Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Death Note Anime



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old November 12th, 2008, 2:06 pm
Hysteria's Avatar
Hysteria  Undisclosed.gif Hysteria is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 4811 days
Location: Far away from you...
Posts: 4,146
Re: Death Note Anime

Yeah I agree with everyone else about where it went boring after a certain character dies. For what they're worth I think the live action movies were quite good. Very well cast.


__________________
liebe ist für alle da
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #42  
Old November 12th, 2008, 6:23 pm
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4750 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Re: Death Note Anime

Am I the only one who really liked
Spoiler: show
Near and Mello? To me, combined, they were L. Both had sides to them that you could see in L, and I like how, in a way, they avenged L's death, even though Near's rationale beat out Mello's recklessness.
I found the Yotsuba arc more boring compared to the later ones.

I also didn't mind the manga/anime's ending. It's the same for both, the anime was just more melodramatic, imo.


Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:53 am
Hysteria's Avatar
Hysteria  Undisclosed.gif Hysteria is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 4811 days
Location: Far away from you...
Posts: 4,146
Re: Death Note Anime

Spoiler: show
I didn't mind Near and Mello but I think once they came into it the story got a bit messy. I had to double-read some stuff and Mello got on my nerves a lot. The ending is ok but it could have been handled better IMO.


__________________
liebe ist für alle da
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old November 13th, 2008, 1:14 am
Artemis_Fowl_2's Avatar
Artemis_Fowl_2  Female.gif Artemis_Fowl_2 is offline
Hogsmeade's Worst Icon Maker
 
Joined: 4318 days
Location: Secret Lair
Posts: 1,005
Re: Death Note Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
Am I the only one who really liked
Spoiler: show
Near and Mello? To me, combined, they were L. Both had sides to them that you could see in L, and I like how, in a way, they avenged L's death, even though Near's rationale beat out Mello's recklessness.
I really liked Near and Mello. And I was pretty happy with the ending of the anime. Maybe I'm just easy to please!

I bought the manga but I haven't read it yet. I'll be starting on that soon.


__________________
Submit to me!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old November 13th, 2008, 2:40 pm
Dancing_Blade's Avatar
Dancing_Blade  Female.gif Dancing_Blade is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 4453 days
Location: Drawing in a lab!
Age: 30
Posts: 502
Re: Death Note Anime

Nope. I liked them too. And the way the anime ended.
Death Note is the best anime ever. It's what got me into manga.


__________________


My Dark Lord? Sorry I disturb you,
but Muggles have started catching up with us...



My Harry Potter fanart
My deviantart page
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:50 am
AmeliaPotter's Avatar
AmeliaPotter  Female.gif AmeliaPotter is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 4674 days
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Posts: 995
Re: Death Note Anime

I agree with SS_Jup81 about the Yotsuba arc. I kind of felt like it didn't really take things anywhere... I was glad when it ended.

Spoiler: show
I suppose I was the only one that didn't like Near and Mello that much. It's just because L was such a great character that no one would have been able to compare with him, in my opinion, though I get how combined they would make up L... His death was so sad :'(


Also, I just watched the trailer for the live action movie - it looks like it could be really good, however the trailer was somewhat ruined by having a Red Hot Chilli Peppers song that has no relevance to the storyline...


__________________
Rose / Scorpius =

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."

Last edited by AmeliaPotter; November 14th, 2008 at 1:07 am.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old November 14th, 2008, 1:32 am
Artemis_Fowl_2's Avatar
Artemis_Fowl_2  Female.gif Artemis_Fowl_2 is offline
Hogsmeade's Worst Icon Maker
 
Joined: 4318 days
Location: Secret Lair
Posts: 1,005
Re: Death Note Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaPotter View Post
Also, I just watched the trailer for the live action movie - it looks like it could be really good, however the trailer was somewhat ruined by having a Red Hot Chilli Peppers song that has no relevance to the storyline...
There are actually 3 live action movies: Death Note, Death Note II: The Last Name, and Death Note III: L Change the World. I've seen the first two and will be watching the third one soon. The first two are actually one story (like Deathly Hallows will be). I thought the movies were really good. In my opinion the second one was even better than the first. I saw them in a theater and the crowd really loved it and how it ended. If you have already seen the movie or just want to know how it ends, then
Spoiler: show
L betters Light in the end! Near and Mello were not even characters in the films.


There were also a lot of people in the crowd dressed as the characters - it was fun!

For those of you familiar with the story of the first two films then you want to know that the last film is
Spoiler: show
L's final 23 days.


The actors in the lead roles were really good. The guy who played L was fantastic! I think if you are a fan of the Death Note anime then you may want to check out the movies - Red Hot Chilli Peppers aside.


__________________
Submit to me!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old November 14th, 2008, 1:40 am
AmeliaPotter's Avatar
AmeliaPotter  Female.gif AmeliaPotter is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 4674 days
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Posts: 995
Re: Death Note Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis_Fowl_2 View Post
There are actually 3 live action movies: Death Note, Death Note II: The Last Name, and Death Note III: L Change the World. I've seen the first two and will be watching the third one soon. The first two are actually one story (like Deathly Hallows will be). I thought the movies were really good. In my opinion the second one was even better than the first. I saw them in a theater and the crowd really loved it and how it ended. If you have already seen the movie or just want to know how it ends, then
Spoiler: show
L betters Light in the end! Near and Mello were not even characters in the films.


There were also a lot of people in the crowd dressed as the characters - it was fun!

The actors in the lead roles were really good. The guy who played L was fantastic! I think if you are a fan of the Death Note anime then you may want to check out the movies - Red Hot Chilli Peppers aside.
Yeah, I meant the first one... I saw the trailer for it and it looked really good. As for the spoiler, that sounds awesome too... I really want to see it now, but don't know where I'd get my hands on it. I'll just check around in stores that sell anime, I might be lucky and find a copy or something.


__________________
Rose / Scorpius =

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old November 14th, 2008, 1:48 am
Artemis_Fowl_2's Avatar
Artemis_Fowl_2  Female.gif Artemis_Fowl_2 is offline
Hogsmeade's Worst Icon Maker
 
Joined: 4318 days
Location: Secret Lair
Posts: 1,005
Re: Death Note Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaPotter View Post
Yeah, I meant the first one... I saw the trailer for it and it looked really good. As for the spoiler, that sounds awesome too... I really want to see it now, but don't know where I'd get my hands on it. I'll just check around in stores that sell anime, I might be lucky and find a copy or something.
I know amazon.com is selling the first one (subbed and dubbed). I'm not sure of the release date for the second one yet but since it was in theaters it should be pretty soon (I *think* it's around 02/10/2009). I have subbed copies of the movies which is why I have all 3. I got those on eBay.


__________________
Submit to me!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old November 14th, 2008, 7:22 am
Hysteria's Avatar
Hysteria  Undisclosed.gif Hysteria is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 4811 days
Location: Far away from you...
Posts: 4,146
Re: Death Note Anime

Quote:
Also, I just watched the trailer for the live action movie - it looks like it could be really good, however the trailer was somewhat ruined by having a Red Hot Chilli Peppers song that has no relevance to the storyline...
I love the movies. You really have to take them for what they are and not expect incredible cinema. They are well made though.
I don't like how the Red Hot Chili Peppers are the theme song for the movies. It doesn't fit at all.


__________________
liebe ist für alle da
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old November 15th, 2008, 5:07 am
AmeliaPotter's Avatar
AmeliaPotter  Female.gif AmeliaPotter is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 4674 days
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Posts: 995
Re: Death Note Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis_Fowl_2 View Post
I know amazon.com is selling the first one (subbed and dubbed). I'm not sure of the release date for the second one yet but since it was in theaters it should be pretty soon (I *think* it's around 02/10/2009). I have subbed copies of the movies which is why I have all 3. I got those on eBay.
I thought they'd probably have them on eBay, but my dad doesn't like the whole security aspect of buying over the internet... I'll find a way though, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria
I love the movies. You really have to take them for what they are and not expect incredible cinema. They are well made though.
I don't like how the Red Hot Chili Peppers are the theme song for the movies. It doesn't fit at all.
Oh no, I wasn't expecting them to be great, but it seems cool, the idea of it being acted out and stuff. The story would be enough to keep me interested, even if it's not particularly well-acted or something. And yeah, nothing against RHCP but it's definitely a stupid theme song for it.


__________________
Rose / Scorpius =

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old November 15th, 2008, 11:02 am
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4750 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Re: Death Note Anime

The movie had Red Hot Chili Peppers music? How did I miss that? I've only seen the original Deathnote movies subbed last year sometime...so maybe the music is different from its dub?


Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old November 15th, 2008, 1:36 pm
Hysteria's Avatar
Hysteria  Undisclosed.gif Hysteria is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 4811 days
Location: Far away from you...
Posts: 4,146
Re: Death Note Anime

Quote:
The movie had Red Hot Chili Peppers music? How did I miss that? I've only seen the original Deathnote movies subbed last year sometime...so maybe the music is different from its dub?
I wouldn't have thought so, it's the credit music for both films.


__________________
liebe ist für alle da
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old November 16th, 2008, 12:57 am
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4750 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Re: Death Note Anime

I was so busy focusing on the actual contents of the movie, I somehow missed out on the music. ><;


Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old December 5th, 2008, 3:03 am
yumedreams  Female.gif yumedreams is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3332 days
Location: California
Posts: 3
Re: Death Note Anime

I've seen all three movies, and I enjoyed them all. The actor playing L was fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis_Fowl_2 View Post
There were also a lot of people in the crowd dressed as the characters - it was fun!
I went to them dressed as L. My friends say I'm like him, so we thought it would be fun to dress up


Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old December 5th, 2008, 3:18 am
WitchHunter  Male.gif WitchHunter is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 4745 days
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Age: 28
Posts: 528
Re: Death Note Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaPotter View Post
I agree with SS_Jup81 about the Yotsuba arc. I kind of felt like it didn't really take things anywhere... I was glad when it ended.

Spoiler: show
I suppose I was the only one that didn't like Near and Mello that much. It's just because L was such a great character that no one would have been able to compare with him, in my opinion, though I get how combined they would make up L... His death was so sad :'(


Also, I just watched the trailer for the live action movie - it looks like it could be really good, however the trailer was somewhat ruined by having a Red Hot Chilli Peppers song that has no relevance to the storyline...
Your not the only one.
Spoiler: show
Mello and Near weren't even close to being as intelligent as L or Light. They only even won because of a combination of incredibly good luck and Mikami being an idiot and not following Light's plan. The ending really gives me the feeling that the creator just got bored with it and wanted to wrap things up quickly.


Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old December 5th, 2008, 9:59 am
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4750 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Re: Death Note Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchHunter View Post
Your not the only one.
Spoiler: show
Mello and Near weren't even close to being as intelligent as L or Light. They only even won because of a combination of incredibly good luck and Mikami being an idiot and not following Light's plan. The ending really gives me the feeling that the creator just got bored with it and wanted to wrap things up quickly.
Not necessarily. As I pointed out in an earlier topic,
Spoiler: show
Near and Mello combined was pretty much L. Each had different traits that could be seen in L. I feel that some people are a bit harsh where their characters were concerned.


Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old December 6th, 2008, 3:16 am
WitchHunter  Male.gif WitchHunter is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 4745 days
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Age: 28
Posts: 528
Re: Death Note Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
Not necessarily. As I pointed out in an earlier topic,
Spoiler: show
Near and Mello combined was pretty much L. Each had different traits that could be seen in L. I feel that some people are a bit harsh where their characters were concerned.
Spoiler: show
But even combined they weren't a match for Light. Mikami was more responsible for Near's victory then either Mello or Near himself, since Near had no idea that the Death Note he had was a fake, and wouldn't have found the real one if Mikami hadn't disobeyed Light's orders. Without that incredible stroke of luck Near, the SPK, and the Kira Task Force would have been killed. It's a bit disappointing that after an entire series based on a battle of wits, it all came down to good luck in the end.


Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old December 8th, 2008, 4:14 pm
Hysteria's Avatar
Hysteria  Undisclosed.gif Hysteria is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 4811 days
Location: Far away from you...
Posts: 4,146
Re: Death Note Anime

Just out of interest, has anybody been collecting the special edition dvds with the figurines? They cost a bit extra but I love them. The figures look great Just got Rem and she's awesome.


__________________
liebe ist für alle da
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old December 10th, 2008, 3:12 pm
blue3ski's Avatar
blue3ski  Female.gif blue3ski is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 4574 days
Location: In the loving arms of the Lord
Age: 29
Posts: 1,067
Re: Death Note Anime

Wow, I only just found out there was a thread for Death Note

I loved it. It was the only anime aside from Rurouni Kenshin that I have watched in full. The characters develop realistically--some of you have mentioned not liking Light near the end, but that was the only way he could go. I felt that the ending was suitable for him.
Spoiler: show

I really regretted seeing him die--I'll admit, I was hoping he could find some way out of it. It was a real waste of the person he could have been. But Light had gotten to the point where he saw no one except himself, and it was appropriate that that would be his downfall. He was so confident that Mikami would just mindlessly obey him no matter what, he forgot that Mikami was still a person who could think on his own. Light's disregard of people as mere instruments bit him in the end.


The feud between L and Light should be taught in Literature classes as Conflict 101. It was beautifully built up, and you can see how these two are the perfect foil for one another. The way they went at each other was subtle and just brilliant.

I also enjoyed Mello--I really wish we'd gotten more of him. There seemed to be a lot of his personality was still untapped. Near got on my nerves a bit--he was trying to be L minus that certain charm
Spoiler: show
I guess he was kind of why I wanted Light to win in the end


__________________


"No trial, no error, no ability to conceptualize. Perfection would make us obsolete. Many magnificent things have been, and will continue to come into existence. And yet every last one of them will fall short of perfection's finish. Our function as men of science relies on their many shortcomings. Then, and only then, can we apply the fruits of our labor."--Mayuri Kurotsuchi, Bleach
Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:25 pm.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.