Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall

Which US States have you visited?

Old November 21st, 2007, 5:23 pm
Gwen's Auntie

Re: Which States have you visited?

Quote:
New Mexico (Amazing... such wide open spaces.... and huge mountains that seem to pop up out of nowhere...)

Colorado (Absolutely amazingly beautifully wonderfully gorgeous. The American Indian Cliff Dwellings are pretty fascinating, too. It's my favorite state, in case you can't tell. And no, I don't live there, so I'm not biased!)

Texas (*cough* I've spent a total of about 4 hours there, in an airport, and none of them were at all pleasant)
Is it sad that New Mexico is one of my dream destinations? Most people would choose someplace a little more exotic, I guess, but it's just so...well, I've never actually been there, but it seems (from everyone's descriptions and pictures/videos I've seen of it) to be my type of place.

I'm SO going to Colorado one day! My dad grew up there, but I've never been. One day he says he'll take us girls there and show us where he lived, where his dad's restaurants were, the schools, etc. I'm anxious to see it all.

*Gasps* Whoa! We had the same airport experience. My four hour airport delay was twice in two different states though. My Dallas Ft Worth Texas Airport experience was quite nice actually.

In the Chicago airport, we were delayed for somewhere around 4 or 5 hours, but it was me and all my friends there together, so it wasn't too bad. We all got food, talked for a while, watched a movie on someone's laptop, etc.

In LAX, leaving LA, we were at the airport for 4 hours and we had been woken up at like 6 am to leave. We all just got to the waiting place, grabbed some Cinnabon (), and ate. That only killed like 45 minutes, so some people had blankets with them and we all (like 50 or 60-something of us) laid down on the floor and took a nap. We got some strange looks, but we were too tired to care.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:24 pm
Second Year

None, I've never been to America

Hannah Louise <3 xx
Old November 22nd, 2007, 7:40 pm
Seventh Year

Hmm don't live in America but I have visited California and Hawaii

Old November 22nd, 2007, 9:42 pm
Sixth Year

I have lived in California...stayed mostly in the states of Arizona, Missouri and Pennsylvania from the little of times I have traveled...Drove through the South West and some of the MidWest if that counts...

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Old December 12th, 2007, 10:05 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pox Voldius View Post
I get what you mean, though. My parents were into doing roadtrips to visit relatives. Like driving from Southern California to Iowa in just 3 days. I'll remember specific places where we stopped, or funny signs that we saw, and I'll remember what general geographic region it was in, but I'll be like "okay, was that sign with the weird street name that was spelled with all Xs, Ys and Zs in Arizona, or was it the next state over?".

edit

Dang, I was a bit off. Zzyzx Road is actually in California, off the I-15 on the way to/from Las Vegas, Nevada. But I did at least remember correctly that it was way out in the desert somewhere. And it is closer to the Nevada & Arizona borders than it is to Los Angeles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zzyzx%2C_California

lol, my family drove to California this summer and that's about the only thing other then sagebrush I remember seeing through the desert. My mom gre up in Las Vegas and had family that lived in California. She said they'd play the alphabet game backwards starting from that sign.

Anyway to list the states I've been to, starting from the Northwest: Washington, California, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado (briefly for all of an hour thanks to hurrying through the airport), Iowa, Missouri, and, Illinois.

After writing that list I have the sudden urge to fly to Maine, rent a car, then drive cross country...

Old December 12th, 2007, 10:53 pm
do you want fries with that?

*Gasps* Whoa! We had the same airport experience. My four hour airport delay was twice in two different states though. My Dallas Ft Worth Texas Airport experience was quite nice actually.

In the Chicago airport, we were delayed for somewhere around 4 or 5 hours, but it was me and all my friends there together, so it wasn't too bad. We all got food, talked for a while, watched a movie on someone's laptop, etc.
color][/quote]

I've been to Colorado, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Lived in New Mexico, and now Texas. I've aslo spent time at Airports in Michigan and Pennsylvania.

And speaking of airport layovers, etc. I've had the worst flight situations imaginable when flying from Dallas to Germany. I had a layover in London during which there was a bomb threat at the airport!!. Managed to arrive in Germany more than 12 hours after I was expected to. It was horrible

The Next Mesut Özil

(Although we must ignore the jersey)
Old December 13th, 2007, 4:09 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_attack View Post
Is it sad that New Mexico is one of my dream destinations? Most people would choose someplace a little more exotic, I guess, but it's just so...well, I've never actually been there, but it seems (from everyone's descriptions and pictures/videos I've seen of it) to be my type of place.

I'm SO going to Colorado one day! My dad grew up there, but I've never been. One day he says he'll take us girls there and show us where he lived, where his dad's restaurants were, the schools, etc. I'm anxious to see it all.

In LAX, leaving LA, we were at the airport for 4 hours and we had been woken up at like 6 am to leave. We all just got to the waiting place, grabbed some Cinnabon (), and ate. That only killed like 45 minutes, so some people had blankets with them and we all (like 50 or 60-something of us) laid down on the floor and took a nap. We got some strange looks, but we were too tired to care.
New Mexico and Colorado are both wonderful... if you like wide open spaces, and really dramatic and kind of odd landscapes, then you'll probably love New Mexico. Colorado... it's just so... colorful! (Lol, that's what the name means, after all) Honestly, I spent a lot of time driving through Colorado, and I never wanted to look away from the window. Almost everywhere I looked, I saw something that should've been painted by some famous artist who could really capture the spirit of it. Okay, I'll stop now before I write a love sonnet to the entire state! :rofl:

Actually, I had two airport experiences in Texas (which was in the Dallas - Ft. Worth airport, btw), both of them extremely bad. The first time, to make a long story short, they changed our departure gate without us realizing it, and we were already running a little late, so by the time we got to the [wrong] gate, it was already close to the time when our plane was leaving. Then, the airport's little train thingymabobber abruptly stopped working, and no one could tell us how to get to our new gate without using the train, so we ended up RUNNING through almost the whole airport. And that place is freakin' HUGE! Yeah.. we got on board our plane literally three minutes before it took off.
The second time wasn't quite so bad, they just changed our departure gate three times in a row. Fortunately, we were all so paranoid from the last time, that we checked the little monitor thingies about every 5 minutes, so it never caused a serious problem.

and over our heads will float the Blue Bird, singing of beautiful and impossible things,
of things that are lovely and that never happen, of things that are not and that should be."
- Oscar Wilde, The Decay of Lying
Old December 13th, 2007, 7:09 am
First Year

hmm...
New York
New Jersey
Pennsylvania (just Philadelphia)
Maine (mmm... lobster)
Massachusetts
Florida
Georgia I believe (Delta hub)
Illinois
Missouri
Iowa
Wisconsin
Kansas
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Texas
New Mexico
Colorado (some sort of hub)
Arizona
Nevada
California
Minnesota (the home state)
I might've been to more northeastern states but they're really hard to remember)
total is... 21. I need to hit up the South, but i think i've got the Midwest pretty well covered except for the Dakotas.

"The world is 63 years old."
Old December 13th, 2007, 3:55 pm
do you want fries with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernInkling View Post

Actually, I had two airport experiences in Texas (which was in the Dallas - Ft. Worth airport, btw), both of them extremely bad. The first time, to make a long story short, they changed our departure gate without us realizing it, and we were already running a little late, so by the time we got to the [wrong] gate, it was already close to the time when our plane was leaving. Then, the airport's little train thingymabobber abruptly stopped working, and no one could tell us how to get to our new gate without using the train, so we ended up RUNNING through almost the whole airport. And that place is freakin' HUGE! Yeah.. we got on board our plane literally three minutes before it took off.
The second time wasn't quite so bad, they just changed our departure gate three times in a row. Fortunately, we were all so paranoid from the last time, that we checked the little monitor thingies about every 5 minutes, so it never caused a serious problem.

DFW is really bad about not announcing gate changes. I was waiting for a flight to Lubbock once. And waiting, and still waiting and the boarding time past. And when they finally announced boarding. I began to realize it wasnt the right flight, it was a Frankfurt, Germany flight. By the time I got to my new gate, they were letting on people from the waiting list. I was pretty mad.

The Next Mesut Özil

(Although we must ignore the jersey)
Old April 16th, 2008, 8:18 pm
Banned

Tennessee, Mussori, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Kentucky.

Old April 25th, 2008, 2:09 am
Second Year

1. Alabama (where I live)
2. Tennessee
3. Georgia
4. Kentucky
5. Florida
6. South Carolina
7. North Carolina
8. New Jersey
9. New York
10. Pennsylvania
11. Ohio
12. Wisconsin
13. Mississippi
14. Louisiana
15. Texas
16. California
17. Utah
18. Oregon
19. Colorado
20. Wyoming
21. Hawaii
22. Virginia

Let us endeavor to live so that when we die even the undertaker will be sorry” ~ Mark Twain~

"And the last enemy that shall be conquered is death" ~Deathly Hallows~

"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you" ~Legend of Dragoon~
Old April 26th, 2008, 12:11 pm
Second Year

None, but I'd like to go to New York, California, Hawaii, Seattle (which is in Washington? Near it? My geography is awful), and from reading this, Colorado and New Mexico sound awesome.

nerdfighter
i need to kick off and fly into the night
follow the red sparks and hold on tight
the higher we get the colder the wind whips in my face
and it feels like i'm breathing for the first time tonight

The stars are going out...the darkness is coming...
Old April 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm
First Year

I haven't been out of the country. I stayed here ever since. Maybe the only time I could go abroad is when I'm older.

Old October 13th, 2009, 12:29 am
First Year

i live in New Jersey, and i've visited New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, California, and Hawaii. I've been to NY and Pennsylvania lots of times since I'm so close I've been to Florida 5 times (been to Disney World 4 times, Universal Studios twice (went at the same time as Disney), and I've been to the Florida Keys (which is like Key West and stuff, right off the coast of Florida), I've been to California once (I went to Disneyland and San Diego on that trip), and I've been to Hawaii twice (I've basically been on all of the major islands: Oahu, Maui, Hawaii, Kauai...). I haven't been to many different states, I usually visit states again and do different things (or just the same things lol).

[

The Elder Wand

Deathly Hallows Part 1 November 2010
Deathly Hallows Part 2 July 2011

Ravenclaw

People actually think that I'm smart
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Sixth Year

Arizona - I was born here and lived here for several years.
Utah - my grandparents used to live here
Florida
Illinois - lived here for several years
Wisconsin
Minnesota

These states I've only driven through, so I wouldn't really count them as actually visiting:
New Mexico - I don't know why, but I would love to live here
Colorado
Texas
Kansas
Missouri
Iowa

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old October 14th, 2009, 3:26 am
First Year

I live in Kansas.
I've visited:
Missouri
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Colorado
Texas
Hawaii
Iowa
Arizona
Illinois
California
Oregon

Man's greatest treasure.
Old October 14th, 2009, 3:43 am
She Who Walks Behind

I live in Germany and I set a foot into the following States:

Washington
California
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
New York

I think that's it (so far)

The End of the Dream.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 6:44 am
Professor Snape's Most Favored House Elf

New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, California, West Virginia, District of Columbia (Washington, DC) Delaware.

I held you in my arms, although I knew that death
Had already taken you. I held you close, hoping for a faint heartbeat or breath
To prove me wrong.
But, you were still, and could not hear or see
My grief, my tears, my heartbreak knowing that the rest of my life would be
Spent without you.
Old November 26th, 2009, 3:58 am
Fourth Year

North Carolina (live there), South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York.

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:07 pm
First Year

Re: Which US States have you visited?

I drive a race car so yes I'm gonna travel. LOL! So far I have visited Georgia, Florida (& didn't see the beach), Virginia, Tennessee, & Alabama. But I would LOVE to travel more.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall