Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall

Your Worst Tonks-esque Moment

Old December 29th, 2007, 9:12 pm
Gwen's Auntie

Re: Awkward moments define my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8m57w6 View Post
Something sort of like that happened to me once. My brother used to be in Boy Scouts, and every summer for 3 or 4 years he and my dad would go on these scouting trips for like a week, so while they were gone my mom and I would go stay in Chicago for a few days. My uncle used to live in Chicago, and so one year we invited him to have dinner with us. American Girl Place, which I'm sure was not at all his first pick, but I think he still had fun. Anyway, as we were leaving there was a man out on the street trying to sell things, I forget what, but he started talking to us and telling us what a lovely family we made, and how much I looked like my parents. He thought my mom and uncle were married!! They were pretty embarassed.
Whoa, that is embarrassing! At least he meant it as a compliment, right?

My Aunt and Uncle moved to my town from a different state when I was in 9th grade and one of my cousins is the same age as me. We're exactly 3 months apart.
We got on very well for a while, he was one of my best friends in fact. So it wasn't really unusual that we'd hang out in the hallways at school or sit next to each other in class and talk quietly. Junior year, a teacher was calling roll on the first day of class and called out my name first and his right after (cause we have the same last name)...
and after we both said "Here." He looked up at us strangely and he seriously asked, "Are you married?" *ShockHorror* We were both completely shocked and somewhat disturbed.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2007, 9:17 pm
Rex's Mummy

That's crazy!!!!

Once when my cousin was visiting we were at one of those " *insert town name here* Days" parties, and there was this ride that I didn't want to go on, so my cousin and brother went alone. They are only 10 weeks apart, and we're all really close, and the ride operator asked if they were dating. I thought it was pretty hilarious.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old March 24th, 2008, 2:18 am
Fourth Year

Re: Your Worst Tonks-esque Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger1 View Post
I'm so old that if I listed all my daft moments, I'd take up pages - but one I remember - a wedding - (not mine) a beautiful church, fiiled with stunning flowers - and one arrangement right next to me on the column-end of a row.

And I started to sneeze - very loudly (pollen) and sneeze and -
Ah...I had one quite similar! I caught a very bad cold and was just recovering from it. I was in Science and started to cough - and cough - and cough - and Mr Fowler just ignored me!!!!!! ARGH!

Another one: Errm...I sort of...walked into a lamp post...

Someone else: A guy I know once got hold of a bowling bowl and went to throw it...it sorta flew outta his grip and flew into the machinery behind him instead! he'll never live it down!

Utopia: Teddy Lupin - 2009+

Thora Jinks - 2008/2010

And if you're feeling it, take a look at my art!

Old March 24th, 2008, 2:24 am
Banned

I was at the park one time with my friend Karen and her family. We were running, I had flipflops on, and the ground was muddy. I tripped over my flipflops(amazing how that happens)and fell down in the mud. My skirt, feet, arms, and legs were all covered in mud. And to make things worse Karen's family was watching. Yep I'm a clutz.

Old March 24th, 2008, 3:06 am
Fourth Year

okay, i was around ten, and my brothers, sister, and the neighbor kid were jumping over this bush. i tried it, and at first i made it. the second go-round...well, my foot kinda got caught in the bush, and the next thing i know, total faceplant--dirt and grass eating, maybe a worm up my nose, the works. it was so embarrassing (and it hurt, too! ), and no one in my family will ever let me forget it...after almost six years....

"Things are never quite as scary when you're with your best friend."
My deviantART page:

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
"Writers are an ornery lot, and apt to run off in the oddest directions when you give them an idea." -Bruce Coville
Old March 24th, 2008, 2:08 pm
Seventh Year

sigh...last night i walked into the bathroom and somehow managed to fall into the bath, hitting my head on the way
Also i manage to fall UP the stairs at least once a day rather than down...
In college the other day i was really tired and went to sit on a chair, but it was one with wheels and as i went to sit on it with my bag still on my bag pused the chair away and i ended up on the floor.....
the other day i had to put some eyeliner on for a drama production and i accidentally grabbed some lip gloss stuff and put it on my eyes i was again really tired as you can imagine....
in high school i was swinging on my chair and this 'Mr young and handsome' teacher who was a supply came to my rescue as i swang to hard and was just about to hit the floor...he caught me and sat me back on my chair i was embarrassed.....

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Old March 24th, 2008, 8:08 pm
Fifth Year

About a yar and a half ago, I was moving out of my dormitory into my apartment, and I had just had a huge fight with my boyfriend about when and how to pack things (stupid, I know).
I had this huge box of stuff, and I was going down the stairs (I lived on the third floor, and the elevator was broken. Again.), when my foot hit this rough spot on the step, and I went flying down. My things ended landing EVERYWHERE (Did I mention that the steps were on the OUTSIDE of the building?), and I hit my nose on the way down.
While my nose didn't break (the soft cartilage between my eyes is what got bruised), I felt like I couldn't breathe for a month without whimpering in pain. And to make it worse, I had a cold, so my nose was also stuffy, and I kept sneezing! My boyfriend felt so bad about my hurt, though, that he did carry the rest of the stuff out for me!

"I am having that kind of day where if the winds blow in a different direction, I am reduced to a gelatinous mass of tear-soaked silly-putty, caterwauling in a heap until someone spoon-feeds me chocolate and tells me I'm pretty."

...anyone got any M&Ms?
Old March 30th, 2008, 8:24 pm
First Year

thats not even close to being funny, thats just plain ol stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky View Post

well, i have had a more embarrasing time, but this one i couldn't control my laughter:
i was at the parents evening a year ago, and htere were like 20 teachers in the same room that i was going into with my mother. the floor was slippy as it had just been washed, and i had shoes on that had no grip so when i walked in i couldn't walk ad ended up on my bum. In front of all the teachers,...who were slient as they werent seeing anyone at the time so they were all staring at me. then to make it worse, i went to get a chair, and the chair got stuck on another, so i ended up bringing down the stack of chairs- in front of all the teachers. i must say, i couldn't stop laughing, nor keep a straight face as my teacher was talking to me.

Old March 31st, 2008, 4:00 am
Third Year

once i was on a bus. and my stop was almost here and i was in a hurry (late for a movie) so i was getting to the front so i could run off quickly, andthe mean goiod looking drver pressed on the breaks real hard... and i went flying on his lap....... and he was all shocked so he turned the wheel and it went speeding onto a grassy place and im like sitting in his lap the entire time. finally he presses the brakes and i go flying into the dashboard in front of me. then he opens the door and i calmy walk out.

yeah lots of commotion

oo i got another... (many actually but too embarassing to post!!)

anyways i was at my friends party and she has a cat and i was drinking pop and i lost my balance and landed in the cats litter box... and the pop spilled all over me

oo one more!
okay so we have this park, and it has like a hill and when its snowed its the funnest thing ever!

lol this ones stupid but me and my sister marie were goofing off on the top my having a deathscene and singing and stuff so i was pretending to kill her and i was kicking in slow motiona and somehow lost balance and slid down on one leg only by the end i was practically doing a head stand (tahts how fats i was going) only my head and neck were on the ground so at the end i flipped do my legs went over it was so scary!

and once i rememeber sledding down it on a cookie sheet once and then i was rolling down by myself without it near the end

for other hockey team supporters:
its too late to apologize... but its not to late to flamitize!
I'VE GOT A C FLAMING ON MY CHEST!

Proud member of GSWIA! (Guys Sound Wow with an Irish Accent!)

Snape always had a reason

http://www.calgary-city-maps.com/images/CalgaryFlames.gif

Last edited by sirius_lee_G; March 31st, 2008 at 9:05 pm.
Old March 31st, 2008, 9:14 pm
Banned

Alright I just thought of another Tonks-esque moment. I feel backwards on accident of my friends parent's bed. Then she told everyone. And when I walked downstairs they were all staring at me. That was tottal embrasment for me once again.

Old April 2nd, 2008, 9:28 pm
First Year

I have had so many Tonks-esque moments...hmm well i run into walls alot because i have a habit of not looking where im walking, i trip over my own feet, and there is the ocassional running into trees or anything thats in my path actually. but anyway once at work i decided that i could pick up five plates at the same time... turns out i cant, well food flew everywhere people pointed and laughed my co-workers nearly had a cow, it was very typical me. ive always been a klutz, theres pictures of my when i was 7 falling into my birthday cake.

Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? - Albus Dumbledore
Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:43 pm
do you want fries with that?

Oh dear, I'm supposed to pick a worst?? I have Tonks-esque moments 24/7!!!

I guess the worst has to be one time at work, we were extremely busy. It was right after a football game, and we had both teams come to eat along with plenty of spectators. Normally, we were slip-resistant shoes, but I chose to come in and help and just had my tennis shoes. I was going to get a basket of fries and slipped on some grease and went flying. I hit my head on a trash can, etc. I had a hot fry basket in my hand too, so I just concentrated on it not hitting my face. ANd it was in front of at least 100 people. Its hilarious now though.

And another time I was talking to a co-worker and had just taken a hot basket of fries out of the fryer, and instead of replacing it, I placed on my elbow, not very smart.

The Next Mesut Özil

(Although we must ignore the jersey)
Old April 4th, 2008, 2:17 pm
Second Year

I'm always tripping up or stumbling around because I trip over my feet but the time it was really, really embarrassing was when I was rushing down a street in London because it was the Order of the Pheonix premiere and I there was a hole in the road and I tripped and fell flat on my face and bruised the whole right side of my body and neck! :\

There are somethings you can't share without ending up liking each other,
and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.

Old April 6th, 2008, 2:41 pm
Conquering Reading Lists

Here's my most awkward moment of the weekoh yeah,i make sure I get embarassed atleast once a week!)

Anyways, my friends and I had went to this mall..and we went in to look at some clothes in a trendy shop...My friends were looking at one of the outfits and I was standing beside them...Suddenly,a man(I think he's British from his accent , not sure)...called me..and I was like,maybe he's just gonna enquire about the shop and how it was...but he pulled out an outfit and said"The price-tag isn't here...can you tell me what the actual price is?"...I just stared at him...and then he said"Oh, you don't work here...!!!!"I was so embarassed I wished I could evaporate from there!!!!!!!!!!All of my friends satrted giggling too...and THAT DIDN'T HELP!!Anyway the man was like'I'm sorry....my fault...I always mess up things like this..."...and I was like *TOO LATE *...of course I didnt say that...but pretended like it didnt matter and said 'Oh,no problem"...but I guess he understood...and even after he walked off...he came back and said "Sorry again"...anyways i was so embarassed and my friends wouldn't let me forget it in a hurry either...lol...but atleast the guy was nice...

"At the end of the first round, I will award three points to Mr. Kaine for an excellent nonspecific condemnation, plus one bonus point for blaming the previous government and another for successfully mutating the question to promote the party line. Mr. van de Poste gets a point for a firm rebuttal, but only two points for his condemnation, as he tried to inject an impartial and intelligent observation"
- Jasper Fforde, Something Rotten

Avatar credit: RachelDinozzo at Deviantart

Rita Skeeter was here
Old April 8th, 2008, 3:17 am
First Year

1. Walked down the hall and someone you know is really far away but you dont want to make eye contact too soon yet you dont want to miss it so you look at them then look away..
2. Gone in for a hug and had your arms the wrong way or your heads both go the same direction then you bump heads
3. Kept bumping in to someone... they walk right you walk right, they walk left you walk left etc.
4. Messed up a high five; there are many ways to do this believe me... high fived it when they went for a pound. high fived someone when they ment to highfive the person BEHIND you and so on.
5. Waved to someone when they were waving to someone behind you

8. Awkward silences.
9. Calling somones name when its not them.
10. Calling someones name and they dont hear you so everyone stares at you when you look like your talking to yourself
11. Awkward conversations in general
12. Stuck talking to someone and you both slowly start walking different ways
13. Saying bye and then walking the same way as that person

17. Having a hole in your pants
18. Joining in on a random conversation followed by stares

20. Talking about someone and then realizing they are right benind/next to you!
21. And best of all you just love to make awkward smiles in pictures.
22. Told a joke that no one laughed at (or one that only YOU thought was funny)

25. Sang REALLY loud and then someone changes the station or whatnot leaving you singing REALLY loud for a second or two..
26. Being in a different country where they dont speak english and saying something about someone and they understand you

...someone's hand flies out and hits you in an awkward place.

Huh, hefty list

Old April 8th, 2008, 12:48 pm
First Year

Awkward moments define my moments.
Seniors at my school are allowed to go to the shopping centre at lunch, and sometimes I will go grab something to eat and then come back to the Senior Centre to study. Today I bought a Big M and a bag of bagel chips, and both of them were too big for my tiny, tiny hands, plus my extremely sensitive leather wallet, so I asked for a shopping bag at the supermarket.
I then had the most conspicuous walk back to the school, because I looked like I had gone grocery shopping, and people were staring at me.
I only noticed this because I dont actually like the people at my school, so it struck me as odd that I felt so awkward.
Blerp.

Old April 8th, 2008, 10:14 pm
First Year

On several occasions I"ve tried getting out of the car with my seatbelt still on.

Or I get into the shower with some item of clothing still on. Usually a bra or a hairband or something. I'm like, "this feels wrong..."

Or if I get my hair cut and people say "You got your hair done!" and I automatically answer "Yeah, thanks!" Wait, they didn't compliment me at all...

Or pretending you've heard what someone has said to you and then they have a follow up question like "so what do you think?". Then you have to admit that in fact you don't no what they've said in the first place.

Hairdresser talking to you while she's blowdrying your hair so you have a shouting conversation but you're left shouting when she turns it off.

People coming in to where I work and presuming I'm foreign and they start talking to me in (insert foreign language here) and I'm like "Whoa whoa, heh, dunno what you're saying". Embarrassing all round.

Having a tag hanging off the back of my new top all day! With nobody telling me!

Old April 8th, 2008, 11:35 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapdog View Post
On several occasions I"ve tried getting out of the car with my seatbelt still on.

Or I get into the shower with some item of clothing still on. Usually a bra or a hairband or something. I'm like, "this feels wrong..."

Or if I get my hair cut and people say "You got your hair done!" and I automatically answer "Yeah, thanks!" Wait, they didn't compliment me at all...

Or pretending you've heard what someone has said to you and then they have a follow up question like "so what do you think?". Then you have to admit that in fact you don't no what they've said in the first place.

Hairdresser talking to you while she's blowdrying your hair so you have a shouting conversation but you're left shouting when she turns it off.

People coming in to where I work and presuming I'm foreign and they start talking to me in (insert foreign language here) and I'm like "Whoa whoa, heh, dunno what you're saying". Embarrassing all round.

Having a tag hanging off the back of my new top all day! With nobody telling me!
WOW!!! That is Really Akward

Old April 9th, 2008, 10:59 am
Conquering Reading Lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapdog View Post

I've done these so many times... I know how EMBARASSING that is!!!atleast now I have companylol

"At the end of the first round, I will award three points to Mr. Kaine for an excellent nonspecific condemnation, plus one bonus point for blaming the previous government and another for successfully mutating the question to promote the party line. Mr. van de Poste gets a point for a firm rebuttal, but only two points for his condemnation, as he tried to inject an impartial and intelligent observation"
- Jasper Fforde, Something Rotten

Avatar credit: RachelDinozzo at Deviantart

Rita Skeeter was here
Old April 13th, 2008, 10:18 am
Fifth Year

I had a Tonks-esque moment at the library today: I was trying to put back this one book back on the shelf, I accidently knocked half of the books to the floor, so they ended up in one big heap. Thank god they were all paperbacks!

Then let my heart be hardened,
And never mind how high the cost may grow,
This will still be so:
I WILL NEVER LET YOUR PEOPLE GO.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall