View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2010, 4:32 am
Fourth Year

Re: The Hunger Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post
I'm not mad about the theory that practically everyone apart from Katniss knew what was going on in terms of the plans. I know she was fairly oblivious in CF (wanting to go off and incite a rebellion, not realising that she'd already done that!), but I don't like the idea that everyone she trusts could have deceived her like that.
Oh, I don't like it either. Not on such absolute level. Especially when talking about Gale, who seems to be a popular theory in the webzzzz because of his vocal pro-rebellion leanings. As for Peeta, that would definitely give him the substance I think his character is lacking ... but maybe that's just my Peeta paranoia speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post
As a catalyst, did Katniss' stunt with the berries push forward the planned rebellion? It was something that showed the citizens that they could defy the Capitol, that they did have a chance to defy the odds. Or, do you think the leaders of the underground movement orchestrated a situation where someone would publicly defy the Capitol and inspire the people to rebel? I think it's possible but even then, there's no guarantee on how people will act once they're maneuvered into a situation.
See this is where it gets tricky...

I think revolutions are orchestrated, they have to be organized, at least to some level, in order to work and be successful. This is not done in a couple of month. I believe is very possible that something had been in the works already for God knows how many years before. Not in a extremely calculated way, 'cause like you said, no one could predict how people are going to respond. But I do believe the berries stunt helped rallying Panem together, and that the "rebellion front" jumped at the opportunity.

Do I believe the first games were set-up by the "revolution front"? Frankly, no. Do I believe there IS a rebellion front that had been working towards a revolution, before Katniss ever thought of the berries? I'm leaning for YES. Even Katniss is aware that they need someone to direct them.

Who is part of this rebellion front? I have no idea ... other than the obvious choice, Plutarch and Haymitch. But I don't think either of them are at the top of the chain. It could be anyone really! Then add the others characters have joined the movement as the story developed. Cinna, for example (if indeed he asked for District 12 with no other intention than to prove himself as a stylist), or Finnick, and the other victors. IMO, Haymitch could go either way.

I think District 13 will be key on this topic as well.

John Granger (Potter Pundit) has a HUGE theory running around about it being Madge's mother and District 12 mayor's wife (who we have only heard of until now) being the "true Mockingjay", as he calls her. He points out lots of reason, but mainly (1) she has access to information, thanks to her husband's status, and (2) her twin sister (Haymitch former love) was a victim of the Games. Curiosly enough, the Mockingjay pin belonged to her before it was given to Katniss, and the family's name is Undersee.

He expands quite a lot on his theory. It's quite exhausting, but it's interesting to see how he connects the dots according to his interpretation. He calls it 'The Pearl Plot'.

You can read his complete set of posts Hunger Games Post at HogwartsProfesor.com there, if you're interested. I recommend starting in the older entries.

I don't agree completely with them, especially once he tried to expand and make it bigger, including almost every character into it, but I believe he is going to get a bunch of stuff right.

ETA: HUGE NEWS!

The first chapter of Mockingjay has become available at Audible.com Facebook Page in its audio format!!!!

ETA: OH! Seems like it has been taken down. Only managed to listen 8 minutes of it.

Sig made by the awesome cybobbie

You wish we were in your House

The ASP at Hogwarts, Hogwarts Staff Meeting and The Prince of Hogwarts (An ASP at Hogwarts prequel): All by Inkwolf

Last edited by GinnyIsGenius; August 26th, 2010 at 9:26 pm.
Sponsored Links