Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall

Your Worst Tonks-esque Moment

Old September 28th, 2011, 4:07 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Your Worst Tonks-esque Moment

Sometimes, when I get up too quickly, I have trouble getting my balance and I bounce into a wall. I am not always hurt, but sometimes, I find bruises on my body and can't remember how I got them.

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2011, 2:20 am
Second Year

I was catching beads at Mardi Gras a couple of years ago, hanging out on the parade route with some people I knew. One of the guys on a float that was passing pointed at me and launched a huge sack of beads at me. I tried to catch with one hand and hold my Bloody Mary with the other, got knocked on my butt into a mud puddle and lost both the beads and the drink. Everybody around us thought it was hilarious. Particularly my "ladylike cursing." The only upside was that a nice looking young Swedish tourist went across the street and bought me another drink. Such a nice young man, she said innocently...

Old August 19th, 2012, 7:12 pm
First Year

Hmm, I don't actually remember them much. But I once tripped over a sock or something on top of the stairs, roly-polied down them, slid down on my back for the last few and crashed into the downstairs cupboard - and it HURT! XD

Old August 20th, 2012, 5:48 pm
Seventh Year

I frequently will walk up to doors, grab the door knob and push (without turning the door knob) and run smack into the door at more or less full momentum. I feel pretty stupid when I do that.

Which is a lot.

Also...

A long long time ago my family was having a big get together (like 50 family members) at my mom's cousin's house. I kept going in and out of the sliding glass door between the back patio and the dining room because there were cookies on the dining room table. One time I went in for cookies and someone closed the glass door behind me and when I turned around I ran literally face first into the sliding glass door. Ouch!

Last edited by Goddess_Clio; August 20th, 2012 at 5:53 pm.
Old August 28th, 2012, 2:03 am
First Year

Heheh, once when I was about 14 I decided that going "night-skiing" on my first day of skiing ever would be a fantastic idea. I ended up not being able to see anything and accidentally going over a ramp. I landed rather poorly, knocked myself out, and one of my skis went skiing off happily down the mountain without me.

Fun times.

Old August 28th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Seventh Year

You wanna talk good skiing stories, I once got on a ski lift and as I was lifted up off the ground my left ski fell off my boot and slid away... I had to get off at the top with one ski and had to be skidoo'ed back down the mountain to retrieve my stupid lost ski back at the bottom lashed to the back of a weird, 40-year-old ski-resort employee. (I was about 10 years old at the time)

Old August 28th, 2012, 11:33 pm
First Year

During one of my scenes in "The Miracle Worker" I had to run/crawl up the stairs to the second level of the set. Well earlier in the show we had the infamous breakfast scene and I guess some of the water and hash browns hadn't all been picked-up off the stage. My co-star who was playing Annie Sullivan grabbed my arm (she was supposed to stop me from running run/crawling up the stairs while holding a pitcher full of water) I slip on the water and hash browns and fall onto my back. As I fell I accidentally pulled the actress playing Annie down with me. We were covered in water and laughing so hard we were shaking. I took a good two minutes before we could restart the scene. Our backs were bruised for the rest of the run.

Old August 30th, 2012, 8:14 pm
First Year

On my way down the stairs one morning, I missed the last stair and went sprawling across the floor. Not horribly injured, but my pride took a bit of a hit.

Old November 21st, 2012, 7:57 pm
First Year

I've a friend who likes to invent nick names for me. Just this week he text me to inform me that my new nick name is Tonks per my clumsiness. And my most Tonks-like moment would have to be when I was at the gym and fell off of the treadmill.

Twice.

In under five minutes.

My friend, who was running along beside me on her own treadmill, was laughing too hard to pull the emergency stop for me and the man next to her had to lean across and do it. Having tumbled off of the machine and backwards into the wall behind the row, I kinda just sat there and laughed until a minute or two later when I could stand. When I got back on my treadmill, I set the speed a couple paces slower and made sure to walk carefully. Despite my efforts, I was thrown again from the machine and this time I gave up trying to act like I can walk without falling when the ground is moving from beneath me. A woman across the gym from me was looking at me like I was falling on purpose like some kinda masochistic joker. She gave me the Stink Eye. A girl a few machines down from me peered around others to tell me that she's a marathon runner and that she still falls sometimes. I appreciated her kindness. My friend..."friend" nearly wet herself. It was a... humbling experience. I was bruised for ages.

In additoin to this experience, I have fallen down the stairs at least four times, and fallen up them more times than I've cared to keep track of. The air, in all it's weighlessness and lack of sturdy form, is enough to trip me if my feet are too daft to trip over themselves. Since getting glasses last year, my depth perception has improved some, but my coordination is still terrible. Luckily, though, I have never broken anything.

Old November 21st, 2012, 9:50 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess_Clio View Post
You wanna talk good skiing stories, I once got on a ski lift and as I was lifted up off the ground my left ski fell off my boot and slid away... I had to get off at the top with one ski and had to be skidoo'ed back down the mountain to retrieve my stupid lost ski back at the bottom lashed to the back of a weird, 40-year-old ski-resort employee. (I was about 10 years old at the time)
OMG!! I forgot my skiing Tonks-esque!! I was skiing at a local run. Not very high, not very challenging. However, when disembarking from the t-bar, my ski got caught and then my jacket caught on the T-bar and I was dragged along. Conveniently - AROUND the emergency stop cord and into a ditch that separates the runs. That is when the T-bar let go of me. I landed in a heap at the bottom of the ditch. Ski patrol was called because I wasn't getting up. I couldn't. I was laughing too hard!!!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall