Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall

Your Worst Tonks-esque Moment

Old August 7th, 2007, 9:46 pm
First Year

Your Worst Tonks-esque Moment

A place for you to vent on your most klutzy and clumsy moments that you deem worthy of Nymphadora Tonks, were embarrassing, or just plain funny.
I haven't seen a similar thread.

This thread is born from my own embarrassing moment a couple of months ago when I was in a fairly quiet but packed room. I got up to leave and half way through the door I managed to trip over a trash can that wasn't even in my way. Everyone saw, and I was too embarrassed to go back to the room again!

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:10 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Your Worst Tonks-esque Moment

I am very like Tonks, so my life is full of her klutz moments and she is very like me character wise too. In fact I was banned, while camping with my friends, from drinking inside the tent as it was inevitable I would spill stuff everywhere and I am always falling over.

In fact if I didn’t have some Hermione characteristics as well, I would be exactly like Tonks. Sometimes its very cringe worthy for me reading about them because I am like: oh god no that is just like me.

'Why is every critical moment in fate or the adult or child so clearly coloured by emotion?’ Vygotsky
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:12 pm
Seventh Year

well, i have had a more embarrasing time, but this one i couldn't control my laughter:
i was at the parents evening a year ago, and htere were like 20 teachers in the same room that i was going into with my mother. the floor was slippy as it had just been washed, and i had shoes on that had no grip so when i walked in i couldn't walk ad ended up on my bum. In front of all the teachers,...who were slient as they werent seeing anyone at the time so they were all staring at me. then to make it worse, i went to get a chair, and the chair got stuck on another, so i ended up bringing down the stack of chairs- in front of all the teachers. i must say, i couldn't stop laughing, nor keep a straight face as my teacher was talking to me.

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:23 pm
Sixth Year

I have a habbit with tripping while walking up stairs, and bumping into walls.

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Fifth Year

I was standing watching my brother on the computer, and i turned around and walked smack into the wall and got a nosebleed and a black eye.... thats pretty unfortunate

"The tank is empty let it dry,
I'm suffering.
A passion ending,
So the world ceases turning."
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:46 pm
Rex's Mummy

I tend to just trip. For no reason, and not over anything whatsoever, I just trip, then proceed to crash into walls, doors, people, my dog, etc. I can be very graceful at times, but it comes and goes. At the moment, I can't think of anything super-embarassing, but I'm sure I'll think of something. Well, actually, I can, just nothig involvong klutziness.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:00 am
Sixth Year

I just remembered one:

I was at my friends church for a game of black out tag they were having. her pasture was walkinga round with a camera to scare us and when he snuck up on my two freinds and me, we screamed and all three of us ran in different directions. I smacked into the wall, and i heard my two friends trip. Then we weren't paying attention when we reunited and we tripped down a small flight of stairs.

Old August 8th, 2007, 2:37 am
Gwen's Auntie

Well...I have quite a few, actually. I'm not what you'd call graceful at all! I actually have an ear problem that causes me to lose my balance randomly. I've had it since I was like 2, so I'm used to it by now, but when I trip or anything I just blame it on that!

This one time in junior high...I was walking down the main stairway at school...and I tripped about 6 stairs from the bottom and fell. I landed on my knees at the bottom of the stairs, just when the guy I had the biggest crush on walked by. (He laughed...the crush pretty much ended there.) Anyway...when I stood up my ankle hurt really bad, so I hobbled to my class...where I realized I had lost my pencil.

I constantly walk into things...walls, tables, chairs, the stair railing, doors...even when I see it, I still manage to hit it somehow.

This one is seriously embarrassing, tho...I was getting a ride home from this certain guy who I had a crush on. He pulled up to my house, I opened the door and stepped out, and everything would've been fine if I hadn't turned to look back at him...but I did. Started walking while still looking at him and wham...ran head first into the still open car door. It hurt so bad and I was so embarrassed, but I just kinda laughed it off and said bye. I could tell he was waiting until I couldn't see to start laughing.

Looking back on them now, they are hilarious!!

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old August 8th, 2007, 3:23 am
First Year

I was getting into my van and misjudged the doorway and BAM! I smacked my head. This happens quite a bit and the kids get a kick out of that. WE also just moved into our new house, which has a semi-circular like stairwell. Again, I misjudged and it was dark...I didn't count the steps and missed two or three and again....BAM!

Don't make me use this wand!
Old August 8th, 2007, 3:47 am
Sixth Year

I just remembered another one...When I first moved into a new neighborhood, this girl I met was showing me around her house. She wanted me to meet her mom, who was outside. So, we were walking over there and Thought the door was already open and then WHAM! I slammed myself into a screen door and I back away to see her and her mom laughing.

Old August 8th, 2007, 5:49 am
Rex's Mummy

I can remember many moments of other people, but I seemed to have blocked them out for myself. I do remember this one however. It was at track practice, and the team was 5-8 grade, since it was a small school, but still, the team was huge, and there were only like, 3 coaches, and they were busy helping other people, so my friends and I went to try and high jump. I always thought it looked cool, and kind of wanted to try it, so my one friend goes and makes it over, so I decide to try. So I'm start running up there, and am going pretty fast, but then panic at the last second and instead of jumping over or just stopping and trying again, I jump like, 2 inches in the air, smash into the pole, then fall half on the mat, half on the ground. It was actually pretty painful.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old August 8th, 2007, 8:36 am
First Year

I was at school, walking up the stairs with my friend and at the corner of the 1st stairwell and my sleeve gets caught at the end of the railing. It throws me backwards down a couple stairs until my body does this strange turn and I end up facing the other way, but eventually grab a hold the railing. By this time I'm facing the opposite direction holding myself up with my arms over my head onto the railing. My friend doesn't even notice and just keeps talking. Until she turns around and is very confused as to what just happened.

I'm very Tonks like though when it comes to being a klutz, well not quite as bad, but I do have my share of moments. It doesn't embarrass me though, I haven't yet done anything too mortifying. My school musical this year though, I didn't fall or anything, but a number of people did. One girl fell flat on her face in the middle of the show, luckily she was in the house, not on the stage at that scene, so a lot of people didn't notice. Also during rehearsal, one girl had to dance on a table, and it fell flat on the floor, the legs gave in and fell on quite a few people, no one was hurt though. Another happened during a show, a girl came on stage and her skirt fell off, but luckily fixed it quickly.

Ah, amusing times. It doesn't beat the time my sister died in a play and the people who were supposed to pick her up, dropped her, then stepped on her dress and ripped it.

Oh, and during one scene, we had a few beds with telephones on them( we were gossiping on the phone, and then get up and dance). As one girl hangs up her phone, gets up, another girl is supposed to jump on the bed and start dancing. But instead hits the phone with her foot and it flies across the stage hits a few other people, and we have to pretend nothing happened, because we were performing.

Last edited by Alucinor99; August 8th, 2007 at 8:41 am.
Old August 8th, 2007, 1:54 pm
Fifth Year

Im crying with laughter at some of these

I am prone to walking into doorframes, even when i see them coming.
And no matter how hard i try, when im walking in a straight line, i just cant seem to keep it that way, i always drift to one side, maybe thats why im always banging my shoulders and arms on the door frames so much

"The tank is empty let it dry,
I'm suffering.
A passion ending,
So the world ceases turning."
Old August 8th, 2007, 4:14 pm
First Year

I'm always falling over, spilling things, knocking things over, breaking things ...

This year in PE, we were playing baseball, and I'm actually a pretty good player, but in some way, strange as this sounds someone pitched the ball I swung the bat, I actually hit the ball but it swerved and hit me in the face. I broke my glasses, got a black eye and threw up all the way from the field to the changing rooms. It was AWFUL.

I always fall when going down the stairs.
And I've broken 2 mirrors just this past month.

And another strange one, I was walking past an open door and one of my belt loops caught the door handle, and it went all the way through and the handle was all curvy and I couldn't untangle myself.

I'm an embarrassment to society.

Old August 8th, 2007, 6:47 pm
First Year

Oh dear, clumsy moments...
I've got quite a few, but the most recent would be when my friends and I went to the Waterpark. We went to get into the wave pool, and there's a grate across the ground where the water drains into at the front. As we're walking into the water, I step right over the drain, and I guess the floor of it didn't have enough traction. I slipped right there and fell on my butt! I got up and tried to look normal, but it was pretty embarrassing. And then later in the day we went back to the wave pool. This time I was determined to step carefully and not have a spill. But I still slipped and fell again on my butt. I felt like such a klutz.

I love Tonks, though. She makes me feel better about the silly accidents I have.

Harry Potter Personality Quiz

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!

Old August 9th, 2007, 7:42 am
First Year

this one is really stupid.

i didn't know that the lane in the bowling alley was slippery and someone's bowling ball was rolling backwards back to us and so i walked on the lane to pick it up and i slipped...twice. once, i fell and when i stood up again and walked on (see how dumb i was?), i slipped again...really high and fell on my butt.

Old August 9th, 2007, 9:22 am
First Year

once i slipped on the floor of my bathroom (tiled floor...hard tiled floor...) and ended up with a golfball-sized lump on the back of my head... VERY painful ><

i've walked into a glass door once, which was...err...awkward...but apart from those i don't think i've done anything REALLY klutzy

Old August 9th, 2007, 4:38 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicarowling View Post
this one is really stupid.

i didn't know that the lane in the bowling alley was slippery and someone's bowling ball was rolling backwards back to us and so i walked on the lane to pick it up and i slipped...twice. once, i fell and when i stood up again and walked on (see how dumb i was?), i slipped again...really high and fell on my butt.
Don't worry, I've done that before.

Old August 9th, 2007, 6:21 pm
Rex's Mummy

I remembered one that happened on vacation when I was about 6 or 7. We were in Washington D.C., and I forget where exactly we were, but there was this fountain, and my brother and I were walking around in it because we were bored, and there was this grate covering part, and that was what we were walking on, but at one point, the grate was broken, which we didn't realize, and I stepped on it, and fell through into the water, and got completely drenched. I believe it happened outside a museum, and we were waiting for a tour before it happened, and so we didn't have time to make it back to the hotel beofre the tour started, but I was completely soaking wet, so my parents had to buy me a really large t-shirt from a stand, and I had to wear that for the rest of the day, with nothing else!!

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old August 9th, 2007, 6:48 pm
Fourth Year

I'm so, so clumsy. Actually, my nick name is "Grace." So, it's kind of hard for me to pick out the worst moments because there are so many.
The worst was probably when I went to kick my cousin in the butt as a joke, but ended up tripping, falling flat on my face, and twisting my knee.
I also nearly tipped over a manikin in a store. Well, basically, whenever I go to a store, I knock something over.

“That which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to comprehend. Of house-elves and children’s tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped.”

92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall