View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2011, 12:27 am
The Potions Master

Re: Snape and Dumbledore: Joint Character Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDahB View Post
We very rarely see Snape in these sorts of interactions, where he is met as an equal in terms of bluntness and mutual sincerity (though we seem him often in mutual exchanges of animosity). In my mind, these interactions indicate the closeness and understanding between the Dumbledore and Snape that exists not only from their long term partnership, and eventually friendship, but also because the two are not nearly as dissimilar as they seem at first glance.
I'm at about 99.9% agreement with these sentiments--there's just one uncomfortable fact I can't shake off. I just cannot find where Snape ever calls Dumbledore by his first name. I can't find where he calls any of the "good guys" by their first names. First name use is, as far as I can tell, reserved for Narcissa, Bellatrix and Lucius. And I feel that means something.

Unless, of course, I've just missed it in the canon--entirely possible. I hope I'm wrong! Do any members know of instances where Snape uses the first name of anyone besides Death Eaters, Dumbledore in particular? Please, please share!

Mugglenet.com Editorial: The Flaw in the Plan
Potion notes: noxspell.org

NoxSpell7790 on Pottermore and still Slytherin!
Ebony, Phoenix Feather, 11-3/4" . . . Unyielding

Sponsored Links