Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall

Reason Behind Your Username

Old March 24th, 2008, 2:57 am
Fourth Year

Re: Reason Behind Your Username

hmm...well, i live in the american south, and i like harry potter, so DixieWitch just fit.

"Things are never quite as scary when you're with your best friend."
My deviantART page:

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
"Writers are an ornery lot, and apt to run off in the oddest directions when you give them an idea." -Bruce Coville
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:45 pm
Second Year

I chose Hannah because it is my first name and then just plonked 'sunshine' at the front because I like sunshine and it sounds nice.

Hannah Louise <3 xx
Old March 29th, 2008, 1:49 am
First Year

Uggg, well this is a looooong one, so plz skip to the next one if you don't want to read an essay. I will try to make this brief.

O.k., so my sister and I were writing a story together, using the form of writing called the Letter Game. (One person writes one on a plot, the other person responds and writes on a different plot. They usually tie together.) It was set in the Regency Period in England, so I had a bit of trouble deciding a name. The only reason for my Pain and/or Suffering on this matter was because my sister had already chosen Elizabeth/Lizzie. (in the end, I ended up choosing Penelope, though why I didn't just choose any name from Pride and Prejudice, I have no Idea.)

So, like a few months after we started, my mom (who is also a member, along with my sister,) let me have a COS forums account. I spent the better part of an hour trying to decide. I first thought Maybe Lady_Lupine, (like the flower) but I ixnayed it. Then i thought Penelope_Potter, but then my brothers would tell mom that my name was PP. (say it out loud if you don't get it.) so, remembering the great injustice of picking names for the story, I decided on Lizzy_Potter! Taa-Daa!

'I'm sorry, but I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV Series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended." -Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory
Old March 30th, 2008, 6:29 am
First Year

well as you can tell luv2twirl has nothing to do with harry potter.....thats one reason why i use this username bc i couldn't think of a good harry potter related name that wasn't already taken......anyways luv2twirl is my username because i'm a majorette ( u know..baton twirler) i absolutely love it!!! not only am i a majorette, i'm one of the first at my school =D i've been twirling for four years now and i'll be a sophmore in highshcool this fall = ]

Old April 7th, 2008, 7:25 pm
Second Year

It Has To Do Something With My Lastname

Old April 7th, 2008, 7:32 pm
First Year

Erm...I love Lupin and I'm totally angelic, so....

Old April 8th, 2008, 12:06 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LupinsAngel View Post
Erm...I love Lupin and I'm totally angelic, so....
Cool I Like It

Old April 8th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Second Year

Well, my regular username, "Re-reader," was taken here. In real life, I am an attorney. "Legalese" is a term used for incomprehensible law-related explanations or jargon used by a lawyer, and I have been known in real life to speak in legalese on occasion.

Below is an example of actual "legalese" in a document I actually worked on (names of real parties have been redacted to protect the innocent until proven guilty):

Quote:
The second paragraph cited merely states that the first paragraph (i.e., the obligation to indemnify ) “shall apply” even if A's negligence caused the injury at issue. But Paragraph 4(a), which did not satisfy the express negligence test, represents a “0 ” on the scale of valid indemnity language. Because “0” times anything else still yields “0,” an invalid indemnity remains invalid, even if a secondary provision says that the invalid language applies at all times or, as here: “whether or not the . . . damage . . . was caused . . . by the . . . negligence . . . of [A].” The two poorly drafted, contradictory paragraphs 4(a) and 4(b) in Form 1 do not, singly or in combination, satisfy the express negligence test set out by this Court. The court of appeals’ contrary holding should be reversed.
For a number of reasons there was no mutual assent to Form 1 and its terms, and the trial court granted summary judgment. The court of appeals reversed the grant of summary judgment and held that Purchase Order Q with its “attending provisions” (including Form 1) “was the operative contractual document in effect” on the date of the injury. A waived the verified denial issue by not raising it in the trial court. A argues that “H never filed a verified denial of the execution of a contract,” and that as a result H has waived the right to raise the issue of mutual assent. The short answer to A’s waiver argument is that A failed to raise that argument in the trial court; accordingly, any waiver issue was itself waived.
Can you tell why I need to escape by coming to places like this?

Tolkien exploded: "What has it got to do with the story? Where is this place? Why emus? And what is the thing in the foreground with the pink bulbs?" When the reply came that the artist hadn't had time to read the book, and that the object with the pink bulbs was "meant to suggest a Christmas tree,' Tolkien could only answer: "I begin to feel that I am shut up in a madhouse."
Old April 9th, 2008, 9:14 pm
First Year

Well dedication to the Blacks and the willow tree is my favorite tree...

Severus Snape - the work of Tobias Snape and Elieen Prince. Spun into existence by J.K Rowling.
Old April 9th, 2008, 9:48 pm
Second Year

..Most obvious in the world.

Old April 14th, 2008, 8:46 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

The simple reason that I like furry dice in cars, I think they're fun. Plus I wanted a kinda different user name.

Old April 14th, 2008, 9:38 pm
First Year

TypeZero, after the Nirvash Type Zero from Eureka Seven. I chose it because of its connections to the characters in the anime and the overall spirit of it. I would used Type TheEnd, but that didn't work so well.

Old April 15th, 2008, 7:54 pm
First Year

I have a few reasons for choosing my name:
1)"The" because I felt like it! lol
2)"Potty" because I am potty
3)"Potter" cuz I luv Harry Potter's world
4)I couldn't think of anything else at the time I registered!!

Old April 16th, 2008, 11:34 am
Third Year

Well, mine is not too original, it's the combination of my 2 sons' names. And it sounds nice.

Old April 27th, 2008, 11:15 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeZero View Post
TypeZero, after the Nirvash Type Zero from Eureka Seven. I chose it because of its connections to the characters in the anime and the overall spirit of it. I would used Type TheEnd, but that didn't work so well.
i love eureka seven

i love Fred... maybe it's George
Old April 28th, 2008, 8:18 am
Fourth Year

I wanted to be Phoenixgurl25, but someone already had it. Changing the number was not an option (25 is my favorite/lucky number), so I sat for like 20 minutes trying to think of another magical creature to use for my name, and my mom suggested houseelf. I don't belong to any other forums, so it was the first time I really had to pick out a username, and I've grown quite fond of this one

Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathise with humans whose experiences we have never shared.-JK Rowling
Old April 28th, 2008, 8:55 am
First Year

My granddad used to call me "doeeyes" 'cause of my eyes. I can't recall him calling me that way, but my mom just told me about it a few years after he died. I really like that "name", so I decided to use it. And my favorite number is 8.

Old April 28th, 2008, 11:43 pm
First Year

Uh...Ok, get ready.

I was writing a story.

In the story were these people who's jobs were to be the peace-keepers to the country, later shortened to Keepers. I already had a profile here, but for some reason, I couldn't find it. Personally, I think it was because I was using my mom's email and she deleted the mail account. Anyway, I was trying to think of a new user name and couldn't get this story out of my head, because I could not, no matter how hard I tried, think of a name for the country. It was seriously driving up the wall!

So I'm sitting there, banging my head on the desk, when my mom comes in and tells me... well, to stop banging my head on the desk. This makes me look at the keybord see the letter A. I think, Wow, I like the letter A (I was tired). I wished I had more A's in my name. (and it is such a pretty letter) I randomly typed in the letter A. Then I remembered one of the original character's names was Arron.

I changed the spelling, thinking, why on earth can't I name the country after him? So he became Aran. but I was still stuck. So I close my eyes and type in a random letter. Y. Arany? I didn't like it, but I did like the letter A, so I stuck that at the end. Aranya. But the Y was bugging me. I changed it to a J, but fixed it with the country's language so it was still pronounced uh-ron-yuh. I didn't have any paper around and I knew I wouldn't remember the name if I didn't write it down, so I made my username IAmAKeeperOfAranja, thought it was too long, and cut the first three words.

Voila! The country was named, the day was saved, and I had a completely random username I am now stuck with. Usually, it's got something to do with King Arthur, but not this time. I'm a Keeper.

Felis Draconis Among The Tame NaNoWriMo 2008

My Story, Non-HP---------> The Hands Of The Poet Please read and and leave feedback. Or I'll sick the Antonym on you!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 4:52 am
Secret Keeper

My user-name is quite basic:

-I went to Lewis & Clark High School

-I play Baseball

-My jersey # was 22

therefore, lcbaseball22, although I should have Captitilized LC, because everyone thinks it's ic

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:48 pm
Defender of Dogs

When I joined, my username was deathly721. The deathly was obviously from DH, and 721 is July 21st, the day it was released. I changed it to DeathlyH, even though I wanted to take out the numbers and just be Deathly but it was already taken.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall