Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall

Your Worst Tonks-esque Moment

Old August 9th, 2007, 6:24 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Your Worst Tonks-esque Moment

I was at the beach before, in the sea, and a huge wave knocked me over, and it was sand that was covered in sharp stones, i got scratched all up my right leg and on my butt, i was bleeding like no tomorrow, it looked like i had been mauled by a cat

"The tank is empty let it dry,
I'm suffering.
A passion ending,
So the world ceases turning."
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:48 pm
First Year

I am such a klutz.
One day in class, I knocked my desk over - while sitting in it. Now this would be understandable if I were a hyperactive third-grader, but unfortunately, I was a college sophmore at the time. What happened was, my pen had rolled off my desk and when I leaned over to get it...crash! The classroom was very old with hardwood floors and heavy wooden desks so it was very echo-y. I'd been sitting right in front too so everyone saw what happened. To make it worse, when I hit the ground I dislocated my shoulder (it does that from time to time) so I was both embarrassed and in a great deal of pain. Oh, did I mention that this was in Professor Young-And-Handsome's class. Of course it was! And he (bless his heart) tried to come to my rescue by pulling me onto my feet by my injured arm! I thought I was going to pass out.
On the bright side, it makes a great story.

Old August 9th, 2007, 11:07 pm
Rex's Mummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyN View Post
I am such a klutz.
One day in class, I knocked my desk over - while sitting in it. Now this would be understandable if I were a hyperactive third-grader, but unfortunately, I was a college sophmore at the time. What happened was, my pen had rolled off my desk and when I leaned over to get it...crash! The classroom was very old with hardwood floors and heavy wooden desks so it was very echo-y. I'd been sitting right in front too so everyone saw what happened. To make it worse, when I hit the ground I dislocated my shoulder (it does that from time to time) so I was both embarrassed and in a great deal of pain. Oh, did I mention that this was in Professor Young-And-Handsome's class. Of course it was! And he (bless his heart) tried to come to my rescue by pulling me onto my feet by my injured arm! I thought I was going to pass out.
On the bright side, it makes a great story.
That's like at my old school. The deks were those kind with the chair attatched, so the desk part had no realy support at all, and the number of times people put a large stack of heavy books on the desks only to have them crash to the floor, or having people lean over in the, and have them crash to the floor, occasionaly with the desk on top of them... Makes for some good laughs, though.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old August 10th, 2007, 1:38 am
First Year

Eh, I don't really have many. Well, I did get knocked in the back of the head by a door, but that's cause I wasn't even paying attention (and the boy I liked (once) was the person opening the door. couldn't stop laughing. Hope he didn't think I was crying!) , and I did run in the hallway once... ran right smack into another boy. I swear I saw stars. I was in second grade. other than those (that don't really qualify), random bumping into things. Oh, wait!! I just remember one!! I was in Chicago with my cousin Lucas, and I had a HEAVY suitcase. Normally he would have delt with it, but he had his own this time. So I had to carry this heavy thing up a huge flight of stairs alone. Now, I am not exactly weak mind you, so I dragged it till I came to the huge flight of stairs and to save time (so we wouldnt' miss our train) I tried carrying it. Big mistake. I could feel it in my legs, they felt ready to collapse on me. I had just got up there, I am not sure if I tripped or my legs gave out, but I felt like I did both and there went the suit case. Down the stairs. I felt so idiotic!! There were alot of people around and then there was Lucas, my favorite cousin. But thankfully, the gentleman he was, he retrieved it for me. That is the worst and it just happened, almost a month ago!

Old August 10th, 2007, 11:42 am
First Year

When I went to take my college placement test, the desks you sit in are close in. There's a hinge on the top part and you push it up so you can sit. So I pushed it up, sat down, and before I could pull it to close the desk, it came down and hit me in the head. Loudly. In front of all of my future classmates.

Old August 10th, 2007, 5:11 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

Hmmm...Tonks-esque moments...my whole life is a Tonks-esque moment. I'm forever knocking things over and falling over my own feet.
At work, once I was putting some cups back onto the shelf and I ended up braking three at once.
Also, I am finding a habit of slipping over in the bathroom - especially when I'm in the shower - and hitting my head on the bath/tiles/floor. That's not so good...

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal

Last edited by LoonyMagic; August 10th, 2007 at 5:15 pm.
Old August 10th, 2007, 5:18 pm
Second Year

I was leaning back in my chair, then I fell backwards, right through the screen door into the backyard. That was embarrassing.

Old August 10th, 2007, 7:24 pm
First Year

Well now, let's see..... can I count them all? Well, I was going to see OotP (oh the irony) and i tripped up the steps of the theater, twice.And I run into lockers at school, and someone shut the door to the band room on me once. But i do tend to trip up the stairs instead of down, and i dropped a whole platter of watermelon at a family reunion that one time.

GRYFFINDOR RULZ!!!!!

Yeah, that's right. Mess. With. Me.
Old August 11th, 2007, 3:59 am
First Year

I was once walking on a road (It was a fairly empty cul-de-sac and I was much younger, bear in mind), and I turned around to see a car behind me. They were going slow, so I had no chance of being hit, but I wanted to get out of the way as quickly as possible. I turned and ran right in to a lampost.

Feedback is always appreciated.

Recommended Fanfictions: 'Initiation, Realization and Reunion', 'Setting the Example' and 'The Rest of His Life'.
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:15 pm
Sixth Year

LOL, this thread cracks me up. Mine would probably be the Wednesday passed, my mum was pushing a shopping trolley to the car and I was leading it. Neither of us were looking at the trolley and she ran really hard into my heel. Luckily we had frozen products to put on it since, obviously, we'd just finished shopping. But I still have a massive lump and bruise on my heel.

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:40 pm
Fifth Year

Yesterday, i put mousturiser on my hands, then i picked up a pint glass of water, because i'd just put mousturiser on, the glass slipped through my hands, and ended up broken on the floor, there was water everywhere.
(Lucky it was only water)

"The tank is empty let it dry,
I'm suffering.
A passion ending,
So the world ceases turning."
Old August 13th, 2007, 4:59 pm
First Year

My whole life has been Tonks moments, just a few minutes ago I stripped in my room even though i was just standing there. And before that as i was putting on my shoes, I nearly broke my hand as i fell to the ground.
And to think the number of times I broke thigs in people's houses, it no wonder that people don't trust me with fragile things.

Weasley is our king
Weasley is our king
he never lets the quaffel in
Weasley is our king
Old August 13th, 2007, 9:51 pm
Definitely not Fourth Year (that's a bit boring)

I'm so old that if I listed all my daft moments, I'd take up pages - but one I remember - a wedding - (not mine) a beautiful church, fiiled with stunning flowers - and one arrangement right next to me on the column-end of a row.

And I started to sneeze - very loudly (pollen) and sneeze and -

well I know they were happily married, but unfortunately I didn't see the end of the ceremony, having had to leg it to cover the noise I was making..

Old September 25th, 2007, 5:32 pm
Gwen's Auntie

Awkward moments define my life

So, I checked the search thing and it's not working. So if there is already a thread like this on here, feel free to delete this one.

This thread is for all the awkward people like me to discuss their awkwardness.

f you've ever...
1. Walked down the hall and someone you know is really far away but you dont want to make eye contact too soon yet you dont want to miss it so you look at them then look away..
2. Gone in for a hug and had your arms the wrong way or your heads both go the same direction then you bump heads
3. Kept bumping in to someone... they walk right you walk right, they walk left you walk left etc.
4. Messed up a high five; there are many ways to do this believe me... high fived it when they went for a pound. high fived someone when they ment to highfive the person BEHIND you and so on.
5. Waved to someone when they were waving to someone behind you
6. Grabbing someone elses food [i.e. drinking someone elses smoothie...]
7. Someone spoke to you in bad english and you just smiled and nodded yes when the question wasnt a yes or no question
8. Awkward silences.
9. Calling somones name when its not them.
10. Calling someones name and they dont hear you so everyone stares at you when you look like your talking to yourself
11. Awkward conversations in general
12. Stuck talking to someone and you both slowly start walking different ways
13. Saying bye and then walking the same way as that person
14. Talking really loud when loud music is on and then people turn it down and you say something really loud
15. Typing something while another person ims you and you always end up sending them really weird sounding things by mistake
16. Walking down the hall and being at the point where you know them but you are not sure if you know them enough to say hi yet, so you dont
17. Having a hole in your pants
18. Joining in on a random conversation followed by stares
19. When you're at a restaurant and the waiter says "enjoy your meal" and you say "you too" only realizing later that they aren't going to eat anything
20. Talking about someone and then realizing they are right benind/next to you!
21. And best of all you just love to make awkward smiles in pictures.
22. Told a joke that no one laughed at (or one that only YOU thought was funny)
23. Told a story that people respond with "here we go again" or "that was the most worthless story i've ever heard"
24. This thread
25. Sang REALLY loud and then someone changes the station or whatnot leaving you singing REALLY loud for a second or two..
26. Being in a different country where they dont speak english and saying something about someone and they understand you

...if any of these have ever happened to you, you're not alone. Welcome, because who isnt awkward

Pretty much all of these things have happened to me, plus more!

Just to add my own personal stories to the discussion: I was at a party yesterday and was accidentally groped. That ever happen to anyone else? You're just walking along, minding your own business, and someone's hand flies out and hits you in an awkward place.

So...if this thread doesn't get shut down or whatever, feel free to discuss your awkwardness! Go ahead!

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old September 26th, 2007, 12:03 am
Rex's Mummy

Re: Awkward Moments Define My Life

Oh, those halve all definately happened to me... So anyway, thought I'd add to the list...

27. Talking to someone in the hall, and you finish what you were saying, only then to realize that they're not there anymore, so you were left talking to yourself.
28. Start telling a story you want people to hear, then in the middle they just start habing their own conversation, and you're left just talking. (You would not believe how many times this has happened to me...)
29. Have someone "ask you out" (or ask any question for that matter), and you're not sure if it's a joke or not, so you just stand there looking embarassed/terrified/just plain awkward.
30. Getting into a really loud, uncomfortable argument in the middle of class, having everyone stare at you, then having the teacher take you in the hall for like, 10 minutes while the rest of the class is just left sitting.

Thought I'd make it an even 30.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old September 26th, 2007, 3:31 am
Fourth Year

Hahahha these are all so true!

Old September 26th, 2007, 7:24 am
Gwen's Auntie

Was in the airport a couple years back...and I had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep the night before, because I'd been up packing (leave it to me to procrastinate!) and I'm just about falling asleep on my feet in the line, when it finally moves and the security guy asks me how old I am, and I groggily look up at him and mumble, "Seven."...and off his weird look I think about what I just said and then wince. "teen...seventeen, sorry."

Quote:
Have someone "ask you out" (or ask any question for that matter), and you're not sure if it's a joke or not, so you just stand there looking embarassed/terrified/just plain awkward
Guilty of this one, I'm afraid.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old September 26th, 2007, 6:54 pm
First Year

uh, i work at a fast food place, and a guy was asking for a lid for his ice cream, and i thought he was saying "have a good time" and i was like. uh*SMILE* you too? and then i walked away, and called me back, and reasked the question with motions =/

Old September 26th, 2007, 7:23 pm
Seventh Year

^

I have lots of times been talkign to someone and they have walked away from me. Not that they don't like me...its just they don't realise i am really there....i think it is because i am a small person...note to self: Grow.

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Old September 26th, 2007, 8:05 pm
Fourth Year

Another possible awkard/embarrasing moment is when a teacher calls on you during class, and you don't know the answer, so the best thing you can come up with is "Uhhh...errrr.....umm....I'm not sure?"