View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2011, 6:05 pm
Fifth Year

Re: How I met your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana View Post
My guess:
Spoiler: show
They spend at least one episode debating abortion and they're both sure they have to do it, but in the end something (extremely cheesy) happens and they realise they can't or mustn't or both go through with it and decide to keep it instead; OR Robin miscarries. There's no way she gets an abortion, I've only ever seen this once on American TV (incidentally, on one of the best shows I've ever seen, Six Feet Under.)

As for who's the father, right now everything points to Barney, but that's the problem with shows which ditch inner consistency for audience expectations and cheap twists: you can't make predictions based on internal logic or clues. We'll wait and see.
Spoiler: show
I think it's more likely that she miscarries as opposed to abortion. I just don't see something like that happening on a half-hour sitcom.

I think one of the summaries for the next episode says something about Robin receiving bad news that she keeps from the group. I feel like it's too early for a miscarriage (since she - and more importantly us - JUST found out).

"Question: Michael, please tell me Robin isn’t really pregnant on HIMYM. —Iveta
Ausiello: She’s really pregnant. But whether she remains that way is an open question. In possibly related news, here’s the logline for the Dec. 5 episode: “When Robin receives bad news, she decides to lie about it to the gang.” Hmm…."
(http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/ask-au...s-gossip-girl/)

So I don't now. I'd rather Kevin be the father because, as I said before, I've never been on the Swarkles ship and I'm a huge fan of Kal Penn, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be Barney.