Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

How did you get into anime?

Old August 25th, 2009, 10:31 am
Second Year

Re: How did you get into anime?

Oooh! It was Sakura Card Captor which caught me, but after watching Pokemon and Dragon Ball I just knew anime was my thing! Of course I didn't knew it was anime until I was older, but when I was little all I knew was I liked 'the pretty drawn ones'. the only normal cartoon that I actually liked was Ginger. Arnold, Rocket POwer and all that were good, but I never liked them because of the drawings.

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2009, 8:54 am
Registered Animagus

Anybody into anime and feels like being a bit creative head over here. Should be a lot of fun.

Old October 10th, 2009, 4:07 am
First Year

oooh....Digimon and Sakura Card Captors;pUsed to wacth so much when I was a child, I was ADDICTED!!!! Even though I didn't know it was anime back then, due to my curiosity, two years ago i remembered card captor due to me and my friend playing a digimon vs. battle game (went searching in the forgotten play station 1 games), so when i went on youtube to search for card captor , an anime called Tsubasa Chronicles popped up. I used to think cartoons was for children.....i was a real steriotype.....and yet i clicked on the video;p When I saw the Tsubasa op, Sakura and Syaoran were all grown up, and episode one just happened to be right there. Once again, I'm a very curious person and someday that will be the death of me, so I clicked on episode one, and it was like magic;p So awesome, just had to have more!!!! So Tsubasa led to the Prince of Tennis, which led to D. Gray Man, which led to many others and currently to Katekyo Hitman Reborn;p Sugoine, huh?

Gokudera is Ravenclaw

and

Yamamoto is Griffindor
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:08 pm
Second Year

I got into anime because of Toonami.

I use to watch DragonBallz all the time.
As well as Outlaw Star and the first animes that were shown on that program.

Old March 31st, 2010, 2:14 pm
First Year

Definitely in 1995 after reading an article on anime in Newsweek, i was 14 back then i rented Akira and Vampire Hunter D, i loved them very much.

Old July 21st, 2010, 7:00 am
First Year

My sister was into anime and then she got me into it. My first (or one of the firsts) was Dragonball Z.

Old July 29th, 2010, 1:36 pm
Sixth Year

I was always (and still am) an animation nut so anime was just a natural progression for me. To start with, I didn't really have much idea where to start so I randomly bought the Oh My Goddess! OVAs on VHS (ahhh, VHS- £12.99 for half an our, dub only- those were the [rubbish] days! Hurrah for DVD boxsets!) and some other stuff- Gunsmith Cats, Dragon Half, Tenchi Muyo, Catgirl Nuku Nuku etc. I never had cable so I wasn't able to see much on TV, although I later found out that 2 of my very favourite kids shows- Sherlock Hound and Mysterious Cities of Gold, were anime.

Old August 1st, 2010, 8:03 am
First Year

I actually got into manga first when my friend at summer camp introduced me to Fruits Basket. I started watching the anime version soon after and got hooked to both manga and anime

Slytherin
Why yes! We do have plenty of hotties available
Old September 3rd, 2010, 1:47 pm
First Year

I grew up in Thailand, so I was a mad pokemon fan when I was little. But really, I started actually watching anime after I stumbled across Naruto (as so many others have), haha! I came across a Sasuke/Sakura shipping video on youtube and it hooked me immediately. Eventually, this led to anime like InuYasha and Rurouni Kenshin...

Far from the madding crowd's ignoble strife, their sober wishes never learn'd to stray; along the cool sequester'd vale of life they kept the noiseless tenor of their way.

Elegy written in a Country Churchyard, Thomas Gray

Old September 17th, 2010, 6:39 am
First Year

I don't like to watch anime too much. But my friend said me to watch a new series named as Naruto Shippuden . It was such a great show. It was quite good experience to see this anime series. I am also waiting for the Avatar the last airbender season 4 premiere. Hope it airs soon.

Old September 19th, 2010, 6:20 pm
First Year

What made me first start watching anime. Well nothing really I just found a few anime shows then it grew from there. My first anime I guess would of been Loveless.

Old September 20th, 2010, 2:11 pm
First Year

My friend make me addict to watch anime shows and I just start watching a new anime series called Naruto Shippuden

Old September 21st, 2010, 2:18 am
Third Year

I had always liked anything from Studio Ghibli growing up, but then I did an anime course as a part of my film degree and became addicted

Ravenclaws: Study Hard, Party Harder!
Old December 4th, 2010, 2:36 am
First Year

What caught and hooked me to anime was Adult Swim. I think it hilarious that that kind of programming occurs on late-night on Cartoon Network, which has an entirely child viewer-base. Now that's just awesome decision-making. Anyway, the very first anime that I ever saw was probably InuYasha. I loved it immensely and immediately searched for more.

Old January 22nd, 2011, 5:55 am
First Year

I watched loads of it when I was younger, like Kiki's Delivery Service and other wonderfully enchanting animes, and then recently I got hooked on it as a teenager last year. Since March 2009 I've been watching Asian dramas. Last year I watched the Death Note live-action movie, and this past November I just decided to watch the anime and it was awesome! I've always had a fondness for anime though; it's great.

"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them."

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brains fall out.
Old January 26th, 2011, 8:22 pm
First Year

It was my boyfriend at the time, now my husband, who introduced me to anime. He showed me Haibane Renmei, which is still one of my favorites. Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro were some of my first Miyazaki films.

Now I'd say that Miyazaki's films are my favorites, including Ponyo, Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, and Kiki's Delivery Service. I also enjoyed other Studio Ghibli films like Whispers of the Heart and Only Yesterday.

Old February 16th, 2011, 2:37 am
First Year

I had to read a Graphic novel for English so I chose the first book of Bleach. Fell in love with it of course. After that I started to read about 2 a day. It was so hard to do my report because I was constantly changing books, having finished the first one. :P unfortunatly I didnt get very far. My school library doesnt have many. So I started watching the anime.

I am not like other girls. I will not go gaga over a guy. I will not squeal when a famous actor walks by. I will not....... *Draco Malfoy walks by* Ahh!!! *Squeals and runs after him* DRAAAACOOOO!!!!<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Old February 16th, 2011, 6:55 am
First Year

The first anime I ever watched was Pokemon and I became addicted. I still am. So, Pokemon started it for me. But it was around 1999/2000 when I started to get into more anime. I began watching Toonami on Cartoon network and that is when I got into other anime like Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon and Tenchi Muyo! After that I started watching as much anime as I could. Too bad Toonami is gone. I wish it were still around because no other channel plays Sailor Moon, the old DBZ, or Tenchi Muyo! anymore.

Old March 30th, 2011, 4:02 am
Third Year

I was 9 years old when they played Saint Seiya on TV, that changed my life, I have been a fan since then.

My Fic: Two Introverted Souls.http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=128320
Old May 16th, 2011, 7:32 pm
Second Year

The earliest anime I can remember watching regularly and knowing it was anime was Sailor Moon. What got me into Anime was the Robotech dub and, later on, the old Dragonball Z dub (The fact that they both aired alongside Sailor Moon during Classic Toonami was just a perk). I also watched Pokemon whenever I could in the mornings; I think it was those four together that really got me into Anime.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime