Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Cardcaptor Sakura

Old June 23rd, 2008, 2:28 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Cardcaptor Sakura

This is one of my favourite anime of all time, and is probably the series that got me properly into liking anime as a teenager. The manga is lovely, but this series actually does a pretty good job of translating it to the screen- it's definitely a must-watch if you like plucky little girls, magic and jokes! And even if you don't, Sakura (the heroine of this series and of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle- she's the girl in my avie) will probably own your heart by the end of the series anyway:
Bonuses: very, very prettily-drawn manga boys (in true CLAMP- the authors of the manga- tradition), a perfect voice cast (watch this in the original Japanese if you can), and cute opening/closing songs.

SUMMARY:

Sakura Kinomoto was just an average 4th Grader - loved P.E., hated math - until one day, while looking through her father's library, Sakura found the Clow, an enchanted book designed to hold a set of magical Clow Cards. But when Sakura opened the book, it was empty. Talk about disasters!! Cerberus, the Creature of the Seal, emerged from the cover of the book and told Sakura the cards must be returned to the book. "If the cards aren't in the book, they come to life and do evil!" Kero formed a contract with Sakura making her a Cardcaptor and together with Sakura's best friend, Tomoyo, they embark on a mystical journey to capture all the Clow Cards before the Cards can wreak chaos and destruction.

They left out the part where Kero looks like a stuffed toy with wings, but that's a fairly accurate summary. And for those of you who like Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle but haven't seen this already, it's a must- Syaoran and Sakura are adorable as children!

Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2008, 7:01 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Cardcaptor Sakura

I USED TO WATCH THIS SHOW ALL THE TIME!!!!!! I LOVED IT! I havent seen it in ages though, I was like 10-11 when they canceled it.

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Old June 25th, 2008, 9:42 pm
Fourth Year

I've seen a few episodes, but I've never really seen the series from start to finish.

Old July 15th, 2008, 2:43 am
Fourth Year

... I love Cardcaptor Sakura...
I can't stand the english dub, but I have the entire series subbed on DVD =)
.... So much stuff was cut out of the dub... some episodes were cut right in half, and attached to the ends of other episodes... And the order of the episodes for the dub was changed O,O (What I thought was one of the later episodes, turned out to be episode 3 O.O)
I'm a huge CLAMP fan... I've got just about everything they've ever done... xxx holic is my all time favourite CLAMP series

When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Last edited by kuroi_shi; July 15th, 2008 at 2:45 am.
Old July 19th, 2008, 6:33 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Eurgh, the names in the English dub make me cringe! And I must say, you're so lucky to have subbed DVDs- the licence has expired and now CCS DVDs are so tough to find....but it was such a great show.

Old April 12th, 2011, 5:01 am
First Year

I love card captors o///o I always has a secret crush on Yukito just like Sakura did too XD Ah~ the good times~

If I was a Time Lord, I know that I would go to the world's biggest library and just read.
I want to be remembered as the girl who was there when she was needed, and the one who was the nicest of all.
Old April 24th, 2011, 4:58 am
First Year

I used to watch the anime all the time. When the WB was still on, they played it. I loved watching it. It's been over the past few years I've started reading the manga and enjoy that just as much as the show.

Old April 24th, 2011, 4:00 pm
Sixth Year

I loved it when I was a kid! It was one of my favourite shows, along with Poke'mon of course. I used to recite all her lines when she's doing the card thing.

Gryffindor

UnicornSeeker8718 (Pottermore)
Old May 2nd, 2011, 12:59 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2456 View Post
I loved it when I was a kid! It was one of my favourite shows, along with Poke'mon of course. I used to recite all her lines when she's doing the card thing.
I knew all her card calls too~ XD I cant remember now though TwT

If I was a Time Lord, I know that I would go to the world's biggest library and just read.
I want to be remembered as the girl who was there when she was needed, and the one who was the nicest of all.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime