Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall

What annoys you most?

Old June 19th, 2009, 10:41 pm
First Year

Re: What annoys you most?

I get annoyed when people have long conversations in the middle of a movie in the movie theater. Or take out their cell phones, as someone said. Bad grammar also gets on my nerves

Last edited by Radish_Earrings; June 19th, 2009 at 10:44 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2009, 5:58 am
First Year

I am also annoyed by bad grammar... Wait! you didn't put a period at the end of your frowney face, lol, jkness.

I am irritated by too many things to be healthy about it, but one is being minutely scrutinied by somebody when I'm doing some extremely ordinary task.

"Oh no, you've got to answer the question," said Luna.
"What if you get it wrong?"
"Well, you have to wait for somebody who gets it right," said Luna. "That way you learn, you see?"

Old June 25th, 2009, 6:56 am
Seventh Year

I also get really annoyed by terribly slow people. Like someone at work, who shall remain nameless. This is what happened.

Annoyer: Ally, where is the file for 13 Alpine Circuit?
Ally: In the Admin file on the computer.
Annoyer: Where's that?
Ally: In My Documents.
Annoyer: Ok.

*5 minutes later*

Annoyer: Ally, where can I find My Documents?

Old June 26th, 2009, 11:21 am
Fourth Year

Well this is something that isn't annoying me but what I'm doing to annoy someone.

This guy's my best friend and we've been fighting everyday non-stop for the last month because neither of us can resist provocation and we fight about the silliest things. Today he told me I'm too psycho so I told him I would be totally sensible from now on.
So now I'm behaving like a model of perfection and he's so unbelievably freaked out and I am so enjoying this.

That'll teach him to mess with a Scorpion.

Old July 26th, 2009, 6:05 pm
First Year

The thing that annoys me most is that some people just can't be straight up and honest to you.

Proud Member of Gryffindor!!

Nice to meet you, I'm Emmalee, but please call me Emma!
Old July 27th, 2009, 3:21 am
First Year

It drives me up the wall when I tell the truth and people think I'm lying.

Old July 27th, 2009, 5:53 am
Third Year

I have a friend who is clumsy to begin with, but purposely falls, run into things, and hurts herself to get more attention. It just irks me when she does that.

I also don't like it when you say "thank you!" to someone and they don't say "you're welcome!" hahaha, I'm a bit lame, yes, but I just like a little acknowledgment for my thanks.

Old July 29th, 2009, 2:51 am
First Year

People who think they are better than others just because they wear the most expensive clothes and talk trash about anyone who is dressed "to the latest trend". Also people who judge others just by looking at them.

Old August 1st, 2009, 7:50 am
Third Year

People that pay with checks

80% of the elderly.

People who pay for a really small transaction with a hundred dollar bill, not long after we've just opened.

Old September 5th, 2009, 2:25 pm
Sixth Year

People who lie
People who pretend to be something they aren't
Rudeness
Text speak and lazy/bad spelling
People who think that "Have you put on weight?" is an acceptable sentence to say out loud in the middle of the street (happened to a friend I was with the other day - not cool.)

Squirrelio Fans - If you love Flashforward, listen to our podcast!
Obliviate! - Come join my Harry Potter/Flashforward forum!
Old September 5th, 2009, 6:05 pm
Fourth Year

Rude people

People who talk to you with a mouth full of food/gum - it just makes me want to hurl.

Especially people who resent babies because they cry! Seriously, it's a baby, it can't tell you what's wrong with it through speech, it's only other solution is to cry. Everyone was that age once, it's not their fault. The baby is crying, don't get annoyed at it because you're in a library or theatre, get over it.

People who aren't true to themselves and pretend to be people they're not.

Liars.

Utopia: Teddy Lupin - 2009+

Thora Jinks - 2008/2010

And if you're feeling it, take a look at my art!

Old September 5th, 2009, 6:53 pm
First Year

Here's the list (in no particular order)

-my Physics professor
-politics
-stupid, unnecessary questions
Eg: 'Are you sleeping?'
Not anymore...
-schoolmates who are obsessed with their grades

Old September 5th, 2009, 8:05 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

I'm annoyed by shows like "American Idol" which offer little but a slim chance of being a successful recording artist as a prize.

What they need to do is offer a certain prize for the winner of say one million dollars as a lump sum, so even if the winner doesn't become a successful singer, they'll at least have something to show for their efforts.

The runner-up on the show should get 500 thousand dollars, and the third place should get 250 thousand dollars.

That would be fairer.

Old September 7th, 2009, 2:42 am
Sixth Year

I'm sure I posted this earlier, but since my school year started recently, it reminded me how much I get annoyed by kids that stand in the middle of the hallway and form a huge group where everyone has to squeeze around (this seems to be majority of the freshmen that do this >>). Or when you're trying to get to class, and everyone walks sooooo slow in front of you and as you try to get around, they speed up... Or they walk on the wrong side of the hallway.

Or people that show too much PDA (public display of affection) at school. I'm fine with normal couple stuff like holding hands, but when it's full on making out against my locker, I get irritated...

People who complain how 'fat' they are when they clearly aren't.

Majority of the freshmen and sophomore's who feel the need to talk loudly about their 'sex' lives for everyone too hear in way too much detail.

Kids who speak rudely to adults, I have no idea how teachers deal with it; all the more kudos to them.

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old September 7th, 2009, 6:19 am
Third Year

When I'm at work, working behind the register and someone asks "do you know where the bathroom is"?

When I answer the phone and say the place of buisness and person over the phone ask's is this so and so? Did I not just say this?

People who don't read and get mad at stuff that they have already sign.

Old September 7th, 2009, 6:20 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
I'm sure I posted this earlier, but since my school year started recently, it reminded me how much I get annoyed by kids that stand in the middle of the hallway and form a huge group where everyone has to squeeze around (this seems to be majority of the freshmen that do this >>). Or when you're trying to get to class, and everyone walks sooooo slow in front of you and as you try to get around, they speed up... Or they walk on the wrong side of the hallway.

Or people that show too much PDA (public display of affection) at school. I'm fine with normal couple stuff like holding hands, but when it's full on making out against my locker, I get irritated...

Majority of the freshmen and sophomore's who feel the need to talk loudly about their 'sex' lives for everyone too hear in way too much detail.

Kids who speak rudely to adults, I have no idea how teachers deal with it; all the more kudos to them.
I can totally agree with you on everything.

First off, I do not like freshmen, especially at my school. I don't know if it's their generation or if it's my basic instinct to just dislike freshmen, but all I know is that I don't like them. Individually, when I get to know someone, I like them, regardless if they're freshmen or not. But all together, as one big freshmen class, I strongly dislike them. I just don't like the way most of them roam around high school, acting like they're superior among the rest because they're finally in high school. It's like they think they're all grown up and act too cool for other people. It's a bit annoying, really. I'm sure I was like that when I was a freshman, but being a junior now and seeing how they act, it makes me wonder if I was really that...poopy. I don't have a problem with ALL freshmen, just the freshmen in my school, in particular. So, I shouldn't base my annoyance off freshmen in general, just those who are currently attending my school.
So, if you're a freshmen on the forum, please take no offense to my statement. I'm sure you're all wonderful.

Also, I strongly dislike it when there's a huge group of people in the middle of the hallways, blocking people from getting to their lockers. I'm guilty of doing that sometimes, too, but I don't completely have a party in the middle, blocking people who actually NEED to get to their lockers. I hate having to squeeze between people because I just feel so awkward when I do, but I have to if I want to get out of the building or to my locker. I don't understand why they can't just move so people can get through; they're just causing more traffic that could have been easily avoided.

And I completely agree about being annoyed with kids speaking rudely to adults. It's enough for teachers/parents to put up with kids who are rude in general, but to have a youngster completely be rude to someone older, especially if they're an adult, is just plain wrong. What's wrong with kids these days? (just kidding, by the way. )

End of rant. Sorry about that.

Old September 7th, 2009, 9:35 pm
Professor Snape's Most Favored House Elf

People on cell phones: in the market (I'm not talking about calling to double check something on your list -- I'm talking about walking up and down every aisle talking loudly), driving, walking down the street, in the movies, aarrgh!!! What is so stinking important that someone has to stay in contact 100% of the time every minute of the day?

I held you in my arms, although I knew that death
Had already taken you. I held you close, hoping for a faint heartbeat or breath
To prove me wrong.
But, you were still, and could not hear or see
My grief, my tears, my heartbreak knowing that the rest of my life would be
Spent without you.
Old September 8th, 2009, 8:46 pm
First Year

People chewing loudly!

Liars...... why bother!? I would get over the truth quicker than i would a lie

People who look down their noses at you

And old people they always go on about how young people have no respect, i've met some awful old people, who try and push infront of the que (i don't know how to spell que! argh!) Are blatantly rude and push past me, not all young kids/ young adults are rude or as bad as the press make out!

Last edited by keet21; September 8th, 2009 at 8:48 pm.
Old September 8th, 2009, 11:47 pm
Sixth Year

When people younger than me, like middle school age think that they are older then me and treat me like a little kid (thinking that they're all superior because they're 'older' than me). I'm a bit on the short side so I get mistaken for a 7th grader alot and people don't believe me that I'm a senior in high school I guess they cant help it if they don't know, but it gets depressing after awhile

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old September 9th, 2009, 12:53 am
Fourth Year

Ignorance
Fangirls (see above)
Superficialness (see above)
Bad-Boy Syndrome (see above)

Liking something for the sake of liking it, even though it has no intellectual or artistic merits whatsoever (see ignorance, fangirls, and superficialness, perhaps Bad-Boy Syndrome too).

I could bring politics into this...but I won't! =D

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall