in next week's ep. She'll be a good addition to the cast. I liked the one guy's quote, "Oh, so now old people can join glee, too?" It looks like the ep is going to be very good.

Old September 24th, 2009, 3:16 pm
Registered Animagus

Totally agree with everything everyone else said. This is turning out to be a great show.

I think this is the first time they mentioned Sandy's last name ... Ryerson. That was his last name in Groundhog Day when he played the insurance salesman, Ned Ryerson.

I also finally remembered where I knew Sue from. She was the doctor in The Fugitive that helped Richard Kimball identify the tissue samples. Such a totally different character.

Definitely don't like Will's wife. She's all sweetness and light one minute, but then turns into a scheming little witch in the next. How does she plan on going through labor and giving birth with Will and the doctors there?

On the other hand, I don't like the guidance counselor for him either.

And Quinn. What a feeble excuse for cheating on your boyfriend and then trying to pass off the baby as his.

I think my favorite part was the football team dancing on the field.

Old September 24th, 2009, 8:15 pm
Fifth Year

I love Glee. I especially loved last night's episode's generous use of Single Ladies. I laughed more this episode than all the previous ones put together.

I can't stand Terri (in a good way). She's so dumb and selfish, but it's kind of fun to watch. I don't know how she thinks she'll get away with her pregnancy scheme, so I can't wait to see how that all turns out.

Jane Lynch is gold. If she doesn't get an Emmy nomination for this role, there is something wrong with the world. YES. WE. CANE.

Rachel was incredibly and annoyingly selfish in this episode. I really love how Will wants to give everyone their chance to feel like a star, because Rachel having every big song number would have gotten old. She's a great singer, but variety will undoubtedly work best in this show when it comes to the musical numbers.

It's hard to say what scene I enjoyed the most in this episode, because almost all of them were 100% amazing, but I'm giving the last scene with Kurt and his dad the edge. It was really sweet, and yet still had a really awesome joke in it (the bit about sensible heels). But the football game (whole team dancing, audience dancing, that kid from the other team dancing, coach ghost-dancing, Kurt dancing again and scoring the game-winning point) came really close.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives