Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Soul Eater

Old March 21st, 2009, 4:14 am
Second Year

Soul Eater

Has anybody ever watched this anime so good?
If not you better start watching it, because it's worth it.

Discuss your favorite scenes, characters and the possible pairings you think there will be because the show is way to its end soon.

Proud Member of Gryffindor
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2009, 5:17 am
First Year

Re: Soul Eater

I've seen the anime and read the manga before. I like the plot so far.

My favorite characters would have to be Death the Kid and Black Star. The only couple I really like though is SoulxMaka.

My favorite scene...I'm not sure. I liked the the Soul, Black Star and Death the Kid comedic fight though. (When Kid first attended Shibusen.)

Old April 19th, 2009, 4:41 am
Second Year

Yeah, it's a pretty good anime.
I haven't read the manga though, so I can't judge it.
And I can't believe it already ended.
I've heard it's a pretty bad ending.

I love the SoulxMaka too.
They look so cute together and opposites attract. xD

Old April 20th, 2010, 3:58 am
Third Year

The anime ending is pretty lame. The thing that bothers me is that they gave the anime a conclusive ending at all. They should have just ended with a cliffhanger or something, and then waited until more of the manga came out to make a second season. I really love the manga, and the recent chapters are particularly hilarious and ridiculous (and full of genderbending - the canon really is more cracky than the fanfiction), but I'd rather watch the anime because the animation is just so awesome, and it's nice to see everything in color.

My favorite characters are probably Stein, Chrona, and a bit of Maka and Marie on the side. Despite the bad ending to the anime, it's still my favorite anime series as well as manga series.

I strongly suggest Soul Eater because it has an interesting, quirky cast of characters, and while it doesn't take itself too seriously and is downright hilarious most of the time, it has its serious moments and does an amazing job of executing them.

I cosplay Maka, I make all my friends watch the show, I'm now collecting the anime and manga as they are released in the US, and I write SE fanfiction. So...I hope more people post in this thread because I love talking about Soul Eater. Way too much.

Those of you who like Soul/Maka really need to check out the manga, because there some really obvious hints at their relationship in the newest chapters (err, you'll see). It seems to be pretty canon now (though I like that the show doesn't feature any real relationships among the kids, since they're too young for silly stuff like that). I mostly ship the older characters, and I like Stein/Marie, Spirit/Stein, and a little Azusa/Marie on the side. Of course, I can't see Stein ever being in a real relationship with anyone.

Old July 11th, 2010, 3:07 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
The anime ending is pretty lame. The thing that bothers me is that they gave the anime a conclusive ending at all. They should have just ended with a cliffhanger or something, and then waited until more of the manga came out to make a second season. I really love the manga, and the recent chapters are particularly hilarious and ridiculous (and full of genderbending - the canon really is more cracky than the fanfiction), but I'd rather watch the anime because the animation is just so awesome, and it's nice to see everything in color.

My favorite characters are probably Stein, Chrona, and a bit of Maka and Marie on the side. Despite the bad ending to the anime, it's still my favorite anime series as well as manga series.
I've finished the Soul Eater download so now I'm ready to watch it completely...and the thing that really makes me upset most of the time is reading everywhere in the Web that it has a horrible ending. The good thing s that I still don't know HOW it ends.

Would you recommend the manga?

I love Maka and Soul....and really hope they end up together

Old July 16th, 2010, 10:17 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merzi View Post
I've finished the Soul Eater download so now I'm ready to watch it completely...and the thing that really makes me upset most of the time is reading everywhere in the Web that it has a horrible ending. The good thing s that I still don't know HOW it ends.

Would you recommend the manga?

I love Maka and Soul....and really hope they end up together
I would absolutely recommend the manga. It's awesome and even crazier than the show. Also, the anime ending isn't terrible or sad or anything, so don't worry. It's just kind of lame.

Soul and Maka ending up together is pretty much guaranteed.

Old July 18th, 2010, 11:03 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
I would absolutely recommend the manga. It's awesome and even crazier than the show. Also, the anime ending isn't terrible or sad or anything, so don't worry. It's just kind of lame.

Soul and Maka ending up together is pretty much guaranteed.
Thank you! I will read the manga! Okay, a lame ending... I can handle it

Hope they really end up together(yn)

Old April 14th, 2011, 7:57 pm
First Year

There should seriously be another season to soul eater. With a better ending too! XD

If I was a Time Lord, I know that I would go to the world's biggest library and just read.
I want to be remembered as the girl who was there when she was needed, and the one who was the nicest of all.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime