View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2007, 1:39 am
Fourth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Harry Potter Remakes

INT. THE GREAT HALL-NIGHT

…Harry walking into the Great Hall with the rest of the students. He sits down between Harry and Ron

HERMIONE
What happened?

HARRY
I’ll tell you later.

The camera pans to Dumbledore standing up and the hall goes silent.

DUMBLEDORE
To our new students, welcome, to our old students, welcome back! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank You.
(There’s a laugh throughout the students as he turns to sit down and we hear McGonnagall clear her throat and throw a stern look at Dumbledore)
Oh right..
(He turns back around to the students.) Another year full of magical education awaits you…

HERMIONE
What happened to his hand?

RON
Dunno, but he seems to be off his nutter

HARRY
His hand was like that when I saw him over the summer. I thought he’d have cured it by now though….

HERMIONE
It looks as if it’s died. But there are some injuries you can’t cure…old curses…

DUMBLEDORE
We are pleased to welcome a new member of staff this year. Professor Slughorn is a former collegue of mine who has agreed to resume his old post of Potions master?

Everyone starts to look at each other in shock at the announced and Slughorn stands up and there is an applause .

RON
Potions?

DUMBLEDORE
Professor Snape, meanwhile, will be taking over the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.

HARRY
No.... No it can’t be.

The Slytherian table stands up to clap as Snape raises his hand in acknowledgement

RON
Well there’s one good thing, Snape’ll be gone by the end of the year.

HERMIONE
What do you mean?

RON
The jobs jinxed. No one’s lasted more than a year.

HARRY
Lets keep our fingers crossed for a death…

HERMIONE
Harry!

DUMBLEDORE
Now, as everybody in this Hall knows, Lord Voldemort and his followers are once again large and gaining in strength. (The enitre hall goes silent). I cannot emphasize strongly enough how dangerous the present sitiuation is. I urge you all, to abide by any securtiy restrictions that your teacher might impose upon you. I trust you to conduct yourselves, always, with the utmost regrad for your own and others safety.

The scene fades amd cuts to…

EXT. DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASSROOM-DAY

The students are sitting in their Defense Against the Dark Arts class talking amongst themselves. Snape storms into the room and some student proceed to take out their books.

SNAPE
I have not asked you to take out your books, I wish to speak to you, and I want your fullest attention. I am surprised so many of you scraped an O.W.L in this subject, I shall be even more surprised if all of you manage to keep up with the N.E.W.T. work. The Dark Arts are many, varied, ever changing, and eternal. Your defenses must therefore be as flexible and inventive as the arts you seek to undo. These pictures give a fair reprensentation of what happens to those who suffer, for instance,
(He waves his hand and the screen in the front of the class shows a witch that is shrieking in agony)

the Cruciatus Curse
(there is a quick shot of Neville as he waves his hand again and we see a wizard lying on the ground with a blank expression)

feel the Dementors Kiss

(he waves his hand and there’s a bloody mass on the projector)

or provoke the agression of the Inferius. Now who here can tell me what an Inferi is?

He looks around and only Hermione raises her hand. He looks over her and continues to talk…

SNAPE
Since there is know one…Inferi are corpses. Dead bodies that have been bewitched to a dark wizard biddings.

PERVATI
Has an Inferius been seen, then? Is it definite, he is using them?

SNAPE
The Dark Lord has used Inferi in the past, which means you would be well advised to assume he might use them again. Now can someone tell me the advantage of using a nonverbal spell?

Hermione is the only one who raises her hand again. Snape looks around past her but knowone else is raising their hand. He sighs and turns back to Hermione.

SNAPE
Very well…Miss Granger?

HERMIONE
Your adversary has no warning about what kind of magic you’re about to perform, which gives you a split second advantage.

SNAPE
An answer copied almost word for word from The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Six.
(We see a shot of Malfoy and his friends laugh.)
But correct in essentials. Those who progress to using magic without shouting incantations gain an element of surprise in their spell casting. Not all wizards can do this, of course; it is a question of concentration and mind power which some...
(He looks at Harry) Lack. Now you will now divide into pairs. One partner will attempt to jinx the other without speaking. The other will attempt to repel the jinx in equal silence. Carry on.

The scene cuts to everyone in his or her pairs attempting to jinx the other. The camera pans to Ron who has a strained look on his face as he tries to jinx Harry.

RON
Bloody hell, this seemed so much easier when someone else does it…

HARRY
Just concentrate a little more or something

Ron strains his face again and a weird sounds shoots out of his wand and everyone in the class laughs. Snape frowns and walks swiftly over to them and looks at Ron in disgust.

SNAPE
Pathetic, Weasley. (He takes out his wand) Here…let me show you (Snape turns quickly and points his wand at Harry)

HARRY
PROTEGO!

The sheild reflects the spell throwing Snape backwards into his desk. He gets up angrily and walks towards Harry.

SNAPE
Do you remember me telling you we were practicing nonverbal spells, Potter?

HARRY
Yes.

SNAPE
Yes, sir.

HARRY
There’s no need to call me ‘sir,’ Professor

People gasp in the background

SNAPE
Detention, Saturday night, my office Potter. I do not take cheek from anyone…not even ‘the Chosen One’ Now you all get back to your lesson.

The camera zooms in to Harry and the scene fades to…

INT. HOGWARTS-FIRST FLOOR CORRIDOR-AFTERNOON

Harry, Ron, and Hermione walking down a hallway. There are a few students walking around holding hands and Ron frowns at one couple as they pass by.

HERMIONE
Harry what made you say that to him?

HARRY
He tried to jinx me, in case you didn’t notice! What’s Dumbledore playing at, anyway, letting him teach Defense? Did you hear him talking about the Dark Arts? He loves them! All that unfixed, indestructable stuff…

HERMIONE
I thought he sounded a bit like you when you were telling us what it’s like to face Voldemort. You said it wasn’t just about memorizing a bunch of spells.

RON
Yeah but still, I always knew Dumbledore was going off his rocker, and this just proves it. And now we have to take Potions again since Slughorn is excepting lower scores for the course…

A group of girls pass by and Lavender Brown waves at Ron with a smile on her face. He waves back and we see Herimione roll her eyes as Katie Bell comes running up behind them with a letter in his hand.

KATIE
Harry! Hey, Harry!
(She hands Harry the letter)
For you! Listen, congrats on making captian for the team. Tell me when you call trials!

HARRY
Don’t be stupid Katie, you don’t need to try out. I’ve watched you play for five years…

KATIE
You mustn’t start off like that, good teams have been ruined before because Captians just kept playing the old faces and letting in their friends. Gotta run though, see ya!

(Katie bows his head and runs off)

HARRY
(Opens the letter and reads)
It’s from Dumbledore, he wants me to meet him in his office on Saturday for the private lessons.

RON
Snapes not going to be pleased, you won’t be able to go to detention

HARRY
All the better then.

Sponsored Links