Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall

Your Worst Tonks-esque Moment

Old September 26th, 2007, 9:15 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Awkward Moments Define My Life

^ to add onto that one when a teacher picks on you and you aren't listening and don't know they have said your name...you look up and everyone is staring at you waiting for you to answer

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:26 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky View Post
^ to add onto that one when a teacher picks on you and you aren't listening and don't know they have said your name...you look up and everyone is staring at you waiting for you to answer
YES!! I hate when that happens.... You are always day-dreaming or not concentrating, then you hear your name called with some emphasis.....next you look around wildly and say something like "what?????......Oh....err..uhh.. can you repeat the question?"

Old September 26th, 2007, 11:42 pm
Rex's Mummy

Today during English class we were in a circle for discussion, and a guy near me fell asleep, so the girl next to him poked him, and he thought it was some sort of weird game they were playing because class was so boring.

Oh, something totally awkward happened to me this morning. I was sitting with a bunch of people before school, like I always do. They're thos people who are your friends, but you don't know them well enough that you do much outside of school. So anyway, they started talking about this party thing they're doing instead of going to Homecoming. So they're all going on about how they're going to dress in weird costumes and such, and the one girl says "Some one should dress as Alton Brown!" (Chef on food network for anyone wondering) so I'm like "He's totally awesome." Then other girl says "He IS totally awesome. You could dress as Alton Brown! Except I don't think you're invited." Yeah completely, totally, utterly awkward.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old September 27th, 2007, 3:31 am
Fourth Year

When your mom tells you to wake up and you say 'The midgets aren't friends with tall people any more.' and she laughs at you, asking what that bunch of nonsense, was, but instead of agreeing that it was nonsense, you prove that you had a logical explanation by trying to explain why you said it and making the matters worse by saying that midgets are actaully Dwarves and Humans are elves, and then your mom sends you back to bed.

Please check out my non-Harry Potter story Elmandoroth Chapter Two is finished.

Old September 29th, 2007, 5:25 am
Gwen's Auntie

I narrowly escaped an awkward moment yesterday...My church leader always goes in for a pound or a high-five instead of a handshake, and I mess it up all the time. Yesterday he saw me, slapped me on the arm and walked away, but when he came back he went in for a pound. And I surprisingly didn't mess it up! Yay!!

I walked into the church meeting like 20 minutes late though, and everyone turned around and stared at me.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old September 29th, 2007, 4:43 pm
Second Year

Haha!! I think awkward moments make up at least 5% of my life.

Most of those things in the original list have happened to me, unfortunately... I have some to add, though:

- A guy whom I really don't like in any way asked me for my number... with my mother standing right there... I was incredibly tired, and not feeling good, and I could not think how to respond, and I nearly started crying cause I was so tired and bewildered. Then he said "because my mom wants to talk to your mom about something". Then I felt REALLY stupid, but I was so relieved he wasn't asking me out I didn't care.

- Another time, someone who was giving me a ride home was going to call my parents to tell them we were going to be late... I accidentally gave him my friend's phone number instead of mine... Wow, that was embarrassing.

- Then, of course there's all the times when I mishear something someone said, and I respond with something totally unrelated...

- I tend to find things funny that no one else does, so a lot of times, I'll start laughing really hard at something, and no one else will be... and I'll be laughing too hard to explain what's so funny.

Quote:
15. Typing something while another person ims you and you always end up sending them really weird sounding things by mistake
LOL! I do that all the time.. maybe because I'm sort of a slow typer.

Quote:
YES!! I hate when that happens.... You are always day-dreaming or not concentrating, then you hear your name called with some emphasis.....next you look around wildly and say something like "what?????......Oh....err..uhh.. can you repeat the question?"
That happened to me just the other day... sigh. I hate it.

and over our heads will float the Blue Bird, singing of beautiful and impossible things,
of things that are lovely and that never happen, of things that are not and that should be."
- Oscar Wilde, The Decay of Lying
Old September 29th, 2007, 4:54 pm
Rex's Mummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernInkling View Post
- Another time, someone who was giving me a ride home was going to call my parents to tell them we were going to be late... I accidentally gave him my friend's phone number instead of mine... Wow, that was embarrassing.
Have you ever just randomly, and for no apparent reason completely forgotten your own phone number??? I wasn't tired or anything like that, I just forgot it... It also doesn't help that my home phone and my mom's cell are extremely similar.

I also just remembered a time when I was about 6 or 7, and for some reason I decided to apell the word grey on the phone in my parents room, so I dialed... it would be 4-7-2-9 I guess, and some person answered, and I freaked out and screamed into the phone, then dropped it on the floor. I was a weird child...

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old September 29th, 2007, 5:47 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8m57w6 View Post
Have you ever just randomly, and for no apparent reason completely forgotten your own phone number??? I wasn't tired or anything like that, I just forgot it... It also doesn't help that my home phone and my mom's cell are extremely similar.
Oh YES! I've done that before... lol, it's so embarrassing... I've also forgotten other random bits of very important information, sometimes for only a few seconds, sometimes longer.... I forgot my own birthday once. And just a couple months ago, someone asked me how old I was, and I could not for the life of me remember. I had to take a couple seconds to count up... for some odd reason, I wanted to say I was thirteen (I'm sixteen)

and over our heads will float the Blue Bird, singing of beautiful and impossible things,
of things that are lovely and that never happen, of things that are not and that should be."
- Oscar Wilde, The Decay of Lying
Old September 29th, 2007, 5:58 pm
Rex's Mummy

Well there was the one really awkward moment when my friend's mom asked me if I was involved in some activity at my high school and I said yes, even though I'm not involved in that in ny way at all!!! I felt like such an idiot!! So then I rambled on about well I sort of am, I was going to be, but then I had too many conflicts, so I might be later, and such. Oh, God, so embarassing.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old September 29th, 2007, 6:05 pm
Ordo Lebes

Haha I love this thread. I'm such an awkward person, too!

I was standing by my bestfriend's locker, and I saw a dollar fall to the floor, and I assumed it was hers, so I picked it up, and as a joke I dropped it down her shirt... and, of course, she turned bright red, looked at me and said "Ali, that wasn't my dollar." She had to reach down her shirt and give it to the girl beside her while I laughed extremely awkwardly. The girl just looked at me like I was insane.

Quote:
27. Talking to someone in the hall, and you finish what you were saying, only then to realize that they're not there anymore, so you were left talking to yourself.
Ahahaha...I hate that. I was talking to one of my friends about how much I hate when that happens to me, and then two minutes later, he does it to me. I looked like such an idiot, ranting to myself.

Believe me. I never betrayed James and Lily. I would have died before I betrayed them.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 7:18 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheLovesRon12 View Post
uh, i work at a fast food place, and a guy was asking for a lid for his ice cream, and i thought he was saying "have a good time" and i was like. uh*SMILE* you too? and then i walked away, and called me back, and reasked the question with motions =/
that and tripping on nothing are my two most embaressing occurances.

#19 happened a lot. I used to work at a theater and when I'd say "enjoy the movie" they'd say "you too." though I think it was a mutual embaressment. I knew they were embaressed so I felt embaressed for them lol.

Also one of the most embaressing things that has happened to me happened a couple years ago at school. I had lost touch with one of my friends throughout the years and we had just began talking again. One day I was walking one way down the hall and she was walking with some friends from the opposite way(we were walking towards each other), and right before we were going to pass each other and say hi(we had already made eye contact), a door swung open infront of me from a classroom and I ran into it face first. and might I add the hall was full of people when that happened haha.

It's over now, but I like the banner so I'm gunna keep it for a while longer
Old October 2nd, 2007, 6:05 pm
Fourth Year

Yeah...

When I was getting my driver's license, I accidentally put on the form, Height : 6'9''. (I'm 5'9'') So I walk over to the guy who's supposed to give me my eye test, and he looks over my form, pauses for an awkward silence, then goes, "You really don't look 6'9'' to me."

*blush blush*

I practically whipped the form out of his hands so I could correct it. As if the DMV isn't bad enough already... *groan*

Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:48 pm
Rex's Mummy

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but walking down the hall, and it's crowded, and your hand accidentaly touches someone's *ahem* behind. That happened to me today, but thankfully I don't think they noticed.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old October 3rd, 2007, 8:49 pm
Gwen's Auntie

Hahaha, when I was younger, like 10, I was terrified of going outside after dark. I thought someone would kidnap me (Someone did try to kidnap me when I was 3, so I've always been scared of it happening!)...but this one time my mom made me take out the trash at like 11 at night and while I was putting the bags in the garbage cans, this car pulled right up next to the curb and stopped. So naturally, I thought they were kidnappers and I ran inside the house and began locking all the doors. And then there was a knock at the door and my mom answered it...it was her friend from work. They both started laughing at me.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old October 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
9. Calling somones name when its not them.
20. Talking about someone and then realizing they are right benind/next to you!
21. And best of all you just love to make awkward smiles in pictures.
I had those three happen to me -- it was very embarrassing ...

I have another one to add to the list -- * sit down on a bench and get some soda or other liquid on the seat of your pants -- I had that happen to me once when I was waiting to go home from school, it was rather embarrassing.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Old October 14th, 2007, 8:14 am
Third Year

Quote:
25. Sang REALLY loud and then someone changes the station or whatnot leaving you singing REALLY loud for a second or two..

that is me.

Old October 24th, 2007, 2:03 am
First Year

Re: Awkward moments define my life

Sometimes I swear really loadly in a public place and everyone stares at me.

Or when you forget someones name which happens daily to me.

Old October 24th, 2007, 2:49 am
First Year

haha...this thread describes me perfectly. i work at an ice cream place, and one time this guy ordered a large swirl in a dish. i thought he said a large squirrel in a dish (because i mishear things constantly) and proceeded to stare blankly at him for about a minute until he repeated himself reeeeaaallly slowly...yep.

Old October 24th, 2007, 3:12 am
Rex's Mummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day_Dreamer View Post
haha...this thread describes me perfectly. i work at an ice cream place, and one time this guy ordered a large swirl in a dish. i thought he said a large squirrel in a dish (because i mishear things constantly) and proceeded to stare blankly at him for about a minute until he repeated himself reeeeaaallly slowly...yep.
It's always so funny when you mishear and end up interpreting wildly different things than originally intended. The resulting conversations can be pretty hilarious as well. I've had that happen so many times...

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old October 24th, 2007, 3:12 am
Unspeakable

When I get nervous, I tend to do stupid things. For example, I went to a job interview once, and the lady gave me her mail to bear down on while I was writing and I walked out with it! I had to take it back and apologize.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall