Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Old August 26th, 2007, 8:52 pm
Second Year

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Has anyone here heard of this anime series, or even seen it?

It's an amazingly good series (At least in my opinion...Some people love it, some people don't) And quite a crazy one at that.

The series is broken down into two stories. the first part is roughly 15-16 episodes, then the rest is the second part (Which contains the same characters as the first part, it's just 7 or so years after what transpires in the first part)

Here's a short description from AnimeNFO
Quote:
In the distant future, people build their homes and raise domestic animals in subterranean caverns. As a result, they live in fear of the occasional earthquake and cave-in, and have been for hundreds of years. Jeeha is one such village.

One day, a boy named Simon happens to find a small, shiny drill whilst digging to expand the village. At the same time, Kamina, a guy who believes that there is another land above the village, persuades a gangster to break through the ceiling in order to leave the cavern. Suddenly, an earthquake occurs and the ceiling collapses, followed by a big robot breaking through the ceiling.

Kamina is now sure that there is a world above them. Recklessly, he begins to fight against the robot. At that moment, another person appears from the land above. It is a girl by the name of Yoko. With a rifle in hand, she had been tracking the robot. However, all she could do was distract it. Then, Simon shows what he had found to Kamina and Yoko. It's a mysterious robot whose head is also its body.
The series progresses from there where they find out the truth about the surface world as well as why all humans are under there. The second half expands on explaining all of this.

It's a mecha-type series and pretty crazy. Kamina has tons of sayings that are cheesy but at the same time epic.

The series is only about 25-26 episodes (Can't remember) With episode 21 I believe being the latest one.

It's not a completely mindless action mecha anime either, it has parts (One part in particular so far) that will/might make you cry if you really get into the series, and other parts that are just epic.

Here's a link to the official site (Japanese) but you can get an idea of the animation style.

http://www.gurren-lagann.net/

Gryffindor Till The End

Last edited by Sesshoumaru; August 26th, 2007 at 8:57 pm. Reason: Link To Official Site
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2007, 9:13 pm
Hogsmeade's Worst Icon Maker

Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

I love your username! I just had to stop by and say that.

I never heard of this series but it sounds quite interesting. Is it playing on TV now? I couldn't find the DVDs on Netflix.

Old October 13th, 2009, 3:27 am
First Year

I love this series. By far my favourite. It is truly astonishingly good, and I highly recommend it.

Also, the Japanese sub is superior to the Dub, but not by much. The American VAs are amazing.

Lions and Eagles are loud. Badgers are sleepy. It's those venomous Snakes you should really watch out for.
Old September 4th, 2011, 8:05 pm
First Year

This has to be one of the best animes I have watched.
I cried many times, and at other times I just felt really spirited.

I use a lot of the quotes in the anime still to this day.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime