Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

The deleted scenes we've never seen...

Old January 7th, 2010, 8:58 pm
First Year

Re: The OTHER deleted scenes (Not on the DVD)

It just occurred to me that these scenes might not have been fully edited when they were deleted.

Though I'd love to see them in raw footage, even.

And the Vernon/Harry alternate take is on the Creating the World of Harry Potter part 1.

Also, If I know anything about selling dvds, they're probably holding out for the super-super ultimate Golden Snitch Awesome Editions.

Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:28 am
First Year

I really feel that the only reason that the Ultimate Editions of the later movies would be delayed past the release of the Deathly Hallows movies is because they want to work on integrating the deleted scenes back into the movies. It's not easy, they must use new music, sometimes new CGI and special effects.

I just really hope we get to see some of those scenes not on the original dvd. I really want to see all of the ones deleted from GOF and OOTP.

Old January 11th, 2010, 6:03 pm
First Year

Found high quality photos of the Priori Incantantem explanation scene.

http://tinyurl.com/yfqz9dk

http://tinyurl.com/yk3bo83 <- This one is slightly different too.

Found a bigger version of the trio hugging too.

http://tinyurl.com/yho343z

Old January 12th, 2010, 7:21 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman280 View Post
Found high quality photos of the Priori Incantantem explanation scene.

http://tinyurl.com/yfqz9dk

http://tinyurl.com/yk3bo83 <- This one is slightly different too.

Found a bigger version of the trio hugging too.

http://tinyurl.com/yho343z
I really hope we get to see these scenes in the GOF UE. They could edit the two Harry/Dumbledore conversations (the one on the balcony at night/the morning Common Room) so that they don't repeat the same words/seem redundant. Only when we see the length of the extended cuts will we know if it's more than just the deleted scenes reinserted (especially with POA which is only two minutes).

Old January 12th, 2010, 7:58 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMuggle View Post
I really hope we get to see these scenes in the GOF UE. They could edit the two Harry/Dumbledore conversations (the one on the balcony at night/the morning Common Room) so that they don't repeat the same words/seem redundant. Only when we see the length of the extended cuts will we know if it's more than just the deleted scenes reinserted (especially with POA which is only two minutes).

I made a youtube video of all those unreleased HP deleted scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IyEw1LWoo

Took about 3 hours but I felt it was easier for people to watch a video rather than click a thousand links.

Old January 12th, 2010, 10:01 pm
First Year

On the OotP dvd menu, one of the scenes shown is a DA meeting where they are in a circle around a mechanical death eater and it looks like they are practicing levicorpus on it. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe more DA scenes were shot and never shown.

Old January 15th, 2010, 3:50 pm
First Year

I updated the video with more shots that I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9mUJTmFuZg

Old January 15th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Third Year

Nice videos... Nice images too! My fav was the "Priori Incantatem" scenes... as the images appear in your video, it would have been nice to have that scene in the film.

Anyway, which songs did you use for the video? I recognize the first one and you even mention it, but the other two I don't recall...

Also, at the end you mention a video with actual video clips... would you share the link for that one?

Genuine, Unique, & Authentic Hand-Crafted Magical Wands, Made in the heart of the Rocky Mountains! With real magical cores! Christian Mills, Master Wandmaker. (Click on the card to visit the wand shoppe!)

PROUD RAVENCLAW

Pottermore Info: Spruce & Unicorn Hair Wand, Ten & Three Quarters Inches, Hard. Ravenclaw, SunElm8... If you want to friend me on Pottermore, send me a PM here first...

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Old January 15th, 2010, 4:30 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

Please keep this thread focused on the deleted scences themselves and not fanmade videos and the songs used etc. Discussion of fanmade videos belongs in Magical Masterpieces.

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer
Old January 15th, 2010, 5:09 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Please keep this thread focused on the deleted scences themselves and not fanmade videos and the songs used etc. Discussion of fanmade videos belongs in Magical Masterpieces.

Yeah sorry Hes, just thought it would be easier for people to watch a slideshow with music of the deleted scenes rather than clicking a thousand links. I'll keep on topic.

Captain mills, yeah the Priori Incantantem explanation scene does look awesome. I really don't understand why they wouldn't use it. Did they think it made the ending too slow? I really want to see the waterfall scene too, it looks like a really nice trio moment. There aren't enough of those.

Also the music I used, you can see the titles of them in the description of the video and the other video is in the sidebar, I don't want to get off topic.

Old January 15th, 2010, 7:08 pm
Second Year

One scene not mentioned was Luna and Sanguini meeting at Slughorn's party; there was a photo that showed this before the film's release. If you look carefully in the background after Draco gatecrashes the party you can see the two of them together. I believe they filmed a scene with dialogue between the two of them and if I can find that photo I'll post it.

Old January 15th, 2010, 10:00 pm
Seventh Year

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently, Sanguini is still in the background for the theatrical cut of the scene.

Unfortunately, his dialogue with Luna wasn't a deleted scene on the DVD. Will we ever see their conversation?

Last edited by SwedishSkinJer; January 15th, 2010 at 10:04 pm.
Old January 15th, 2010, 11:31 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubbs401 View Post
On the OotP dvd menu, one of the scenes shown is a DA meeting where they are in a circle around a mechanical death eater and it looks like they are practicing levicorpus on it. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe more DA scenes were shot and never shown.
Huh. Yeah your right, that shot of the DA levitating the DE model isn't in the movie. I wonder why not?

Old January 16th, 2010, 12:17 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishSkinJer View Post
EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently, Sanguini is still in the background for the theatrical cut of the scene.

Unfortunately, his dialogue with Luna wasn't a deleted scene on the DVD. Will we ever see their conversation?
It may never have been filmed. Just because a still image has been produced, usually for publicity purposes, it doesn't mean that a scene was shot which includes the image.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old January 16th, 2010, 12:34 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
He made the videos to put all the images in one place so it would be easily viewable instead of clicking through all the pages here finding the pics.

What really bugs me is that it looks like the GoF deleted scenes that are not on the DVD look completed from the pictures. Boy I hope we get them!

And now seeing the pic of Cormac confronting Ron, the following line makes much more sense:

Quote:
Ron: I’m resigning. After today’s
match. McLaggen can have my spot.
IMO the scene should have stayed.

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Old January 16th, 2010, 12:47 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubbs401 View Post
This is in the OoTP movie, during, I think, where Filch and the Squad are trying to get into the room.

Old January 16th, 2010, 2:04 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack5555 View Post
He made the videos to put all the images in one place so it would be easily viewable instead of clicking through all the pages here finding the pics.

Thanks Jack, I thought it was relevant too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
This is in the OoTP movie, during, I think, where Filch and the Squad are trying to get into the room.
Nah, I just looked. That actual shot had been deleted.

Last edited by Sportsman280; January 16th, 2010 at 2:06 am.
Old January 20th, 2010, 7:56 pm
First Year

Does anyone know any of the higher ups who work at mugglenet who we could ask if they've seen these scenes or not? I've emailed them and they didn't respond. I was thinking since they are a popular fansite perhaps WB previewed some of these scenes for them or perhaps they were still in an early screening that mugglenet knows about?

Old January 20th, 2010, 9:25 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman280 View Post
Does anyone know any of the higher ups who work at mugglenet who we could ask if they've seen these scenes or not? I've emailed them and they didn't respond. I was thinking since they are a popular fansite perhaps WB previewed some of these scenes for them or perhaps they were still in an early screening that mugglenet knows about?
No fansite whatsoever would get to see unreleased footage. The only thing WB does is give them links to new trailers to help get the word out. And seriously if you email Mugglenet again about it you might get on the Wall-Of-Shame, so don't bother. The only people who would have seen this footage are the directors, producers and such.

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:05 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack5555 View Post
No fansite whatsoever would get to see unreleased footage. The only thing WB does is give them links to new trailers to help get the word out. And seriously if you email Mugglenet again about it you might get on the Wall-Of-Shame, so don't bother. The only people who would have seen this footage are the directors, producers and such.

Wall-Of-Shame? What's that?

I just thought that maybe if one of them had seen an early screening of Order of the Phoenix or Goblet of Fire, maybe the director and editor had yet to cut the Sirius dueling Bellatrix scene or the Priori Incantantem explanation scene for example.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies