Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Pokemon anime

Old January 12th, 2008, 2:13 am
Sixth Year

Re: Pokemon anime

When I was younger, I was OBSESSED with Pokemon....heck, I still watch it from time to time.

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2008, 12:28 am
First Year

I love Pokemon too! But I miss Misty...EVIL MAY AND DAWN!
Ok, Dawn is kinda cool..I admit it.

Rue, even for ruth, here shortly shall be seen,
In the remembrance of a weeping queen.
~Gardener, Richard II.

Old January 15th, 2008, 3:02 am
Fourth Year

... I used to watch it all the time.. I'd still watch it, but it's not on TV here anymore..
I met the person that did the voice of "ash' though.. I got her autograph

When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.
Old January 15th, 2008, 3:17 am
Sixth Year

Really? That's so cool!!!!

I miss Misty too...I also thought for the longest time (back when I was 8-9-ish) that Ash and Misty would end up together. I haven't seen it in a while, so I don't know what happened between them. (They had thier blushing moments, if I rememebered correctly)

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Old July 31st, 2008, 6:27 am
Second Year

I guess I'm like a lot of people here - I watched Pokemon as a kid, was totally obsessed with it, but now I can't stand the new episodes. I don't care for the new voices...there's just something about the old Ash, Misty, Brock, and Team Rocket that rekindles so many fond memories that I can't settle for the new characters. I downloaded all the original Pokemon episodes onto my iPod, and I still watch them.

And OH MY GOSH, you met the girl who voices Ash! That would be a dream come true for me. Heck, if I met any of the original voice actors, I'd be head over heels.

Old August 8th, 2008, 6:15 am
Third Year

I'm also an oldschool Pokemon fan. I still remember my first episode ^^; I was waiting for Sailor Moon to come on at 4, and I found it while flipping stations. It was the one when Ash finally beat. Lt. Surge back in the Kanto region. It was so awesome back then. Back when it had a story and personality. Now? If I turn to it, I feel like I've seen the episode 5x before in an old season.

It really did fall apart during Johto. It sort of pick up in the Hoenn region, but then it went back to repeating the same old story-lines... and then to add insult to injury, the entire dub cast was changed after the PUSA switch. It just never felt the same after that. My will to watch the show has practically diminished ^.^;

As for shipping, I'm a pokeshipper (Ash and Misty) and a rocketshipper (J&J). I don't hate May or Dawn, but I feel Ash bonded more with Misty personally than either of them.

I wish Ash would become a pokemon master already. I use to wish for the show to go on forever, but since it's not going anywhere... let him finally get on top, marry Misty and let their kid have his/her own series :P

You've got to make the effort, and love every moment of it
Old September 4th, 2008, 7:30 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Girly View Post
I used to watch this back in the day when there were only 150 Pokemon and Ash was on his way to the very first Pokemon league. Still remember that theme tune.

Ditto. I tried watching the newer ones (battle frontier?) and couldn't get into it. I played the Pearl version and it was a guessing game on what pokemon was good and what wasn't since I didn't know anything but the originals and a few of the newer ones.

Bring back the old! lol.

Old May 20th, 2009, 2:37 am
Seventh Year

Pokemon was the only reason I would get up in the morning back in the days of primary school! Mum would turn it off because it stopped me from getting ready for school - I used to cry when she did that hahaha!! It's changed so much now since I was obsessed with it, which was 9 years ago! ... wow!

Old May 20th, 2009, 2:48 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Take away ten years...I was a huge fan at the time, despite being a high school junior at the time. I remember the first episode I saw. It was the episode where "Ash" caught Caterpie. I was sick from school, and it was early afternoon. I was flipping through and caught like maybe the second half of the episode. Didn't know what it was, but thought it was interesting. Thought Ash and Misty were sibs too, until the end of the episode with the way she was admiring him. lol

After it went off, I waited a while, called a friend of mine, and was asking him about "a show called Pokemon" and if he'd ever heard of it. Ironically, while talking to me, he was playing either Pokemon Red or Blue and explained the whole thing to me. lol "Oh, so it's a game and the show is based on it!"

I kinda miss those days where I'd rush to go watch an ep.

Old May 28th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Suteki da ne

Question. Did any UK people watch Pokemon on SM:TV Live? Does anyone remember the Ant (as Ash) and Dec (as Mmmmmmmmmmmmissssssty hehe) Pokemon battles they did? I especially remember when Ash (Ant) called upon his brand new Pokemon, Bryan. Mmmmmmmmmmisssty (Dec) couldn't believe that a Pokemon could be called Bryan, but then she got all excited because she realised it was Bryan from Westlife and Westlife came on, Misty pulled off her tshirt to reveal a new tshirt with a pic of Bryan on it

And if you never watched SM:TV Live that's gonna make absolutely no sense to you...

Anyway, I loved the original Pokemon episodes, the Kanto region. Officer Jenny springs to mind (and yes, I am a bit older than the usual Pokemon viewer- I watched it cos it was on SM:TV and because my brother loved it- he's now 21)

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Old June 22nd, 2009, 3:38 pm
First Year

Honestly I think they put too much good ideas on the first 2 seasons cuz honestly the other season were kkinda redundant. I remember when most of my cousins would come over in my house to watch pokemon then play pokemon cards. I miss the good old days (it's wierd saying that since im not yet even donw with puberty XD)

Old July 27th, 2010, 12:33 pm
Third Year

I love the older Pokemon episodes, the ones I used to watch when I was younger. The newer ones I think Misty is gone, and it seems as if Ash's voice has changed. Older ones are sooo much better.

Old September 20th, 2010, 1:26 pm
First Year

I really love Clair because she is incredible and is definitely a character I'd like to see in live action. I bet she'd be beautiful. I've said many times on the internet how I love Clair.

Old September 20th, 2010, 6:37 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlubalybub View Post
Question. Did any UK people watch Pokemon on SM:TV Live? Does anyone remember the Ant (as Ash) and Dec (as Mmmmmmmmmmmmissssssty hehe) Pokemon battles they did? I especially remember when Ash (Ant) called upon his brand new Pokemon, Bryan. Mmmmmmmmmmisssty (Dec) couldn't believe that a Pokemon could be called Bryan, but then she got all excited because she realised it was Bryan from Westlife and Westlife came on, Misty pulled off her tshirt to reveal a new tshirt with a pic of Bryan on it

And if you never watched SM:TV Live that's gonna make absolutely no sense to you...
I watched SM:TV but I don't remember that Although it does sound familiar, maybe because that's such an Ant & Dec thing to do, I don't know

This was definitely my favourite programme when I was younger, but I only watched up to the end of the Orange Islands, I'm not sure why I just didn't like the start of the 3rd series so then I stopped. I have found some of the episodes from the 1st series on Youtube so I was watching them but I got a bit fed up because all the episodes are pretty much the same - no wonder my mum hated me and my brother watching it all the time.

Images taken from http://dft.ba/-2M6r
Do not anger the kitty!Avengers.

Learning to Live Again One shots
Old December 26th, 2010, 12:45 am
First Year

I loved the first few seasons. I'll still watch it when i have free time

Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:11 pm
First Year

I was absolutely OBSESSED with Pokemon! I loved it! It was my reason for waking up in the morning, to tune in to Cheez TV and see what mischief Ash and co were up to today! I remember the first episode I watched, the one where all the Pokemon were lost on that Island and there were subtitles so we could understand what they were saying to each other :P

I miss the good old days, it's still on Foxtel every now and then but it's just not the same with the new voice actors and the episodes feel over done and used. I also miss Misty Her and Ash were meant to get together! Maybe I can find some old dvd's of it sometime soon so I can re-live my youth

R/Hr shipper, forever and always.
Old July 10th, 2011, 6:19 am
First Year

i believe pokemon started to peak at gold and silver, ruby and saphire just annoyed me and the new ones don't even get me started. i like pokemon the original ones the original games and series it was funny and entertaining but now its just starting to get rediculous and no one will respect it soon....

Old July 11th, 2011, 7:45 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyColak View Post
i believe pokemon started to peak at gold and silver, ruby and saphire just annoyed me and the new ones don't even get me started. i like pokemon the original ones the original games and series it was funny and entertaining but now its just starting to get rediculous and no one will respect it soon....
*Points to Japan* I'm sure the country would disagree with you. The show, over there, is still extremely popular along with the games. As for the show, it ranks in the top 10 every week in ratings and has for years. The only time it doesn't show up in the list, is if an episode doesn't air.

Old July 19th, 2011, 7:54 pm
Third Year

My brother used to watch it all the time. I remember everyone used to be really into it. I learned a bit about it but never got into it. He has a Pokemon game that's fun though.

*Nikky wanted a mention*
Old July 23rd, 2011, 9:06 pm
First Year

I used to watch Pokemon with my little brother all the time, very much disliked it to begin with but soon found myself quite looking forward to the next one! Just when i think my Pokemon days are over, i marry my husband and he, guess what - loves Pokemon!! He watches it on TV and also plays on the games on his DS...

How typical!

Can't really complain as i still sing along to the theme tune

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
BatPumpkin
14 1/2 inches, Unicorn, Elm - Brittle
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime