Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Favorite/least favorite Anime Shows & Soundtracks

Old October 24th, 2007, 6:03 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Favorite/least favorite Anime Shows & Soundtracks

Hi all. I decided to make a topic based on this because I didn't see one on it already, but I somehow overlooked it, mods, please feel free to lock up this thread.

Now, what are your favorite/least favorite anime shows and why?

Also, what are you favorite anime soundtracks (no need to list ones you dislike), if you've listened to any, and don't forget to list the reason why.

I'll post up my likes/dislikes later. I'm curious what others will post first. ^_^

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2007, 8:05 pm
Second Year

Re: Favorite/least favorite Anime Shows & Soundtracks

Love all Cowboy Bebop music from the sreies and movie. Fruits Basket used to annoy me to no end until I heard the theme song to Tokyo Mew Mew. The ending song for Samurai Deeper Kyo is pretty good along with Elfen Lied(spelling?)

Old October 24th, 2007, 11:22 pm
She Who Walks Behind

My favourite one at the moment are Bleach and Fruits Basket. I like Bleach for their fighting as main theme and the storyline and the complexity. And Fruits Basket also for the story and cuteness.

As for soundtrack. I don't listen to such things. But I pretty much liked the one from Silent Möbius also some of Fruits Basket, especially the Hatori/Kana part.

The End of the Dream.
Old October 26th, 2007, 3:10 am
Second Year

O.K. Fruits Basket theme song is not so bad- my daughter read my reply and informed me the person who does the vocals died, gosh I feel bad now.

Old October 29th, 2007, 2:23 am
Fourth Year

.. I have a lot of favourite anime.. Tsubasa, XXXHolic, Cardcaptor Sakura, Angelic Layer, Gundam Wing and Utena (And lots more)
But as for least favourite, I can't stand Fushigi Yuugi....

... My favourite soundtrack is the Utena movie soundtrack ^^''

When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.
Old October 29th, 2007, 9:13 pm
Sixth Year

Noir and Gunslinger Girl both have phenomenal soundtracks, especially Noir. Madlax is also good (done by the same people as Noir), but not on the same level as Noir.

Old November 6th, 2007, 6:14 pm
Hogsmeade's Worst Icon Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlice View Post
Love all Cowboy Bebop music from the sreies and movie. Fruits Basket used to annoy me to no end until I heard the theme song to Tokyo Mew Mew. The ending song for Samurai Deeper Kyo is pretty good along with Elfen Lied(spelling?)
I really loved Elfen Lied including its soundtrack which I just aquired this past weekend.

A least favorite show is Ranma 1/2. I don't remember the soundtrack of it, though.

Old November 19th, 2007, 11:08 pm
Fifth Year

Cowboy Bebop has some really good soundtracks. The Real Folks Blues is my fave.

Rurouni Kenshin's opening (Freckles) and ending song (Tactics) of season 1 was really good.

Samurai Deeper Kyo's Love Deeper and Blue Requiem

Ranma 1/2 are not bad either and of course Trigun

Old December 3rd, 2007, 5:35 am
First Year

My favorite anime soundtracks are Gunslinger Girl and School Rumble. GG has some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 7:57 pm

I just bought two soundtracks I love: X and Noir. I recommend the shows and the music.

Old July 23rd, 2008, 5:09 am
She Who Walks Behind

Noir opening is pretty good. I liked it very much.

Paranoia Agent opening and The Last Exile one are the best I heared in last time.
And the music playing during the Hatori/Kana scene in Fruits Basket is awesome too.

The End of the Dream.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 9:11 pm

I really enjoyed the Madlax soundtrack.

Old October 17th, 2008, 7:43 am
First Year

I like the music in Mermaid Melody especially 'Rainbow Notes'!
And at the end of Angelic Layer 'The Starry Sky'!
And in the opening and closing credits of InuYasha!!

Old October 17th, 2008, 10:20 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

I notice some of you are just answering the second half of the question and not the first.

Old October 17th, 2008, 12:55 pm
She Who Walks Behind

We are so soooorrryyyyy!!!

Ok from the 100s of animes I watched, fav shows (leaving out movies) are:
Bleach, City Hunter, Cowboy Bebop, Detective Conan, Digimon 1, Fruits Basket, Inu Yasha, Last Exile, Lupin III, Nadia- secret of blue water, Ranma 1/2, Shaman King, Cat's Eye, Kickers, Gundam Wing and much more.
Least favs are:
things like Yu-gi oh or beyblade or duel Master. What caused me a headache was Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.

The End of the Dream.
Old October 18th, 2008, 11:00 am
Fourth Year

I've seen too many anime to chose favorites, but I can bring up a few that haven't been mentioned yet. Urusei Yatsura (a Rumiko Takahashi creation, the manga started in the late 70's, the anime in the 80's), Kanon (2006 version) and Clannad (Kyoto Animation's adaptations of two of Key's visual novels), Lucky Star, and lately I've watched Ef - A Tale of Memories. They're all fairly popular among serious anime fans, but unfortunately mainstream shows like Inuyasha and Bleach tend to steal the spotlight.

Old October 18th, 2008, 2:28 pm
First Year

I'm not going to talk about the animes I like, because, I could probably use a few pages *coughs*

Currently, I'm in love with soundtracks like: Jigoku Shoujo OST 1, I'm still in love with NANA's soundtrack (ANNA TSUCHIYA inspi' NANA (BLACK STONES) & OLIVIA inspi' OLIVIA (TRAPNEST)). The Death Note soundtrack isn't a miss as well, very grand, epic, but lack melodic impressions. THe Tsubasa Chronicles' OST is very well conducted by Yuki Kajiura, which means her entire collection of works are quite splended as well...

ALI PROJECT usually do good job with themes, but their most excellence portrayal was in Lelouch, both of their songs IN Code Geass are still the highest played tracks of their whole discography. I would love to see more of their gentle side like the Opening of Maria-sama ga mitteru, or Wish, or CLAMP SCHOOL DETECTIVES. w

I can't think of others right now, but BLEACH THE BEST album doesn't make me regret my RM20 (about 7USD) xD

Old October 19th, 2008, 12:50 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Very nice picks everyone! I never got around to posting up my likes or dislikes, even after a year with this thread, so here goes. I won't give reasons why I like a series, just why I dislike them.

Favorite Anime Shows
Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors): I like both series, just wish I owned the boxset.
Kyatto Ninden Teyandee (Samurai Pizza Cats): I like both series, just wish I could see more of KNT.
Hunter x Hunter
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Gundam Wing
G Gundam
Outlaw Star
Azumanga Daioh
Cowboy Bebop
Meitantei Conan (Detective Conan)
Monster Rancher
Bannou Bunka Nekomusume Dash! (All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku Dash!)
Gunsmith Cats
Tenchi Muyo! OVA (The first Tenchi series)
Tenchi Muyo! TV (Tenchi Universe)
.hack//SIGN
Noir
Lupin III (As in the very first series, not Shin Lupin III when he's wearing the red jacket)
Dragon Ball & Sailor Moon (Guilty pleasures, I guess)

Liked Anime Soundtrack Collections (OSTs)
Noir
Cowboy Bebop
.hack//SIGN
X/1999
Mamono Hunter Yohko (Devil Hunter Yohko)
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon SuperS
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Digimon Adventure
Digimon Adventure 02
Digimon Tamers
Initial D
Gravitation
Inuyasha
Big O
Pokemon (Kanto-based stuff)
Meitantei Conan (Detective Conan)
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Hunter x Hunter
Najica Blitz Tactics

Disliked Anime Shows
Kanon: I personally found the characters a bit grating and annoying. I've never seen the 2006 remake, so I'm not sure if it improved any or not.

Fushigi Yuugi: Nice story, but I get this feeling that its manga would be better. Miaka's character, in my opinion, was highly annoying with her obsession over Tamohome.

Marmalade Boy: I was a fanatic of this when I first started watching it years ago. It was like an animated soap opera, but the love quadrilaterals that became prominent became tiresome and unncessary and, imo, ruined the show, which made it get to the point where it wasn't watchable anymore. Miki's character didn't help it either with her insecurity issues and always worrying over Yuu's getting attracted to someone else and leaving her, when it was obvious that the boy wasn't going anyplace.

Shin Shirayukihime Densetsu Pretear: I dislike this anime with a passion!! The manga was so nice, and one of my favorites! The anime, imo, just totally ruined it with its changes, such as Sasame's betrayal.

Oruchuban Ebichu: I was stupid for even attempting watching this, then again, I didn't know what type of show it was. I got it for a friend. He loved it, I thought it was a waste of my time. Just not my type of series.

Big O: The series just became extremely boring for me. The music for the show is great, though.

Dragon Ball GT: To paraphrase what I've said in the DB topic, I liked this in the beginning, mainly because it was going back to the whole "Dragon Ball" dynamic. An adventure to search for the Dragon Balls with obstacles, but, it became too much like Dragon Ball Z later on (come on, was SSJ4 Goku really necessary?), which turned me off from the series a lot. It became all about "power" as opposed to "skill", imo. I will admit to liking the last half of the final episode of the entire series. It was nice; Goku and Vegeta's descendants going against each other at a Martial Arts tournament while Videl (I think), Bulma, and Chichi were watching, while a "dead Goku" is watching as well. It was nice because it flashed back to how Goku's adventure first began all the way up to DBGT, while playing the full version of Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku. It made me incredibly nostalgic, and also made me want to watch Dragon Ball all over again, but never mind all that. lol

Najica Blitz Tactics: Great series, way too much fanservice, imo. I got tired of the constant panty shots.

Neon Genesis Evangeleon: Yes, I went there! I'm one of those who really did not care for this series and couldn't get into it at all. I still don't understand most people's fascination with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchHunter View Post
I've seen too many anime to chose favorites, but I can bring up a few that haven't been mentioned yet. Urusei Yatsura (a Rumiko Takahashi creation, the manga started in the late 70's, the anime in the 80's), Kanon (2006 version) and Clannad (Kyoto Animation's adaptations of two of Key's visual novels), Lucky Star, and lately I've watched Ef - A Tale of Memories. They're all fairly popular among serious anime fans, but unfortunately mainstream shows like Inuyasha and Bleach tend to steal the spotlight.
I had an episode of Ef - Tale of Memories, but never got around to watching it for some reason. I can't recall why.

I am watching Clannad~After Story~, though. No idea how the reg version of the series is, though. Two other series I'm trying out are Yotsunohana and Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. To Heart 2 is fun and To Heart 2 AD is nice as well. Usually, whatever Aquastar puts up, I just give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlyra View Post
I'm not going to talk about the animes I like, because, I could probably use a few pages *coughs*

Currently, I'm in love with soundtracks like: Jigoku Shoujo OST 1, I'm still in love with NANA's soundtrack (ANNA TSUCHIYA inspi' NANA (BLACK STONES) & OLIVIA inspi' OLIVIA (TRAPNEST)). The Death Note soundtrack isn't a miss as well, very grand, epic, but lack melodic impressions. THe Tsubasa Chronicles' OST is very well conducted by Yuki Kajiura, which means her entire collection of works are quite splended as well...
Yuki Kajiura was responsible for the .hack stuff too, to my knowledge. The styles are similar to that of Noir.
Quote:
ALI PROJECT usually do good job with themes, but their most excellence portrayal was in Lelouch, both of their songs IN Code Geass are still the highest played tracks of their whole discography. I would love to see more of their gentle side like the Opening of Maria-sama ga mitteru, or Wish, or CLAMP SCHOOL DETECTIVES.
I have a lot of Ali Project music, you know, original albums and all that, and I enjoy them very much. I'm not sure if the themes on the albums were used for any anime series or games or whatever, but they are very nice.

I only know of two songs right off, though, that were used in anime series as a main theme, and that's Kopperia no Hitsuji (Noir) and Mirai no Eve (Avenger). I've never seen Avenger, though.

Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; October 19th, 2008 at 1:03 pm.
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:38 pm
She Who Walks Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
It made me incredibly nostalgic, and also made me want to watch Dragon Ball all over again, but never mind all that. lol
Man, just yesterday I was thinking that I should watch it again. I didn't spent all this time with recording almost all episodes for nothing.

As for NGE. I guess that was the Mecha hype. With Gundam Wing or Rahxephon etc, this kind of series were hip. I never watched NGE, but it was noticable that many people watch it. It was topic in almost all anime magazin issues.

The End of the Dream.
Old October 21st, 2008, 1:34 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81
Kanon: I personally found the characters a bit grating and annoying. I've never seen the 2006 remake, so I'm not sure if it improved any or not.
Kyoto Animation's 2006 remake was a definite improvement over the original. It had 24 episodes instead of 13, which allowed them to flesh out the characters a bit more. They also managed made Yuichi (the main character) likable, something that visual novel/harem leads rarely accomplish. Of course, being a visual novel-turned-anime there are still generous helpings of moe to be had, but if that doesn't bother you then the 2006 Kanon is definitely worth a watch.
Quote:
I had an episode of Ef - Tale of Memories, but never got around to watching it for some reason. I can't recall why.
Ef is another one that's definitely worth watching. It start off a bit slow, but after 2 or 3 episodes it really picks up, and it's one of the best shows I've seen in awhile. There's another season airing now, Ef - A Tale of Melodies.

Quote:
I am watching Clannad~After Story~, though. No idea how the reg version of the series is, though.
Like the other Kyoani/Key series, Clannad is nothing short of excellence. Some of the story arcs are clearly heavily influenced by Kanon, but they do a good enough job of re-using them that it doesn't hurt the show.

Sorry if I sound like a bit of a fanatic, but I thoroughly enjoyed each of these shows.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime