Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Deadliest Catch

Old May 7th, 2009, 3:32 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Re: Deadliest Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post
Poor Keith. His wheelhouse got invaded by another greenhorn. Surprised he didn't blast the kid.
I know! I was really worried for the kid when he went into Keith's wheelhouse. I was like, "Didn't you watch last season!? Don't you know what happens to greenhorns in Keith's wheelhouse?!" But Keith was really cool about it. He even said he liked that the kid had put the picture up. Although I thought Monty overreacted, I thought the picture was a bit lame. In a dangerous job like that, and especially for a greenhorn, he should be focused on his work not looking at the picture.
Quote:
Murray is my new favorite captain.
Why is Cornelia Marie getting so little air time? I want more Josh Harris! He is my favorite. After last season, the way he took care of his dad . . . and last night, sending Murray to bed . . . he's a great guy, that Josh Harris.
Quote:
After the drama of the Katmai, everything else paled into insignificance.

Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2009, 4:03 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
Why is Cornelia Marie getting so little air time? I want more Josh Harris! He is my favorite. After last season, the way he took care of his dad . . . and last night, sending Murray to bed . . . he's a great guy, that Josh Harris.
My favorite Josh scene is when Phil was yelling at him for leaving the deck. Josh just stood there and kept patting him on the shoulder saying, "Okay, Dad, okay, Dad."

Both those boys really care about their father.

Murray isn't as colorful as Phil and the Cornelia Marie got a lot of air time last year with Phil's health problems. The sinking of the Katmai has taken up a good chunk of time for the past three weeks.

Speaking of "Phil" and "colorful," have you seen the ad he did for the DC marathon for next Sunday? He says, "Happy bleep-ing Mother's Day." That ad really bothers me.

Old May 11th, 2009, 4:42 am

^ I enjoyed the Mother's Day marathon, at any rate. They showed the Best Of episodes for seasons 2, 3, and 4--two episodes each. Then they showed all of the Season 5 episodes. I tried not to watch too much of the Katmai one, though. Too sad.

Old May 11th, 2009, 2:47 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
^ I enjoyed the Mother's Day marathon, at any rate. They showed the Best Of episodes for seasons 2, 3, and 4--two episodes each. Then they showed all of the Season 5 episodes.
I didn't get to watch most of it, but did watch the last few. I don't know what it is about this show that's so fascinating, but it is.

Quote:
I tried not to watch too much of the Katmai one, though. Too sad.
Me, too. I had to change the channel when they started interviewing the survivors.

Old May 12th, 2009, 4:13 am

Quote:
I don't know what it is about this show that's so fascinating, but it is.
Any time it's on, no matter how many times I've seen the episode, I just sit transfixed.

Old May 12th, 2009, 4:46 am
Seventh Year

Same here, Freelantzer. Such a great show.

-Tibbetts

"No dictator... No invader... Can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the Universe, than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments, and tyrants, and armies cannot stand. Though it take a Thousand Years. We. Will. Be. Free." -- Citizen G'Kar, Babylon 5
Old May 13th, 2009, 5:14 am

So today's episode could be called The Whiniest Catch. Dang! Everyone was so . . . crabby!

Jake on the Northwestern--I could not believe his attitude. Is that the same gung ho kid of a season ago? I have never seen Edgar lose it, but he got pretty angry in his controlled, Edgar way. Matt was right--when Edgar tells you to do something, you just say, "Okay." And the cockiness on Jake! "Don't tell me! Anyone would want me to work for them. Don't need these guys."

Robert, the jerk, on the Lisa Marie--"I'm just gonna push my brother down on the slippery deck of a crab boat because I am an immature jerk." Ridiculous. And he is the same guy who was dissing the Cornelia Marie for anchoring up during the storm. All of the vets on the boat just said they were glad they were anchoring up--especially if a big boat like the CM was also--no use taking unnecessary risks. Am not liking Robert. How did he get to be deck boss?

Keith on the Wizard--He freaks out because Monty did not wake him for the walrus heard??? HUH??? How is anyone supposed to know--"Oh, there's a walrus! Run! Wake up the captain who's been awake for over a day!" And then Keith just goes, "I hate you." Insane. (Can't believe Sig did not help him out with bait, though. Disappointed, Sig ).

Josh and Jake Harris on the Cornelia Marie--Typical brotherly arguing, I thought. They were not irrational like some of the others. Just seemed like brothers getting on each others' nerves. I really hope Murray finds some crab soon. I feel bad for him.

Old May 14th, 2009, 3:58 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
So today's episode could be called The Whiniest Catch. Dang! Everyone was so . . . crabby!

Quote:
Jake on the Northwestern--I could not believe his attitude. Is that the same gung ho kid of a season ago? I have never seen Edgar lose it, but he got pretty angry in his controlled, Edgar way. Matt was right--when Edgar tells you to do something, you just say, "Okay." And the cockiness on Jake! "Don't tell me! Anyone would want me to work for them. Don't need these guys."
That was unbelievable. The Northwestern is a good berth. They consistently bring in the most crab. Sig seems to have the golden touch, even when just cod fishing.

Quote:
Robert, the jerk, on the Lisa Marie--"I'm just gonna push my brother down on the slippery deck of a crab boat because I am an immature jerk." Ridiculous. And he is the same guy who was dissing the Cornelia Marie for anchoring up during the storm. All of the vets on the boat just said they were glad they were anchoring up--especially if a big boat like the CM was also--no use taking unnecessary risks. Am not liking Robert. How did he get to be deck boss?
The Lisa Marie isn't giving us much. Have to wait and see how that boat and captain develop.

Quote:
Keith on the Wizard--He freaks out because Monty did not wake him for the walrus heard??? HUH??? How is anyone supposed to know--"Oh, there's a walrus! Run! Wake up the captain who's been awake for over a day!" And then Keith just goes, "I hate you." Insane. (Can't believe Sig did not help him out with bait, though. Disappointed, Sig ).
Keith looks like such a normal guy, but then he goes off on his brother like that. Not the first time. I wouldn't be surprised if Monte decked him some time. I don't think Monte owns any part of the Wizard. Keith's "life is on the line" and he pins his hopes on a walrus sighting? I know these guys are superstitious, but sheesh.

In a way, I can't blame Sig. If he had a ton of extra bait, he should share, but conditions could be just as tight for him as Keith. Keith is the one that made the decision to pile on the bait and now he's blaming everyone else. Typical Keith.

Quote:
Josh and Jake Harris on the Cornelia Marie--Typical brotherly arguing, I thought. They were not irrational like some of the others. Just seemed like brothers getting on each others' nerves. I really hope Murray finds some crab soon. I feel bad for him.
It's like they lost their lucky charm when Phil had to stay ashore.

Old May 15th, 2009, 3:20 am

Quote:
In a way, I can't blame Sig. If he had a ton of extra bait, he should share, but conditions could be just as tight for him as Keith. Keith is the one that made the decision to pile on the bait and now he's blaming everyone else. Typical Keith.
Yeah, I totally agree, there. But the way they showed it made Sig look bad--listening to Keith on the radio and just ignoring it. If he didn't have any extra, he could have just radioed that back. Or maybe he said something to the cameraman--they usually ask about things like that. Sig probably would have commented on why he was ignoring Keith. But they didn't show that in the episode. I was wondering about how they edit those things when I saw that scene.
Quote:
It's like they lost their lucky charm when Phil had to stay ashore.
Murray was really caught off guard when Phil had to stay back. He wasn't mentally prepared. Poor guy. And the Harris boys are really down about it, too, I'm sure.

Old May 20th, 2009, 3:23 am

Tonight's episode--I felt so bad for Murray and the Cornelia Maire boys. Even their mohawks didn't help this time. But they are still my favorite crew. Even in a horrible, disappointing season, they still keep their class--they don't bicker with each other or run Murray down. I respect that. Especially after seeing how some of the guys on other boats are acting.

I am completely annoyed with the Lisa Marie. The deck boss is such a jerk. I don't blame that deckhand for not wanting to work with him. Too bad the captain didn't do anything about it--he could have talked to the deck boss about his "management style." Just said something like--just because you're deck boss doesn't give you the right to abuse and disrespect the crew and take out your frustrations on them. I wouldn't miss this boat if they didn't return next season . . .

I am also still shocked at Jake's attitude toward Edgar. "I hope he dies" If this were a scripted, fictional show I would be angry at the writers for completely going against character. So I'm just so surprised that this is the same kid we saw in the previous two seasons.

Old May 20th, 2009, 4:56 am
Registered Animagus

Had to miss the show tonight because it was the season finale of DWTS. I'll watch it Thursday.

What's going on with Keith and Monte? Did they show anything of Phil?

Old May 21st, 2009, 12:08 am
First Year

This show is awesome it is so crazy, its funny how none of the guys ever complain about how cold it is there.

One day i will be doing that job, everyone on CoS just wait i will be there i will give a shout out, that would be so funny if i did do that

Gryffindor
Old May 21st, 2009, 1:57 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperboard View Post
This show is awesome it is so crazy, its funny how none of the guys ever complain about how cold it is there.

One day i will be doing that job, everyone on CoS just wait i will be there i will give a shout out, that would be so funny if i did do that
We'll watch for you! Better start working out in a meat locker to get in shape.

Old May 21st, 2009, 2:11 am
First Year

Quote:
We'll watch for you! Better start working out in a meat locker to get in shape.
Thanks! The only thing is were can i find a meat locker at?

Gryffindor
Old May 23rd, 2009, 3:37 am

Quote:
What's going on with Keith and Monte? Did they show anything of Phil?
Did you get to watch it yet, Des?
They didn't show Phil at all, and they just showed regular crabbing on the Wizard--no Keith meltdowns this week. He did have a lot of luck at the site of the walrus sighting again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperboard View Post
One day i will be doing that job, everyone on CoS just wait i will be there i will give a shout out
That would be so hilarious. I'd feel like such an insider--one of the few who got the reference.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:26 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Did you get to watch it yet, Des?
They didn't show Phil at all, and they just showed regular crabbing on the Wizard--no Keith meltdowns this week. He did have a lot of luck at the site of the walrus sighting again.
I only got to see the first half. I was falling asleep in my chair.

Darn. Too bad Keith was right about the Walrus. Mr. Generous didn't give Murray any hints about where to find the crab, did he.

Nothing like a killer wave to settle a fight between the deckboss and a deckhand.

I'll be able to watch it on Tuesdays from now on. Watching a rerun just isn't the same for some reason.

Watching the marathon of the 2005 season. It's the last season of "derby" fishing that Freelantzer explained to me. So sad.

The Time Bandit and the Wizard weren't on that season. Maverick is on. I forgot that the Cornelia Marie was it's partner boat.

As always, Sig is right on the crab. Why does Edgar wear a black survival suit? Seems to me it defeats the purpose of being able to see someone in the water.

Old May 24th, 2009, 4:29 am

Quote:
Why does Edgar wear a black survival suit? Seems to me it defeats the purpose of being able to see someone in the water.
I know, Edgar always wears what looks like black or navy blue. Most of them wear orange and some bright yellow. But not Edgar. Don't know why.

I'm watching the marathon of older seasons today, too. I am finding that I'm not very emotionally invested in the boats that I know are no longer on the show. I look forward to seeing what's going on on the Cornelia Marie but I don't really care about the Maverick, for example.

Des, did you see the coast guard rescue of that one fisherman? He was the only one of four to survive and they also recovered two dead. I saw later (on the behind the scenes show) an interview with the cameraman. It was his first rescue. At first he didn't want to continue with that job, filming the coast guard chopper rescues, but he ended up deciding to stay. He said he will be forever changed since that day.

Old May 24th, 2009, 2:25 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
I know, Edgar always wears what looks like black or navy blue. Most of them wear orange and some bright yellow. But not Edgar. Don't know why.
Defying fate, maybe? He seems like that type. Edgar's tougher than he looks.

Quote:
I'm watching the marathon of older seasons today, too. I am finding that I'm not very emotionally invested in the boats that I know are no longer on the show. I look forward to seeing what's going on on the Cornelia Marie but I don't really care about the Maverick, for example.
Did you see the commercial with Phil? Looks like he's back on the Cornelia Marie.

Quote:
Des, did you see the coast guard rescue of that one fisherman? He was the only one of four to survive and they also recovered two dead. I saw later (on the behind the scenes show) an interview with the cameraman. It was his first rescue. At first he didn't want to continue with that job, filming the coast guard chopper rescues, but he ended up deciding to stay. He said he will be forever changed since that day.
That was the one where they abandoned ship (St. Patrick) and it ended up not sinking? So many died. No wonder it changed him for life.

Old May 24th, 2009, 10:52 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Dang it I hate being a week behind the rest of you all . For some reason here in BC Canada we get the show one week later than you do .

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old May 25th, 2009, 2:43 am

Quote:
Did you see the commercial with Phil? Looks like he's back on the Cornelia Marie.
I know! I was so happy to see that! Hopefully he's really back and not just hanging out on board before they leave for opie season. Does Deadliest Catch try to trick us with their promos the way some other shows do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsrule26 View Post
Dang it I hate being a week behind the rest of you all . For some reason here in BC Canada we get the show one week later than you do .
, Twins. I wonder why they do that . . .

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television