Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Ultimate Film Collection Editions etc

Old July 15th, 2009, 4:16 pm
First Year

Ultimate Film Collection Editions etc

Hey all.
Now that David Heyman has confirmed the Ultimate Collection DVD Editions, what do you want to have on them?

Heyman confirmed:
Sorcerer's Stone:
-Audition tapes of Daniel Radcliffe
-Audition tapes of Emma Watson
-Audition tapes of Rupert Grint

Order of the Phoenix:
-Audition tapes of Evanna Lynch

Half-Blood Prince:
-Audition tapes of Jessie Cave

But again, what do you want?

Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2009, 5:09 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Ultimate Collection Editions

I want the films to have all the cut footage to be put back in. I love extended versions.
And a lot of the behind of scenes stuff.
I think the audition tapes are a great idea! Can't wait to get these!

Old July 15th, 2009, 5:20 pm
Banned

The Ultimate Collector's Editions should have three discs. One disc should be the theatrical cut, and one should be the cut with the deleted scenes added in, hopefully with new ones. The third disc should be packed with at least three hours of bonus features. These films should have had extras like the ones in the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition sets. I'm sorry, but the inclusion of audition tapes is not enough to justify the $25.99 Amazon is charging for the first two films, let alone the $35.99 for Blu-Ray. Speaking of the Blu-Ray releases, the transfers for the first two films need to be redone because they look really bad in high definition. It looks no better than DVD.

Old July 15th, 2009, 6:26 pm
The Next Great Adventurer

Meh. Too many extended versions and director's cuts are self-indulgent and not worth the effort. A few rare exceptions exist but most movies are trimmed for valid reasons. If anything, I would like to see the first two movies more vigorously edited to give them a pace similar to that of the books.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old July 15th, 2009, 6:39 pm
Fifth Year

I want the extended scenes put back in. They didn't add that much time to the movies but provided add'l insight and interaction for the characters and plot.
CoS is already slow paced so it wouldn't really make any difference.
Besides, it sounds like you'll still have choice - theatrical release/extended version.
The more the merrier, I say.
I'm not sure how interesting the auditions will be though. I've found most of the extra features on most HP discs to be pretty lame. So called virtual tours of Hogwarts or Diagon Alley were awkward and extremely, extremely limited. They could've been done so much better. They should've given you free reign of the sets (as much as is possible, that is, considering they are just sets)
Maybe they oughta package the PC version of the corresponding video game with 'em.

Old July 15th, 2009, 8:22 pm
Third Year

Well, two things I'd like to see on the Ultimate Collector's DVD's would be Audio Commentaries and Blooper Reels, Blooper Reels seem far more likely than commentaries (but it'd still be cool if they did commentaries anyways) but seriously, i'm sure the cast would've had som funny moment on the set and messed up some takes. I personally enjoy bloopers, so i'd like to see some from my favorite film series. Auditin tapes actually soud realy awesome to have, just to se what they were like before they wre on screen, to see ow good they actually were that got them picked, and I of course DEFINATELY want extended editions, especially of Order of the Pheonix, i mean WHERE is the rest of Snape's Worst Memory?!?!?

"The Boy Who Lived Is Almost Here"

I've Been Sorted and I am a very proud Gryffindor!
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:01 pm
Seventh Year

I think the audition tapes would be really cool to see!!
I would like LOTS and LOTS of deleted scenes and extended versions of the movies.
LOTS of behind the scenes stuff.

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:03 pm
Too... Much... Fangirling...

I would only buy these if they were extended.

Otherwise, I'd love commentaries! I know I heard Newell did one for GoF, so why not?!

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:03 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
I would only buy these if they were extended.

Otherwise, I'd love commentaries! I know I heard Newell did one for GoF, so why not?!
Yes, he did! I so want to hear that!

Actually my dream with be more than one commentary (you know like in Lord of the Rings or PotC: The Curse of the Black Pearl).

As an example here is what commentaries I would like to be on GoF:
-One with Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint
-One with Mike Newell, David Heyman and Patrick Doyle
-One with J. K. Rowling and Steve Kloves
-One with Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, Brendan Gleeson, Gary Oldman, Miranda Richardson, Alan Rickman, Robbie Coltrane, Maggie Smith, Timothy Spall, Warwick Davis, Jason Isaacs, David Tennant, Frances de la Tour, Predrag Bjelac, Robert Hardy, Roger Lloyd-Pack, Mark Williams, Shirley Henderson, Jeff Rawle, Adrian Rawlins, Geraldine Somerville and Jarvis Cocker
-One with Robert Pattinson, Tom Felton, Clémence Poésy, Stanislav Ianevski, Katie Leung, Matthew Lewis, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps, Bonnie Wright, Alfred Enoch and Shefali Chowdhury

Then you could pick the one you want to hear
And maybe one with the 'could have been' cast and crew...

-One with Alfonso Cuarón, Rowan Atkinson, Rosamund Pike, Heart Evangelista and Julie Walters

It's never gonna happen, but I think it could be cool

Many of you say behind the scenes footage, but what behind the scenes footage do you wanna see?

Last edited by Lilleby; July 15th, 2009 at 11:12 pm.
Old July 16th, 2009, 1:26 am
Registered Animagus

I think it'd be pretty cool to see the audition tapes, mostly of the trio.

I wouldn't mind Ultimate Editios like that of Lord Of The Rings. With mine I got collectors figurines (really good ones though) and the movies went forever I'd rather have the extended versions if they're going to bring this out.

Plus all the usual things: bloopers, trailers, interviews, other promotional stuff, behind the scenes, cut scenes etc.

Old July 16th, 2009, 1:34 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
The Ultimate Collector's Editions should have three discs. One disc should be the theatrical cut, and one should be the cut with the deleted scenes added in, hopefully with new ones. The third disc should be packed with at least three hours of bonus features. These films should have had extras like the ones in the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition sets. I'm sorry, but the inclusion of audition tapes is not enough to justify the $25.99 Amazon is charging for the first two films, let alone the $35.99 for Blu-Ray..
I totally agree! Yes, I want to see all of the footage that they've been holding back from us...quite possibly for this very reason, this may have been planned for a long time and so they give us a few crappy (IMO) deleted scenes on the DVD and keep all the other good stuff that they couldn't fit into the 2-2.5 hr time limit to entice us to buy the ultimate collection set and milk the franchise for all it's worth. We know they have these scenes...for more on this check out the "OTHER deleted scenes (not on the DVD's)" thread. I will be dissapointed if these "ultimate collection editions" are anything short of LotResque in terms of bonus features and extended/director's cuts of the film.

You guys realize how much the whole box set might cost though?! LotR was what, like $125 for 3 films?

Well, if you buy them all individually at $35 a pop that would be $245 or $280 (depending of it DH is combined or not) I expect the box set will be slightly more cost effective (as they typically are) but still about $200! So, better start saving up now! (IF they are worth it)

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; July 16th, 2009 at 1:40 am.
Old July 16th, 2009, 2:46 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilleby View Post
Hey all.

Order of the Phoenix:
-Audition tapes of Evanna Lynch
She supposedly got the part after just one camera test with Dan Radcliffe. It has to be something special. I'll give them a blank check for that one. They can literally name their price.

We are but the dream of a shadow.
Solo somos el sueño de una sombra.
Wir sind nur der Traum eines Schatten.
http://countwestwest.livejournal.com
Old July 16th, 2009, 2:48 am
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I think Rupert's audition tape will be good. We'll finally get to see the rap that he won't let us hear!

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old July 16th, 2009, 2:57 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
I want the films to have all the cut footage to be put back in. I love extended versions.
And a lot of the behind of scenes stuff.
I think the audition tapes are a great idea! Can't wait to get these!
I agree! it's always fun to see what didn't make it into the movie!!
I don't know if this has been asked, but does anyone know when the collection is coming out?

Old July 16th, 2009, 3:52 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
The Ultimate Collector's Editions should have three discs. One disc should be the theatrical cut, and one should be the cut with the deleted scenes added in, hopefully with new ones. The third disc should be packed with at least three hours of bonus features. These films should have had extras like the ones in the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition sets. I'm sorry, but the inclusion of audition tapes is not enough to justify the $25.99 Amazon is charging for the first two films, let alone the $35.99 for Blu-Ray. Speaking of the Blu-Ray releases, the transfers for the first two films need to be redone because they look really bad in high definition. It looks no better than DVD.
considering the fact that i originally bought CoS and hte rest of the movies except SS/PS for $18-$20 each, that sounds extremely cost efficient

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old July 16th, 2009, 10:56 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post
I think Rupert's audition tape will be good. We'll finally get to see the rap that he won't let us hear!
I don't think it's the rap tape, I think it's reel audition tape with Rupert, David Heyman and others..

Old July 16th, 2009, 11:13 am
Third Year

Re: Ultimate Film Collection Editions

In a recent interview Rupe said that he had forgotten about his rap. I love him so much, and I believe him, but it was his rap for his role!

I think they should definitely include Dan, Rupe, and Emma's audition though! Even though Rupe doesn't remember his rap, they must've taped the original one! It would be great to watch that!

Anyway, I do think that they should definitely add EVERYTHING they cut. In HBP, they cut out alot, I know that. I did not see "I am with you" (Dumbledore's line) even though I've seen it in a trailer. I did not see Snape saying "It's... over" even though I've seen that in a trailer. There's also a HR photo of Ron and Hermione looking up a window, and I've seen that many times, but that did not show up in the movie. Another photo was of Ron smiling at the sunlight (I think it was Love Potion era) but it didn't show up in the movie!

They should definitely make up for this whilst adding it to the Collector's Edition.

Old July 16th, 2009, 2:47 pm
I want to believe

Quote:
The Ultimate Collector's Editions should have three discs. One disc should be the theatrical cut, and one should be the cut with the deleted scenes added in, hopefully with new ones. The third disc should be packed with at least three hours of bonus features.
I agree. If I was to buy a collector's edition, I would ideally like it to follow this scheme. I would definitely be interested to see an extended version of the movies (or at least a selection of deleted scenes), because I'm interested in seeing what was cut out of the movies for lack of time or because the filmmakers went in a different direction. Personally, I have no interest in seeing audition tapes. I like extras that have to do with the making of the movie (such as how the special effects were done) and the experiences of the actors.

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Old July 16th, 2009, 3:38 pm
First Year

deleted scenes in the movie. i love those extended movies

Old July 17th, 2009, 1:49 am
The Next Great Adventurer

While commentaries by writers and directors can be worthwhile (Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright are brilliant) actor commentaries tend to degenerate into pointless anecdotes.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies