View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2009, 2:34 am
Secret Keeper

Re: Ultimate Collection Editions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
The Ultimate Collector's Editions should have three discs. One disc should be the theatrical cut, and one should be the cut with the deleted scenes added in, hopefully with new ones. The third disc should be packed with at least three hours of bonus features. These films should have had extras like the ones in the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition sets. I'm sorry, but the inclusion of audition tapes is not enough to justify the $25.99 Amazon is charging for the first two films, let alone the $35.99 for Blu-Ray..
I totally agree! Yes, I want to see all of the footage that they've been holding back from us...quite possibly for this very reason, this may have been planned for a long time and so they give us a few crappy (IMO) deleted scenes on the DVD and keep all the other good stuff that they couldn't fit into the 2-2.5 hr time limit to entice us to buy the ultimate collection set and milk the franchise for all it's worth. We know they have these scenes...for more on this check out the "OTHER deleted scenes (not on the DVD's)" thread. I will be dissapointed if these "ultimate collection editions" are anything short of LotResque in terms of bonus features and extended/director's cuts of the film.

You guys realize how much the whole box set might cost though?! LotR was what, like $125 for 3 films?

Well, if you buy them all individually at $35 a pop that would be $245 or $280 (depending of it DH is combined or not) I expect the box set will be slightly more cost effective (as they typically are) but still about $200! So, better start saving up now! (IF they are worth it)

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; July 16th, 2009 at 2:40 am.
Sponsored Links