Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Is there anything in the movies that you like more than in the books?

Old November 22nd, 2012, 7:02 pm
Second Year

Re: Is there anything in the movies that you like more than in the books?

Quote:
I really liked how they showed the story of the Peverell brothers. The animation along with Watson's reading were well done.
Yes, I loved that too.

I liked when Dudley fell into the water as Harry vanished the glass and then the glass reappeared and he got stuck and Petunia came in screaming.

I liked the wizard's chess scene.

I liked everything in the Chamber and the fight with the basilisk. It was more angsty.

POA is atually one of my favourites. I liked the marauders map but not when they changed it later on. I liked how the name looked like a pop up of the parchment.

I loved he dementors and how eerie they made the environment around them. They really showed how depressing they were and how they could suck the life out of everything around.

I liked the Fat Lady singing.

The blowing up of Aunt Marge and Petunia waving at her while Vernon is yelling, "MAAAAAAAAARGE!"

I actually liked the little stuff Harry and Hermione did when they went back in time like throwing the stones and the howling as well as the chase with the werewolf. But I preffered if they had shown that Harry had come up with the idea to save buckbeak and rescue Sirius with him. They give Hermione all the lines and leave Ron and Harry right there.

I liked Remus transformation and the rest of the marauders transformation. It showed how Remus' lycanthropy is really painful.

I liked Harry under the cloak messing with Malfoy in Hogsmeade.

I liked how they made the Dark Mark in GOF not later on.

I liked the dragon and that scene.

I thought the scene with Myrtle and Harry was hilarious.

The merpeople's village was awesome.

I liked how they made the hedges in the third task scary.

I liked Voldemort's rebirth. (Well, you know what I mean)

I enjoyed the dance and the atmosphere created.

In Order of the Phoenix I felt Umbridges' Office was done well.

I liked the fights at the Ministry.

In Half Blood Prince I found Ron under the influence of the love potion hilarious.

The inferi and the whole cave scene was well done. My heart went out to Harry and Dumbledore.

Snape was shown to be better and not as cruel in the movies in my opinion.

In Deathly Hallows I liked them at the Ministry.

The tale of the three brothers.

Ron and the Horcrux.

Harry in Godric's Hollow at his parents grave. Real poignance and sadness.

The attack on Harry by Nagini was angsty and them disapparating from Godric's Hollow after jumping out the window.

The escape on the dragon was cool. Once again they gave Hermione the idea when its suppose to be Harry's.

The Prince's tale was okay. I didn't really like Snape ignoring baby Harry crying while clutching Lily's dead body. It implied he was there and did not help Harry out, just left him.

The battle was epic except for Voldemort using his robes and both of them jumping off whatever it is.

I liked the epilogue.

Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2012, 7:15 pm
Third Year

I like how Snape told Harry "You have your mother's eyes" in the movies. It's kind of implied in the book and not stated.

I like the scene where Aberforth's patronus drives away the Inferi

Old February 11th, 2013, 4:13 am
First Year

I think the 3 brothers scene from DH was a good use of the medium.

I like that the "mood" of the films was dark and Gothic in style.

But I suppose that those are really about the possibilities of film compared to books. So...

In HBP, Blowing up The Millennium Footbridge ( I think that's its name ) in central London rather than an obscure bridge elsewhere was a great idea.

The controversial "dance scene" was one I liked. It showed that Hermione and Harry were "just friends" and not a couple. It had been stated a couple of times in print so IMHO was a valid addition. Also a Nick Cave fan.

Old February 14th, 2013, 8:48 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post

The controversial "dance scene" was one I liked. It showed that Hermione and Harry were "just friends" and not a couple. It had been stated a couple of times in print so IMHO was a valid addition. Also a Nick Cave fan.
I really liked that scene as well and I think with all the darkness/depression in the movie, it was a good scene to add not just to show the characters interacting but to lift the mood a bit.

I wanted to add that I preferred the way the Marauder's map looked in the movies rather than how it was described in the books (as a simple, square piece of parchment). When I read the books, I kept wondering how small everything on the map must appear since it was supposed to show all of Hogwarts and the grounds as well as the students too!

Old February 16th, 2013, 5:37 pm
First Year

Slughorn. I liked him alright in the books but the movie version made me smile more often and get a bit more into the character.

Old March 15th, 2013, 9:34 am
Second Year

I liked the way the films gave book imaginations substance such as the Ministry of Magic building and the Knight Bus. The way Hogwarts seemed to get bigger as the films went on was something I didn't get from the books.

Old March 15th, 2013, 1:14 pm
Professor Snape's Most Favored House Elf

No. I separate the books from the movies since, after CoS, they stopped trying to follow the books as much and went more for the "based on the book by...." idea.

I held you in my arms, although I knew that death
Had already taken you. I held you close, hoping for a faint heartbeat or breath
To prove me wrong.
But, you were still, and could not hear or see
My grief, my tears, my heartbreak knowing that the rest of my life would be
Spent without you.
Old April 8th, 2014, 9:51 am
First Year

I often got annoyed at the movies for omitting/changing things from the books I thought important.
I don't feel this way about the first one, however. (Full disclosure: I did see the first two movies before I ever cracked a book.) It's easy to answer this question.
In SS, when Hagrid puts the pig tail on Dudley, in the book it seems like Hagrid is just being mean. That's out of character for him. We all know he can be gruff and scary, and you don't want to get him mad. However, I can't think of an instant in the books, other than that one, when he does something evil to someone who hasn't harmed him.
In the movie, however, Dudley is face first in Harry's birthday cake when he gets the pig tail. Let the punishment fit the crime!

And speaking of the SS movie, I was completely hooked on HP from the moment the owls came pouring into the mail slot of the Dursley's door. Nice in the book, but terrific in the movie. The look on Mr. D's face!

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out." Ray Bradbury
Old April 11th, 2014, 3:53 am
Second Year

The evil!Harry and evil!Hermione kiss

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies