Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Digimon!!

Old April 12th, 2008, 1:43 am
First Year

Re: Digimon!!

I like to wacth Digimon. Since they don't show digimon in spanish, I have to wacth it in youtube. My favorite season is the first one. The best digimon episodes in spanish in youtube are from molbit.

Gokudera is Ravenclaw

and

Yamamoto is Griffindor
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2008, 7:18 am
Third Year

I used to LOVE this show! I got up early to watch in every saturday morning when I was a kid. Digimon digimon monsters digimon monster trainers .... digimon digimon monsters ....

~shes gonna dream up the world she wants to live in
shes gonna dream out loud~

U2 -Zooropa

Old April 30th, 2008, 10:01 pm
First Year

Haha, I still watch Digimon every morning on Jetix! The first season was really good, but when I watch it now, some of the earlier episodes seem kind of cheesy. The later ones with Myotismon are classic though I liked season 2 a lot (except for that armor digivolve thing) and Oikawa (a bad guy near the end) is the basis for how Sirius Black looks in my head. I loved the third season and watched the entire thing religiously every morning at 7 and 7:30! I tried to make my own Digimon! The fourth season is where it kind of died for me because I really liked the idea of partner Digimon and they didn't have that Ah, well.

Old March 20th, 2009, 4:40 am
Second Year

I still die for Digimon...
one of my freak out obssesions in life after the chocolate and wine
I really loved all the seasons, but mostly 1-3
I loved Taichi and Yamato and how they cared for their sibling but also how they both constantly fought and at last became friends

The best pairing there could ever be was Takeru and Hikari
Since they were kids I knew there would be something between them

Proud Member of Gryffindor
Old March 20th, 2009, 10:42 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by merzi View Post
The best pairing there could ever be was Takeru and Hikari
Since they were kids I knew there would be something between them
Too bad it didn't happen.

Old March 20th, 2009, 11:08 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
Too bad it didn't happen.
Right... there were many couples I expected that never came to the light

Proud Member of Gryffindor
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:35 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by merzi View Post
Right... there were many couples I expected that never came to the light
Actually, those were one of the ones considered. The pairings that were considered were:

Taichi x Sora
Yamato x Sora
Ken x Miyako
Koushirou x Mimi
Takeru x Hikari

It was so over the board, they just chose two and went with it.

Old June 5th, 2009, 1:32 pm
First Year

I used to watch that show religiously when I was little. I never missed an episode from seasons 1 and 2. Then episode 3 came along and I lost all interest. I really didnt like that it had so little to do with the first two seasons that I loved so much.

Old June 8th, 2009, 9:46 am
She Who Walks Behind

Besides 1 & 2, did I find "Tamers" not bad at all. "Frontier" was on the border to acceptable, but the newest one "Data Squad" or whatever it's called. I watched one episodes and I was turned off already.

I still think that the German openings are the best though. I proudly admit that I listen to them frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
Taichi x Sora
Yamato x Sora
Ken x Miyako
Koushirou x Mimi
Takeru x Hikari
Who are Ken and Miyako again? I know the Ken from Digimon 2, but never heard of Miyako before.

Wasn't it Mimi/Yamato though?

The End of the Dream.
Old June 10th, 2009, 2:33 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
Besides 1 & 2, did I find "Tamers" not bad at all. "Frontier" was on the border to acceptable, but the newest one "Data Squad" or whatever it's called. I watched one episodes and I was turned off already.
I actually thought Savers had an interesting concept (figured you meant Savers since you said "newest"). To me, it was a nice mix of Adventure and Tamers. Adventure since the "partner" theme was back, and Tamers because of the secret government junk and the villains were actually decent. The main human villain had a vendetta to kill all Digimon in general, but there was a slight twist to that later on.

Ikuto (a character that comes in later) was interesting as well, having been raised by Digimon and having to readjust to the human world. He even spoke in broken Japanese (assumes broken English for the dub).
Quote:
Who are Ken and Miyako again? I know the Ken from Digimon 2, but never heard of Miyako before.
She's the person Ken ends up with at the end. They end up having three kids together.

Inoue Miyako. She's the one who can be blunt, yet caring, not your "traditional Japanese girl", since she's so outspoken, and why she wanted to change (but that's based on her image theme and dramas), she's good with computers, definitely a romantic, a bit shallow at times (goes by looks), was a member of the Odaiba Elementary Computer Club, good friends with Koushirou, who used to be President of the Odaiba Elementary School Computer Club before he started at Odaiba Junior High (02), worked on the sound (iirc) for Yamato's band. Was good friends with Iori as she used to babysit him, etc.
Quote:
Wasn't it Mimi/Yamato though?
Nope. Wish I still had the sources for this one, but that's one pairing that was popular outside of Japan, not within it. It wasn't even hinted at in any way or form. Koushirou x Mimi, on the other hand, actually was. Second Adventure Drama.

Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; June 10th, 2009 at 2:36 pm.
Old April 20th, 2010, 4:13 am
Third Year

Digimon is one of my favorite shows, even now that I'm in college. I've watch the first three seasons in the dub, and some of 02 with subs. I'm looking forward to watching Tamers with subs as well, though I actually really enjoy the Tamers dub.

I don't really think I fully appreciated Tamers when I was ten because I didn't pick up on any of the "darker" themes, but the whole season is basically Evangelion for Kids. I wasn't surprised when I learned it was written by the same guy who wrote Serial Experiments Lain. It is probably the best season overall. Not to mention the digivolution scenes are awesome, and Ruki/Rika is one of my favorite characters ever.

Adventure (season one) does seem downright silly in the dub now that I'm not eight anymore, and I now prefer 02 over it. Ken is another one of my favorite characters of all time, and Daisuke is one of my favorite goggleheads because he's such a genuinely sweet kid and just so adorable. I would really recommend 02 subbed, especially any of the Ken episodes, because I think they're beautifully written.

I'm currently watching Frontier. I don't like it the way I like the first three seasons at all. I hate the lack of the partner system, and the characters are just so blah and thus far undeveloped. I thought I might like Koji, but he just seems like a jerk to me, to be honest. For some reason, Koichi is the only character I can manage to like at all (I skipped ahead to some of his episodes).

I don't have any interest in watching Savers - what I've seen didn't appeal to me at all. But I'm still excited about the sixth season coming out (in Japan) in (I think) July.

Old July 27th, 2010, 12:31 pm
Third Year

I didn't watch the show too much, but I still remember a bit of the theme song, haha.

Old December 27th, 2010, 10:18 pm
First Year

I am also a huge fan of Digimon. As usual I only liked the original series, seems to be the one that's the best with most animes. The whole "something" digivolve to "something". And the idea of the crests and how they had to find them, and related to them somehow was quite clever. All in all, I thought it was a great show at the time, as well as others.

You have nothing to fear, if you have nothing to hide.
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:40 pm
First Year

I love the first and third season of Digimon~ ^w^
I remember when I was little and I used to pretend that I had a Digimon next to me at all times during school hours XD

If I was a Time Lord, I know that I would go to the world's biggest library and just read.
I want to be remembered as the girl who was there when she was needed, and the one who was the nicest of all.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime