Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

House M.D.

Old September 30th, 2010, 1:47 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Re: House M.D.

I was not impressed by the second episode. I dunno. I guess I just didn't like House being all deferential to Cuddy. I wasn't buying into all the comments that people were making about how the show is going downhill with Huddy--people saying that House won't really be House any more. But last night's episode was the first time I worried about that coming true. The argument they had at the end gave me hope, though. I don't want my House all mushy and gooey. I want Dr. Crankypants!

Last edited by freelantzer; September 30th, 2010 at 2:22 am.
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2010, 2:15 am
Representative Homosexual

That sums up my feelings almost. While I did enjoy the second show a lot more than the premiere, I didn't like House's personality at all. I mean, you can tell he is still there under the surface, but he's been coated with some sort of Cuddy covering and I hope that comes off soon, lol. I don't want to rain on the Cuddy/House parade, but I like him a LOT better when he's not romantically interested in anyone. :P

Old September 30th, 2010, 4:31 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
I remember that episode, don't remember the name of it though . But it was sad to hear that she had a disease.

Hopefully...
Yeah, it was.

And, the newest episode of House was better than the premiere episode...But Cuddy and House being too lovey dovey to each other? I mean, they finally had that argument about telling the girls' parents their other option for her but still. Makes me a tad bit worried to see where the show is gonna end up.

Old September 30th, 2010, 7:25 pm
Fourth Year

I actually disagree. I feel like House is honestly trying to be different, because for the first time in the show's run he has something enormous to lose. But actually being different? Not so much. You could tell he was freaked out when Taub tattled on him over the "bureaucratic a**" comments... but he still made them, didn't he? A truly changed House would never have insulted Cuddy in front of his team; this (OUR House?) House went ahead and did it, and only felt bad when he was found out. The episode actually left me encouraged that maybe he won't change too much, after all.

I cordially dislike Severus Snape.

Last edited by LoonyForMoony; September 30th, 2010 at 7:27 pm.
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:47 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonyForMoony View Post
I actually disagree. I feel like House is honestly trying to be different, because for the first time in the show's run he has something enormous to lose. But actually being different? Not so much. You could tell he was freaked out when Taub tattled on him over the "bureaucratic a**" comments... but he still made them, didn't he? A truly changed House would never have insulted Cuddy in front of his team; this (OUR House?) House went ahead and did it, and only felt bad when he was found out. The episode actually left me encouraged that maybe he won't change too much, after all.
That's how I feel about it too for the most part. At least he's trying.

@ Mugglegirl: I'm not too worried about it. As long as the writers keep up the good writing, it's all good.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old October 1st, 2010, 2:13 am

Quote:
Those are good points. I still felt disappointed a bit with House in the second ep. Maybe it's just a transitional period. I'll have to just see how the next episode goes.

Old October 1st, 2010, 2:21 am
Representative Homosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
Those are good points. I still felt disappointed a bit with House in the second ep. Maybe it's just a transitional period. I'll have to just see how the next episode goes.
Ditto. Perhaps I was too hard, but I guess we'll just have to see. I think I've said before, I really only watch this show for the puzzles anyway, so all the personal stuff is just a distraction. XD

Old October 1st, 2010, 4:49 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
I really only watch this show for the puzzles anyway, so all the personal stuff is just a distraction. XD
Really? I'm exactly the opposite. I watch House for the drama element, and the medical cases are just noise in the background. If I watched the show for the medicine... well, I just wouldn't watch the show. The mysteries are (purposefully) very formulaic, and if they were my main focus as a viewer, I'd soon get bored with them. I simply view the hospital setting as a vehicle for character interaction and development; as far as I'm concerned, the show could take place in any procedural mold (the characters could be lawyers, police, etc.) and still be itself. I don't find the medicine to be all that pivotal either to the show or to my enjoyment of it.

Just my opinion, of course.

I cordially dislike Severus Snape.

Last edited by LoonyForMoony; October 1st, 2010 at 6:28 pm.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 4:22 am

Quote:
I'm exactly the opposite. I watch House for the drama element, and the medical cases are just noise in the background. If I watched the show for the medicine... well, I just wouldn't watch the show. The mysteries are (purposefully) very formulaic, and if they were my main focus as a viewer, I'd soon get bored with them. I simply view the hospital setting as a vehicle for character interaction and development; as far as I'm concerned, the show could take place in any procedural mold (the characters could be lawyers, police, etc.) and still be itself. I don't find the medicine to be all that pivotal either to the show or to my enjoyment of it.
I'm primarily focused on the characters and personal interactions, too. The cases just enhance what's going on with the characters for me. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the show could be set in any other type of workplace, but yeah, I mostly focus on the characters.

Old October 2nd, 2010, 7:43 am
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaban43 View Post
Ditto. Perhaps I was too hard, but I guess we'll just have to see. I think I've said before, I really only watch this show for the puzzles anyway, so all the personal stuff is just a distraction. XD
I'm with you on that. The writers are no good at individual story lines. It's all so melodramatic. So without the cases I would have stopped watching by now.

Old October 5th, 2010, 7:59 pm
Oracle Octopus

I loved the new episode....awesome...

Old October 5th, 2010, 11:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
I loved the new episode....awesome...
Me too . It was pretty well written. The way House dealt with that writer was definitely interesting. I look forward to next week's episode.

Speaking of which, I felt so sorry for him -- he tried to defend Cuddy's honor and she leaves without him . Poor guy . Wilson's girlfriend = to me. She's way too aggressive and competitive there ...

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old October 12th, 2010, 9:53 pm

Just saw last night's episode.

It wasn't perfect... but I liked how House grew in some ways.

Thoughts anyone?

Old October 12th, 2010, 10:07 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

Almost time for a new thread so...

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives