Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Digimon!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old October 15th, 2007, 7:21 am
kuroi_shi's Avatar
kuroi_shi  Female.gif kuroi_shi is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 4759 days
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Posts: 553
Digimon!!

Any other Digimon fans here? ... I love the show ^^;; Season 4 was my favourite.. (Kouji and Kouichi were awesome.. I love the angsty type characters)
Season 5 came out in Japan recently.. I'm hoping it comes out here..


__________________

When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old October 15th, 2007, 7:18 pm
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4933 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Re: Digimon!!

I'm a fan of Digimon, although, I'm not too partial to its dubbed version, and haven't watched its dub since Digimon Adventure 02, which I found almost unbearable to watch. I prefer it in Japanese. Adventure too.

I never got the chance to watch all of Digimon Tamers, mainly because, at the time , I only had dial-up when the series was originally airing, and I was too lazy to get up early to watch its dub. I was told that dub wise, since Nimoy wasn't a writer for it, turned out to be the best dub wise (so far). Savers hasn't aired entirely yet.

As for Digimon Frontier, I only saw it in Japanese, and I didn't care for it too much, mainly because it turned into the Takuya and Kouji show. It was annoying for me, since the other characters were majorly shafted. IMO, Kouichi should've gotten way more story on his character, especially given his background. I really liked his character. IMO, to make the story really "twisted",
Spoiler: show
the writers should have killed him out.
My other gripe with Digimon Frontier, was the fact that they were trying to get too many evolutions into the series, and giving them all (most) to Kouji and Takuya.

As for Digimon Savers, I liked it okay since, in a way, it was sort of a mix of Digimon Adventure and Digimon Tamers...too bad it's months later after its ending, and I finally "get" Masaru's character, who I found to be completely annoying with his "fighting mentality".

The main thing I disliked about Savers, though, is how badly Yoshino's character was handled. She had a lot of potential, but she was shafted too, even though she was the oldest, most experienced member of the DATs team.

I didn't care for the ending much (since a sequel to that series would be nice, if focused around Chika and Ikuto), but I will admit that the villain for Savers was a really good one with no regard for human life nor Digimon life.

Character wise, I seem to really enjoy the Adventure/Adventure 02 characters. I just grew attached to them. All my fics even focus around the Adventure/Adventure 02 kids (my favorite Adventure character over all is Koushirou). I do have one fic that's supposed to be a mix of the Adventure/Adventure 02 and Tamers kids, and I still have a Tamers fic I want to write, but never got around to it.

With the Adventure/Adventure 02/Tamers fic, I just got in over my head with that one. I could never finish it. The fic takes place a few years after Adventure 02's epilogue, and it's about the kids of the Adventure kids, but they're playing roles in here as well. There's going to be a threat, and Gennai needs help from the Tamers (Ryou in particular), and sent someone to go get him to bring him back. As you know, Ryou is a dimension hopper, which makes it possible.

The Tamers fic was supposed to be a goofy, comedy fic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroi_shi View Post
Season 5 came out in Japan recently.. I'm hoping it comes out here..
Well, it's airing in the States to my knowledge (on Toon Disney), not sure about Canada. The show ended this past spring. I was apart of the group that subbed it as an editor.


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old October 15th, 2007, 11:02 pm
Tenshi's Avatar
Tenshi  Undisclosed.gif Tenshi is offline
She Who Walks Behind
 
Joined: 4854 days
Posts: 6,298
Re: Digimon!!

I liked the first season and Tamers best. The second wasn't bad either, but the others, especially Frontier didn't do much for me. I somehow didn't like the consept of Frontier at all.

As for the characters. In the first seasons Matt, Sora and TK were my favourites. Kari comes then in the second season. In Tamers I liked Rika and Henry best.


__________________


The End of the Dream.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old October 15th, 2007, 11:32 pm
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4933 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Re: Digimon!!

Oh, I forgot to list my favorite characters...

Favorite Goggleboy
Motomiya Daisuke (Digimon Adventure 02)
Matsuda Takato (Digimon Tamers)

Digimon Adventure
Izumi Koushirou
Kido Jou
Takenouchi Sora
Takaishi Takeru

Digimon Adventure 02
Tachikawa Mimi (her image theme truly made me a fan of her for season 2)
Hida Iori
Inoue Miyako
Ichijouji Ken

Digimon Tamers
Makino Ruki
Lee Jianliang/Jenrya
Kitagawa Kenta

Digimon Frontier
Kimura Kouichi
Himi Tomoki

Digimon Savers
Noguchi Ikuto
Daimon Chika
Kurosaki Miki
Shirakawa Megumi
Fujieda Yoshino

I'm tempted to list favorite pairings, but that'd be one long list. lol

Edit: Okay...I couldn't resist...

Digimon Adventure/Adventure 02
Taichi x Sora
Yamato x Sora

Koushirou x Mimi (Ultimate fav pairing period)
Jou x Mimi (Pretty much the only Jou pair I do like)
Michael x Mimi
Ryou x Mimi (I sorta like this one because of the games...she does flirt with him)
Yamato x Mimi (One-sided; I like Yamato > Mimi)

Koushirou x Miyako (My favorite Miyako pairing)
Ken x Miyako (I just find it incredibly cute; also my fav Ken pairing)
Iori x Miyako (I like it one-sided; Iori with a crush on Miyako)

Daisuke x Hikari
Koushirou x Hikari (I like this pairing angsty and one-sided; Hikari > Koushirou)
Takeru x Hikari (I kinda like this pairing very very angsty)
Ken x Hikari (I like this pairing one-sided; Hikari > Ken)

Takeru x Ken (I like this angsty and one-sided more so; Takeru > Ken; also my fav)
Takeru x Koushirou (Same as above, I really love this one one-sided lol; Takeru > Koushirou)
Takeru x Taichi (Same as above lol; Takeru > Taichi)
Takeru x Yamato (In an AU setting where they may be steps; one-sided; Takeru > Yamato)

Yamato x Jun (In an ironic sense where it's Yamato > Jun)
Yamato x Chizuru (Chizuru is Miyako's older sister; the one with the short hair)

Digimon Tamers
Jenrya x Ruki (Favorite for Tamers)
Ryou x Ruki
Hirokazu x Ruki (I like it one-sided; Hirokazu > Ruki)

Digimon Frontier
None...

Digimon Savers
Ikuto x Chika
Tohma x Sayuri (Sort of; I like Tohma's having a crush on her, even though she's a married woman)



Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; October 16th, 2007 at 12:00 am. Reason: Changed my mind...=P
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old October 20th, 2007, 12:46 am
HouseStark  Male.gif HouseStark is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 4084 days
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 327
Re: Digimon!!

Hah, Digimon was awesome when I was in like...4th grade. I think I was the only kid in my school that would argue Digimon over Pokemon, so I had alot of people to argue with.

Anyway, I liked seasons 1-3. Watched like 3 episodes of season 4, didnt get into it. The ending of season 1 was so great, season 2 was kinda meh but it got better when the season 1 people jumped back in.


__________________
All opinions in the above post are the personal opinions of HouseStark, unless they are quoted from another source. Any and all views in the above post are purely opinion, unless they can be verified by scientific data or historical record.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old October 20th, 2007, 2:07 am
Raven_Girly's Avatar
Raven_Girly  Female.gif Raven_Girly is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 5021 days
Location: LOST
Posts: 1,456
Re: Digimon!!

I only ever watched season one because I kind of lost interest after that. I think I got a bit confused over all the new characters and Digimon and I was more of a Pokemon fan to be honest. But the first season was neat. My favourite characters were Sora and Matt.


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old October 20th, 2007, 2:27 pm
hermione_angel  Female.gif hermione_angel is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3931 days
Location: London, United Kingdom
Age: 31
Posts: 35
Re: Digimon!!

I used to love watching Digimon when I was younger, but I only watched the first two seasons. Season 1 was awesome and I was so disappointed that Sora and Matt ended up together in season 2. I was a Tai and Sora supporter!
My favourite characters were Tai, Matt, Mimi, Kari, Yolei and Ken.


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old October 20th, 2007, 4:28 pm
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4933 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Re: Digimon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermione_angel View Post
I used to love watching Digimon when I was younger, but I only watched the first two seasons. Season 1 was awesome and I was so disappointed that Sora and Matt ended up together in season 2. I was a Tai and Sora supporter!
I don't know why people had a problem with that. I liked both pairings just fine. Getting right down to it, though, Sora and Yamato kind of fits, especially if you listen to the love-letter drama. Koushirou was writing a love-letter, and Taichi and the others were trying to figure out who it was for, and everyone (minus Hikari) figured it had to have been for Mimi. Hikari was the only one who was opposed to the letter being for Mimi.

In that drama (which does take place in Season 1), Sora straight up said that she didn't like "younger guys" and it's alluded that Sora does act old for her age. Yamato, compared to Taichi, is pretty mature.

That aside, in a way, I'm glad that they didn't end up together. I would've been disappointed.

IMO, Sora did have a crush on Taichi...movie 2 really showed it, but Taichi had no romantic feelings towards her and still only saw her as a "friend" as he wasn't mature enough for girls yet. Sora probably got tired of waiting, and outgrew her crush on Taichi, and began to like Yamato. At that point, Taichi started to see Sora as a "romantic interest", but, he was just too late.

It was nice and realistically done, imo.


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old October 20th, 2007, 4:49 pm
hermione_angel  Female.gif hermione_angel is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3931 days
Location: London, United Kingdom
Age: 31
Posts: 35
Re: Digimon!!

I haven't heard the love-letter drama so that's probably why I never supported the pairing. However, I disagree with the point that Taichi is somehow not as mature as Yamato. Sure, Yamato may be more cool, but I thought that Taichi showed a lot of maturity in leading the team in the first season and he was so mature when Sora turned him down at Yamato's concert (season 2, episode 38). He was completely cool then and it did show that Taichi had feelings for Sora. I mean, Yamato is one of my favourite characters so I'm not trying to bash him or anything, but honestly, all his angsting in the first season wasn't exactly what I saw as mature. Taichi at least stuck to his guns and for a kid of his age, he showed a tonne of maturity and strength. Sora's a nice character and if she perferred Yamato to Taichi, fine, but I was always under the impression that Taichi and Sora would end up together because of their interaction in the first season. In regards to the anime, I don't know how Yamato suddenly ended up in the picture when it seemed that Taichi and Sora were closest to each other.


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old October 20th, 2007, 6:14 pm
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4933 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Re: Digimon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermione_angel View Post
I haven't heard the love-letter drama so that's probably why I never supported the pairing.
The love-letter drama was mostly Koushirou x Mimi/Koushirou x Hikari oriented. It was between those two as to whom the love-letter Koushirou wrote was for. Mimi even has Koushirou tied up while everyone was discussing it. It was funny. She had Palmon tie him up. Taichi then went into "detective" mode to try and figure out whom the letter could be for.

I only mentioned Sora to establish her personality. Her character is old for her age and she obviously isn't interested in younger guys.
Quote:
However, I disagree with the point that Taichi is somehow not as mature as Yamato.
Actually, he is. Coolness has nothing to do with it. Taichi, compared to Yamato, is immature. Taichi is more playful in nature and such compared to Yamato. Yamato's character has always been serious, and, when you get right down to it, he's more independent too, since he grew up with his father. I was under the impression that Yamato did pretty much everything, from cooking to cleaning given his father's job. Taichi's always had his mother and such to do things for him, like cooking, cleaning, etc., since his mother was a housewife.
Quote:
Sure, Yamato may be more cool, but I thought that Taichi showed a lot of maturity in leading the team in the first season and he was so mature when Sora turned him down at Yamato's concert (season 2, episode 38).
Yeah, because Taichi was older. Notice when I mentioned when Taichi wasn't very mature...when he was younger and not interested in girls. In movie 2, he was 12. He didn't even understand why Sora was upset over his birthday gift to her. This, to me, showed that Taichi had no romantic interest in Sora, given the way he reacted, and how Sora had an interest in him since she was way too offended over the gift. To me, Taichi wasn't mature enough to be interested in girls.

In Adventure 02, Taichi's character was 14, so of course he'd be a bit more mature, but since it took him so long, Sora outgrew her crush on Taichi, and grew interested in Yamato.
Quote:
He was completely cool then and it did show that Taichi had feelings for Sora.
Yep, because he was more mature compared to his 12 year-old-self from Bokura no Wargame.
Quote:
I mean, Yamato is one of my favourite characters so I'm not trying to bash him or anything, but honestly, all his angsting in the first season wasn't exactly what I saw as mature.
His angsting was actually expected, imo. Yamato took the divorce and split between his parents and from his brother terribly. He always felt that it was necessary to watch over Takeru. He had to feel needed, imo, but when Takeru inadvertently rejected him, as he managed to get away from Pinnochimon (Puppetmon) on his own. It's like his main purpose was to be Takeru's protector. He just didn't take it very well, and was then brainwashed by Jureimon (Cherrymon). After that, he had to work things out on his own.
Quote:
Taichi at least stuck to his guns and for a kid of his age, he showed a tonne of maturity and strength.
Not entirely. Taichi had this bad habit of rushing right into things without thinking things through entirely. He wasn't a planner or anything. Because of that, he got Sora and Piyomon kidnapped by Nanomon (Datamon). He learned from that, of course, though.
Quote:
Sora's a nice character and if she perferred Yamato to Taichi, fine, but I was always under the impression that Taichi and Sora would end up together because of their interaction in the first season.
But it was still one-sided no matter how you look at it. Taichi did not show an interest in Sora. In movie 2 (Bokura no Wargame), pretty much the same thing. It was still one-sided. They were childhood friends and all, but that doesn't mean anything and there's never the guarantee that childhood friends grow up to become married or whatever.
Quote:
In regards to the anime, I don't know how Yamato suddenly ended up in the picture when it seemed that Taichi and Sora were closest to each other.
The show was about the Digimon and saving their world as well as the human world...the personal lives of the older kids. Taichi, Yamato, and Sora all went to the same school, so they saw one another on a daily basis.

That aside, I like a lot of pairings. *Points to list a few posts back* Yamato x Sora and Taichi x Sora I like. ^_^



Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; October 20th, 2007 at 6:19 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old October 21st, 2007, 2:05 am
hermione_angel  Female.gif hermione_angel is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3931 days
Location: London, United Kingdom
Age: 31
Posts: 35
Re: Digimon!!

I see what you mean, but to be fair, I'm still confused as to how Yamato ended up in the picture. There was very little interaction between Yamato and Sora and while Sora may have grown to fall in love with Yamato, it wasn't convincing for me because of their lack of interaction. When Sora turned Taichi down for Yamato, I felt like I missed a LOT between season 1 and 2 and wanted an explanation.

As for the the birthday gift incident, you have to give Taichi a break. If I were Taichi, I'd probably react the same way if Sora suddenly took my gift giving the wrong way. Sora took the present (hairclip) and starting going on about how the fact that he got her a hairclip was his way of telling her that he didn't like her hairstyle. It was petty and I'd be a little affronted too if she reacted that way. Seeing as it was such a small, petty thing, how do you know that Yamato wouldn't have reacted the same way? I'd be rather surprised of anyone that could understand why Sora had reacted that way! Taichi at least tried to apologise to her and he even got flustered when he nearly typed "love" instead of "from" at the end of his email. Even he was unsure of what he meant. That to me is an indication that he had feelings for Sora. It's all a point of view. In fact, it almost seemed as if Sora was concerned about how Taichi felt about her looks. Apparently she said, "you don't like my hairstyle?" and then she asked Taichi if he liked her hat. In my opinion, this sort of reaction signifies a crush. Why on earth would she overreact on something as small as how her hair looked if she wasn't worried about what Taichi thought about the way she looked? She's supposed to be the mature one and her reaction wasn't mature at all. You know what they say? People do silly things when they're crushing on someone or in love with someone. This to me explains why mature Sora suddenly went medieval on Taichi. It's quite realistic that Sora got angry at Taichi because that's something that is quite typical of young people who have crushes - boys and girls tease their crushes sometimes and the recipient of the crush is often left feeling totally confused - much like Taichi. So, in short, I don't think he was being immature at all. I can understand what you mean about Yamato perhaps being more grown up than Taichi, but like I said, would Yamato have reacted any differently in that situation? The fact that Taichi was willing to apologise even though he had done nothing wrong, shows me that he is very mature. This is why I don't think it was one-sided. We didn't have Yamato to make that comparison or to make any statement at all since he seemed to never even talk to Sora.

I also don't think Yamato is more independant than Taichi. Due to circumstances, of course they grew up differently, but Taichi is a very, very brave person and while he may have been more playful and reckless, he stayed focused on his goals and he never backed down. Being independant requires a degree of bravery and Taichi demonstrated this well in season 1. Yamato and Taichi may be independant in different ways, but I can't see Yamato as being more independant than Taichi simply because he only grew up with his father. At the end of season 1, we saw that Yamato needed to be back with his friends and he was ultimately happy to be back with them. He tried being independant, but with his crest of friendship he needed his friends and was lost without them.

It's okay to think that Taichi didn't seem interested in girls in season 1, but was Yamato interested in girls? No. Both of them had more pressing concerns (the Digital World and their siblings), so I don't think it's fair to compare them on their levels of maturity because as I've tried to explain, there are many varying factors to consider. We've also clearly got different ideas of what it means to be "mature" and I think that's why we disagree. I can see Taichi's maturity while you can see Yamato's maturity overshadowing it. What's at question is really our definition of "maturity".


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old October 21st, 2007, 3:42 am
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4933 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Re: Digimon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermione_angel View Post
I see what you mean, but to be fair, I'm still confused as to how Yamato ended up in the picture. There was very little interaction between Yamato and Sora and while Sora may have grown to fall in love with Yamato, it wasn't convincing for me because of their lack of interaction. When Sora turned Taichi down for Yamato, I felt like I missed a LOT between season 1 and 2 and wanted an explanation.
It's just all off screen. They were already friends anyway, so they had that going for them.
Quote:
As for the the birthday gift incident, you have to give Taichi a break. If I were Taichi, I'd probably react the same way if Sora suddenly took my gift giving the wrong way. Sora took the present (hairclip) and starting going on about how the fact that he got her a hairclip was his way of telling her that he didn't like her hairstyle.
I thought it was her hat.
Quote:
It was petty and I'd be a little affronted too if she reacted that way. Seeing as it was such a small, petty thing, how do you know that Yamato wouldn't have reacted the same way? I'd be rather surprised of anyone that could understand why Sora had reacted that way!
No adolescent boy would have, more than likely.
Quote:
Taichi at least tried to apologise to her and he even got flustered when he nearly typed "love" instead of "from" at the end of his email.
I don't remember that for the original version of the movie. To me, he was coming across as annoyed.
Quote:
Even he was unsure of what he meant. That to me is an indication that he had feelings for Sora.
Watch the original version to see why I didn't get that impression at all.
Quote:
It's all a point of view. In fact, it almost seemed as if Sora was concerned about how Taichi felt about her looks. Apparently she said, "you don't like my hairstyle?" and then she asked Taichi if he liked her hat. In my opinion, this sort of reaction signifies a crush. Why on earth would she overreact on something as small as how her hair looked if she wasn't worried about what Taichi thought about the way she looked? She's supposed to be the mature one and her reaction wasn't mature at all. You know what they say? People do silly things when they're crushing on someone or in love with someone. This to me explains why mature Sora suddenly went medieval on Taichi. It's quite realistic that Sora got angry at Taichi because that's something that is quite typical of young people who have crushes - boys and girls tease their crushes sometimes and the recipient of the crush is often left feeling totally confused - much like Taichi.
I never said otherwise. I said that movie 2 shows that Sora obviously had some type of liking towards Taichi because of her reaction to the gift, but imo, not Taichi. Seems, to me, that he just picked up a generic "girl gift" and gave it to her. Seems that if he was romantically interested in her, he would've given a better gift, or maybe something "tennis" or "sports" oriented in general. By that time, Sora was beginning to start playing Tennis. Her mother was pretty much teaching it to her (drama). Jou mentioned it to his older brother how Sora was becoming more feminine and stuff and playing tennis, and her in a skirt was weird to see. I also found out, that the Odaiba Elementary Soccer Club consisted of all boys, and she was the first girl on the team, which was pretty cool...but I'm going OT here. lol

I do like the fact that his e-mail finally got through, even if Hikari did mess it up at the end of it making it seem more "romance oriented" than Taichi would've had it. I just like the fact that she sent a message back with a pic of her wearing his hair clips.
Quote:
It's okay to think that Taichi didn't seem interested in girls in season 1, but was Yamato interested in girls? No. Both of them had more pressing concerns (the Digital World and their siblings),
To be honest, Yamato strikes me as the type that would be interested, but wouldn't go out of his way to date a girl.
Quote:
so I don't think it's fair to compare them on their levels of maturity because as I've tried to explain, there are many varying factors to consider. We've also clearly got different ideas of what it means to be "mature" and I think that's why we disagree. I can see Taichi's maturity while you can see Yamato's maturity overshadowing it. What's at question is really our definition of "maturity".
Well, Yamato comes across as being more "grown up", and if that's any indication, then I could see why Sora works okay with Yamato compared to Taichi, because of her personality. To me, that shows how much more "mature" he is, just by the way he acts and carries himself.

That aside, maybe it's their crests too....you know, symbolic reasoning. You can't have friendship without love and vice-versa...then again, for one to be courageous, he/she has to have love for whatever it is he/she is being courageous over...but, you can have love without courage...goofy, I know.

Either way, I like both pairings, regardless if there's hints or not for either. Look at my favorite overall pairing...Koushirou x Mimi. Hardly anything for that pair...'cept for that love-letter drama, pretty much, and the listeners still never find out who the letter is for because his laptop beeps when he finally gives a name (everyone else was fighting at this time). "Well, it's...<beeeeeeeeeeep>-san..." It's so ambigous since, for the first series, Koushirou uses the "san" honorific with everyone 'cept for Takeru.


Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old October 21st, 2007, 5:48 am
HouseStark  Male.gif HouseStark is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 4084 days
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 327
Re: Digimon!!

....you're writing pages about romantic pairings in DIGIMON


__________________
All opinions in the above post are the personal opinions of HouseStark, unless they are quoted from another source. Any and all views in the above post are purely opinion, unless they can be verified by scientific data or historical record.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old October 21st, 2007, 1:22 pm
hermione_angel  Female.gif hermione_angel is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3931 days
Location: London, United Kingdom
Age: 31
Posts: 35
Re: Digimon!!

Well, I suppose all we can do is agree to disagree at this point?
The whole hairclip/hairstyle/hat incident and both character's reactions was a huge indication to me that they both liked each other (even Taichi having romantic feelings for Sora). I suppose it depends on our own interpretation of the event since we both saw it differently. The time between season 1 and 2 seems crucial to a proper argument for the pairings, but we saw so little of it and all we can do at best is make assumptions with what we're left with.

HouseStark, what's your point? We were both fans of it and questions of the romantic pairings were a part of the fandom. The characters did grow up you know
I'm not a Digimon fan anymore, but it's nice to reminisce on something that I liked so much when I was younger.


__________________

Last edited by hermione_angel; October 21st, 2007 at 1:33 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old October 21st, 2007, 11:28 pm
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4933 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Re: Digimon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermione_angel View Post
Well, I suppose all we can do is agree to disagree at this point?
Yeah, probably, even though both pairings are fine. As I said a load of times, I like Sora paired with either boy. I don't prefer one over the other. I liked her paired with Taichi first, though, and then right before I started up with 02, I started liking Yamato x Sora. I'm glad to say that I'm a bit objective here, as I don't prefer one over the other. Fic wise, if I include a Sora pairing, I might have her paired with Taichi, another I might have her paired with Yamato. ^_^

I love the whole triangle with those three for some reason.
Quote:
The whole hairclip/hairstyle/hat incident and both character's reactions was a huge indication to me that they both liked each other (even Taichi having romantic feelings for Sora). I suppose it depends on our own interpretation of the event since we both saw it differently.
Maybe. I don't remember the dub much at all and from what I do remember of the dub movie, I didn't like it. I remember more about the original Japanese version (I have it on VHS), and based on that, that's why I don't feel there was much of anything on Taichi's side for Sora.
Quote:
The time between season 1 and 2 seems crucial to a proper argument for the pairings, but we saw so little of it and all we can do at best is make assumptions with what we're left with.
A pretty good assumption, though, is that Sora "outgrew" Taichi and grew interested in Yamato, imo. We can only speculate, for the most part. IMO, up until 02, Taichi didn't seem to like Sora in "that way" until 02 rolled around.

Either way, it's still only speculation. There are dramas that take place between Adventuer and Adventure 02, but nothing that focuses on the love lives of the Chosen Children, 'cept for that Valentine's Drama, but that's "after the fact" and is Daisuke focused and kind of "dark evolves" into Kaiser Daisuke, something like that. He's trying to emulate others since he wants the girls to like him. He tries to emulate Yamato, Koushirou, and then he gets depressed, and tries to be like Ken, only as the Kaiser, which was cute, because he was much too nice. All the girls are kidnapped for this drama too by some Digimon. It takes place February of 2003, iirc. Yamato and Sora are already paired up and stuff.
Quote:
I'm not a Digimon fan anymore, but it's nice to reminisce on something that I liked so much when I was younger.
I sorta got back into it since Digimon Savers came out last year. I helped to fansub it before it got a license to be shown here. Digimon Savers was actually pretty interesting. I liked the concept behind it...just didn't like the main character much. I did like the fact that the whole,in order to have a partner, you have to be 12 or younger (an actual child) thing. Masaru and Tohma were 14, while Yoshino was 18. It was nice to have the three main characters as teens/adults. No "goggleboy" either.



Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; October 21st, 2007 at 11:43 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old November 4th, 2007, 10:59 pm
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 4724 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,596
Re: Digimon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroi_shi View Post
Any other Digimon fans here? ... I love the show ^^;; Season 4 was my favourite.. (Kouji and Kouichi were awesome.. I love the angsty type characters)
Season 5 came out in Japan recently.. I'm hoping it comes out here..
I loved to watch that show ! Too bad I don't have cable so I could catch up on the more recent episodes of it .

IceLeomon was my favorite Digimon !


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old November 19th, 2007, 10:10 pm
MagicianGirl  Female.gif MagicianGirl is offline
Fifth Year
 
Joined: 5495 days
Location: Isle of the Wind
Posts: 769
Re: Digimon!!

I used to be a HUGE fan of Digimon especially the first season. I watched the second season and I remember some really big debates on almost all kinds of topics. Digimon Tamers was ok but after that I never watched anymore season.

Wargreymon is my all-time favorite Digimon .


Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old November 21st, 2007, 5:50 pm
SSJ_Jup81's Avatar
SSJ_Jup81  Female.gif SSJ_Jup81 is offline
Secret Chocolate Keeper
 
Joined: 4933 days
Location: 東京
Age: 36
Posts: 6,232
Re: Digimon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermione0014 View Post
i love digimon a lot.
What do you like about it?


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old January 12th, 2008, 2:15 am
potterposse  Female.gif potterposse is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 4324 days
Location: A toilet paper fort, in Narnia
Age: 26
Posts: 1,132
Re: Digimon!!

I only watched the first two (i think...the original characters when they are teens????), I loved it. I haven't seen any of the new ones.


__________________
There is no fear in love; for perfect love casteth out fear.
- I John 4:18


PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 9:12 am.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.