Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Things you didn't spot until the umpteenth time in the HP films v.2

Old March 20th, 2011, 12:56 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

Things you didn't spot until the umpteenth time in the HP films v.2

After watching the HP films umpteen times (which I'm sure you have) is there anything that you didn't spot the first few times?

Last few posts of version 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Angel View Post
My family are big credit-watchers...we stay to the bitter end of every movie. Sometimes there's a little "Easter Egg" at the end, sometimes we just see the credits, but note interesting little things about the titles of songs, apparent relatives of the big star or director who did minor jobs things on the set, that sort of thing.

So yes, when it was first shown in theaters, it was shown after the credits. I've seen it on TV at the end of the movie before the credits, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby138 View Post
I watched HBP last night and I noticed something I didn't notice last time... In the Three Broomsticks scene, you can see Draco enter another room (the girl's bathroom?).. I'm surprised I only just noticed this!

Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2011, 2:26 pm
Second Year

Re: Things you didn't spot until the umpteenth time in the HP films v.2

For some reason, in HBP, it took me several times to catch harry,ron, and hermione going into ollivanders. it might have been obvious, but i never noticed.

best harry potter song ever!!
Old March 20th, 2011, 3:53 pm
Second Year

I noticed while watching COS yesterday that Borgin steals back a Galleon from the money he gives to Lucius while both of the Malfoys are looking at something else.

Old March 20th, 2011, 4:41 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriele87 View Post
I noticed while watching COS yesterday that Borgin steals back a Galleon from the money he gives to Lucius while both of the Malfoys are looking at something else.
i always look for that in my dvd version, because i first saw it on abc, but then its just on abc. sadface.

best harry potter song ever!!
Old March 20th, 2011, 5:37 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

the song Hagrid played while blowing on the flute seems familiar. I thought Hagrid had given Harry the flute for a Christmas present.

Old March 20th, 2011, 5:41 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
the song Hagrid played while blowing on the flute seems familiar. I thought Hagrid had given Harry the flute for a Christmas present.
They miss that particular Christmas Present out in the film- perhaps to focus more on the Invisibilty Cloak. I can't remember the exact tune that Hagrid plays on the flute, but I think it's the main melody to one of the HP Soundtrack songs.

Old March 20th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Second Year

Actually Harry doesn't open any other presents besides the Invisibility Cloak. Which reminds me...do we ever see Harry wear Mrs. Weasley's sweaters? I've been meaning to look out for them but I keep forgetting.

Old March 20th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Actually Harry doesn't open any other presents besides the Invisibility Cloak. Which reminds me...do we ever see Harry wear Mrs. Weasley's sweaters? I've been meaning to look out for them but I keep forgetting.
Yes, we do. The most prominent example I can think of is in OOTP, Ron opens the jumper in front of Hermione and she smiles at him. Later on, they also have a jokey conversation about why Ron won't wear the jumper.

Old March 20th, 2011, 6:33 pm
Second Year

Sorry - I meant we don't see Harry open any other presents in the Sorcerer's Stone film.

But do we ever see Harry wearing his sweaters? I know Ron wears his. (Am I the only one who liked Ron's OOTP sweater-vest..?)

Old March 20th, 2011, 6:40 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Sorry - I meant we don't see Harry open any other presents in the Sorcerer's Stone film.

But do we ever see Harry wearing his sweaters? I know Ron wears his. (Am I the only one who liked Ron's OOTP sweater-vest..?)
I don't think so...maybe I need to watch the films again, just to make sure. I quite liked Ron's jumper, too.

I just noticed in the PoA film, that Lupin has a gramophone. Bit slow on the uptake, aren't I? Well, it was cool, I love the idea of Remus being a jazz fan and using an upbeat song like that to help the students turn their fears into something funny seems like something he would do.

Old March 20th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Second Year

Quote:
In Sorcerer's Stone he is wearing it right after the Mirror of Erised scene (I think it is a deleted scene, but they play it on ABC Family). They are in the Great Hall and Harry is sitting at the table, and Ron comes and talks to him, saying something like, "I know what you're thinking, but don't."

Cypress, Unicorn Hair, 9 3/4", Hard

My Pottermore House:

My COS House: Hufflepuff
Old March 20th, 2011, 7:24 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureAuthor13 View Post
I don't think so...maybe I need to watch the films again, just to make sure. I quite liked Ron's jumper, too.

I just noticed in the PoA film, that Lupin has a gramophone. Bit slow on the uptake, aren't I? Well, it was cool, I love the idea of Remus being a jazz fan and using an upbeat song like that to help the students turn their fears into something funny seems like something he would do.
If I'm not mistaken jazz can be heard faintly in the background of his office as he's packing up at the end too.

Old March 28th, 2011, 2:31 am
Sixth Year

I don't think I ever fully appreciated the scene in HBP where Harry touches the ring horcrux and does a little Voldy 'channeling'. I never really paid much attention to this scene. Dumbledore seems to be quite aware of it and and at the same time says that he thinks he has discovered the whereabouts of another horcrux. Of course we think of the locket, but I think the line is supposed to also indicate a realization about Harry for the viewer to pick up on.

Old March 29th, 2011, 3:15 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureAuthor13 View Post
They miss that particular Christmas Present out in the film- perhaps to focus more on the Invisibilty Cloak. I can't remember the exact tune that Hagrid plays on the flute, but I think it's the main melody to one of the HP Soundtrack songs.
Yes! He's playing Hedwig's Theme

Hufflepuff Pride
Old April 3rd, 2011, 6:55 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajna View Post
I don't think I ever fully appreciated the scene in HBP where Harry touches the ring horcrux and does a little Voldy 'channeling'. I never really paid much attention to this scene. Dumbledore seems to be quite aware of it and and at the same time says that he thinks he has discovered the whereabouts of another horcrux. Of course we think of the locket, but I think the line is supposed to also indicate a realization about Harry for the viewer to pick up on.
Yeah, that took me a while to pick up on too. It also took a while for me to realize the little head movement that Harry and Voldemort do in OOTP and HBP.

Old April 4th, 2011, 9:48 pm
First Year

I watched OotP last night and has anyone else noticed that Luna doesn't have an English accent? I guess I've never noticed before because the airiness of her voice masks it somewhat. Theirs little hints of an accent here and there but she really sounds American once you listen past her voices loftiness.

Old April 4th, 2011, 9:49 pm
Second Year

Evanna Lynch is Irish. I've never noticed her of having anything other than her natural Irish accent.

Old April 4th, 2011, 10:03 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisKelpman View Post
Evanna Lynch is Irish. I've never noticed her of having anything other than her natural Irish accent.
Is she really? huh, I'll have to listen more carefully next time I watch. He accent sure isn't very strong.

Old April 6th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Third Year

I watched Goblet of fire last night and there are a couple of things i noticed...
1. When Hermione goes to wake ron and harry I saw foliage (trees,bushes?) out the door.

which seem really weird and out of place to me because it made it look like,
A. the bedroom is the first room you walk into the house. which shouldn't be
B. Ron's room is downstairs, when in the book i'm pretty sure it says it's upstairs

2. Hermione cheering very loudly to both irish team and bulgarian team. but more bulgarian

3. When the candy-trolley lady stops infront of the trio's compartment, you can totally see a couple of bottles of pumpkin juice in the trolley.... and they're EXACTLY like the ones in the wizard world theme park. This made me so happy.

4. Rita skeeter saying "well it'll make you feel right at home then" after harry says "it's a broom cupboard"
my first reaction was "oh no she didn't!" but then it got me thinking,
how does Rita skeeter KNOWS about that in the first place? i'm sure no one that knows harry would tell her, and i dont think a lot of people outside of Ron/hermione KNOW about that, as harry never seemed to talk about it with anyone.

so what gives? movie inconsistency?

Old April 6th, 2011, 3:54 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBronzeNerd7 View Post
I watched Goblet of fire last night and there are a couple of things i noticed...
1. When Hermione goes to wake ron and harry I saw foliage (trees,bushes?) out the door.

which seem really weird and out of place to me because it made it look like,
A. the bedroom is the first room you walk into the house. which shouldn't be
B. Ron's room is downstairs, when in the book i'm pretty sure it says it's upstairs

2. Hermione cheering very loudly to both irish team and bulgarian team. but more bulgarian

3. When the candy-trolley lady stops infront of the trio's compartment, you can totally see a couple of bottles of pumpkin juice in the trolley.... and they're EXACTLY like the ones in the wizard world theme park. This made me so happy.

4. Rita skeeter saying "well it'll make you feel right at home then" after harry says "it's a broom cupboard"
my first reaction was "oh no she didn't!" but then it got me thinking,
how does Rita skeeter KNOWS about that in the first place? i'm sure no one that knows harry would tell her, and i dont think a lot of people outside of Ron/hermione KNOW about that, as harry never seemed to talk about it with anyone.

so what gives? movie inconsistency?
- Ron's room is definitely upstairs. I actually think it's supposed to be the topmost floor of the Burrow. Maybe there's just really tall trees...

- That makes me really happy about the pumpkin juice also! I'm headed there in about...2 weeks and I will definitely be picking up some pumpkin juice.

- I had the same reaction to Rita Skeeter saying that. First I chuckled a bit, but then I was scratching my head trying to figure out how she knew that.

"We spent time here, we made friends here. Thatís a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, itís bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after weíre gone. Maybe weíll see our kids go here.
Thatís the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long youíre away from it, thereís always a way back."
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies