Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Tamora Pierce Books

Old January 20th, 2011, 4:51 pm
Curse Breaker

Re: Tamora Pierce Books

See, I loved Protector of the Small best, but I think that's my preference for Kel. Best romance so far has to be Daine and Numair, but I confess I am curious about how Beka will obunce. We've seen two worthy and interesting candidates so far in her first two books (The Piper and Ersken Westover) and our clip of Mastiff gave us another one, the mage Farmer who in power and temperment seems similar to Numair but in his humor and his ego (or lack thereof) seems almost the anti-Numair. Farmer deliberately chose his name as a mock on his classmates who always said he had his head in a hayloft and his feet in furrows. He sounds like he would have been quite pleased with a name like Arram Draper (which leads me to wonder if his birth name might not BE Draper). That's the exact opposite of Numair's path because he went looking for a grand name to bolster himself, give himself the proper air and cope with his loneliness having to leave the Carthaki Imperial Court.

No worries. No spoilers here.

Last edited by jordmundt6; February 10th, 2011 at 11:49 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2011, 4:22 am
First Year

I've only read Alanna: The First Adventure, but I really, really loved that book. It is one of my favorites. I have bought some of her books, but haven't read them yet.

Old March 21st, 2011, 10:17 pm
First Year

oh, my. i just read a snippet of Mastif! i cant wait until it comes out! wow. i loved what i read.

Old April 5th, 2011, 12:55 pm
First Year

Oh, I remember reading the Lioness books when I was younger! Loved them when I read them, but I don't know if I'll read the other books Pierce has written. Somehow it feels like I won't find them as good as the Lioness quartet, which I probably wouldn't enjoy as much as I did when I was younger if I were to read them now for the first time.

Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum.
Old October 12th, 2013, 10:01 pm
Curse Breaker

The Beka Cooper trilogy wrapped up with Mastiff which was satisfying in some ways and depressing in others. The Gentle Mother cult is a mystery unless it's the touch of Chaos, as its mistress rattles her cage, or one of Kyprioth's famous pranks. I find myself wondering if Beka and Farmer Cooper might not have had an enormous family with some talented mages mixed in with the tough Provost Guards, and that maybe one of their children or grandchildren inherited Farmer's sense of humor about names. I can see one of Beka's kids adopting the name Draper and moving to Tyra where the family wasn't so famous, and eventually having a descendant named Arram who bopped around the Carthaki Imperial court trying to make a name for himself.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy