Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

How did you get into anime?

Old August 28th, 2011, 2:53 am
Registered Animagus

Re: How did you get into anime?

I got into anime from these forums years ago.
Several cos members kept using Spirted Away graphics as their signatures and Jessica and lanifiel recommended Fruits Basket.

Old October 24th, 2011, 11:44 am
Fourth Year

One words: Pokemon. When I was little Also a friend lend me Vampire Knight the manga and I loved it Then I watched the anime. After that, it was really hard to find a good anime, until another friend introduced me to Maid-sama

Old December 4th, 2011, 10:12 am
First Year

My first anime was Sailor Moon. I saw it when I was REALLY little and just kept watching anime from then on. It helped that Toonami was the coolest thing ever.

*plooka plooka*

世界は美しくなんかない。そしてそれ故に美しい。
Old January 21st, 2012, 10:57 pm
First Year

Interesting to think back to when I got interested into anime and manga. I read manga first. I was studying up Japan (to learn about my ancesters culture) and found out that they have their own art (Eastern Style). I soon found myself curious, and googled "Anime". The first thing I read was Code: Breaker. I didn't read all of it, just the first chapter. As a lover of books, the cartoons made me wonder why not words. So I tried reading some more, and I instantly got hooked. Then I saw Vampire Knight. Not really a fan of the show, but I saw some shirts in Florida when I visited the state. I also saw some YouTube videos. Ever since, I just loved watching and reading the interesting art!

Old March 28th, 2012, 2:32 am
First Year

I got into anime through Sailor Moon. One morning I woke up early and turned the TV on and flipped onto USA Network who was premiering some new animated show called Sailor Moon that I had never heard of before. It looked interesting so I watched the first episode and was immediately hooked. Later on I went online and looked Sailor Moon up and I learned it was an anime and I learned about all the changes that the English dub made to the series. I've been a diehard anime fan ever since and I haven't looked back.

Old March 28th, 2012, 7:39 am
Fourth Year

Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura were probably my first anime's, but they weren't what got me into anime itself. My best friend was introduced to anime by her brother, and got really into the anime that they showed on Cartoon Network, Adult Swim. So when I went over to her house I would watch it with her and really came to love the show Full Metal Alchemist. I think it was the first time that I really got invested in a anime, which led to me wanting to find more anime to watch. I watch next to none anime anymore, but from time to time I'll pop in a favorite.

Old March 30th, 2012, 8:31 am
First Year

I grew interested in anime when I was 19 and decided to watch some random series. So I picked Death Note as it was really popular that time. It's now one of my favorite anime
I've watched a lot of various series since then and I guess I'm now a regular anime fan.

Old April 12th, 2012, 7:36 am
First Year

Iím sure what age am I when I first started but the only thing I remember was my cousin ask me to join her watched the new released anime during that time (if my memory serves me right it was the anime with Gokuo as the lead character). Iíve no interest but my cousin is so annoying I decided to come and as I see those costumes and super power I didnít notice that I was enjoying it. The next thing I knew all I wanted to watch now was anime; I got hooked to manga too. Lol

Old March 15th, 2013, 6:28 pm
First Year

While I was in secondary school, my best friend was a mad fan of ben 10. We had a pal who would come over to our room(it's a boarding house) and then argue that this 'naruto' anime beats ben 10, and my friend would argue it out.
Anyways, a few yearz later, I travelled, came back, and my frnd was ranting off about how cool Itachi(from Naruto) was, so you can imagine my shock knowing he found something that beat the urge of ben 10 out. I got curious, watched a two episodes of the chunnin test of naruto. And now, I am a more intense fan of it than he ever would be, finishing it to d weekly manga updatez, and starting and finishing bleach also in 2 monthz. I dabbled in one piece too, so now, anime holds a special spot for me.

Old March 15th, 2013, 10:16 pm
First Year

Just grew into watching it. When I was a child, almost everything that my parents found suitable for my age was actually from Japan. Heidi, Pinnochio, Alice, Puschel or Kickers for example. Don't even know the Japanese names of those series. And then it just continued as I never really got in touch with most American stuff. There are some exceptions, but that's not really the matter.

Old October 4th, 2013, 6:19 pm
First Year

Started watching pokemon at a young age and anime in toonami got me hooked. Like Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun.

To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
Old October 7th, 2013, 7:52 pm
Sixth Year

I started watching Sailor Moon, years ago, and then grew more and more interested by the Japanese animation, culture and history.

There is nothing wrong in being ambitious.
Old March 17th, 2014, 6:11 am
Curse Breaker

As with several here, it started with Toonami (when ThunderCats disappeared, I got introduced to Dragon Ball Z). My brief intro included several series. Then,Netflix came along and I became a Funimation/ADV afficionado.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime